[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>double digit MMR in Dota >throw games on occasion >still

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: 1495765237727.jpg (132KB, 1280x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1495765237727.jpg
132KB, 1280x1125px
>double digit MMR in Dota
>throw games on occasion
>still addicted to it and play it regularly
How do I stop this?
>>
>>38050687
How can anyone play a shitty game like Dota?
>>
>>38050687
atleast play league if u're playin a moba
>>
>>38050727
Why do faggots have this elitism in vidya? You no doubt watch anime, play league, overwatch, etc and have no good taste in classic games or experience in any competitive game- where's your right to talk?
>>
>>38050727
I hate it, but its just so easy to jump into a game and it runs on my toaster.
>>
>>38050687
Throw out your PC or find a different game. If you're double digit MMR I'd find some rpgs or something, doesn't seem like multiplayer is your thing
>>
>>38050987
I shouldn't bother trying to grind it back up?
>>
>>38051142

Double digit is sheer dogshit my man, are you sure you're connecting your monitor to your PC? "Throw games on occasion" doesn't just lead to being the bottom 1%
>>
>>38050893
i wanna get into it but mobas seem so incredibly difficult to learn and get good at. i have no clue how their so fucking popular
>>
>>38051142
A good player take your acc and go to 2500 at least without losing a single game. Just give it up and find a hobby that actually will benefit you in real life; art, languages, buiding or making things, cooking, etc. Dota is a colossal waste of time, even if you improve it wont change much, the 5k mmr players are not really any happier than you, ask /d2g/ if you want
>>
>>38051262
*could take
Hell, I could too and I haven't played in years
>>
>>38050687
i used to be like that with dota, except now i'm like that with being silver rank in overwatch

just a waste of fucking life
>>
>>38051262
>>38051230
If its any help I started at 1k.

What should I do when people see my steam account and start asking about my MMR?
>>
File: 1498790642513.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1498790642513.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>38050781
>why do fags have elitism
>wheres you're right to talk
>>
how are people that horrible at dota lmao, i hardly ever played since early ass wc3 and i still calibrated at 4k
>>
File: 1483716126526.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483716126526.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>38050687
Watch this, then you'll get good
>>
>>38051252
>calls himself a chinaboo
>doesnt play a game that massively panders to chinks
>>
File: 1495242648844.png (59KB, 658x662px) Image search: [Google]
1495242648844.png
59KB, 658x662px
>>38050781
>elitism is only bad when they do it
>>
>>38051394
I literally never support though. Is CM a good way to get out of the trench?
>>
>>38051415
i want to but i don't know how. too hard
>>
>>38050687
>pick support/roamer
>if carry and mid play well, go tryhard
>if not, play casually

There's always that moment in-game when a clash gone wrong decides the whole game.
>>
>>38050781
I agree with you, but the second you mentioned "classic games" your opinion lost all value
>>
>>38051453
just dive in and have fun with it, eventually you'll understand all the little nuances with the game and get better. Just dont play ranked as soon as you can calibrate without really being decent or else you'll calibrate at 1.5k ~ 2.5k
>>
>>38051383
old calibration had an exploit with hero damage

too bad the new calibration system is capped at 3.5k
>>
>>38051330

lol, set steam to private and take MMR off your profile. anyway, so what if they ask? who even are they? your friends? other people in your tier? they're shit as well

why do you play, what is motivating you? why do you want a higher MMR? when's the last time you enjoyed a match? Your thread is low quality, no one understands you; it's just a place for shitposters to bait right now

pick a decent hero to fit your team's draft, counterpick the enemy team, go for maximum game impact by making plays or by dominating farm as carry or mid. you can't last hit an enemy creep wave? go sandbox and bot games and practice until you can. carry a tp, get objectives, mute enemy team and mute anyone on your team you don't want to talk to

you literally cannot get double digit MMR just doing this, something else is horribly wrong with you you're not telling us. keyboard plugged in, you sure? LoL is a casual, watered down ripoff of DotA, maybe you should give that a try, or Smite
>>
>>38051376
Where did I write that? Not seeing it?

You don't see a difference between a first post flaming the OP for no reason and someone else replying to that first post treating them as they did OP? That isn't hypocritical, redditor

>>38051482
But you were with me while I was talking shit at anime viewers? What's so outrageous with having refined taste in older vidya (and thus the history of vidya) once we're past hating anime?
>>
File: durrrrrr.png (2KB, 230x105px) Image search: [Google]
durrrrrr.png
2KB, 230x105px
>>38051577
>Where did I write that? Not seeing it?
kindly neck yourself
>>
>>38051507
I don't enjoy the game at all and I just want to get to 2k so that I can quit with a decent MMR. That's all I want.

I think that despite having a 115 IQ I'm actually retarded which is why I go afk and throw every game. I also can't counter pick.
>>
>>38051629
>2k
>decent

How about you practice with last-hitting creeps first and learn how to kill heroes afterward?

Get the rhythm right.
>>
>>38051646
I can right click just fine
>>
>>38051613
Still not seeing
?

braindead faggot go back to /b/
>>
>>38050687
Just don't ever play this game. It's nearly impossible to enjoy or climb in MMR these days because of Russians and other retards. Every match is literally just a coin-toss.

t. 5400 MMR
>>
>>38051655
>right click

Then that means the enemy team is better at pushing towers and killing your team off.
>>
>>38051657
>go to reddit! go to /b/! im blind! durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>38051697
me mid or feed
>>
>>38051701
I'm with him on this one. You are fucking blind or in such an autistic rage.
>inb4 i-it was bait!!! f-faggot
>>
File: 980x[1].jpg (28KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
980x[1].jpg
28KB, 420x420px
>>38051701
> Just pooped out another inane post where I write like a retard and make shit up. Heh. Never gets old.
> Got this guy so good. I'm so good at this. I fuck.
>>
>>38051726
Doesn't even matter. I literally ALWAYS win my lane because my skill when it comes to mechanics is seriously 8k-9k, but after laning stage everything just falls apart because no one wants to listen to a captain in pubs. Same thing on enemy team, obviously, so each time you queue it's literally just a 50% toss-up. Or nearly.
>>
File: 1498663897936.jpg (57KB, 540x532px) Image search: [Google]
1498663897936.jpg
57KB, 540x532px
>>38051751
>>38051775
>hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr but but but mlurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
>>
>>38051778
>win lane lose game

No wonder Invoker pickers are rampant, it's always 1v9 with farm vaccuums.
>>
>>38051824
I mostly play stuff like Jugger solo offlane and somehow end up with the highest kda/farm in my team. I seriously haven't gained any MMR for years though, I got to 5.4k like 3 years ago by playing Terrorblade and captaining. Too many Russians for that now though, they either don't understand English at all or just do the opposite of what's good.
>>
>>38051850
>jugg at 5k

baka

pick tb or some carry that comes online fast, jugg falls off at 30 min
>>
>>38051884
Healing ward never falls off.
>>
>>38051778
9k mechanics players are qualifying for TI right now, you are not a 9k stuck in the trench because godly mid players can coast beyond 6k just counterpicking or comfortpicking mid. There's no way you can't at least keep hovering in mid 5k honing your skills, 5k isn't bad. OP wishes he could be 5k but he'd plummet like a brick back to 1k if he asked mom to buy him a 5k account

Russians aren't holding you back, it's just that they dwarf your country's community in size, tend to be younger, and have shitty server infrastructure. you would be grateful for Russians if you had to experience playing with south americans
>>
>>38051899
>healing ward isn't killed off

Are you against acc buyers?
>>
>>38051850
How do you deal with being so squishy? I've lost every antimage and jugg game I've played because I always lose trades with them and can't farm.
>>
>>38051939
The usefulness of it is that you can siege endlessly while maintaining pressure. It's just an extremely efficient way to close out a winning game.
>>
>>38050687
I used to like Dota til they changed Skeleton King to Wraith King or whatever it is now.
I know the kit is the same but I liked the actual character most of all
>>
>>38051960
Vanguard is your go-to item
>>
File: tfw you kinda hosted TI6.png (150KB, 961x509px) Image search: [Google]
tfw you kinda hosted TI6.png
150KB, 961x509px
I gave away all my shit to /d2g/, around $90 worth of stuff. I grew to genuinely hate Dota 2 because I was eternally solo queue in a team game, and my behavior score lowered every time I raged and called out shitty peruvians or god awful stacks. Eventually it got so low I was only matched with other raging people all the time, which is when there's literally no way out because everyone is always reporting each other, even if you mute yourself. Just awful games all the time, always had feeders on one team or another. I played since beta invites and was on /d2g/ since before TI2, and really loved it for a long time, then it all went the way of microtransactions

3800 hours wasted for the most part. I gave away +30 Immortals, Enigma bracers, International chests, just gave it all away so I'd have no interest in going back though I still watch it sometimes.

I never did go back. Nothing but bad feelings even now
>>
>>38051960
How is a hero with both magic and physical damage immunity "squishy"? I mean, how is it more squishy than any other hero? What do you actually mean?
>>
>>38051996
>old report system

It was horrible
>>
>>38052004
He means he can't out-dps some PA or other heroes
>>
>>38050893
That's how I felt about League. I could never escape Bronze 5 and enjoyed telling salt mines to go fuck themselves more than I enjoyed playing the stupid fucking game, but it ran on my toaster (back when I had one) and it passed the time.
>>
>>38051938
The people playing at TI aren't special. What makes you think they are? If you picked 50 random but skilled 6k players and put them 1v1 against everyone at TI, the results would be no more than 60% win rate for the TI players. You really overestimate pro players' skills.
>>
>>38052004
>physical damage immunity
>>
>>38052057
Yes, Omnislash makes you immune to damage.
>>
tfw 3k games
normal skill
although i never play ranked or do anything to play better :3
>>
>>38051850
What are your other go-to heroes
>>
>>38051850
What's the cutoff point from +25 to +5?
>>
>>38052034
I mean you're stressing out over leading teams over tilt in 5k but winning LAN is a whole 'nother puppy, most 6ks would struggle if put in front of a crowd. Dota isn't 1v1 mid, it's not the only skill involved, but if you put them against OG/EG/VP/China's best mid the 6k would get rocked every time. Random 6k will get outdrafted 1v1 by the captains every time

I have a dude on my friends who made it to finals and he's a good player but he still choked
>>
>>38052257
It's not a matter of choking. That guy only got one opportunity to try it, most people get zero. Obviously you can't judge anything based off of one opportunity, it means nothing. If you picked one random game from a pro player, there's plenty of bad games they've had.

And yeah it's not the only skill involved, that was sort of my point. The people competing at TI aren't special skill-wise, at all, pretty much any skilled player could perform the same way. The difference is that they have a team. It's extremely hard to find five DEDICATED people who are actually willing to spend a lot of time playing together. I don't know if it comes down to social skills, luck, dedication to find teammates, whatever. I mean, the people at TI are the same exact people who have been in the pro scene for 10 years now. Literally. It's always been Puppey, Loda, Misery, etc etc. And it's not because they are extremely skilled (even though they are, obv), it's because they all know each other and can always manage to get a good team of 5 together. It's pretty impossible for just a random person to get a foot in, or even find 4 other people to play with, because the community is so shit.
>>
>>38051996
How low did your MMR go?
>>
>>38052335
It's sort of similar to how the most difficult part of WoW is, by far, finding 25 (or however many people) who are willing to invest the time into playing together frequently. That is literally all it comes down to. Multiplayer games are the most fun and the most competitive, but, fuck, dealing with other people is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>38052335
Well, a handful of random Chinese teenagers shit on China's corporatist team culture and then shit on the rest of the world to win a TI, EG lucked out with one of their many reshuffles, Loda, Puppey, Mushi, every old god has been trying to succeed by fostering new talent teams... but ya, you're not wrong. Talent, determination, sacrifice. Casual 6ks have less or none of these things
>>
>>38052426
I mean, even getting started is nearly impossible. Have you ever tried to find 4 people who are willing to actively practice? And who have the time to do it? And don't have to go do their homework every time you have a scrim? It's extremely rare to find.
>>
>>38050687
What's this fetish called?
>>
>>38052470

Do teams of 5 randoms need sponsors?
>>
>>38051252
>mobas
>incredibly difficult to learn and get good at

I remember when SC2 apparently died because it's learning curve was too steep.
>>
File: swaggin.jpg (42KB, 463x341px) Image search: [Google]
swaggin.jpg
42KB, 463x341px
Easy game tbqfh
>>
>>38050727
>>38050779
Dota is fucking beautiful and I will defend my waifu from you mouth breathers until I die

I mean, unless you're in shitboy MMR. I can't vouch for that garbage
>>
In your mmr no one will push after a team fight and the team with better late game will win eventually so you better learn a hero who can push like crazy
>>
>>38054042
What server is this from?
>>
>>38051436
no no no, you need to play and learn heroes that win games on there own. NP, Slark, BS, Jug, i could probably boost mmr for you out of sheer fun.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.