[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what aren't you off meat yet? >cholesterol will build

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 19

File: cutMeat.jpg (366KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
cutMeat.jpg
366KB, 1600x1067px
what aren't you off meat yet?
>cholesterol will build up in your arteries
>high blood pressure
>increased risk of diabetes
>1000 other reasons
meat is the silent killer
>>
>>38047800
isn't the point to die as fast as you can while enjoying things like these?
>>
I eat a serving of red meat maybe once a week
>>
>>38047800
Because it's the one pleasure I get to enjoy in life.

I can afford it, I love it, and it doesn't require consent or legal approval.

Not a huge fan of vegetables but even if I became a vegetarian and exercised daily, it's not like I would gain immortality, at best I might live an extra 10 years, and that's pushing it. Maybe an extra decade as a frail old man chewing on Broccoli whoopee.
>>
>>38047800
Because I'm still growing, vegfag. I need the lucine.
>>
>>38047800
well as a vegan i'm gonna contribute to this toasty bread by mentioning that humans did and continue to thrive off this is there better earth friendlier alternatives yes but it doesn't change the fact that meat is definitely a viable way to thrive
>>
File: 1498205990535.jpg (51KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
1498205990535.jpg
51KB, 500x386px
>>38047800
>Something humans have been eating regularly for 10s of thousands of years is bad for you

It blows my mind that people can actually believe this stupid shit. The healthiest foods that currently exist are the foods eating for generations.
>>
>>38047800
>meat is the silent killer
is it silent of you go "MmmmMmm" when you eat it?
>>
>>38047800
>want to look cute and find a robot bf
>keep getting facial hair and other ugly stuff
>stop eating meat
>starting to look more girly

I'm gonna make it.
>>
>>38047826

This.

Why would a robot want to live longer?

A robot should be smoking, eating meat (sometimes raw if the necessary mothers required to cook meat are not around), driving fast, playing vidya and playing pokemon go but by sticking your phone to a drone because fuck walking, that shit will make you liver longer and involves going outside.

We should be avoiding fresh air at all costs and having our shitty little frog lungs adapt to whatever that black shit is growing on the roof.

That, is a fucking robot.

Now GTFO you pansy ass tumblr hippy.
>>
>>38047970

It's not the food itself but the quantity of it per meal and frequency that people eat it, coupled with a sedentary lifestyle that many people in modernized countries have
>>
File: 1446708387914.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446708387914.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
>>38047970
>Well my ancestors lived to be 30 so surely I can eat red meat every day without long-term health consequences
>>
>>38047856
It's more like your peak is shifted 10 years and your youth is extended. Although I think this is possible with or without meat as long as you eat your veggies and stay physically active.
>>
>>38048186

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2008/04/eating-meat-led-to-smaller-stomachs-bigger-brains/

they ate meat for a reason.
>>
>>38047970
>something humans have been eating regularly

It depends on how you define "regularly". Sure, absolute abstinence may be unnecessary, but the current trend of including meat (sometimes multiple and most of the time meat that the eater played absolutely no part in obtaining, so it's just strange meat) in every meal is not in line with what has been done in the past. Hell, a majority of Ancient Greece only sparsely ate meat because the farming of animals was not yet as huge of a thing in the area and clearly people living in such a civilization didn't have access to the ability to hunt, so it was more or less regulated to something people did during religious ceremonies and what not.

>>38048186
This is misinformation. The AVERAGE person lived to be around that age, and since complications in child birth was a huge thing, it sort of skews the data a whole lot.
>>
>>38047800

>Posts beef
>He doesn't know about chicken, fish, seafood, lamb, goat, buffalo, ostrich, elk, or moose meat.

I can say without a doubt that you're stupid.

Know what else is bad for the enviroment?

Agriculture.

That's right, faggot. Pesticides, chemicals, sprays, run-off, clearcutting and destroying habitat so you can have more soybeans. Vegetarians are too stupid to grasp that.
>>
>>38047800
Oh fuck that pic looks delicious pham
>>
>he thinks anyone that's been browsing here before the summer will care if they'd die or not.

Lurk more faggot.
>>
>>38048164
fucking inspired me
>>
>>38047800
Doesn't everyone on this board want to die anyway?
>>
>>38047800
>protein to get stronger
>people instantly consider you a pussy and a subhuman if you're a vegan/vegetarian, especially as a male
>tastes delicious and robots do anything their energy will allow them to feel some kind of pleasure
>>
File: 1416448113530.png (161KB, 490x394px) Image search: [Google]
1416448113530.png
161KB, 490x394px
>Dude eat healthy so you can live to be a shriveled, 90 year old prune

Healthfags are obnoxious scum
>>
Is smoking less bad than eating meat? of course i men in moderation (like 3 cigarettes a day)
>>
>>38048424
even my grandpa that ate meat and had a bullet stuck in his neck died at like 85
>>
>>38048291
This is inconclusive and disingenuous. Sure, it may have been a contributing factor, but you seem to imply that it is the one and only factor, or even that it was the biggest factor, and I disagree with this. There's an interesting hypothesis about how our need to detect snakes played a huge role in the development of our brain, and I think you would be interested to check that out. There's also the theory that fire played the biggest role in this brain size seeing as we are the only species that utilized fire in such a way and this is what separates us from, for instance, the felids which are primarily carnivorous. If your theory were true, other species of animals would have undergone a similar increase in brain size.

>>38048340
This is ignorant as fuck. Not all agricultural practices are unsustainable. Ever hear about "organic" or "non-GMO"? That's what that means. Hell, that also applies to meat production as well.
>>
>>38047800
I love the taste of meat, but for environmental purposes I only have meat on the weekend. That's 70% decrease from someone who eats meat every day. If everyone in the West reduced their meat intake accordingly (and the rest of the world were only allowed to increase their meat intake to a similar amount), the environmental benefits would be immense.

It'll never happen, and I'd never advocate for forcing peoples' diets, but I'll do my part nonetheless.
>>
>>38048455

Living past 50 is a mistake 2bh
>>
>>38048455
also he was an alcoholic
>>
Tasty innit?
>>
>>38048464

>Enviromental benefits

explain what benefits you think this brings.
>>
>>38048472
did he smoke

i love hearing of people who smoke and live along time

liberal anti-tobacco agenda is gay
>>
>>38048373
Yes. Saw something about french fries shortening your life span and I went to Five Guys an hour later.
>>
>>38047800

I'm soon to be going on a plant\fish based diet. Excessive meat consumption is incredibly bad for your health.

I'm sure I'll go back to eating smaller portions of it at some point, but for now I just want to clear my self of it for the next few months.
>>
>>38048495

My great grandma lived to be 97. She smoked a pack a day from the time she was 12 until the day she died. She wasn't even killed by lung cancer or anything else like that, she went peacefully in her sleep and was never in a wheelchair or senile. She didn't drink a lot (wine every once in awhile) and wasn't overweight but she did eat lots of red meat.
>>
>>38048340
Meat is a calorie sink which means it is necessarily worse for the environment than vegetarian agriculture.
>Chickens and pigs convert grain into meat at rates of two or three to one (ie, it takes 2kg of feed to produce 1kg of chicken). The ratio for lamb is between four and over six to one and that for beef starts at five to one and goes as high as 20 to one. -Smithsonian Magazine
>>
File: 1434039609325.jpg (18KB, 250x232px) Image search: [Google]
1434039609325.jpg
18KB, 250x232px
>robots desperately hopping from one lifestyle change to the next in a desperate gamble to stop being so fucking pathetic
>none of them ever succeed
Keep running in that hamster wheel robots, I'm sure you'll get there eventually.
>>
>>38048463

>Ever hear about "organic" or "non-GMO"?

yeah. In little hipster farms. and for people who can afford to pay a little extra.

I'm not ignorant, I know farming well, within my area alone 3 species have went nearly extinct. It doesn't matter what kind of pretty bow you put on it, or what methods you use, farming causes damage too.

Vegetarians are deluded.
>>
Why would I want to live to old age? Just so I can be both totally alone AND too decrepit to enjoy anything fun?
>>
>>38048464
You should explore local farms and try to find cows raised using sustainable practices. They're more common than you think. Actually, you should attempt to find local food suppliers in general.

Meat or no meat, one of the most important parts of a healthy diet most people ignore is simply whether or not it's local.
>>
>>38048291
A reason that is no longer important. Food isn't scarce to 99% of the people using this website, so the caloric density advantages of meat don't matter.
>>
>>38047800
eat shit jew!
>>
>>38048543

That's a narrow view of ways to produce meat.

There's alot of things that don't need to be grain fed.
>>
>>38047800
I don't eat meat, you are correct
>>
>>38047800
Just don't eat a pound of meat like a retard
Everything in moderation
>>
>>38048558
I've worked on two different organic farms that have both managed to bring in large markets. Then again, I do live in one of the most forgiving hardiness zones in the planet, but these things are doable, and I think things can only improve from here. And that's entirely without government subsidies.

Even then, it's not all that much extra, and it's entirely worth it.

>vegetarians are deluded
Stop mindlessly insulting others. It makes you look insecure and weak.
>>
>>38047881
>he thinks every vegetable isn't a complete protein
Hahahaha
>>
>>38048618
I have a better idea
why not just practice an ounce of self control and not eat animals at all
>>
>>38048683
But I like getting protein from meat.
>>
>>38047970
>uses an appeal to nature fallacy
>doesn't even use science to back his position
>says not believing in his emotional argument is stupid
>posts cartoon reaction pictures
>>
>>38047800
>cholesterol will build up in your arteries
thats if you eat a ton of it all the time
>high blood pressure
again eat a ton
>increased risk of diabetes
again eat a ton
>1000 other reasons
???

meat is good for you. And natural to the human body. Humans are both plant and meat eaters. We have stomachs and a digestive system that is designed to eat virtually anything and it all benefits us.
>>
>>38048186
>Well my ancestors lived to be 30 so surely I can eat red meat every day without long-term health consequences

and had no relation with eating meat
>>
Eating unlimited meat in any shape or form and vegetables is the best way to live. Carbs are the no 1 reason for almost any diet-related illness.
>>
>>38047800
I honestly don't care. If it relied on morality, I already decided to do the most moral thing I could; refuse to have children. I have no desire to live long, and will probably kill myself before I turn 30 so fuck off
>>
>>38048186
that statistic is distorted by the infant mortality you fucking moron

people that lived past like 3 lived til 90-100
>>
File: comparative-anatomy.jpg (142KB, 805x676px) Image search: [Google]
comparative-anatomy.jpg
142KB, 805x676px
>>38048816
>i-if I say it's only if you eat it a lot with no proof then I'm instantly right

>meat is good for you
HAHAHHAA

>Humans are both plant and meat eaters
Pic related
>>
>>38049046
>People who lived 2000 years ago lived longer than we do today anon!

>>38048949
>Have salivary amylase in our mouth purely for digesting carbs
>BUT CARBS ARE BAD FOR YOU
Hahahahha what time zone is awake right now? There are so many dumb cunts saying dumb cunt things. Last night's thread was much better
>>
cholesterol increase is due to excess carbs not dietary cholesterol

you need dietary cholesterol for brain function and testosterone production
>>
>>38049072
humans can exist and thrive 100% without a source of carbs

I did a keto diet where I was eating about 10 grams of carbs for 6 months and was the healthiest and most mentally sharp I've ever been
>>
>>38049054
Many of the information is bias. Like the teeth, we have teeth that can devour any food, especially meat. We have incisors for tearing, etc. God created men, and he created us to rule over animals and women and to develop language and to work together like ants. The human flesh is adaptable, we were made in his image. We weren't designed in a way that is suitable for survival like animals because he intended us to live forever and have all our needs met without much work(the garden of Eaden). All flesh can adapt, and is flexible. God we he designed of our flesh thought of everything we would encounter on Earth. That is why our bodies are superior to any animal and is the image of God.
>>
>>38049079
I've never someone try and claim this. Your body makes all the cholesterol it needs

>>38049116
>b-but the keto meme
You literally put your body into a setting where it thought it was perpetually starving and is analogous to unmanaged diabetics going into ketoacidosis and dying. You're literally retarded.

>>38049147
>God created men
;)
>>
>>38049166
>Your body makes all the cholesterol it needs

Oh ok. I thought I was talking to a person with an IQ above 80

enjoy that delusion with an extra dose of insulin sensitivity
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>38049166
>;)
Yes, an intellectual being made out of light who is not made out of matter made human kind. God is light/energy just like his angels and when they manifests themselves into this world they appear like white light. Like many of the white bright lights you see in the sky, a body of energy that can pass through matter and not be affected by gravity. Who can also survive and travel in high speeds in space because if they were matter simply going the speed of light would cause their atoms to break apart.
>>
>>38049147
>we have incisors for tearing, etc.

We really don't. It's clear by how blunt and short they are that humans were herbivores who made a small adaption to be able to eat meat that has been removed from its hide and cut into pieces.

You're welcome to go try to bite through some deer hide, though.
>>
>>38049166
do you realize you're aspousing basically fake science that was propagated by cereal lobbyists in the 80s?

next thing you'll be telling me margarine is healthier than butter

I'd like to see your body. Bet you're a complete effeminate cuck with a test level of a 90 year old man
>>
>>38049072
>carbs are good fr you because the human body is made to eat them
>but meat is bad for you even though the body is made to eat them
>>
>>38049262
don't bother. he's clearly been indoctrinated and can't think critically about his own information
>>
>>38047800
Because the only good alternative that won't feminize me is extremely expensive. When I get a better job, maybe I'll consider it.
>>
>>38049196
https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hbc
>Your body makes all the cholesterol it needs.
What's it like to be a smug cunt but be so hilariously wrong? Kill yourself

>>38049254
>science was created by big cereal in the 80s!!!
Okay
>with a test level of a 90 year old man
pic related
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2374537/pdf/83-6691152a.pdf
Study related. Vegans have higher test, same available androgens

>>38049262
Explain how the body is made to eat meat when we can't digest it fast enough to stop it fermenting in the DI, the cholesterol found in animal products unquestionably leads to artherosclerosis (which only herbivores or car/omnivores with a damaged thyroid can get, regardless of how it's induced) and has been linked to the formation of several cancers

>>38049282
The irony. You've been so indoctrinated into eating meat because it's a normie activity that you react emotionally to any suggestion that it's bad for you. You just shut down and don't even want to here it
>>
>>38048683
I have a better idea
why not just practice an ounce of self control and not be a whiny little faggot for once?
>>
>>38047800
>tastes good
>death comes sooner
why tf would i not eat it
>>
>>38049450
So if you taste good I should be allowed to kill and eat you because you death will come sooner. lmfao
>>
they'll make advancements that add on decades of years to your life with simple procedures/supplements.

if you're a faggot and enjoy min maxing for near-trivial gains then go be a faggot, just try to see that it doesnt make you better in any way. you are just living out your purpose in being a faggot, and others shall be let to live theirs. namaste.
>>
>>38049381
what is with the deleted files in all these threads?
it's making me wonder what the janitors don't want us to see
>>
>>38049463
>lions eat meat
why is it ok for lions to eat meat if it hurts another animal
>>
>"why aren't you off meat"
>posts the most delicious image I've seen in weeks
Good God anon why am I wasting my taste buds on this well balanced meal?
>meat will literally kill you for yourself
I'm considering an all meat diet for a while.
>>
Do you guys remember when that vegetarian posted a study where she thought it was showing vegans as smart but actually it showed that people who considered themselves vegetarian despite eating white meats and fish were smarter and vegans were literally losing IQ as they aged.

It was amazing fun.
>>
File: test.jpg (174KB, 1440x676px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
174KB, 1440x676px
>>38049478
It was this. I accidentally deleted it.
>>
File: lion-cartoon.jpg (101KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
lion-cartoon.jpg
101KB, 960x960px
>>38049487
BUT LIONS THO
>>
File: but im a lion tho.jpg (194KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
but im a lion tho.jpg
194KB, 1280x1280px
>>38049487
WHAT DO YOU MEAN LIONS ARE OBLIGATE CARNIVORES AND I'M NOT
>>
File: no but seriously im a lion tho.jpg (240KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
no but seriously im a lion tho.jpg
240KB, 1280x1280px
>>38049487
I COMPARE MYSELF TO A LION BECAUSE CLEARLY, WE ARE BASICALLY THE SAME AND APPLYING THE SAME RULES TO EACH OF US IS WHOLLY APPROPRIATE

lmfao you are the dumbest cunt. always love seeing some sperg bring up lions
>>
>>38049626
>>38049618
>>38049640
fuck off faggot, the blood is the best part
>>
File: Dumb cunts play dumb cunt games.jpg (298KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dumb cunts play dumb cunt games.jpg
298KB, 1280x1280px
>>38049648
So why don't you just hunt your own with your advanced predator anatomy and physiology and eat it raw straight from the animal with those ripping teeth of yours.
>>
>>38049681
>implying I haven't eaten something this way
again, you are 300% gay
>>
>>38049681
>>38049640
>>38049626
>>38049618
you can't seriously be this retarded can you?
>>
>>38049681
but where is it morally wrong for us to eat meat because i don't see it lmao
>>
>>38049695
I asked why you don't always do it. Now why you once LARPed like a faggot in the woods.

>>38049702
>everything I don't like is retarded

>>38049711
Because it's unnecessary lmao
>>
>>38049720
>So why don't you just hunt your own with your advanced predator anatomy and physiology and eat it raw straight from the animal with those ripping teeth of yours.
I don't see anything that says always.
God, you're so retarded. I'm just about to regex filter vegan threads so that I can just ignore you being stupid.
>>
>>38049702
Vegans usually are
>>
>>38047800
>posting about health on a board full of angsty teens who are convinced they are suicidal.

k.
>>
>tfw made tons of what I think are great arguments throughout the thread
>tfw no responses
>tfw everyone is just arguing with the vegan guy with petty pictures

Why do I expect much from this board. You all just want the low hanging arguments.
>>
>>38049720
so is this whole earth, we're just a rock right? nothing matters, nothing is necessary, living isn't necessary. why did you try to change my it's not necessary
>>
>>38049768
I didn't read the thread anon. But I'll reply if you show me which they are :)
>>
>>38049681

Excuse me but that's very carniphobic of you to tell us we can't identify as carnivores
>>
>>38049769
*my opinion
>>
>>38049735
>he lacks basic reading comprehension and logic
It says why don't you do it. Not why don't you do it once. Or why don't you try it. Fucking ESLs I swear.

>>38049769
I have no idea what this ESL is saying either.
>>
>>38049768
I don't know what arguments you make. But I'm not interested in arguing with vegans anymore. There's a few arguments considering the sentience of creatures we could have but they're pretty over and done with.

Animals are very yummy though. As are some veggies. So I eat what I please since the two can't philosophically be distinguished.
>>
>>38049779

>>38048337
>>38048463
>>38048582
>>38048644
>>38049238

I-I just want to debate and have my views challenged.
>>
>>38049824
Did you honestly just try to say that plants and animals can't be philosophically distinguished? Are you that dumb? lmfao
>>
>>38049824
>one moves a bit more and has doughey eyes

Argument bested kid. Moving on to the next bigot.
>>
>>38049808
You have a severe lack of protein that is an extreme detriment to your reading comprehension if you think I'm ESL.
I recommend meat, lentilbrain.
>>
>>38049841
Do it then.
>>38049844
Not correct. We're talking about sentience here.
>>
>>38049808
literally says it's morally wrong because it's not necessary, but neither is anything else we do, trying to change my opinion isnt necessary so why do it? there's nothing morally wrong with humans eating meat
>>
>>38049830
Your views were challenged when you went vegan. Why do you think they can be re-challenged to change your mind?

>>38049848
>muh protein
You know all plants have complete proteins right? Of course you don't.
>I recommend
Literally nobody cares what you recommend.

>>38049860
Do what? Explain why you think they're philosophically indistinguishable.

>>38049874
Eating is necessary to survive. Meat has nothing you can't get elsewhere but has a laundry list of unhealthy components. It requires you to end the life of another sentient being. Plants aren't sentient. Eat plants instead of animals.

>there's nothing morally wrong with humans eating meat
You're made of meat. Can I eat you morally?
>>
>>38049898
>Literally nobody cares what you recommend.
You're fucking nobody.
I'm glad you care.
>You know all plants have complete proteins right?
Sure thing, 4chan
>>
>>38049874
Not that guy, but I disagree. What you forget is the process of how that meat is obtained. Hunting and farming are two completely different things. Sure, morality is subjective, but as far as my morals go, humans should have the chance to get away. Most meat consumed come from animals bred to be dumb and forced to live a short, miserable existence so you can receive a debatable increase in nutrition and a small increase in personal enjoyment which I fail to see is worth it.
>>
>>38049926
>morality is subjective
Morality is objectively objective. Everyone agrees murder without justification is wrong. That is objective morality. Stop this shit.

> so you can receive a debatable increase in nutrition
This isn't true. Meat is nothing but a nutrition sink. Stop pandering to these retards
>>
>>38049898
>when you went vegan
I didn't though. I'm not even a full blown vegetarian. I'm just picky of my food sources and as such tend towards defending vegan lifestyles because it gets me off feeling special.
>>
>>38049898
you're a complete narcissistic idiot

do you go out in the wild and petition that Lion stop eating Zebras?

Humans developed a huge pre frontal cortex due to the increase in energy and vitamins that meat provided

most of the fruits and vegetables you eat literally didn't exist until a few thousand years ago
>>
>>38049951
>confusing morality with ethics
>>
File: 1445471032631.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1445471032631.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>38049951
you can't actually be this stupid. You just can't
>>
>>38049898
>do what?
Anon a likeness has to be proven where the likeness can't be observed (in layman's terms). In fact. We can't know that other humans are sentient. It's an assumption we make for good reasons. The best argument moral-vegans have for protecting animals in a similar way is to extend it to animals arbitrarily. There's no motivation here. The same way you can't distinguish between animals and man in this matter you can't distinguish plant and animal.
So the burden of proof is on you if you wish to argue this. If we don't it's left to arbitration. Currently established liberal (as in the non-American version of the word) standards state that we get to choose ourselves. (but these could be argued about too)
>all plants have complete protein
Not all plants but generally yes there's some amount of protein. Not all of that we can properly digest and see gain from though. It's why vegans opt for beans as a substitute for meat a lot of the time because it's so difficult to obtain. Keeping a vegan diet while getting all you need can be difficult. But I find it's common for people in general to not do that. I suspect it's why vegans discover they feel better sometimes after going vegan. Because they care about their diet suddenly. Which is good.
>>
>>38048337
Hmm. I think that the fact that as a species we would make a kill and feast on it for a day could average out to the amount of meat which we currently eat (I'm going off what my plate looks like each day) Which is a decent amount at most meals. Whereas, yes, in what I can only describe as uncivilised times (too tired to come up with the word), we would kill and finish it in a day, the amount of meat that is would be digested over the next few days, averaging it out.

I'm very sorry if I'm not doing a good job anon. I am very tired and a little depressed from an argument.

>>38048463

Can't say I have a reason to argue here. If it were the sole/main/even a huge factor in brain size then we'd all be being ruled over by sentient tigers.

Anon, GMOs are sustainable. They produce more food for less effort in most cases.

>>38048582

Again, I can't disagree. I live in farmlands and mostly eat local sheep :^)

>>38048644

Eh. The large markets you brought in were soccer moms, hippies and hipsters. I personally believe in GMOs. Why would you say the extra dollar for the less produce is worth it, anon?

>>38049238

Here I disagree. We were omnivores, same as chimps. And still are. Obviously we don't have incisors that large but that's because our entire skull has had to evolve with our body to make the transition from quad to bipedal.

>>38049830

Hope it wasn't entirely terrible. I already gave you my excuse *emoticon of some design*
>>
>>38049951
Alright. That's it. You're an insufferable faggot and you deserve all the hate you get as a vegan.

I agree meat consumption should be limited and overall all our agricultural practices from veggies to animals should be done with sustainability in mind, and they certainly can be, and I have actively played in a role in doing just that, but the arguments for nutritional purposes are few and in-between, and I think a meat eater, a vegetarian, and a vegan and all the grey areas in between all have the potential to be healthy.

My personal choices of not eating meat do not make me better than others. Stop being an egotistical faggot.
>>
a case against veganism is so easy

drop them into the wilderness and see how long they survive without meat
>>
>>38050022
>We can't know that other humans are sentient
le solipsism

>>38049970
There is no confusion. It is both unethical and immoral.

>>38049993
>when your only argument is OMG UR SO DUM xD

>>38050060
>I think
Nobody cares what you think idiot. Go read some studies

>>38050071
Eating meat to survive in such a scenario is still veganism. Don't make an argument from ignorance and claim to be correct.
>>
>>38049147

>God created men, and he created us to rule over animals and women and to develop language and to work together like ants

The Bible says that God SPECIFICALLY and EXPLICITLY prescribed a vegan diet for Adam and Eve.
>>
>>38050098
>we can't know humans are sentient
Not exactly what I said but close enough. Some just aren't as capable as others and we have to accept that.
But if you think you can prove it go ahead.
>>
>>38047800
God said that all creatures of this Earth are under Man's domain. If I choose to eat an animal, it is my God-given right.
If there are too many rabbits choking my garden, I am given authority by Heaven to take back the energy that I worked for.
>>
File: ddddddddd.png (8KB, 367x211px) Image search: [Google]
ddddddddd.png
8KB, 367x211px
>>38050098
Explain to me how eating meat is veganism.
>>
>>38048766
>implying appeal to nature is actually fallacious
>>
>>38050130
It's exactly what you said you fucking moron. It's a direct quote from your post.

>>38050137
Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.

Dictionaries are merely descriptive, not prescriptive. A majority of vegans use the definition I've just supplied.
>>
>>38050125
Not that person but
Well I don't know the original language but virtually every translation treat the small subset of vegetables like fruits the same as the fish, birds and the rest.
I don't care about this.
Religious people do tend to be extremely sloppy with interpretation of their texts. It's like they don't really care about them.
>>
>>38050213
>direct quote
Ah I see. I misread, it's 5am. Carry on. I'm a bit surprised you bothered to reply with my own reply though, adding nothing to the conversation.
>>
>>38050242
I'm not interested in arguing about solipsism.
>>
>>38050260
It's not though. What empirical evidence do you have of others sentience?
See. It's already not. With a simple question. And I even proved it to you in my post.

But you've proven yourself both kinda dumb and a vegan. So I double don't wanna argue at you.
>>
>>38047800
This is a meme from the sugar industry. They made bullshit studies in the 60s and it stuck. Meat is great for you and builds strong conservative character
>>
>>38050357
Bait lasted until the last 3 words
>>
>>38049524
This desu. Why do vegans have to tempt me and argue against it at the same time. It's as if a priest brought me a girl willing to have extramarital sex and keep telling me how bad it is. Kinda hot desu. It's like cucking God himself.
>>
>>38050053
Wow, anon. This was one of the nicest things someone on this site has done for me in a while. I'm sorry you feel down. You seem like a cool person and you seem to deserve to feel better.

As far as GMOs go, I have had arguments advocating for them many times amongst coworkers out of mere interest. I definitely think there may be potential there. The main issue I imagine is that it is simply hard to trust in large corporations like Monsanto to have good intentions. As long as the practices are sustainable, the fertilizers and pesticides used are not harmful for the environment, and proper crop rotations are used to keep soil healthy, I bet they could be utilized with proper intentions.

>The large markets you brought in were soccer moms, hippies and hipsters.
They weren't, though. You'd be surprised. I live in an odd area.

Oddly enough, I have been doing a bit of research regarding tool uses. The line of argument I want to go for is that because humans incisors are so relatively blunt and short and require stone tools in order to properly eat meat, it would follow that humans would have had to have gone through a long period of time of being herbivores before tools were used, but my shallow research has proven inconclusive seeing as how it seems evidence of tool use predates our earliest human fossils. Interesting, though.
>>
>>38050225

I think you're thinking of the way the word 'meat' sometimes simply means food in the bible? That's true, but it's mostly limited to the NT, and has nothing to do with Genesis.

God in this passage is very specifically prescribing a vegan diet not just for Adam and Eve, but it's suggested for all animals. God also later gives permission to Noah to eat meat, directly after the blood. At the same time God promises the animals that an accounting of blood will take place.

God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth." 29Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"
>>
>>38050435
Quote it. Link it.
Most of the stuff people talk about is gen 1:29.
Gen 1:30 is more extensive though. And note. It has to be read in context of 1:28 which already gave man full dominion over every animal of sky sea and land.

Again, religious people don't give a shit. So many variations on translation. It'd never be let into the IEEE standards or any reputable standards committee.

You have plenty of legacy laws though.

Regardless of what you think. It's not cut and dry. I'm sure you can pick a translation that says what you want though.
Just remember that's what IS does too.
>inb4 Godwins law
It's a very apt point right now. Imo.
>>
>>38050429

An odd area you do. I can't imagine any area where the majority market for organic farms would not be those categories of people. But maybe it's because I live in retardtopia and they are all retarded and don't care enough to research it.

I never trust big companies either. The workers are usually good people but the people who make decisions are the ones who are only interested in profit. Usually short term profit, seeing as the longest term profit I can think of is to farm GMOs in a sustainable way. Weird.

I think inconclusive is a way of saying it disagrees with your hypothesis ;)
>>
>>38050540
>>38050435
I know my bible and I know the translations. My religion is real because I was ordained by God to understand it. Unbelievers cannot interpret it correctly because you have to have the holy spirit and wisdom that he gives to your mind. And if you read the entire bible u will be able to understand it and put everything in context.

Genesis 9:3
>>
>>38050540
>>38050435
genesis 9:3: Every moving thing that liveth shall be for food for you; as the green herb have I given you all.
>>
>>38050621
>you can't actually understand it because you don't believe
Oh great so you're telling me you're the final judge on this? How about you go consult a priest?
>>38050641
You couldn't find something less vague?
Do you consider later passages to hold more strength than former? Especially that bit that's explicitly a retelling and not word for word God?

Very odd system if you do.
>>
>>38050213
>yeah I see the definition, but it's not MY definition

Well, chalk this one up boys, we have another dumbass faggot on our hands
>>
>>38050675
>You couldn't find something less vague?
That is pretty clear. This verse refers to humankind. After they got off the Ark. God said that all animals shall be food you for, everything. And if you read into it more, he said I will put the dread of you on animals(so animals would not bother humans just like they rarely bother us today because they are scared). He also promised to remember his covenant of never to again flood the earth and the rainbow is a sign of him remembering that promise to humankind.

This passage does hold more strength because many things became nulled and changed after adam and eve sin. This verse refers to the current humanity, we all descended from these people in the Ark.
>>
>>38050621
>I know the translations
What a silly thing to say. That'd mean you're an agnostic/atheist university educated Bible expert. Which you say you're not. Silly.
>>
>>38050723
That is literally what you're doing. I'm saying the best definition would come from the vegan society itself which, you know, would have a better understanding of what it itself stands for than some autistic virgin on the internet.
>>
Desu I call this thread a win for the meat eaters. These vegans look completely bloodied by this struggle. Vegan arguments devolving into name calling and posting silly comics. People having to question their religions.
>>
>>38050798
>the definition from the dictionary is from some autist on the internet

>>>/trash/

You are off your board.
>>
>>38050870
why doesn't that board show up with all the other boards?
>>
>>38050870
>>38050798
This is funny. I pulled the definition and I'm an aspie vigin on the internet.

Thank fuck I don't care about vegans' opinions.
>>
If I wanted to live to 100 I'd be exercising.
>>
>>38050870
It is YOUR definition because it's the definition you've chosen to represent the meaning of the word. It doesn't mean you wrote it you dumb autistic cunt lmfao

>>38050846
There was a bigger and better debate last night. This thread is full of retards who think carbs raise cholesterol for some reason and make appeal to nature fallacies. What's the point of arguing with literal mongs?

>>38050905
>This is what veganism means
>No, it's not. Vegans have defined veganism this way and any arguments to the contrary are irrelevant because nobody who practices veganism is following it
>REEEEEEEEEEE I DONT CARE FUCK YOU
;)
>>
>>38050932
I'd devolve to strawmen too but I don't want to.

I can see this thread is only full of shitlords, memers and idiots, so I'm out.

>Daily reminder that you're either a god-tier troll or that everyone hates you and you need to start following mass opinions if you ever want to be accepted by anyone who isn't your own mother.

>But I'm chad hur.

No you're not and if you are get off my board.
>>
>>38049054
Again, no need for super fangs and claws because humans have intelligence that allows us to create and use things like forks and knives to tear meat apart and stoves to cook it
>humans cant digest cellulose
sure buddy 100% herbivores
>>
File: 1456792809814.png (767KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456792809814.png
767KB, 1920x1080px
>forcibly grew up on almost a no meat diet and nothing but carbs and veggies
>shitty health,teeth and the whole nine yards including obesity.
>when I finally moved out and got a job started eating meat daily
>Which included 10 eggs a day, chicken or red meat every 2 days or so with veggis
>health and weight loss doing a complete 180 on my overall health

I sooner see ever vegan/vegetarian die before I stop eating meat. You guys ruined my body for over 19 years.
>>
All in all, it's okay if you are a vegan. It's not a big deal but please don't lie to convert people to your life style. There are some benefits of being a vegan, namely your body will be able to focus on healing itself and other processes of your body because it is eating food that is more easily digestable with less energy. But anyone can experience this with a short water fast or being a vegan or a short amount of time. Long term no really good benefits. But humans were designed to eat both meat and plants.

/thread
>>
>>38051023
I have a girlfriend and friends. So yeah, thanks for the shit advice and the random accusation of strawmanning.

>>38051026
>Again, no need for super fangs and claws because humans have intelligence that allows us to create and use things like forks and knives to tear meat apart and stoves to cook it
So you admit for the vast majority of human existence we have been herbivorous? Didn't you try this stupid argument last night? Then you tried saying cooking meat is why our brains grew so I linked you a peer-reviewed scientific argument proving otherwise and you stopped responding? That was you wasn't it?
>humans cant digest cellulose
>sure buddy 100% herbivores
And why is digesting cellulose necessary again? Cows can't do it without a particular bacteria either.

>>38051046
>including obesity
>his post even mentions he's so ignorant that he couldn't figure out why he was fat
And why should anyone listen to the idiot who can't put the food down? You and your family ruined it by eating like shit and being dumb, same thing most carnie families do too but it's seen as "normal"
>>
>>38051046
If you can find a way to be obese on a vegan diet you have to be one of the dumbest mother fuckers on the planet
>>
>>38051130
Being raised vegetarian produces obese kids. I see it all the time.
>>
>>38051130
This

>>38051139
>muh anecdotes are fact
You haven't seen shit fatboy
>>
>>38051139
>Being raised vegetarian produces obese kids. I see it all the time.
I was raised vegetarian
I am not obese

???

obesity is simply a function of caloric intake vs outake, you can lose weight on a diet of fucking snickers and Twinkies
>>
>>38051164
>I'm a single counter example
Wow great good thing that mystery is solved.
>>
>>38051203
>unironically complaining that someones anecdote doesn't beat your anecdote
hang yourself fatboy
>>
>>38051149
>not fat, not veggie

Outplayer, fucker :^)

My anecdotes are the best bet I have as fact because anything online I see is not proven. Can't be proven.

>>38051164
>>38051223
Haha. Didn't even have to write it myself. I like this thread.
>>
>>38051223
Wwwooooops, your comment was so stupid I thought you aimed it at yourself. Yeah but if you could just take what you said and pretend I said it to you that'd be great.
>>
File: 1457133085642.png (153KB, 776x716px) Image search: [Google]
1457133085642.png
153KB, 776x716px
>>38051104
>>38051130

It's pretty easy DESU. But hey, who's laughing now since I'm now not obese and can LMAO2PL8 bench press. Have a healthier heart than you guys despite eating meat.

Vegetarians and Vegans are scum of the Earth.

I'm glad you guys will never be taken seriously.
>>
>>38051099
>your body because it is eating food that is more easily digestable with less energy
the fuck son, that is the exact opposite of the truth
>>
File: Gazpacho's bizarre adventure.png (490KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Gazpacho's bizarre adventure.png
490KB, 720x576px
>>38047800
I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
>>
>>38051396
>Have a healthier heart than you guys despite eating meat
You don't but keep telling yourself that.
>>
>Not wanting to eat tasty meat instead of vegetables
I'm not a fucking cow sir
>>
>>38047800
i dont care what you say about meat

i will enjoy it and enjoy not having to live to an age of true suffering
>>
>>38051595
>age of true suffering
lmfao you guys just don't get it. you don't live longer despite problems on a vegan diet, you just live longer and better without problems. they get 10 years of normal life you don't
Thread posts: 165
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.