[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /HEMA/ here? I'm thinking of signing up in two or so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: hema.gif (15KB, 520x380px) Image search: [Google]
hema.gif
15KB, 520x380px
Who /HEMA/ here? I'm thinking of signing up in two or so days. I'm pretty fat but I'm hoping I can lose some weight there as long as develop some dexterity, meet some cool people and read some sick historical texts.
>>
I've been practicing for about two years now. My advice is try to lose weight first, but don't freak out over it; it's a mad workout. Don't bother buying fancy shit like some fencer faggot, it's not a big deal and doesn't really affect anything. It's rad though so I defiitely recommend it
>>
>>38046550
I've tried to lose weight before through exercise but I never fixed my diet so I never did serious, sustainable improvements. What am I going to do at the start? What are the kinds of people that frequent this type of sport?
Are there qts?
>>
Met my current gf here, and she's pretty qt, but I'd say the proportion of qts to tough manladies is low. In terms of what you're gonna do to start, I honestly have no idea, since every gym is totally different. For me, it was drills, then straight into sparring
>>
>>38046009
You won't lose weight unless you drastically change your diet. Drastically is the key word here.
Maybe you can try to RP and eat like medieval knights did, though.
>>
>>38046734
I'd like to at least expand my friend circle with some people who like history because I can really only talk to one person that shares that hobby with me.

I was expecting an ambience of 20-year-old history nerds and older people, I would be surprised to see women there at all.

>>38046768
Yeah, I know but it's surprisingly much harder to get proper eating habits than to exercise.
Since I'm not good at judging nutritional values and quantities, I'm thinking of just not eating things outside of main meals and see where that takes me.
>>
>>38046768
Medieval knights died from being crushed by their friends when they fell over, and they often had weak bones due to vitamin D & K deficiencies. As well as this, due to their weakened immune systems from their relatively poor diet (by today's standard, I mean) they'd often die of infections from very small cuts that most people now could fight off
>>
>>38046793
You'll definitely find a lot of historian-types there. And i'd imagine some girls will be there, i've noticed a lot more women at my gym recently
>>
>>38046795
I did say RP...
>>38046793
Yeah I know, I'm slightly overweight and have tried without much motivation. The first step is dropping chips, hamburgers etc. The second is decreasing carb intake as much as you can without suffering. The third step is accepting this as part of your life forever (hardest desu).
>>
>>38046795
What about musculature? Would warfare and standard knight life ensure they were fit?

>>38046814
Will they make fun of me for being a hobby historian STEM lord? ;_;

>>38046844
The thing is food and drink is a tooI use to overcome boredness since it gives me at least some sensorial stimulus. I think there's lots in my life I have to change and food intake is just a bit of it.
>>
File: 35249828491_25542f5a3_o.jpg (411KB, 1347x1615px) Image search: [Google]
35249828491_25542f5a3_o.jpg
411KB, 1347x1615px
Been doing it for a few years now.

Hope to get top100 on hema ratings this year
(http://hemaratings.com/Periods/Details/?ratingsetid=1)
>>
>>38046900
>ood and drink is a tooI use to overcome boredness
I fucking feel you man. I do other stuff instead. We can try one step at a time.
I think you can do HEMA but you'll have to be ready to tire faster.
>>
>>38047008
Let's do it, anon.
I'm fairly well-built, I think I'd look great if I wasn't so overweight.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.