[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your age and job >29 >Janitorial duties at a large McDonald's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 57

File: 1495190878337.jpg (67KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1495190878337.jpg
67KB, 720x715px
Your age and job
>29
>Janitorial duties at a large McDonald's

Fucking kill me
>>
>21
>guest services manager at a hotel
Shit feels good desu
>>
>24
>server at a restaurant
I have a degree god damn it.
>>
>22
>Sports masseuse

I get to help masculine guys relieve stress desu :3
>>
>28
>Marketing coordinator
>>
35, Sales Manager
>>
>25
>beer merchandiser
Going to watch the solar eclipse and kill myself. It's practically perfect. Every day is hundreds and hundreds of anxiety-filled moments of me sperging out. I wasn't made for this country. I missed the boat to do anything remotely enjoyable with my life and I'll be dead before I spend the next half century as a loser loner scowling wageslave.
>>
>24
>warehouse
Sometimes I think that I am literally in hell and died around 2 years ago
>>
>25
>NEET

i hate it, plz kill me
>>
>18
>professional moocher of parents and slave to my dieing grandmother
>>
>22
>McDicks wagie
>CSO at a university police department
The only reason I haven't quit the former for the latter is because I barely get any shifts right now.
>>
File: 1403721444878.png (243KB, 454x569px) Image search: [Google]
1403721444878.png
243KB, 454x569px
>27
>Detective in the worst borough in my city.
>Still here

Saving grace is it makes people interpret your robot nature differently.
>>
>28
>third year medical resident
>>
>25
>data entry

I am close to suicide. Not much left.
>>
>>38045537
This post made me laugh.

Please, please never change /r9k/
>>
>19
>engraver

its nice. i work at a trophy shop and my boss is an uber-generous mormon
>>
>26
>NEET

My parents hate me and so do I
>>
>>38045027

.>21
>receiving unemployment benefits
>in process of winning my NEETbux

I'm literally set for life. Just have to act like a complete retard in front of a administrative law judge and I get free money to buy computer parts, vidya, a RealDoll finally with all the back payment I receive.

Tell me, why haven't you applied for neetbux yet r9k?
>>
>>38045027
>26
>kindling
>>
>>38045205
What a glorified title for a receptionist
>>
File: 1498291214420.jpg (114KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1498291214420.jpg
114KB, 640x619px
>23
>cashier at walmart

This wasn't original.
>>
File: 1494384563425.jpg (139KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
1494384563425.jpg
139KB, 600x404px
>24
>lab technician

I fuck around with dead people. Meh
>>
>>38045027
>25
>swindling
>>
>>38045955
>Detective
You're basically working my dream job, how hard is it to get on with a department as a robot?
>>
>>38045027
>27
>welder

wish i could go back to my neet days between 16 and 23
>>
>>38045027
Unemployed w/ a STEM degree
>>
>>38045027
>27
>NEET pretending to be in university
>>
Im 32 and ive been working my first and only job since i was 23.
>gorcery bagger/cart collector

I stay on my feet so it keeps me fit and ive saved up my vacations so that i can take 3 months off.
Im going to buy 2 pounds of weed and some DMT and drive my car around the state staying motels banging hookers
>>
>>38046161
What degree? I struggled with my bio sci for a long time
>>
File: 1463115983695.jpg (69KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463115983695.jpg
69KB, 900x900px
>>38045027
>22
>college student

ass
>>
Nothing right now. I was working retail though. I'm trying to find something that will involve me selling cellphones and making commission of sales.
>>
>>38046006
gtfo normieshit fuck you
>>
>29
>Police Officer
I feel pretty dead inside.
>>
>>38046326
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jOqOlETcRU

You enjoy arresting dindus?
>>
>>38045027
33 NEET

I want an under the table job with flexible hours but I don't know how to get one.
>>
>21
>Nothing
Parents threatened to kick me out the other day. Its all ogre guys.
>>
>>38046326
Is that like 35k per year?
>>
>27
>psych nurse

Seriously i get punched like once a month it blows
>>
>>38046372
>>38046390
UK, so it's 25k gbp/year. Don't know how that works out American.

Black/white doesn't really matter. Everyone wants to act like children if they're given half a chance.
>>
>>38046450

HAHAHA

UK police are fucking pussies. vid is what your department are aren't they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n9BM3cio7o
>>
>>38046450
lmao Met starts at 28k maxing out at what, 42+ excluding overtime.

Stop being a county mounty, join a real force.
>>
>>38046443
Do you have to clean up when they make poo poo pee pee?
>>
>>38046326
Get the fuck out pig
>>
25, Machinist. Still learning everything, but it's a chill job.
>>
>>38046477
Psych nurse not real nurse so no
>>
File: The true story of pol.jpg (121KB, 844x476px) Image search: [Google]
The true story of pol.jpg
121KB, 844x476px
>>38046463
t. /pol/ posters who needs to go back.

The reality is the UK has one of the highest rates of violent crime in europe, one of the highest prison populations, and an unarmed police force. Most officers are willing and capable in a roll around, even if this doesn't match up to the handful of cherry picked anecdotes you got from reddit..com
>>
>24
>billing department for large water company

It's not bad. I sit on my butt tapping on a keyboard most of time. Very minimal customer interaction too but occasionally have to deal with shitty ones. Surrounded by qts.
>>
>>38046547

FUKKEN KEEK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejJOF1-H4cg
Like this video right? Completely demonstrates the abilities of an UK police officer.
>>
>>38045027
Subcontractor

I make incredible money but summer sucks because I burn outside.
>>
File: images (20).jpg (15KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
images (20).jpg
15KB, 471x312px
>>38046593
Hey /pol/ dude the uk pig owned you, just go away with some dignity lol
>>
30, software engineer and former NEET
>>
>>38046623

How did he own me?
>>
>>38045027
Work in a kitchen
Been doing jobs like this since forever and I fucking loathe them, it's a good thing everyone dicks around at my work
I dream of a comfy desk job where I can sit on my phone and play with a fidget spinner or some other gay shit for 8 hours and collect my fucking paycheck. I'm tired of my back hurting and being tired all the time. I'll take boredom over this shit any day
>>
>21
>engineering student
Two more years until comfy transition to the "my earnings can now buy any weebshit I want" life
>>
>>38046623
>someone doesnt agree with you
>hes a pol poster
What the fuck happened to this place.
>>
>>38046593

This video perfectly shows the incompetence of the police force in the UK. You see at the beginning of this video the police officer is walking IN FRONT of the unrestrained suspect. this is a huge no no, the police officers are ill-trained as they frequently raise their voice at the suspect. This accomplishes nothing when on the streets. When the officer was performing the body search, the officer was almost asking permission in a very passive way. In this case permission isn't necessary and the officer should of TOLD the suspect they were going to be searched
>>
Normie reporting in
>22
>Marketer
>>
>>38046661
nu/pol/ happened
>tfw remember when saying nigger used to get people redirecting you to /b/
fuck /pol/
>>
>29
>i was putting files in order i guess i'll be answering phones

got a job from the state as i'm recovering from a car accident. the place i worked at isn't hiring they are firing some people.
>>
>>38045027
>24 going on 25 in two weeks
>actor and contractor
Lot of down time, but I'm no longer breaking my back and mind with 50+ hour work week between a day and night job while getting drunk or high on my off time.
>>
>>38045027

>23
>IT intern

Kill me. I would have thought 5 years that by 23 I'd have an actual job with a decent apartment.
>>
>>38046684
I think the main issues is that UK police aren't used to living in a nigger filled shithole like Americans cops are. Its why american cops are hardened and know how to properly handle extremely dangerous situations even if they are occasionally excessive. UK police are going to have to wake up to the new reality that their country is going the route of America and police will have to be much better trained to handle very danger situations.
>>
>>38046713
I'm majoring in poli sci at a little know state uni. Can't I at least find something in the public sector if not at the federal level surely something at the state or local level?? I could work in a benefits department or something.
>>
>>38046761

UK cops = pussies
American cops - badasses
>>
>>38046684
A single youtube video hardly points to a trend senpai. Entering the fighting arc certainly isn't best practice, but the rest is a judgement call.

Some situations call for different levels of rapport building, phrasing something as a request is sometimes more effective then an order even if the reality is that there consent or not is irrelevant.

That's one of the biggest issues with american policing, the alpha male bullshit they drill into everyone because if it all goes pete tong you can pull out a shooter.

Along with some of your straight up retarded practices. Lie detectors? Good cop/bad cop. fucking hell, don't even get me started on your inability to investigate anything more complex then a shoplifting.
>>
>24
>got a job as an engineering technologist today
>offer taken back after I quit my job because of background check
>So unemployed

Sweet, fuck my life.
>>
>21
>regional manager of 15 wal-marts

I really strive to keep my Wal-Marts presentable, but you know, niggers will always steal hamburger meat and leave the store with it.
>>
>>38046818

Its symbolic. Sure both cops do have their incompetent officers. Though I am confident in believe UK cops are much more incompetent and ill trainer than american cops.
How the fuck do american cops have an inability to investigate to serious crimes? The FBI is one of the most recognized and respected law enforcement agencies in the world.
>>
>>38046800
Pissing yourself and shooting a twelve year old black kid doesn't make your cops badass anons, fighting multiple terrorists with a metal stick does.
>>
>>38046789
Maybe if you aren't white and male.

I applied for many jobs like that at both the state and federal level and never got a call back. I was worried my resume wasn't formatted right (state and federal jobs require a special format) and got career center help. Still never heard back from a single person.

I followed up a few of the applications and one time this lady responsible for an office I hap sent an application got all mad at me because I had used a number posted on a government jobs board. She started yelling at me that the number shouldn't have been released. lol.
>>
>>38046267
Microbiology & Biotechnology
>>
>>38046842
LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE.

unoriginal
>>
>>38046861
Based off what? It's the exact reverse.

And your reliance on centralised agencies effectively entirely divorced from standard law enforcement speaks to your inability to develop top tier investigators internally. Of course contributing factors to that (dealing with different states), but that doesn't stop the fact that your rank and file are weak at providing intelligence for multiple reasons (inability to identify relevance, lack of actual community policing, over reliance on CHIS attached to specific officers leading to silos).

Your different charging standards also make it much easier to prosecute, which generally leads to worse investigators.
>>
>>38046837
what was in the background check?
>>
>22
>Grocery Store Shelf Stocker

It's great, my coworkers are all fellow weirdos because they work at night, 2/6 of them even browse 4chan, but make fun of me for going on /r9k/
>>
>18
>connecting controlers to their electronic motors, fixing remotes for garage doors and other generic shit
>>
>>38046868
Well shit. I'm still going for it. Public sector work seems very comfy and having a bachelor's in anything is still much better than having none at all.
>>
>>38046248
How the fuck can you take three months off? How the fuck is this possible?
>>
>25 years old
>gas station assistant manager

i get paid $12 an hour to do literally everything
100% busting ass start to finish
fucking 60 hours a week
>>
>>38045027
>23
>tutor at local college
It's pretty comfy, but I'm effectively unemployed until the Fall quarter starts up and I wish I could get more hours.
>>
>>38046248
crazyperson
>>
19 - Computer programmer in a startup inside my university.
>>
>>38047144
suicidal yet xD???
>>
Worked at a call center until my girlfriend convinced me to quit and then broke up with me for not having a job
>>
>>38046971

Couple speeding tickets and a restraining order violation. I know I'm retarded, but holy shit, why do I have to suffer my whole life just because of one bitch?
>>
>23
>worthless NEET
>>
>>38047169
What languages? I'm 19 as well and got 5 languages under my belt.
>>
>26
>worked an office job from 22 - 25
>depressed erryday
>resigned back in February
>been living in my car since
>have a tent so have slept outside in the warmer weather
>considering burning my car and just setting up a bunch of tents inside one another with some sort of padding between them
>have started dumpster diving
>have started eating free food and juice from a local church
>feel 80% more relaxed and happy than I did before
>hoping this feeling doesn't wear off but don't really care
>currently sitting in a college library posting on one of the computers somebody left logged in

Sorry for the blogpost but this thread brought back bad memories of my wagecucking days. Consciousness was a mistake.
>>
>>38047189
Where do you live? Why did she encourage you to quit?

That sounds bleak as fuck my nigga. But then again I'm a virgin working in data entry.
>>
>>38045027
>29
>construction worker

It's rough but it keeps me in okay shape and the pay is good enough. The only bad part of my job is dealing with lazy coloreds.

Seriously though, they're lazy as shit.
>>
>>38047189
>lol falling for the shit test

"Hey baby why don't you just quit your job for me?"

"OH OKAY SURE ILL DO IT BECAUSE YOU ASKED"

Moron.
>>
>>38045027
>28
>warehouse
There's no escape. Got a degree and can't get a job anywhere else.
>>
>>38047190
Time to tell us more about this restraining order violation, anon.

>>38047201
People will believe you more if you say you know two pretty good and can half-ass three with documentation. Nobody is going to buy the notion that a 19 year old knows the ins and outs of the STLs, common platforms and APIs of five languages by heart.
>>
>>38046248
This is the fucking dream right here
>>
>>38047190
Honestly you shouldn't, especially since it was nonviolent, right? You just crossed a line and that's it right?

I got arrested and this police blotter entry documenting my arrest is still up on some site even though the charge against me was rejected, and the site doesn't even post police blotters anymore. My arrest was also expunged and that was my only arrest ever. There's like this partially deleted part of the site that still pops up when you do a google search though. I've thought about contacting the site staff/admin because I feel like it might be costing me some jobs.
>>
>24
>Industrial/Commercial electrician (aka inside wireman)
>>
>>38045027
>27
>just got a summer/fall job as a wildland firefighter
>only 16/hr

pretty sure actual firefighters make double this, or more.
>>
>>38047257
>25
>Warehouse/Factory

Agreed with the rest of what you said. Tfw the only not lazy
>>
>>38047240
>That sounds bleak as fuck my nigga.
It gets worse. We were supposed to move in together so I broke my lease then she got cold feet leaving me unemployed and essentially homeless, only for her to decide to go back and try to get with her ex.
>>38047273
>"Hey baby why don't you just quit your job for me?"
You clearly have never worked a call center. I didn't quit for her, I quit because we both worked there and agreed it fucking sucked. I just assumed she was going to have my back while I busted my ass finding a new job, which she obviously didn't.
>>
>>38047278
Degree in what field?

Also the game is entirely rigged my man.

Where I work 90% or more of the people I work with are privately educated and found this job and ones like it due to family or class connections. I absolutely support anybody who decides to be NEET in 2017.
>>
>>38047297
lol you should sue them you stupid fuck

clearly you have an easy case on your hands

>>38047300
Enjoy pulling them wires. I did that shit through attics in my early 20s. Rough work.
>>
>>38047300
Damn bro me too. You Local 6 union.
>>
>>38047324
Inside wireman is a whole different thing from running Romex in homes.
>>
>>38047325
What's up man, what kind of work you been getting in to? I saw that San Jose was getting a shit load of work on the travel boards.

>>38047324
It's rough but it pays well
>>
>>38047324
Sue who for what?

You can't sue the police for making arrests that don't lead to convictions.
>>
>31
>Unemployed

Have been looking for a job for far too long
>>
File: 1498170618528.jpg (6KB, 201x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498170618528.jpg
6KB, 201x240px
>37
>Head chef at Wendy's

It feels good to not be a pathetic NEET.
>>
>>38047308
Which region? Is this a comfy job? I saw a youtube video where some numale got to live in a tiny cabin on a mountain watching out for fires. Looked comfy as heck.

>>38047316
Does she still work there?

Where do you live?

I find the call centre meme really interesting from an outsider's perspective. What are the people there like? Mostly deadbeats, failures, losers etc? Young / old?

I briefly dated a girl in February 2014 and her best friend worked in a call centre and hooked up with her co-worker and gave him a rimjob after their first date. She said everyone there has ess ee ex with one another.
>>
>>38045027
>Death Investigator
>26

It's okay, I guess. I have a dream job for some people here.
>>
>>38047317
Where do you work or what sort of jobs do these people do? What industry?
>>
>>38047355
For a web site hosting information about you that relates to something you were wrongly charged with that is still damaging your life.

Suing them is a great way to get them to take that shit down even if you don't get compensation. Like I said, you stupid fuck.
>>
>22, almost 23
>groundskeeper for the county school system
Shits alright, I don't have to deal with people a lot. I just mow grass and put my headphones on while I get a nice tan. I'm planning to go to community college, probably next year though
>>
File: 1475491640505.png (840KB, 1176x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475491640505.png
840KB, 1176x1000px
>>38045955
How much time does it take to become a detective?

>27
>Proofreader and Editor.
>>
>>38047353
My company mainly does remodeling/modernization for schools around the Bay Area. Every summer is super busy.
>>
>>38047370
A lot of people hook up there, but it's mostly just vape faggots and 20-somethings looking for extra dosh to spend on beer and drugs for when they're not going to their college classes
>>
22 and a slave to the money laundering scheme known as "college" and the government
>>
>>38047399
You do understand lawsuits cost money?

The kind of money I dont have or want to spend.

You're pretty stupid yourself. You do realize the newspaper could then write a story that they are being sued, explain why, and then never have to retract that story.
>>
>>38047427
Nice to hear you're keeping busy, I've been on hospital work for the last 3 years. Looks like it'll be a lot longer from what I hear about the upcoming plans they have.
>>
>25
>Google SWE

Still ain't seen moot
>>
>28
>Want to become a teacher
>Have no fucking clue how to even start
>Feel like I'm too old already to do anything with my life anyway
I know I'm not that old, but I feel like by today's standards of living I might as well just kill myself because I've accomplished nothing in the last ten years.
>>
>>38047476
US GUIDE
>get a BA or BS
>get a teaching credential
>start subbing and then apply for jobs
>>
File: bam.jpg (18KB, 313x305px) Image search: [Google]
bam.jpg
18KB, 313x305px

Janitor at state capitol building.
[Spoiler]I actually like it[/Spoiler]
>>
File: 1498151647204.jpg (66KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1498151647204.jpg
66KB, 543x549px
>20
>Hardware store night stocker

I'm tired all the time
>>
File: 1345421440009.png (19KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1345421440009.png
19KB, 100x100px
>>38045449
what does this job entail? sounds kinda neat, even if it's a wagie job.
>>38045955
that's pretty fucking sweet
>>38046016
sounds cool
>>38046120
goth as fuck. i hope you're goth
>>38046157
not the greatest job in the world, but you can travel anywhere and find work. nice.
>>38046248
my man
>>38046326
thought about this. in my city they start at like 45k/year in dollars
>>38046443
kek
>>38046526
another smart tradesman. not the greatest jobs, but you'll never struggle finding work
>>38046753
lol dude why go for an internship? can't you just get a helpdesk job somewhere? I thought thats where everyone starts in IT
>>38047222
interesting choice of direction. let us know how things work out for you, maybe i'll join you one day.
>>
>>38047297

It wasn't violent, she actually assaulte me several times, but the judge said I was lying and threw the book at me. I'm fine with the jail time, the money I lost, the time I lost, all of that, I know I fucked up by not trying harder to get her away from me sooner, but just how long is this going to follow me? I'm not even a felon, and no one got hurt. Why the fuck wouldn't you hire me based on 1 non-work related charge? At fucking least don't have me leave my fucking job when you just turn around and fuck my life up.

Fucking hr fuck fuck fuck,
>>
>>38047468
How is this? My ideal goal is to be in your position after i graduate. What languages do you use mostly? How much experience (internships) did you have before applying at google? How was the interview? Id really appriciate a response if you have time.
>>
>>38047540
Yeah, I've done quite a few things, including some other trades. But machinist has been the neatest. I like the blue print and programming stuff. Plus where I work it is mostly plastic we work with. When I'm not learning I just do my shit and listen to podcasts.
>>
>>38047556
>1 non-work related charge?
they have equally qualified candidates with no criminal background

why would they hire you?
>>
File: 1490564507014.jpg (102KB, 789x665px) Image search: [Google]
1490564507014.jpg
102KB, 789x665px
>>38047222

what state do you do this in robot? I am just curious , is it too hot sometimes or too cold?
>>
>>38047556
It is pretty terrible. This information shouldn't be released to every employer for every job. I understand background checks if you are working with kids or an accountant or something, but there's no reason you should be denied an engineering technologist because you violated a restraining order.
>>
>>38047387
It's just a basic office cuck job which involves data entry and helping clients use our software. I don't earn all that much money tbqh, since I'm just an anonymous drone who flies under the radar. It's in the general finance industry so some people pretty much get hired for having an upper-class accent etc. I only communicate via email, which makes things tolerable enough most of the time,

Honestly working in this kind of environment, and learning all about the lifestyles of people who have attended schools which cost ~$45,000 per year, makes me feel real bad for the robots ITT and others like it who have to make it all on their own. I come from a single parent family and grew up in a shitty area, so it's sort of a fluke how I ended up working here. A couple of years ago I was real naive about this kind of world though. These people grow up together, attend the right colleges together, date each other, work alongside each other, breed with each other, and establish networks with each other that are often used to help their spawn get to where they want to be. A lot of long hours are involved inevitably, but so many people simply get by because they're relatively intelligent and have the right "character" to suck up to fellow upper class folk. I've overheard a bunch of people """ironically""" mocking poor people, mocking poor areas and cities, expressing sincere astonishment that other people are literally forced to attend welfare offices / job centres to claim social welfare payments while searching for work, etc. Meanwhile some robot from a broken home in South Dakota attends some shitty school where his confidence plummets to zero, scrapes enough money together to study some degree in some obscure college, suffers mental issues probably, ends up in debt and back home working some shit-tier minimum wage job alongside high school kids and old folk who can't afford to retire wondering where the fuck he went wrong in his life to fail this badly.
>>
>>38047399
What were you charged with homie?
>>
>>38045027

>28
>database administrator

this comment is unoriginally original
>>
>>38047370
Pacific Northwest for my firefighting job. I don't know what it's like yet, training starts Moday
>>
>>38047619

Because I literally put that I had the charge on my application, and my start date was fucking monday.
>>
23, waiter for baseball games. They take literally anyone, expect almost no work out of you, provide free food (including food you can take home since they just throw it all away anyways) and pay $25-$40/hr depending on seniority and how hard you work. Really the best job imaginable for someone paying their way through uni.
>>
File: lvl 40 i got a mount.png (74KB, 194x157px) Image search: [Google]
lvl 40 i got a mount.png
74KB, 194x157px
There is absolutely nothing shameful about any type of honest job.
>>
>>38047668
Once upon a time a bunch of my dumbass friends as a kid beat up another retard while I was out of town. When the cops started to question it all my asshole friends who beat the crap out of some new kid gave them my name.

All of a sudden a few days after getting back from out of town with mom the cops arrest me for it. Once I proved I was out of town at the time the charges were instantly dropped but a local paper that has an online front published a school photo of me with the story.

I eventually paid $500 to a scumbag lawyer to harass them a bit and they took it down out of fear I had a real attorney with teeth.
>>
>>38045027
>19
>currently in vocational school
>>
>26
>Nurse

Lifes good
>>
File: 1483072687598.jpg (167KB, 850x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1483072687598.jpg
167KB, 850x1189px
>>38047193
You're not worthless anon, don't say those things.
>>
>>38046528
Yeah but what about when they bronze up? I worked with a few guys who would cover themselves and the walls with shit at the first sign of trouble.

They were killers not your average mentally ill person.
>>
>>38047561

I had 2 summer internships some place and got an interview senior year. I bombed and didn't get it lmao. Tried again after a year and a half (worked at the place I interned at full time) and got in.

You should apply for an internship at Google if you have another summer. I never did that, wish I did. Intern interview is way easier and interns make good money.

Just read Steve yegges thing honestly

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/03/get-that-job-at-google.html?m=1

For full time interviews you have one or two phone screens and then they fly you out for a full day round if interviews. It's like 5 45 minute interviews, all programming questions. No bullshit abstract questions you used to read about. Honestly if your resume gets pulled and you get contacted the recruiter will explain all this to you, no surprises.

I don't know what Google looks for in a resume though since I'm a swe and not a recruiter. Good luck!
>>
>>38046837

Andrew?
mutebloxx
>>
>>38046069
Whatever yo, $16 an hour with no education outside of high school is pretty good in my opinion
>>
File: 1498660613233.png (6KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1498660613233.png
6KB, 645x773px
>22
>gas station clerk

Pretty easy stuff. Honestly half my shifts are spent browsing this site from my phone and eating chicken tenders

>>38046248
It took you 10 years to save up 3 months of vacation time ?
>>
>>38047778
Post more of those pictures, anon. That one got me kind of hot. Don't hold out on us.
>>
File: 1480683418497.jpg (126KB, 850x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1480683418497.jpg
126KB, 850x1062px
>>38047891
What kind of pictures?
>>
>19
>first job
>server at a four star restaurant

man, I love being kawaii :3c
>>
>>38047635
Ohio.

Weather is fine at the moment. I enjoy the rain and hate warm weather. If it gets too hot in summer I'll probably head north. There's a whole weird subculture of people living outside society, it's weird. A ton of orphans or foster kids, some foreign people, some schizophrenic types.

I met a homeless veteran who was an auto engineer in the military. He spent a whole two days removing tons of shit from my car and then cleaning and replacing it. I took him for a meal at Red Lobster and paid for everything (I have some savings from wagecucking so long) and he ended up crying at the table while we were eating. Caused a big scene and people thought he was on drugs or something. His wife left him and ran off with his kid who has some sort of mental disability and he doesn't know where they are. It's fucking rough as hell sometimes.

You meet a whole demographic of people you'd never even (or I previously didn't) realize existed until you're forced to become one of them. A lot of petty crooks and people who would skin you for ten dollars but also a lot of just broken people. Often no older than 21 but just broken through drugs or lack of motive or whatever. It's way easier to just exist on a semi-primitive level of consciousness I guess when the pain gets too much. Met a homeless black girl who was like 16 and carried this giant book of Yu Gi Oh cards around in her backpack. Played all the time. I feel like a fraud since I have a vehicle but it's old as shit anyway,
>>
>>38047561
>>38047829

Bit more on those interviews: they're all 1 on 1 including phone screens. Just with some rando that works there. Could be a new person (6 months) or a very senior person. No panel interviews. They give you lunch in the middle of the day. Get paired off with another employee who didn't interview you, and they don't write feedback so no pressure at lunch.

Only time there's more then you and the interviewer in the room is when someone is doing the interview training and they're just there to observe.

Then you go home and good knows when you hear back. Google's entire hiring process is notoriously slow in the tech industry. Facebook and Amazon are way faster. I wouldn't want to work for them though. Facebook is a one trick pony (perks are better than Google if you give a shit) and amazon is just a horrible place to work at I hear.
>>
>>38047760
That's rough man. I hope it doesn't hold you back too much in the future.
>>
>>38047880

figure the average person gets like 2 weeks of vacation time a year, the math still seems off. Poor fucker.

Not to mention just....driving around. The most boring fucking activity to do by yourself. Double downer.
>>
>>38047655
I know some of those feels. Especially the part about

>a bunch of people """ironically""" mocking poor people.

I did some work for the local GOP in California, and one of this one guy in party leadership made a lot of distasteful comments about some people that were hired and even some supporters.

Like making fun of canvassers for being former carnies, and making some awful comments about the appearance of some biker dude (biker dude had owned a successful small business in the area for years and was trying to help us).

I really hate political correctness and hysteria about the need to be sensitive, but this guy would just make lots of awful comments about people we needed on our side and people we were working for. It was even more pathetic because this guy was a gay republican without a WASPy last name trying to act like the country club set or whatever. How a fucking phony RINO got so far in leadership is what really pisses me off.

Where are you from by the way? I can pull off the WASPy vibe. Where does it pay off?
>>
Army, combat engineer
>>
>>38047999
Driving around isn't that bad. Its my go to activity for when I'm bored. I just hope he spares his future self decades of should crushing monotony and offs himself at the end of his trip. Working a full decade to have 1/4th of a year to yourself if the definition of wagecuckery.
>>
>30
>Senior Underwriter

Pros are a corner office and interesting work. Cons are my coworkers are retarded and go through the financials of hundreds of guys who are mostly self made multimillionaires makes me want to slit my wrists
>>
>>38048040
New York. I only live here because I failed to find work in my hometown after college and had a sister who lived here.

I'm also pretty good at pulling off the WASPy thing. A bunch of people have always assumed I'm rich or like upper class or something, I guess it's because I'm quiet and neat. The thing is I like the fact that these sort of people value organisation, high-brow culture and so on. It's just that it's obviously the case whereby some arrogant, unintelligent, obnoxious person from a working class environment would only ever end up working some shit-tier job and spend their lives in near-poverty, but if those same personality traits in someone from a wealthy and well-connected background allow them to be perceived as confident, assertive and so on or won't hinder their chances at success even if most people hate them.

I know what you mean about political correctness. At this point I just look after myself and practice detachment from life as much as possible. It's not healthy I suppose but competing in the normie meat market isn't something I feel inclined to do.
>>
>>38048052
4chan is an 18+ website.

If you are 14, in future just don't say that or post I'm "18" instead.

Don't worry about a long-term career right now dude, especially if it's just welding. Try and score high grades and allow yourself to consider various potential jobs.
>>
>>38048190
>New York.

I was thinking that, or somewhere else in the North East just after I made my post. Sometimes I ask some pretty stupid questions.

>The thing is I like the fact that these sort of people value organisation, high-brow culture and so on

Same here. I remember reading some blog that sort of touched on this issue. The author felt middle class and blue collar Americans all over the country used to appreciate refined things, "high-brow" culture, etc. Now it's like limited to Asians and big city liberals. Some other blogger I read also touched on the issue and blamed it on "prole drift," a concept found in Paul Fussel's book Class. It's a book I want to read, but haven't checked out yet.

I went to private schools until I got to high school. Lots of those rich kids I used to go to school with are working for their Dad or in the same firm as their Dad. I'm not sure I'd trade my underemployed/NEET life for that. It would bother me to know that a large chunk of my success was based on my dad or his connections.
>>
File: everysinglemorning.jpg (83KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
everysinglemorning.jpg
83KB, 500x600px
>20
>soon to be 7th year of NEETdom

my pain is constant and sharp and i do not hope for a better world for anyone
>>
>26
>Aircraft fueler

Doesn't pay shit but I can do it with my eyes closed, not talk to anyone all day and lots of downtime to be on my phone browsing. Today I probably passed out for 20 mins.
>>
File: angrygaysounds.png (173KB, 308x326px) Image search: [Google]
angrygaysounds.png
173KB, 308x326px
>>38047943
You know what kind, jerk.
>>
>>38045027
>26
I work for a wholesale electrical distributor. I work as a product specialist and sales engineer for CCTV, access control, and other security products. It's not bad but I deal with a lot of jack asses.
>>
File: 1495903029552.jpg (250KB, 850x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1495903029552.jpg
250KB, 850x1189px
>>38048704
I don't understand what you're saying. Please specify.
>>
File: nicepostquote.jpg (91KB, 938x512px) Image search: [Google]
nicepostquote.jpg
91KB, 938x512px
>>38048655
>7th year

Did you not go to high school or something, anon? I didn't either but I got my GED and went on with life.

At least you're not 29 like me and have almost a whole decade to correct yourself and be in a better position than I am now. It's really not so bad to get up and get on with your life, you'll feel better when you do and you know that deep down.
>>
>manage junk mail for the biggest internet/cable company
>25 yo
>27/hr, 55k annual
>>
>>38048755
That sounds super rad. How does one get into that sort of job? I have a couple CompTIA certifications.
>>
Law Enforcement Dispatcher
>>
>>38048729

no we just sent in a letter that i was to be "homeschooled" but my state has no regulations on that so i never had to do anything ever again. technically my mom can just print off a diploma and sign it if i ever needed one (she gives zero shits about anything, i've just shitposted on here all day for the past 6 years), but i lack the will to get a job or go outside or do anything but passively consume media and junk food so i probably never will.
>>
>>38048844
You have to at least get your GED, anon. There are plenty of programs out there to help you do it if you feel unsure about doing it on your own.

At least you're honest about lacking the will. I was a NEET for 3 years until recently and that shit fucking blows when you look in the rear view mirror.

Going to at least a part-time job and being out working or just doing errands to be around other people really helps you feel better about yourself.
>>
>>38048768
It sounds like he works in marketing.

You'd probably need business classes, not tech classes.
>>
>>38046593
>>38046684
>>38046761
>>38046800
I don't see why you're making such a big fuss about that video, a drug dealer tried to escape twice and he was caught twice and arrested.
>>
>21
>Warehouse packing/fulfillment

>>38047144
Same except I get $12 for practically nothing but mindless work
>>
>>38048901

i really don't want one, it feels like accepting failure somehow, and honestly whenever i leave the house i just feel worse, i've never been able to connect with another person, i feel like i'm just an observer and i'd rather just do that from the comfort of my own room desu

some people just weren't made for this world
>>
File: 1471372591050.png (953KB, 544x715px) Image search: [Google]
1471372591050.png
953KB, 544x715px
Library assistant

was going to enter masters program to become a librarian as i had wanted to be one since I was young but working in a library is not what i had envisioned and i realized getting the masters would just be digging myself a deeper hole so I went back to school for computer science instead.

a-atleast I already have all the electives covered from my undergrad degree..
>>
> 18
> Nursing Home House Keeper

The odors and shit of half dead people nolonger phases me
>>
File: 1471945999242.jpg (480KB, 1199x675px) Image search: [Google]
1471945999242.jpg
480KB, 1199x675px
>>38045027
>22
>doing some temp shit at my parents business filling out forms and paperwork shit while I'm between jobs
>>
>>38046032
you followed uncle remus' guide?
>>
>>38045027
>21
>Head waiter at two restaurants (owned by the same people) and junior sales rep at a liquor wholesaler. Kinda like being a waiter better.
>>
File: peepee.png (163KB, 303x566px) Image search: [Google]
peepee.png
163KB, 303x566px
>27
>killing time with a comfy white collar office job until I get my seven figure inheritance from my grandparents, then I will be a NEET (might keep doing my job if they let me work from home full time because working from home days are basically semi-NEET)
Gotta say I'm pretty happy with my rolls for this play-through. It feels really good knowing I won't have to choose between wagecucking forever and starvation and knowing I will own a nice home one day.
>>
>>38049014
I have a full time career and I feel the exact same way as this post
>>
File: 2246aa5367534393d5abb50fa568a75a.jpg (557KB, 904x1200px) Image search: [Google]
2246aa5367534393d5abb50fa568a75a.jpg
557KB, 904x1200px
>>38045027
Junior developer at Google
>>
>25
>Quality Assurance at a food processing plant

Not bad. It can be rather stressful but the pay is bretty good
>>
File: tenor[1].gif (1MB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
tenor[1].gif
1MB, 498x498px
>>38045027
>24
>Baker. But not the Haute Cuisine one. Just the wagecuck from the industral production of bread.

It's alright. At least good things happen during commute.
>Getting off the bus.
>Bunch of people are leaving on the same stop.
>We make a line.
>A woman pushes onto me.
>Her right breast accidentaly touches my back.
>I can feel the supple mound of fat compressing through the fabric of her clothes and mine.
>Softly and slowly for that brief time.
>Faint rush of blood down my crotch.
>When i'm down from the bus i turn around to see this 30-something woman in a blue dress going off in the other direction, paying no care.
>Think about that during all my shift.
>Don't fap to the memory.
>Fall asleep with the sensation still in my back, knowing a woman touched me.
>Look out for her on the bus through the week.
>Daydream every bus ride.
>Forget about the thing some days later.
>>
File: 1143897423.png (22KB, 276x345px) Image search: [Google]
1143897423.png
22KB, 276x345px
>22
>night shift managing stock/shelves and computer records in the back of a hospital pharmacy, occasionally delivering things
>>
>>38045027
>25 years old
>pharmacist
>>
File: 1492497370227.png (419KB, 665x359px) Image search: [Google]
1492497370227.png
419KB, 665x359px
>>38045027
I literally feel your exact pain man
>29
>Custodian at theme park
>>
File: 1412623108198.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1412623108198.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
>>38045027
>21
>G.I.S Technician for my uni

It's pretty comfy. I basically work on a computer and barely have to talk to anyone.

>>38046120
>>38048755
>>38050106

These sound like awesome jobs.
>>
File: facesofhotler.jpg (59KB, 630x523px) Image search: [Google]
facesofhotler.jpg
59KB, 630x523px
>22
>neet

This here is my average day in my neet life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0BDCzBXBlo&t=21s
>>
>>38046443
give me nclex advice
>>
>30
>Tard Wrangler

Life is suffering. It used to be alright when it was just like taking downies to the park but now they've moved me onto tards with higher needs and it's shit.
>>
>21
>Bartender
I'm an alcoholic who has to prevent myself from drinking the alcohol around me.

Well, I have to try to prevent myself, anyway.
>>
>22
>swearing
>>
>22
>sales rep
It fucking blows but the pay is decent
>>
File: 1498630150787.jpg (223KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1498630150787.jpg
223KB, 900x675px
>>38045237
In what

Nigeorignal
>>
>26
>work at retailer and only get scheduled when trucks come in

cant even think of a worse job
>>
>>38046326
Oink onink you disgusting pig. Hope some nigger shoots you like you do to them
>>
>>38050448
>26
>brewer

I know the struggle. Only thing that keeps me from being on a bender all the time is the crazy hours I work.
>>
File: 1498208771957.jpg (224KB, 1383x1476px) Image search: [Google]
1498208771957.jpg
224KB, 1383x1476px
>26
>software engineer

I'm making more than both of my parents made at the peak of their career with just 3 years of work experience.
>>
>23
>Rural Letter Carrier (mailman)

comfiest job I've ever had and the pay is stupid good
>>
>>38052231
I am incredibly interested in this. I want to do this. Tell me more. How did you get this job?
>>
>>38045027
>19
>Full time student
It's hard to find work that fits with my schedule
>>
>17
>walmart stock overnighter
>>
>>38052279
This. Finally got transferred into my dream school for the fall and my parents are paying for my small studio apartment. I'm incredibly thankful but feel incredibly guilty about it all the time.
>>
>>38052264
Check out local government listings for open positions in the Post Office. I was hired on the spot post-interview for mine but if you get any job inside you will be selected over any new hires if you want to move to a carrier position. Also don't be discouraged if it looks like it's not going anywhere. It can take them weeks or months to finally call you in.
>>
>19
>sports good store

first and last time I work retail. I only tolerate it cause I'm not in the mood to get a new job and learn shit, meet people etc.
>>
>>38045027

>25
>multimedia content producer for a large state university

Basically take corporate photos and create promotional ads for the school. Not bad, everyone in the office is super nice, and I have my own work space.
>>
>>38047386
That sounds made up. Is it for an insurance company?
>>
File: 1479101537475.png (130KB, 232x198px) Image search: [Google]
1479101537475.png
130KB, 232x198px
>22
>have a fellowship at a prestigious uni that guarantees me about 60k a year just to go to school

Basically I do research, but my prof has been MIA recently, so I'm a NEET until the semester starts in a month :^)
>>
File: 1489885810182.jpg (511KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489885810182.jpg
511KB, 1280x720px
>21
>arcade wageslave

>family knows I hate my job
>put in my two weeks because I've had fucking enough of it
>family is upset with me
Everything I do is WRRRROOONNNGGGGGGGGGG
>>
File: 1472077944506.jpg (61KB, 434x370px) Image search: [Google]
1472077944506.jpg
61KB, 434x370px
>>38053134
>uni
>guarantees me about 60k a year
>he actually believes this
>>
>18
>concessions at an amusement park
$12 an hour + how easy it is to steal from the register without being caught results in me making about 150 on a slow day
>>
File: 1495588018853.jpg (23KB, 617x617px) Image search: [Google]
1495588018853.jpg
23KB, 617x617px
>>38048826
My mom and uncle wanted me to get into this, but after looking into it, I feel like I wouldn't be comfortable doing it and would fuck up constantly. Is it okay? Simple / """fun"""?
>>
File: 1454832558527.jpg (118KB, 450x429px) Image search: [Google]
1454832558527.jpg
118KB, 450x429px
>>38053332
I study Astrodynamics at one of the top universities in the world, and I already get paid. I graduated from one of the best as well with an ubdergraduate degree in Aerospace eng. Is it so hard to believe? I expect at least 6 figures upon graduation, 60k is chump change.
>>
File: 1480227495145-b.jpg (38KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1480227495145-b.jpg
38KB, 600x450px
>>38053430
Fucking normie nerd
>>
>>38053430
>bragging on r9k
Don't do this to yourself lad
>>
File: IMG_4368.jpg (49KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4368.jpg
49KB, 480x720px
>>38053465
>>38053483
Im still a khv short dweeb with a small dick, i just think space is cool
>>
>>38053430
Are you a chink? This come t is very original
>>
>23
>iOS Developer
I'm making twice as much as everyone I know, feels good
>>
>>38053555
how long did it take to git gud
>>
>>38053555
How did you get the job? I'm a programmer and every job I see is looking for 4+ years of experience.
>>
>>38053567
Finished very good university, did personal projects for like 2 years in the meantime and worked for one company for half a year. Recently moved to another company and that boosted my salary
>>
>>38053536
No, most in the field are white (like myself). Many seek positions that require security clearances that aren't avaliable to foreigners and non citizens. That said, there are a good amount of chinese and indian internationals doing research here.
>>
>>38053596
see very originally
>>38053635
>>
>18
>storeman/loading dock at a wine cenrtre
>>
>>38045027
Wendy's

Could be worse I guess.
>>
>26
>neet
my parents love me and i love myself
>>
>23
>hotel matinace i hate it alot
>>
>21
>factory floor supervisor
Bretty good
>>
>>38045027
>30
>Unemployed

Unoriginal?! Kek
>>
>28
>Starbucks barista
>>
File: 1498529362997.jpg (251KB, 746x1328px) Image search: [Google]
1498529362997.jpg
251KB, 746x1328px
>>38045339
how you do this? i just graduated with a degree in marketing but with no experience, internships, or networking.
>>
>20
>janitor at a high-ranking office building
Even though I have the world's least respectable job, I love it. Free food/drinks everywhere, super relaxed environment, people don't bother you and you get to slack off for 2 hours a night. Of course the pay sucks and I'll never get promoted.
>>
how to greentext, anons ?
>25
forensic expert
yes, i work with the dead
>>
>>38045027
>39
>NEET

gonna kill myself very soon lads, I will make a thread when I have the balls
>>
>26
>mopping floors
>>
>>38045027
>25
>Legal adviser at a corporate finance firm
>>
File: 1497714887960.jpg (111KB, 1598x942px) Image search: [Google]
1497714887960.jpg
111KB, 1598x942px
>29
>system administrator and penetration tester

Get on my level you fucking brainlets
>>
>>38050175
never seen a male pharmacist
>>
>22
>Federal contractor, doing data entry for two projects
>Swim coach on Sundays
>GameStop whenever they need me

I'm applying to Epic Games as a Production Assistant, I really just want to leave my data entry job
>>
>>38045449
then do some research and go innawoods and be free and shit.

starve yourself while saving up money for a year and cut off ties with everyone
>>
File: 1484099482085.jpg (263KB, 764x551px) Image search: [Google]
1484099482085.jpg
263KB, 764x551px
>26
>owner/operator of small business

One employee. Semi-skilled physical work. Small amount of liaising with clients. Basically go on autopilot and listen to podcasts all day for ~$75/hr.
>>
>22
>neet
just end me famalam
>>
>>38045027
>24
>wagecuck at a supermarket

And i just got fired 2 hours ago. I was 3 months away from getting my assistant manager degree as well. now i have wasted 4 years of my life on this crap with nothing to show for it. Boss told me i should do something im passionate about and not work in retail anymore. Now im just sitting here wondering 'what now?'. I seriously have no fucking idea what to do. somehow this feels really liberating and on the other side it just reaffirms im an utter fucking failure of a human being.
>>
>21
>transcriptionist
I work from home and right now I'm typing out an interview with a Vietnam vet talking about dropping white phosphorous on gooks. feelsgoodman
>>
>20
>NEET, former bagger at kroger

it was hell and i dont wanna leave my bed, but i gotta get back to work soon
>>
>27
>janitor

No hope, no life, no future.
>>
File: 1495501940417.png (88KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1495501940417.png
88KB, 604x516px
>19
>government job

It's nice. I get a really comfy desk and a municipal car. I drive around the village a lot amd get to see all of the pretty stray cats. I have some pics of them too. Good meme desu.
>>
File: 1498354761995.png (257KB, 600x579px) Image search: [Google]
1498354761995.png
257KB, 600x579px
>18
>NEET
Lmao'ing at you wage slaves
>>
File: 123 - 9QQ8o9w.png (250KB, 373x442px) Image search: [Google]
123 - 9QQ8o9w.png
250KB, 373x442px
>24
>In police academy to become cop
Roasties will be swarming me once I work my way up to SWAT, I'm sure of it.
>>
File: 6578456250.jpg (44KB, 222x305px) Image search: [Google]
6578456250.jpg
44KB, 222x305px
>>38045027
>turn 22 in 2 weeks
>been neet for almost 3 years
>diagnosed sperg and addfag so can get even more neetbux if I ask for it

I honestly can't see myself getting a job
>>
>>38058811
Ha, what a fucking loser. I'm surprised your mom hasn't killed herself yet
>>
>>38045027

>27
>bank loan officer

Its not so bad. But I end up talking to tons of people.
>>
>25
>Quality Assurance Officer

I actually like my job, and the people I work with. With everything considered, this is one of the few things that worked out for me...
>>
>18
>cashier
I don't know what to do after this job, maybe I should stick with it or should I just give up a be a soldier? I was a cadet.
What should I do anons?
>>
>>38058872
I hope you get into it, but don't expect too much
>>
File: IMG_4858.jpg (60KB, 621x514px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4858.jpg
60KB, 621x514px
>23
>flat rate technician at a honda dealership

get to screw normies out of money all day
>>
>>38046032
How do I do it?

UK NEET here btw
>>
>>38058999
If I don't get to say "Breach, bang, and clear" on my first raid I'm quitting
>>
>>38045027
>tfw herniated disc, arthritis of the back and deformed foot which has lead to further back and neck problems
>tfw literal sperg who can't overcome mumbling when anxious (such as when I'm in a situation that requires social interaction) or sad resting face
>tfw jobs that require lifting, long amounts of walking or social interaction are out of reach
>tfw no degree so I can't get any other kind of job
>tfw can't go on NEETbux because of my libertarian principles

SO FUCK YOU NIGGER I WOULD KILL FOR YOUR JOB!
>>
>>38059041
kek
good onya
>>
>>38045027
>21
>gradecuck
>>
>>38045027
>19
>Part time work at a cafe.
Joining merchant navy next year
>>
>>38046248
This is straight out of a Clerks movie plot
>>
>25
>HVAC

I literally had no work today. The low has to be over 80F for work to get slammed and stay busy. And I live in Texas. This summer sucks. The colder it is, the less shekels I make.
>>
>>38059550
>he fell for the HVAC meme
>>
>>38055473
What's the pay like for being a penetration tester? I've been tempted but my CPA is almost done
>>
>>38045027
>25
>Computer operator at a warehouse. Pretty comfy, but I feel for people actually doing warehouse work here. Its basically slavery. Fuck my generation.
>>
>22
>part time subway worker
>uni student

lifes not too bad
>>
>29
>crushing and screening
>>
>>38046593
The end of the vid description:
>pats him down to make sure he wasnt bbc
What did they mean by this.
>>
>>38046646
Get out while you still can it only gets worse unless you git extremely gud
>>
Ironworker

Not really a fan of it but i havent liked any job ive had and probably never will. Thinking about killing myself desu. There's a void in me I can't seem to fill.
>>
File: Exlic000zy02.jpg (160KB, 819x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Exlic000zy02.jpg
160KB, 819x1280px
>23
>overnight retail manager
>make 12$ an hour and the work is very easy and quiet (2 people on shift and slow)
>was also in college but decided to not go back next semester because my degree was a meme and a waste of money
I'm in a fog right now where I just don't know what I'm going to do. I can't work this retail job forever, but I don't want to work shitty wageslave trades 7 days a week 10 hours a day either....I want to learn a comfy trade like programming where I don't have to work like a literal slave, but it's intimidating
>>
Consultant for Big 4.
70k usd/yr
Bout to get a raise
>>
> 23
> junior C# developer
>>
>>38045955
got any interesting stories? how did you become a detective?
>>
>>38055473
Reeoriginal mammhy
>>
22, systems administrator for local Primary care. Shit sucks.
>>
>26
>Service Desk Technician
>$45,000/year
I hate IT. I hate my company. I hate my industry. I just want to write but it won't pay the bills. I'm thinking of quitting and moving back home.
>>
File: 1495241333345.jpg (45KB, 816x568px) Image search: [Google]
1495241333345.jpg
45KB, 816x568px
>>38046450
>HE GETS PAID IN GOOD BOY POINTS!

Nigga, just be a NEET and use mummy's credit card for all the tendies you want. What are you, a fucking retard?
>>
File: 1926.jpg (78KB, 876x601px) Image search: [Google]
1926.jpg
78KB, 876x601px
>>38048655
I feel the same way, but I am only 18 almost 19 and i've been semi-neet meaning I was still going to school, but skipping like 90% of the time for the past 2 years because I going to
a normie school with genius level intelligence. IDK how you rate exams in your country, but I basically got 5.98/6.00 points on the final exam without a minute of studying. My parents want me to pursue college and become a wagecuck, I tried expaining to them that there is no point in me going to college for 4 years if I am just gonna end up killing myself over working for another faggot. Constantly having suicidal and homicidal thoughts past year. How do you keep yourself from ending your NEET life?
>>
>>38059235
How do you plan to join the merchant navy, did you collect your TWIC/STCW, or are you going to one of the schools?
>>
>>38045027
NEET for 6 months

have 1.8k left

spent 3k in the past year on weed, what a fucking waste of money, don't do this.

fuck my shit up
>>
21. Nurse at a psych hospital.
>>
>>38045027
r u an old nigger who cleans up mcdonalds doo doo?
Can't think of a much worse existence desu
>>
>>38063732
DUDE DANK W33D
LMFAO TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!111!!!1!1!1!1
>>
File: 1426545145613.png (1MB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1426545145613.png
1MB, 1280x1080px
>>38045027
>22
>IT Auditor
>>
>>38045027
About to apply for mcdonalds, do they drug test for certain positions? I'm thinking about matenence, last time I smoked Nigger drugs was 2 weeks ago and I need the money so I can save my car from going to the junk yard. Insight would be greatly appreciated
>>
>>38064457

hehehehehe

ty men
>>
File: IMG_0371.jpg (36KB, 498x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0371.jpg
36KB, 498x368px
>32
>Frito Lay Sales Rep

Stressful and hour intensive in summer but I gross 70k a year with bonuses. Mostly comfy otherwise.

Pic very related.
>>
>>38045311
i really really really want this job
>>
>>38058872
After doing .mil I want to do bomb squad stuff
If I don't get to yell "BULLDOZER BRINGING THE PAIN" while wearing the bomb suit I'll be mad
>>
>27
>prison guard
It's not super awful, being a leaf. Still stressful.
>>
>>38045027
>23
>Lugenpresse tabloid journalist

I'll be on the dole in five years but it doesn't matter because I'm too depressed to care
>>
>20
> Paediatric Nursing student, currently on a work placement at a neonatal intensive care unit
>>
>34
>towel archivist

shoot me now
>>
>>38065715
Any close calls with gangs?
>>
>>38066338
Help me get a job then. I got a degree! :^)
>>
>18
>waiter
still studying and work part-time
>>
>23
>fork shaper
>>
>18
>McDonald's cook
>>
>>38063730
Il do a nautical science degree and get in that way.
>>
>>38045027
>20
>Charley's on a military base
It's nice because the customers can't be rude due to the fact they're in uniform. The only thing I hate about it is that my feet are in constant pain the entire time. I don't know how wagecucks can do it.
>>
>25
>bartender at a job that only gives me one shift a week
>want to be youtube famous
>>
>20
>HVAC Helper

My boss is a dumb asshole and treats me like shit. I'm definitely not sticking with this job much longer. I don't even mind the work so much as I just can't stand him. Like today I was with my coworker and him and my boss basically just kept praising him like wow he's such good man and then he turns to me and is like you're a good...boy. I fantasize about the one time he tipped me 100 dollars at the end of the summer: I just wanted to rip it up and tell him to go fuck himself and his money but he's friends with my grandpap and I don't want paps thinking I'm a shithead.
>>
>>38045027
>23
>information security analyst

It's a pretty comfy, albeit boring job. I'm basically paid to sit in front of a computer all day and make sure nothing major happens.

At most I'll blacklist IP addresses and make some phone calls. A couple times I've done some forensics type stuff, but it was pretty lightweight, mainly just analyzing traffic or figuring out where the data was taken from.

Infosec is honestly pretty boring unless you're a researcher or engineer. Even the red team folks are mostly bound up with policy stuff and usually only spend a small amount of time actually doing any pentesting. At the place I work, the red team guys get to set their own hours though, so they can basically fuck around all day as long as their work gets done (and that's honestly what most of them do). The engineer probably has the coolest job though since he gets to fuck around with neat hardware and software, but he also gets tied up in political stuff as well.
>>
>>38067029
Post your fucken channel mate.
Or, shoot yourself with a book.
>>
>>38062257
I know that feel brother. Hope things improve.
>>
>33
>Self employed bookkeeper
I did a few years of boring as shit wagie stuff but at least I can now travel anywhere where internet speeds are respectable.

Would still swap it for a proper career in something interesting where maybe I meet people and have friends instead of posting on here.
>>
File: 1497287021744.jpg (21KB, 254x282px) Image search: [Google]
1497287021744.jpg
21KB, 254x282px
>>38067380
>Would still swap it for a proper career in something interesting where maybe I meet people and have friends instead of posting on here.
Why? Your setup is exactly what I dream of.
>>
>>38045027
>24
>CNC Operator
>>
File: 1484497207762.png (12KB, 508x497px) Image search: [Google]
1484497207762.png
12KB, 508x497px
>27
>Project Engineer
>>
>>38066597
So you work at a hotel?
>>
>>38067878
Yeah its ideal for me, no social anxiety, I work when I want.

I'd just feel like more of a proper person though if I was actually successful while not also unhappy.

I shouldn't moan it took a while to get myself set up like this. Only earning max $1500 a month so far though
>>
>>38045027
I inject polyurethane under concrete slabs to raise them level with other concrete slabs. Most of my job consists of sitting on a bucket. Decent pay considering how unqualified I am.
>>
>27
>Newly unemployed

Lost my job a few weeks ago. Had a comfy customer service gig that I fucked up and lost.
>>
>>38067258
It's not ready for launch yet, I'm making 5 episodes for launch. I'm studying SEO right now too.
>>
File: angle or yoru devil.jpg (43KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
angle or yoru devil.jpg
43KB, 640x407px
>>38045027
<18
>Work at my dads firm
>Make shit tier knives and such with friend and sell em to angry kids
>Sell paintings i do
Three jobs i should love in theory, but in practice i just want it all to end
>>
>>38066901

>tfw tried to do the engineering cadetship but in sea phase pajeet wouldn't sign my training record book and I got fired
>ruined my entire life
>>
>>38046659
Same, I'm a computer science student. Average starting salary around 55k-60k. I'll be making more money than most people at my age which feels good. But I'm going into real estate because i want to be in the six figures And eventually a millionaire before I hit 30...
>>
>>38068425

Should also add I now work at McDonald's and I feel physically sick before every shift as I hate it so much.

2 years ago I was on a business class flight from honk Kong now I'm dropping baskets of fries for 9 hours a day
>>
>32
>Accounts payable rep.

Hopefully transferring to an analyst position in a few months. I'm already doing the work for a few accounts anyway.
>>
Unemployed with an engineering degree.
It's been almost a year, i should really start searching for a job but i have literally 0 explanation for the gap in my resume (except "my granma died", but it was 6 months ago).
Guess i'll keep leeching off my parents.
>>
>19
>no job title
>i dig up truffles
>>
>25
>school grounds keeper

Thinking of become a artist painter.
>>
>>38048070
Seems cool. What are you doing exactly ? Telecoms ? Civil engineering ?
>>
>>38046326
kill yourself, you worthless, inbred piece of human trash
>>
>>38045027
>30
>atm NEET
>>
File: 2017-06-01_15.05.07.jpg (363KB, 1200x1012px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-01_15.05.07.jpg
363KB, 1200x1012px
>22.
>rich NEET investor.
>>
>>38069140
say that you took a gap year
>>
>>38047862
ya if you're comparing yourself to all the losers you grew up around
>>
>>38053370
Honestly it all depends on your department . All PDs run things differently. Some might have their dispatch ran like a dictatorship some might run it like they dont give a fuck. Also where you live. Being in a PD for a population 200k and 98% spic. Its not that bad.
>>
>>38052075
F-fashion
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.