[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /r9k/ reading? Pic related is mine, obscure sci-fi

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

What's /r9k/ reading? Pic related is mine, obscure sci-fi novel, it's pretty good so far.
>>
>>38041664
>genre fiction
>good
haha
>>
>>38042445
>>/lit/
escapism is only thing that we robots have fuck off
>>
>>38042445
>bloo bloo books have to be boring and at least 100 years old to be worthwhile
>fuck your happiness go read some autists 900 page defense of the meaning of meaning
>>
>>38042497
>bloo bloo books have to be boring and at least 100 years old to be worthwhile
Not at all, there is plenty of great 20th century literature.

>fuck your happiness go read some autists 900 page defense of the meaning of meaning
nobody expects you to read theory
>>
>>38042445
why does this happen in every thread i read? pathetic sacks of shit need to find desperately, anything to feel good about themselves, it's impossible for a normal convo for them.
>>
File: 51Bq+i7aLdL.jpg (39KB, 328x500px) Image search: [Google]
51Bq+i7aLdL.jpg
39KB, 328x500px
I have a lot of anthology books because I prefer short stories.
>>
>>38041664
i'm reading ASOIAF and i have mixed opinion on it on one hand story is decent and characters are belivable but on the other hand martin is very bad writer his books are full of unnecesary charcters that provide nothing to the story and are just filler. also he over uses phares like "for a half heart beat"
i recommend it only if you don't care about quality of the prose.

TL;DR fun but has alot of flaws
>>
Nausea by Sartre
>>
>>38042445
>t. doesn't read sci-fi because he doesn't understand science or technology
>>
>>38042742
If sci-fi was related to actual science and actual technology it would be even less interesting than it is.
>>
>>38042764
it'd be more interesting than your opinions, that's for sure.
>>
>>38042742
>thinking that technology or science are important in sci-fi
wew lad you are even more plebier than him
>>
1q84 but it's slow as fuck.
>>
http://www.weavespinner.net/worlds_of_fel.htm
Currently reading subjugation. The main character is retardedly overpowered though.
>>
>>38042792
I finished the first part last year and I can't bring myself to start the next one.
>>
>>38041664
>when ur writing is so shit u have to resort to viral marketing on /r9k/
>>
I'm reading "A Peace To End All Peace" by Fromkin, a history of European influence on the Middle East from 1914-22, the Sykes-Picot pact and all that.
>>
>>38042810
If I was the author I would have provided a better description, I'm not even done reading the book. Also it came out 9 years ago, there's no reason to market it now.
>>
>>38042497
/lit/ btfo forever
>>
Godel, Escher, Bach
>>
>>38042809
I only have like a fifth left. Mostly just trying to finish it for the sake of it at this point.
>>
>>38042659
Also unnecessarily long details about food.
>>
Havent red anything for like 3 years now, i listen to audiobooks while doing other stuff at home.

Currently this is playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSPPjoHSmkY
>>
The Foundation for Exploration
>>
>>38043274
>mfw i never understood this meme
where are those super detailed food descriptions
i've read everything but dance of the dragons and never found one of those
probably because im fat
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.