[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does this trigger normalfags so much? what is it about flip

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

why does this trigger normalfags so much? what is it about flip phones that causes their programming to break so quickly?
>>
>>38041234
Honestly I want PDA's to make a comeback but that doesn't seem to be happening. I've seen more people than you'd think with old style phones though.
>>
>>38041234
They're probably just amazed at how awesome flip phones are. As soon as they see one they start thinking about how they don't have one and how empty their lives are because of this.
>>
File: 0 percent mad.jpg (51KB, 676x858px) Image search: [Google]
0 percent mad.jpg
51KB, 676x858px
>>38041234
flip phones are
>simple
>easy to use
>don't need much
>don't have a bunch of stupid apps
>generally last longer
>built to last
normalshits are triggered by this because they see that you're ok with having a flip phone instead of the new turbo deluxe iphone 4000 like the one they have, and thus they think they're superior because of it.
>>
Are there any modern made flip phones?
>>
>>38041234
Does it? I used to carry one of these for work, so I guess I'm pretty triggered by that.
>>
>>38041234
If a flip phone could access IM applications then I would be on board
That's all I really need on my phone
>>
Admit it op you just want one because of anime
>>
>>38041530
What do you mean by modern? Companies are still making flip phones. New ones are very basic and lacking features and in a lot of cases worse than older models. I recently had to get a new phone because my old just stopped working. My new one doesn't have a microSD card, headphone jack, and has a lower quality camera whereas my 10 year old one that I replaced was better.
>>
>>38041729
By modern I meant like if there were companies still developing new models that happen to be flip phones. I'm fairly clueless when it comes to cell phones, have had the same for over five years.
>>
File: BgoKi59CQAEO3YK.jpg (47KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
BgoKi59CQAEO3YK.jpg
47KB, 500x649px
OMGGGGGGG Anon, how can you like go even 30 seconds without like looking at facebook and instagram! What are you, a caveman?
I have a windows phone so im invisible to these people while still having no apps
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (25KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
25KB, 1280x720px
> take theory courses at the earliest time possible
> drive with dad before it's even allowed
> drive with instructor from day 1
> read book front to back 3 times
> online tests
> take every single practical driving course
> drive with family 300+ hours before exam
> pass with no problem on my birthday

It's not really hard if you set you mind to it and really put down some work.
Years ago i was convinced i'd never be able to/allowed to drive or even take the exam - now i've become a petrolhead.
Note for robots: driving has a nice therapeutic effect
>>
>>38042006
fuck. wrong thread. kek
>>
File: 1488241387334.jpg (39KB, 486x434px) Image search: [Google]
1488241387334.jpg
39KB, 486x434px
>>38042006
Nice comment faggot put it on your Facebook.
>>38042034
Trick question, there is no right thread for you.
>>
Because anyone at any given time is looking for a way to feel superior to others, robots included. Hence half of the threads on this board right now.
>>
I didn't use smartphones for years, I got one for christmas I didn't ask for, and to be honest, I do find it to be very useful. After a while I started to take advantage of all the features and it's more useful than my tablet because I don't need to connect to anybody's wifi to browse the internet. It's a simple matter of wanting to know the answer to a question, and not having to wait to go home to wiki it.
>>
>>38041641
Do non-poor anime characters still use flip phones?
>>
>>38042357
Most use smart phones now, like in Tsuki ga Kirei. A few might still use flip phones but i cant think of them off the top of my head
>>
>>38041258
PDA's were awesome, they're not at all common but when you see someone that has them they were usually a smart person to hang onto it.
>>
>>38041829
Yeah there are, I bought this one that was made in 2015. It runs Android (without the Google Play Services spyware) so you can still use all the modern apps and shit, but with the function and precision typing of a flip phone. You use the bottom half like an laptop touchpad to simulate a touch screen. It's fucking sick. You can order one here
http://www.kyoex.com/au-kddi-sharp-shf31-aquos-k-android-flip-phone-unlocked/
>>
>>38041258
>>38042432
You can pick one up for cheap on eBay. Later ones had wifi connectivity so you dont need to transfer shit over a dock.
I want to get either a palm 3 or some early x86 umpc though.
>>
>>38042476
that's cool thanks for the info
>>
>>38041234
Because its JUST a phone.
No real camera capabilities, no email, no facebook, no browser, can't show bros and chicks your awesome camera roll in good def, it probably only cost $20, no youtube, no spotify to show off your musical tastes, no map, no apps at all really, etc.
To them its not even a REAL phone because there's no "smart" slapped on it. Its pure basic function no frivolity which disgusts them.
>>
>>38042152
>the "need to know an answer" excuse
wow haven't seen that about a billion times.

people come up with all kinds of excuses for why they can't crack the smart phone addiction.
>>
I still have a Nokia 6230i RM-72, which has worked now for 14 years.
>>
>>38041410
To be fair smartphones have some nifty apps like viber that don't use credit for texting
>>
>>38041234
>I have the exact same phone

Buy a card with minutes, no contract, save money

I pity normies
>>
I own a smartphone. Outside of the preloaded stock aps everything seems like a useless gimmick.

Do normalfags really pay for a new useless app once a week? I feel like a baby boomer just using the stock apps but none of the shit in the app store actually seems useful other than the chad and Stacy aps like tinder or snapchat which I don't use because I don't have friends and am ugly.
>>
I'm unironically a poorfag who has never had a smartphone.

My phone is a super cheap flip phone that has CONSUMER CELLULAR written on the front in huge tacky letters.

For some reason it triggers normies hard. First they laugh at it and think it's hilarious and then when they see I'm totally unphased by their cookie cutter definition of what's cool they awkwardly resort to tapping their smartphones.
>>
>>38041530
Yeah they are very cheap now.
>>
>>38041258
why not just use a mini tablet?
>>
>>38042006
same senpai. I drove 15 minutes into the sticks and took the test at a tiny micro dmv
>>
>>38041234

I just retired mine for a smart phone when it became water-logged on vacation. One of the worst moves I ever made. I miss it horribly.
>>
>>38041410
All true. They also have way better battery life.

>>38041234
>why does this trigger normalfags so much?
I don't know. One time this even came up in an meeting I had with HR.
>Visit the HR guys office for our yearly chat
>Asks me how my project is going, if I have any suggestions to improve position, etc.
>Out of left field he pulls out a diabolical question
>HR: Do you have a smartphone
>me: No, I have a flip phone, why?
>HR: Because at [company] we value employees who can adapt to the latest technology.
>me: Well I do adapt to tech relevant to my job. I learned xyz new language for our project. Maybe I'll get a new phone when they come down in price a bit.
>HR: Aren't you satisfied with your compensation? We pay quite generously.
>me: I guess I just don't appreciate smart phones that much. My flip phone is ok with me.
I don't understand what it is about smartphones.
>>
>>38042488
>buying used shit on ebay
>ebay
I wouldn't even expect brand new in box to be right, what the fuck do you think I'd buy a used one for? Even if it were 100% right no carrier wants to fuck with towers for some old ass equipment.
>>
>>38041234
Got a smartphone as a gift, I only use it for the internet and books. I seriously don't understand normies who need to have facebook nearby 24/7. Messaging I understand though, especially WhatsApp.
>>
>>38041234
Flip phones are the best. Only for those who have ascended
>>
>>38041234
If you use any kind of phone you aren't a robot.
>>
>>38042476
>paying $375 for a """""flip phone"""""
>Android
>all the modern apps
good bants anon. You are top rate.

>>38042709
>>38042731
>>38042771
>>38042915
>>38043152
Do you flip phone users have any trouble with group texts or emojis? My FP doesn't even show any text message if someone sends me a group text or has non-asci text in the message.
>>
File: TotallyNotASmartPhone.png (29KB, 968x253px) Image search: [Google]
TotallyNotASmartPhone.png
29KB, 968x253px
>>38043436
and aIso this
>>
>>38043436
I only use it for sending regular texts and calling. Then again my Nokia is 14 years old.
>>
>>38043053
Wew, lad.

You want cellular connectivity? Fast forward a few years.
>>
>>38041234
i don't know what service is but the fact that there are only 60 left is triggering me
>>
>>38042747
People rarely buy apps, aside from subscription based stuff like Netflix
>>
>>38043436
It's not bants mate, my phone is amazing, whenever I pull it out and flip it open all the normies get mad jelly.
It's Android but without all the Google jewery components, just the base stuff. Any other rooted smartphone will get you majorly cucked by Google, Apple, or MS unless you have a Jolla phone or some other shit that barely works.
Also it has Jap text on it so if you are a weeb or like vaporwave
A E S T H E T I C
then that's a bonus too I guess.
>>
What are some good pre paid card flip phones I need one I hate smart phones.
>>
>>38043549
>You want cellular connectivity?
No. I want the world to fucking die. You normie fucks and you're fucking phones. I can talk to some stranger online andtell them about how it should all die in fire and blood. If I tell it to someone I know it's all see a professional about that
>>
>>38043582
>It's not bants mate, my phone is amazing
I know. It actually looks pretty sweet. I wouldn't really lump it in with other flip phones though since you can get apps, email, gps, etc.

>>38043520
Nobody sends you any texts with emojis or non-ascii stuff? I need this for my china-weeb obsession.
>>
I didn't have a smartphone until 2 years ago but I have to admit this is one thing the normies are right about, I could not live without my phone I'm on it all day at work. Sucks the battery life is so short tho. Anyway if you meet a girl and you pull one of those bad boys out of your pocket her pussy will get dry. Its just one of those things you have to get, like meme haircuts, meme shoes and yes a meme phone. Or else you'll get shat on. At least get an android for like $199 and $50/mo plan.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (61KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
61KB, 630x630px
>>38043614
Have you tried, I dunno, smoking pot and jacking off!!!!??? Wahahahaha YOU FAGGIT LOLOLOL!!! I'm high as fuck right now holy shit tutti fruition I'm in a fucking high ass condition!!! You are a faggit like Bob Saget!!! Smoke weed every day you ninny!!! You fucking ninny muggins!!! Blagagaghagaggagahgagahhaa
>>
>>38043614
>you're fucking phones

NO, YOU'RE A FUCKING PHONE.
>>
File: 1333121249881.gif (931KB, 210x118px) Image search: [Google]
1333121249881.gif
931KB, 210x118px
>Check time on my flip phone
>Dumbshit next to me asks if that's really my phone

Sorry I don't fall in line by buying into the smartphone meme you fuck
>>
>>38043856
fag who follows rules that other people set for him detected desu

just lmao @ not knowing that blatantly breaking the rules and not giving a fuck about it makes pussies drip. stop being a damn follower boy
>>
>>38044043
>using a flip phone makes pussies drip
Wew lad, tell me where you are that this works.
>>
>>38041234
>>38041410
But the design has gone downhill.

Flip phones in 2001 are better than flip phones in 2017. So if you want to buy a flip phone you're better off using an older model than a new one.

I'd get a flip phone if it was actually cheaper to have service on it and if I could still visit some websites and get a good quality camera as well.
>>
>>38044303

sigh,

>being this simple minded

it's not about the flip phone.

its's about having the courage to do your own thing. TRULY not giving a fuck about what others think. that's what's attractive.
>>
File: I_also_have_a_flip_phone.jpg (104KB, 960x925px) Image search: [Google]
I_also_have_a_flip_phone.jpg
104KB, 960x925px
>>38044362
>having the courage to do your own thing
Did you just B Urself reply me?
>>
>>38044043
>just lmao @ not knowing that blatantly breaking the rules and not giving a fuck about it makes pussies drip. stop being a damn follower boy
Only when chad does it. A fat autist in cargo shorts and flip flops isn't going to wetten any pussies with his flip phone
>>
>>38044479
pretty much, lmao. though I wouldn't ever say that to anyone blatantly. "be yourself" is a washed up term. a more useful phrase would be "be authentic". though that's very hard to do in a world where people will piss on you if you don't follow the "rules of coolness". so I see where you're coming from buddy-o
>>
>>38041234
>>38041410
>>38042630

No one cares that you're a phone hipster. Normies aren't triggered they probably just think that you're autistic, on top of the phone thing.

Also, flip phones do have e-mail and browsers.
>>
>>38044362
>>38044585

>TRULY not giving a fuck about what others think.

Except that you do, moreso than anyone else. You want them to think that you're some sort of cool kid who's too cool to use modern technology.
>>
>"what are you a drug dealer? why are you so mysterious with that burner anon it's rare to see a person without a smart phone these days"
>"n-n-no"
>>
File: 0023_8oSFC3e.jpg (41KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
0023_8oSFC3e.jpg
41KB, 420x420px
>>38044699
not really. not me, atleast. I use a smartphone and I'm happy with it.

and you're being simple minded again my guy. thinking too narrowly. it's not about that isolated situation. it's about being that way towards all things. in all situations.

but anyways, I'm no life coach, plus I'm on r9k, so what could I possibly know?

peace
>>
>>38044827
Doing the opposite of the mainstream is not really thinking for yourself or being a cool dude who plays by his own rules, you're just a reactionary hipster.
>>
File: 1484789318139.png (315KB, 423x384px) Image search: [Google]
1484789318139.png
315KB, 423x384px
>>38044963
when I say "being that way in all situations", I don't mean go against the mainstream in all situations. I mean be authentic as fuck in all situations. that shit earns you respect. and if that so happens to mean that you are going against the mainstream all the time, so be it. obviously, going against the stream for the sake of it is lame as fucc and is what 14 year old bored as fuck kids do my guy. I know I said peace, but I felt like I needed to clear this shit up.
>>
I used to have a flip phone up until about 2014 and normies kinda liked it. They said it made me memorable. No one ever really talked shit about it too much.
>>
>>38045151
>14 year old bored as fuck kids do

Like people who post frogs and try to trigger normies
>>
>>38041234

Can't browse 4chan with flip phones
>>
>>38042357
What the other anon said, flip phones in anime nowadays are about tradition purely. If you compare games like Persona 3, 4 and 5 you'll see what I'm talking about : in 3 and 4, your charcter would always use a flip since the gamewas released in the early 2000s. While you'd expect the main character to use a flip in 5, with all the trendy modern Tokyo stuff in it, he uses a smartphone.

Doesn't mean flips aren't good tho, I'll stick to my old Moto RAZR V3 for now. I might buy a new one so I can use the internet on the move more efficiently, but honestly I'd just buy a flip smartphone.
>>
>>38042747
I use dictionaries, my shitty games (hard to find free games that work well as mobile though) and book readers
>>
File: 1487622883491.jpg (128KB, 1277x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487622883491.jpg
128KB, 1277x960px
>>38041234
lel, try showing normalfags your satellite phone
>>
>>38044660
normal scum detected
enjoy your consumerist trash iphones and androids, along with all those dumb apps you use.
>>
>>38041234
the moment you stop believing in smartphones, they are worthless status symbols
>>
Can someone give me a good smart phone for a month to month payment with a card.
>>
>>38045151
You are all right anon. I'm this guy >>38044479 and >>38044303

Don't listen to this >>38044699 and >>38044963 little weasel. Just keep being you
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.