[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Unless you're a prodigy, there will always be people

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: 1489008583293.jpg (112KB, 782x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489008583293.jpg
112KB, 782x1024px
>Unless you're a prodigy, there will always be people who are more talented at everything you do.
> Your abilities and existence are redundant and the world will be better off if the naturals, prodigies and geniuses replaced you in all aspects of life.
> Only about several million people at most deserve life; everyone else is essentially a spare part + biomass gene repository.
> You are probably not one of those people.

>"Oh, but anon, it's not about what you do, it's who you are that matters!"
But then
>"You are what you do; we are all human doings, rather than human beings".
Therefore
>If human beings are human doings, then someone who can do more and better is also a better human being.
>>
This is why we need anarcho primitivism
>>
>>38019759
I unironically like this painting>>38019759
>>
File: 1494332489916.jpg (23KB, 418x405px) Image search: [Google]
1494332489916.jpg
23KB, 418x405px
I don't care. I need something to occupy my time constructively while I'm alive, and I just do what I want, not what other people will like. Maybe you should stop breathing because someone is better at it than you?
>>
File: best.jpg (148KB, 605x916px) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
148KB, 605x916px
>>38019759

Who cares. 99% of the people on the planet right now will be forgotten in 300 hundred years or more. In cosmic time, the Earth will be swallowed up erasing any aspect of human existence on the planet. It's pointless to continually compare yourself to natural geniuses or people you perceive as better than you. It's a waste of spotlight consciousness desu.
>>
>>38019759
this is a great painting
>>
there's no point in doing anything if you won't be the best

why waste the time of others with sub-optimal work
>>
>>Unless you're a prodigy, there will always be people who are more talented at everything you do.
But when it comes to art for example then people create unique things. So even if you're not the most popular, someone will have your work of art as their favourite.

>> Only about several million people at most deserve life; everyone else is essentially a spare part + biomass gene repository.
This is stupid. Deserve according to whom? Only the one that gave you life in the first place has any right to say that you'd deserve it or not.
>>
>>38019974
>So even if you're not the most popular, someone will have your work of art as their favourite.
this is beyond false
>>
>>38019759

>there is always someone better than you, so what you do is useless

So, lets say, should just the top 1% of Doctors work, because the other 99% would be useless?

Even if just the top 1% of retail workers would do their job, society would collapse because you would starve before you could get any food from the market.

This statement only applies to things like art.
>>
File: ggggggggggggggg.jpg (32KB, 361x337px) Image search: [Google]
ggggggggggggggg.jpg
32KB, 361x337px
Society has to be full of worker bees so that the top percent can experience this world's joys. Even if it were a few prodigies, who would do all the busywork that keeps the world spinning?
>>
>>38020018
>society would collapse
Good.
>>
>>38020018

>So, lets say, should just the top 1% of Doctors work, because the other 99% would be useless?
>Even if just the top 1% of retail workers would do their job, society would collapse because you would starve before you could get any food from the market.

That's if we remove only 99% of doctors/retail workers and leave all the other categories of people at their current numbers.

This isn't an issue if we make the same reductions across the board: 1% of doctors will be enough for the ones left.
And those people will be lucky as fuck because they'll have the best healthcare available to them.
>>
File: 5e3.jpg (35KB, 600x647px) Image search: [Google]
5e3.jpg
35KB, 600x647px
I'd happily give my life for a natural, a prodigy or a genius to take my place
>>
File: 1485230823941.png (2KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1485230823941.png
2KB, 250x167px
>>38019832
This guy got it, there is too much competition between humans over meaningless shit
>>
Being a prodigy is boring, working for things sorts the men from the boys
>>
File: 1478374747737.gif (650KB, 647x363px) Image search: [Google]
1478374747737.gif
650KB, 647x363px
>hard work can beat natural talent

>but hard work + natural talent will always beat hard work alone

I WANT TO BE GOOD AT SOMETHING
>>
>>38019974

>Only the one that gave you life in the first place has any right to say that you'd deserve it or not.

I see the world and life as the result of one original consciousness splitting itself up into a multitude of aspects.
Splitting a rock from a gold mine up into a fine sand will give you grains of earth and grains of gold.

Both can be useful and valuable in a sense, but we all know which one the miners were going for.

>But when it comes to art for example then people create unique things. So even if you're not the most popular, someone will have your work of art as their favourite.

I might agree about your point on art: I was considering that as a possible exception as well. There are indeed artists whose works I really enjoy even if they are not technically the best.
Perhaps art is the optimal form of human communication and the optimal choice for one's focus in general.
>>
>>38020206

Which anime is this, anon?
>>
File: 16544134.jpg (57KB, 620x538px) Image search: [Google]
16544134.jpg
57KB, 620x538px
>>38020162
stop looking for excuses to be lazy retard
>>
>>38020302
love Iab
>>
>>38020308
sure i m lazy because i dont want to work as a useless bolt that you can change whenever you want.
>>
>>38020037

The "world" would be made up of those (relatively) few prodigies.
They would manage easily, especially since they would all be working together and combining their abilities directly through quotidian close proximity with each other.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.