[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw used to enjoy competitive games a lot and being good at them

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 595de3ea57e0484296016cbe03f0d6fc.jpg (529KB, 1152x1536px) Image search: [Google]
595de3ea57e0484296016cbe03f0d6fc.jpg
529KB, 1152x1536px
tfw used to enjoy competitive games a lot and being good at them but now my depression has made it harder for me to get into the right mindset to play competitively

pic related
>>
File: 5d4.jpg (34KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
5d4.jpg
34KB, 500x377px
>>38012224
i know that feel annon, ive been through the same thing, i used to play CS, was fairly good at it too (LEM) and one day... i just gave up, it was no longer fun, it was just stress inducing.
>>
Competitive games are not so fun anymore because of so many people use cheap tactics and exploits. It's like they are not in the game for fun but to be the best on the leaderboard.
Then you have call of duty who sells so well because it's super fast paced and people get killed in an instant. This kind of gameplay can make everyone feel like a badass when getting a kill is so cheap.
>>
IQ is mai waifu do not steal
>>
>>38012279
Is it because you always played alone and not with like a consistent team. I feel like that plays a part in that
>>
>>38012224
I mostly dropped siege last update because of what they did to casul. I don't want to be a super fucking sweaty tryhard 24/7, I'm plat 2 and can only get matched with plat-diamond now which can also take in excess of 40 minutes.
>>
>>38012404
i had like 1-2 people who would play with me most of the time.
>>
>>38012460
ye, I wish I had consistently a full team to play with. 1-2 people is pretty much better soloqueueing. I'm jealous of all the youtubers who have consistently good teammates to play with
>>
>tfw only play social arena on halo 5 because i get sad whenever I get a shitty rank even though I tried my hardest
>>
>>38012531
H5 is the most disappointing game I have ever played desu. It makes 4 look good.
>>
>>38012420
Are you a mean try hard anon?
>>
>>38012819
Not really no, I took up ranked with a few other autists sometime way back in the day because it usually had much more balanced teams than casual. I'll spawn peek and snipe through 1mm holes in walls/cheap angles and feel absolutely no remorse but I won't flame anybody or anything. I miss the days when I could tryhard and not feel so fucking dirty though, the first few R6s were and still are some of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>38012224
>tfw can't enjoy multiplayer team games anymore because I'm too afraid of fucking up and disappointing my teammates
>>
>>38013257
>tfw when teammates get HARSH. It brings me on the verge of crying
>>
>>38012224
Can you actually play as the hooded jap qt? Or is all this image just meme fan art?
>>
>>38013310
She's actually fugly and her gadget is an explosive fidget spinner launcher but she is playable yes.
>>
>>38013285
>>38013257
Sounds like you need better friends. Everybody is a colossal fuckup sometimes, it happens.
>>
>>38013338
>friends
I was talking about pub shitters. I can fuck around in any game with my friend because he's a shit at games and I've always been much better than him.
>>
>>38013364
General rule of thumb is to just never solo queue because it isn't worth the heartache.
>>
>tfw no try hard teammates who are also nice
Where do I find bros like this
>>
>too good for good players
>get stomped by pros
This makes play painfull
>>
>>38013412
You don't because you may as well be searching for a unicorn. I like to consider myself a nice person but even I have limits and will dump salt all over the place if somebody manages to fuck up in an unbelievable way.
>>
>>38013481
b-but it's not personal when you dump salt r-right?

spergs are usually nice tryhards. They are really good too. Just want people who care about being good at a video game to listen to my autism but who also don't get really salty
>>
Competitive games are the best escape for depression, you get so much in the zone sometimes that you forget everything around you. almost like drugs.
>>
>>38013500
99% of the time it isn't, like if somebody keeps getting btfo I try to diagnose their issues and help out instead of going ape shit on them. I only really go spastic when I witness something like my team losing a 4v1 or any other equally absurd situation.
>>
File: stranger things darkest dungeon.jpg (47KB, 960x480px) Image search: [Google]
stranger things darkest dungeon.jpg
47KB, 960x480px
>>38012224
Try different kinds of games. TTRPGs, like Dungeons & Dragons, are social games and are more about cooperation than competition. Your team comes together to overcome challenges that none of you could beat alone. Give it a shot. Check out /tg/, they could help you find something you like.
>>
>>38013570
>tfw it's been too long since I last played D&D
>>
File: angry about elves.png (26KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
angry about elves.png
26KB, 300x100px
>>38013619
Then get back into it, dude. Download the rules (D&D is on its Fifth Edition, 5e) and check out the website Roll20. It's an online gaming site where you hook up with other players and play TTRPGs online, using electronic character sheets and game rooms. It's pretty good. I hear the community itself is kinda shitty, but I don't know personally since I play only with my close IRL friends.
>>
>>38013662
>long break just because I hadn't had the time to commit to a scheduled game time
>tfw just graduated and I'm unemployed
Oh boy, here we go
>>
File: ill do my best.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
ill do my best.png
291KB, 750x366px
>>38013703
>Just graduated and I'm unemployed.

Me too lol. What are you looking into? I graduated from law school, studying for the bar exam for next month. After that, gonna search for a job.
>>
>>38013722
I want to work as a programmer but so far I'm not finding anything that doesn't require 4+ years of experience on top of the schooling. I'll probably end up at some shitty unrelated job while doing some freelance work on the side.
>>
File: best waifu.jpg (67KB, 445x632px) Image search: [Google]
best waifu.jpg
67KB, 445x632px
>>38013765
Shit dude. I'm in the same boat. I want to do Entertainment Law because the subject matter deals with stuff like movies, video games, comics, music, etc., all stuff I'm interested in. The problem is that everyone else is interested in this shit too, so the demand for such positions is high while the actual number of such positions is low. This means the Entertainment Law firms can afford to be picky with who they choose and dictate terms. They all want somebody with 3+ years of transactional experience and the starting pay is pretty lousy. What I'm gonna have to do is work in some other field, like corporations or something, and then a few years down the line try to break into Entertainment Law "laterally".

It's not us, man, it's the economy. Nothing to be done about it, and no use getting upset. Just stick with it, make that paycheck, and don't let yourself think that this shitty, stepping-stone job defines you as a person. In the meantime, build your skill set and network with other people like a motherfucker. I even recommend getting books and studying how to actually network, since it's a vital skill for success.

Here, have a mixed race qt to hold you over.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.