[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

r9k has become so fucking fragmented, I can't stand it.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

File: 1498543424333.jpg (14KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
1498543424333.jpg
14KB, 250x223px
r9k has become so fucking fragmented, I can't stand it. This board used to be an actual community, like you knew people on it and cared about them. You felt that the guy on the other side of the screen writing those posts cared about the content of what he posted as much as you did. You cared about what they had to say because it came from the same place you did when you had something serious or heartfelt to say.

I know most of you idiots reading this post never actually saw what that looked like, or maybe you think you did because you were a part of some 'epic threads' last year, but r9k hasn't been like that for years. Now the best posters hide away in little generals and reposted threads because if they know how useless it is to spend their energies on a thread that will inevitably be buried underneath an unending barrage of shitposts by the very worst posters who feel no hesitation to drop another low effort thread on the catalog.

Those narcissistic twats posting the equivalent of status updates, those teenagers shitposting because it makes them giggle like a little schoolgirl when someone replies, those crossposters who post stale bait knowing that /r9k/ will bite it every time. Those are the posters who feel most at home today on r9k.

I don't know how anyone who has been on r9k since 2008 can look at the catalog and not feel a despondent resignation at the current state of affairs. How anyone who has been here since the beginning can still call the average arcanine his brother. What a fucking shitshow.
>>
>>38011031
I feel you wholeheartedly. I miss gentlmen9000 days
>>
Most of my (You)s are people telling me to "fuck off, Chad." Sorry for offering a different perspective.
>>
>>38011031
sounds like youre growing up anon...
>>
>>38011031
lol ur gay

asdf
>>
There used to be less depression and 10x more greentext threads. Characters like Futurebro etc that would show up and tell stories. An actual culture emphasizing the posters here as "Gentlemen".

Yeah I remember. Everything changes though.
>>
>tfw always used this shit as a shitposting ground
(you)s are what i desire
>>
>>38011127
the depressive element was still there, but it was more about self-loathing than hating others
>>
File: 1471819802182.png (7KB, 294x171px) Image search: [Google]
1471819802182.png
7KB, 294x171px
>>38011031
>the best threads are hidden away in generals
>HAHA I WROTE A STORY ABOUT MY SISTER SUCKING MY COCK
>>
>>38011067
I feel as though to a large degree the characterizing of early r9k as 'the gentlemen era' is a way for new posters to trivialize and dismiss the sincerity that colored the board back then, like that it was 'cringy' that posters back then didn't address each other behind a protective shell of ironic detachment that everyone on r9k today wears.
>>
>>38011177
Yeah I know, that was actually the initial draw for me. Feels threads. But that whole "REEEEEEEEEEE" thing killed it all for me. Watching pepe and the chicken nuggets meme take off killed most of the love I had for this place.
>>
>>38011031
it's fucking gone. Shame really. I guess the normalisation worked since there's hardly any robots are here now, no more autistic charm since that gets shut down. just... normal people here. ("Yeah" in front of every sentence is you can spot them)
I guess people just really despised robots and wanted them dead. They got their wish. This is /b/ 2 now.
>>
>>38011031
Been here since 2009. Don't know why I still come here. Not NEET, not virgin, have a life.

I can't leave though. I keep coming back and I don't know why.
>>
>>38011031
Nigger
asdfvbmyr
>>
>>38011031

its known r9k is the most suicidal place
to be in the internet. maybe thats what happend to all your beloved gentlemin posters back that days now floating around in the endless void being free huehuehe
>>
>>38011205
case in point, exactly.
>>38011385
>>
>>38011031
It's /pol/ man. /pol/ attracts the most awful people into this site and they then spread to other boards.
>>
After being here for 10 years now; I mostly just lurk. I'll start typing a response then just stop halfway through because whats the point when it's all just shitposts and pseudo-politics.
>>
It's the robot vs rostie thing that's shitting up the board. See>>38007947. People just need to chill
>>
>>38011031
HOME MOVIES IS DA SHIT
>>
File: 1494443574028.png (25KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1494443574028.png
25KB, 300x250px
>>38011031

you stupid fucking cucks,

this is our board now

*ssssssssllluurrppp*
>>
File: 1498428212156.jpg (34KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1498428212156.jpg
34KB, 500x411px
>make greentexts about being awkward and autistic
>normalfags share them on r/4chan and Facebook
>normalfags flood /r9k/ to see the greentexts first-hand
>try to make their own greentexts for no reason other than to hope it gets capped and put on r/4chan but without any sincerity because they have to make it all up
>actual robots stop making greentexts because they don't want to entertain r/4chan and invite more normalfags
this is what happened
>>
>>38011031
>like you knew people on it and cared about them.
speak for yourself faggot. been here since like 2011 on and off and always hated board "personalities", there used to be a christfag here in the start, he was alright
>>
>>38011869
AMDG
Honestly while this is a really unpopular opinion on 4chan I actually miss when boards had resident personalities. That's not to say that I was a fawning devotee of tripfags, but a number of trips help make the board feel more unique. One of the biggest problems with 4chan today is that boards blend together because the same newfags post on every popular board with no respect for that individual board's culture.

I truly believe that the persistent 'anti-trip' culture has been detrimental to 4chan's quality. It certainly hasn't made any boards better. Boards like /mu/ are noticeably worse without their larger than life personalities.
>>
>>38011952
problem isnt the anti trip culture, problem is the media exposure of the site, too many normies joining after they saw it on the news or something
>>
>>38011031
hmm, I spend more time on /sci/ and /his/ now
>>
>>38011976
I'm not saying that's 'the' problem, like 4chan would suddenly be 'fixed' if everyone started using a trip. I'm saying that resident board personalities were one aspect that helped to make each board a unique experience and them being driven off contributes to 4chan boards becoming more homogenized with each other making them all more bland.
>>
>>38012011
to each his own. i don't really feel that way.
>>
>>38011031
oldfag here, since the beginning.

I totally agree with your post, it's accurate, and insightful.

I almost never post threads anymore, and rarely even respond. I feel like I more come here for nostalgia. But I have the guilt of knowing that attitude is part of the problem.

I'd also like to add that the current wave of "feels" and "foreveralone" threads and their kin is in direct contradiction of what a robot, a true user of /r9k/ should be, which is an emotionless and analytical machine. In true robot form. These newcomers represent the worst, albeit perhaps the truest of human experiences, and in my opinion are diametrically opposed to everything that this board should have been.

But you can't fight change it seems, I'm waiting now until it gets better, I've weathered other storms, but I fear it never will. 4chan was never good, etc.
>>
>>38011127
I think "crybaby" might be a better term for our current populace.
>>
>>38011068
fuck off, Chad REEEEEEEEEEE

how was that not original
oh my god
>>
been lurking since around 2006. ima still lonely alcoholic
>>
>>38011228
damn you right tho

thoughts
>>
>>38011205
>a protective shell of ironic detachment that everyone on r9k today wears
it's not just here, everyone in the world is currently on the post-post-irony dank memewagon senpai
>>
>>38012022
Surely you can see how boards are losing their unique identities, yes? For instance new posters relying on 'catch-all reaction images' like 'pepe' no matter what board they post on. How more 4chan vernacular is being taken straight from other websites like twitter. How many popular 4chan memes aren't 4chan at all, shit like "ayy lmao" were just appropriated straight from twitter or "We are Number 1", and they get posted on every board.

The new 4chan poster is not a /v/irgin, or /sp/artan or an /a/utist, but a web2.0 surfer with no allegiance that feels himself just as much at home on his favorite subreddits as he does on the 4chan boards he browses and makes no distinction in the content he posts between them.
>>
>>38012134
i guess you are right boards are kinda homogenized. also I'm not sure how they were before as I browsed very few boards. I guess most people treat this site as whole nowadays and browse multiple board simultaneously whereas before people tend to stick to their own boards.
>>
>>38011992
dym me too

I feel like those boards might have been created after and because this one got bad.
>>
>>38012011
I see your point, though I am a big supporter of anonymity. It makes sense, and I think you should be allowed to use a handle if you really want to.
>>
>>38011031
Is this our version of "I miss the old /b/ wahhhhh"?
>>
>>38012130
True, I experience that often IRL.

Sad that it makes this place that much less special.
>>
File: IMG_1771.jpg (40KB, 273x207px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1771.jpg
40KB, 273x207px
>>38011031
>>38012134

Don't waste your words trying to explain old chan culture to these kids, they'll never understand, nor will they care
>>
>>38012184
Personally I'd exchange 100 anonymous newfag for one dedicated trip that cared about the content of his posts.
>>
>>38011031
cry more kid nobody cares.
>>
the NEETs, freaks, and weirdos who care too much about 4chan are the fucking backbone that keep this site alive

normalfag phoneposters don't give a damn about the quality of boards or what happens to them, they're just here to talk about girls and DANK MAYMAYS and LE RARE PEPES

more people need to start taking 4chan seriously
>>
nothing can ever go back to how it used to be
>>
>>38011031
Such is the way of all online communities: they're either repeatedly inundated with new and different people who take it over, or they stagnate into a closed-door circlejerk and slowly wither away. At best, you manage to slow the decline with very careful moderation and/or admission policies, but that's exceedingly difficult.
>>
>>38012090
>an emotionless and analytical machine
I wouldn't go that far, but I would say that what characterized the board in its earliest days was an observation and reflection capable only through a degree of detachment. That's markedly absent at this point.
>>
>>38011992
/sci/ lost its flavor for me once I started seeing the higher-level discussion become less common and picked up on the repetitive patterns of the low-level discussion, like climate change baiting, DMT and psychedelics fags, consciousness posting, race baiting/IQ posting, university/major dick measuring and "what does science have to say about my irrelevant question" threads. It gets really boring and the interesting discussion is few and far between
>>
>>38012207

>tfw the memories old old chan culture are slipping away from me

I-I have to leave this place. It's such shit now that I'm forgetting what it used to be.
>>
>>38012982
One of the hardest hit boards. It's quite literally 90% bait and brainletposting.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.