[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That moment when you realize there can't really be that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: derp derpington.jpg (9KB, 201x201px) Image search: [Google]
derp derpington.jpg
9KB, 201x201px
That moment when you realize there can't really be that many people in here.
>>
There isn't, r9k is as slow as it's ever been. But everyone knows that by now and needs to get over it, what's on your mind OP?
>>
>>38010112
I like people are thinking we're in some sort of cold war. I don't really think that's the case. I wouldn't call it a war at all.
>>
You can expect lurkers on a board of robots
>>
>>38010112
I'm not really sure. It's kind of an odd phenomena now that I'm really taking notice of it, and I only did so because it seems like we all post in the same threads.

The community seems to be tight-knit yet still anonymous.
>>
>>38010120
Yeah I think people should just get over this reddit invasion meme and stick with the threads they enjoy and know how to spot bait/people who aren't worth their time
>>
>>38010165
Well I mean I'm sure they're doing stuff to influence our elections, whether it be paid professionals or computer algorithms or whatever. But, who's to say that's against any rules? Have they broken any inter-national laws? No. They have not. Russia is not to blame for the current political situation, if anything, they have been an ally to the USA
>>
>>38010223
Doesn't Russia get a say in american politics? Can't they express their opinion? Just because they can't legally vote doesn't mean they don't have free speech.
>>
>>38010235
Well, you're right about that. I don't even think releasing her emails can safely be called interference - it makes it sound like they did something they shouldn't have, which I don't believe they did.

Also, contribooting to the derailment of my own thread.
>>
>>38010112
>r9k is as slow as it's ever been
imagine being this fucking new. Until 2013 you could post a thread, go to sleep for 8 hours and it'd still be alive in the morning even if nobody posted in it. Today a thread wont stay up for an hour if nobody bumps it because of the constant deluge of shitposts and reposts that fill up the catalog 24/7.

There are thousands of new posters that started posting here in the last 3 years and they've reshaped the board from a relatively small community into an underage cesspool of twitter and facebook users.
>>
>>38010267
This is a much more complex situation than placing blame on any one agent or agencies or governments. The current state of the world is larger than humanity it's self.
>>
>>38010278
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6iefP8lf3o
>>
>>38010223
Oh I thought you meant in relation to r9k. I think that countries other countries should stick to their own politics, if they don't live with us they could have ulterior motives to bring us down such as weakening our trades to make more money for themselves or just plain mischief out of the fact they don't live here.
In either case though, I think we should just limit our voting to people who have an education in politics. It doesn't matter if you've never been outside or know anything at all about current politics in the US, if you're 18 and a registered US citizen you are allowed to vote
>>
>>38010278
Well, we can safely say that shit hit the fan when Franz Ferdinand was assassinated. That single event legitimately set the whole world into chaos.
>>
>>38010307
>Filthy Frank

Ya lost me there bud
>>
>>38010314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np5H9AZIy7M
>>
>>38010275
From what I've seen, there can't really be thousands of posters, just a few hundred (if even that, which I don't really believe) really active posters.
>>
>>38010313
Well there is a sense of unstabliity caused by the north korea situation, so it would make sense to bring down the USA so they wouldn't engage in nuclear war with North Korea by any means necessary. Thing is, it takes money and a large economy to wage war, so nobody can take down the USA
>>
>>38010354
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-PxqQC8cQ
>>
>>38010112
Seems like the whole site slowed down desu. Don't really get the gratification from it as I used to either. There's nowhere left to go but the 3D world.
>>
>>38010354
If that's a true story, fuck.. You guys sure waited till the worst possible time to make it known.
>>
>>38010347
No, there are THOUSANDS you dunce. The "r9k_txt" twitter account alone has 12k and that's less the amount of individual IPs that will post on r9k in a typical week. Yeah at prime NEET hours right now there are probably only a couple hundred active posters, but r9k itself is only slightly smaller than it was 2 years ago during 2014 at its peak popularity which was an almost 3 fold increase of traffic from 2011.
>>
>>38010376
We shouldn't be engaging in economic warfare, we're a global economy, and that just brings everyone down. We either grow together, or go down together.
>>
>>38010393
I understand there are always winners and losers, but we're all on the same boat.
>>
>>38010416
>>38010393
This is true, but it sadly just isn't possible for us. Everyone has a hidden agenda these days, very few work for or even give a shit about communion. The sooner we can get everyone to be perfectly morale human beings, the sooner we can get to making this dream come true.
I don't believe in a religion. But religion, ONE religion, may be the only way to do this, if at least partially
>>
>>38010386
For some, super-non-obvious reason, I'm inclined to believe you. Well, that's interesting.
>>
>>38010452
There's an activity chart somewhere I don't have saved on this computer that shows that massive increase in traffic that happened in 2014, but anyone who browsed r9k even casually before then would have undoubtedly noticed the enormous change that happened around that time. More than 1 out of 2 of EVERY POSTER on r9k started posting on this board in 2014 or later.
>>
>>38010503
I hadn't been on 4chan for years before two weeks ago, and I though /r9k/ would be an interesting place to stop by. I remember when it first went up. I didn't even know the board was invaded by normies, nor did I know what this place had become synonymous with.

Needless to say though, I love it. I love all you sad, pathetic bastards.
>>
>>38010578
Hate it break it to you pal, but what you love is the fetid cancerous corpse of what used to be a decent board.
>>
>>38010613
And so the true spirit of 4chan lives on, right?
>>
>>38010613
This applies to the rest of the site, so what's your point?
>>
I've often wondered if it's the same 20 people posting over and over every night.
>>
>>38010638
>>38010631
>>38010613
It was actually always like this, the only difference is you're more likely to be jumped on for your interests/run into political shit. But who cares, just look the other way
>>
>>38010676
The only way you could possibly think this is if you only started posting here in 2014. /r9k/ in say 2011 was a completely different experience than /r9k/ today, the similarities are mostly superficial.
>>
>>38010649
I swear to fuck it is. It's just the same 20 people all shitting on each other.
>>
>>38010695
That's probably because I was here since 2014, unlike most peoole here today I originated from /b/. You mind telling me what it was like back then?
>>
>>38010083
would be interesting to see view statistics when it comes to r9k.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.