[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people online claim to "know a lot about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Familyguy.jpg (35KB, 631x440px) Image search: [Google]
Familyguy.jpg
35KB, 631x440px
Why do so many people online claim to "know a lot about psychology"?
>>
>>37992229

Because it's easy to bullshit.
>>
>>37992229

Because some people are obsessed with themselves. I'm not implying everyone is a narcissist, but everyone is solipsistic in that way, to a degree.

Then there's other people who find other people more interesting than things, which they most certainly can be. Psychology has concepts that are very easy to grasp and grant a little understanding in aberrant behaviour-- We used to think people were possessed by demons or evil. Now we fancy ourselves able to discern things to a greater degree because of the foundational knowledge that has been put down.
>>
>>37992257
>Because it's bullshit.
fixed
>>
I think it really is helping that people are capable of carrying over the techniques used in their own therapy sessions to help others for free. It's very difficult to find a good counselor these days because so few are taking new patients, and many of them just suck and deserve to be put out of their jobs.
>>
>>37993140
over 9000 upvotes for this post
>>
>>37992229
Half of this anxiety/depression bullshit is a overused meme if you aren't a real basement dweller you're not a robot over more than half of the problems that i used to get were solved by daily walking/jogging sessions
>>
>watch dr. phil
>he never says anything that requires a college degree
>just common sense

psychology is a scam
>>
>>37994325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F0Mer4kDDY
>>
>>37992320
there is a lot in psychology that is measurable
>>
>>37994325
maybe because dr. phil had his degree revoked
>>
>>37994325
Dr. Phil is an actor. He is reciting a script writtwn by some goy. It has to be simple high school and elementary school bullshit in order to not go over the heads of the trailer trash who actually think he's a fucking doctor.
>>
>>37992320
>>37992257
both. psychology people crack me up because there's a ceiling to our intelligence and our tendencies can all alter one another separately, causing different effects, like a fractal. psyches think of things in perfect patterns.
think of it like this: is it easier to hide in a small, overly crowded room or easier to hide in a giant, vast, open field?
well it depends on the context of everything.

and that's exactly it. you don't know anything unless you understand the context of everything, the constantly moving parts, how can you really know anything for sure without science backing it up fully?

i think you need to be omniscient for psychology to actually work, you need to know everything or close to every thing.
>>
>>37992257
fpbp

same reason people on the internet know so much about politics, economics, philosophy, history

Read a shitpost, blogpost, fake news article, conspiracy article, or watch a crappy half hour History channel or youtube documentary and suddenly you're an expert with important opinions

Whereas with fields like math or language, you can pretty much quickly prove someone's ability by asking them to solve an equation, speak Spanish, or write an essay in Chinese
>>
>>37992257
I hate to say this, but even Jordan Peterson's lectures seem like made up bullshit. Sure, he's certainly a smart guy, but what's the actual framework he's teaching his students?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.