[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can one be a competent programmer even if you don't have

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: IMmmP8A.gif (121KB, 910x1354px) Image search: [Google]
IMmmP8A.gif
121KB, 910x1354px
can one be a competent programmer even if you don't have a natural inclination towards it? in other words: can someone that finds programming difficult be a competent programmer and make a career out of it?
>>
>>37985086
Yes, just as almost anithing in life you can learn it, if you have dificulties it will be harder to learn it, but if you put egnouth time in it, you can do it (it applies to most things in life)
>>
>>37985086
No one has a natural inclination towards anything. But honestly if after about 3 months or so you don't feel like you've made any progress then programming probably isn't for you.

>>37985141
No, you can't do anything just because you "put your mind to it." Otherwise we'd all be olympic swimmers, nobel prize winners, and fields medalists. There is an a minimum IQ bar that separates geniuses from others.

That being said, programming doesn't take some super genius IQ but most good programmers are probably above average. Also supposedly it correlates well with slight autism.
>>
>>37985202
What should I learn to make my own chan? Html?
>>
>>37985086
No, there was a study done and they found that a good portion of the population is just too stupid to ever wrap their heads around it. If you feel like you "don't have a natural inclination towards it", you're probably one of those retards.
>>
>>37985316
Html+css is only the markup language used to lay out pages. You need to learn something like nodejs, django, php, etc. so you can write the web server to actually handle the interactions like storing posts in a database. There are tons of open source 4chan clones on github. Just look at them and study.
>>
>>37985316
Try making a simple message system on your own with php. Then, once you're familiar with the basics of php, html, and css, download futaba and translate it with google translate. Edit as you wish and make a homepage. There's your chan.
>>
>>37985934
>>37985998
I'll give coding a second chance.
I need a skill that I'm good at.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.