[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Okay, anon. We'll let you know if you got the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

File: 700.jpg (397KB, 1956x2068px) Image search: [Google]
700.jpg
397KB, 1956x2068px
>"Okay, anon. We'll let you know if you got the job"
>they never let me know
Why the FUCK can't employers tell you right off the bat that they don't want you?
>>
>>37981572
first, because they will have more people to interview after you, second, politeness
>>
>>37981572
They're just like women. They aren't upfront so that the bullshit illusion/aura of mystery and exclusivity remains.
>>
>>37981572

i got plenty of shit to do already

you wanna know, call back.
>>
>>37981572

Its because human resources is a stacy profession. Do the math.

99% of em never calls back even if they tell you that 'the always will call you even if you got the job or not'.

Fucking roasties man. They re evil
>>
Don't worry anon, just make sure to buy Skyrim VR and switch edition! Also, don't forget Fallout 4 bud! ;)
>>
>>37981572
>Tfw they never call
>Still got the job
>>
I don't get it either companies at least used to send emails saying you don't meet their requirements but they don't even do that any more.
>>
>>37981572
>apply for job
>"I'll give you a call next week"
>never fucking calls me
>>
File: 1497953625288.png (433KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1497953625288.png
433KB, 460x460px
>>37981572
>"Well call you back"
>No you wont"
>Exit

Its super autistic but at least you can try and guilt trip them

Not like you are going to see them ever again
>>
>>37982475
>>never fucking calls me
dont you know, to "take initiative" its what old people tell me all the time!
>>
Ive pretty much learned if you arent called in for an interview within the first 24 hours of applying they dont want you or you arent a top priority
>>
>>37982521
Dude that's right!! I showed initiative the other day and called them back! Some stacy said she would put me on some list she would send other companies! Man dad was right, you just gotta show initiative hehehe.

What's "unable to follow instructions" tho?
>>
File: pepe5.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pepe5.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>37982521

"Lol just walk down the strip mall and hand in applications."

Fuck you dad you retard, everything is online now. If you go in to anywhere they look at you like you have a dick growing out of your forehead and you're already out of the running for the job.
>>
>>37982633
this anon knows it

job market has changed so much in the last 5 years people who are like 30 still think it's that easy
>>
>>37982633

>muh not hungry enough
>muh firm handshake

They really think they know how the world still works
>>
>>37982662
>Person in employment thinks they're qualified to lecture you on unemployment

every time
>>
You need to network and be hyper social to get a job as a start up. That's why we go to school for 13 years...To learn to be social and normal people.
>>
>>37982714
it didn't work

now what the fuck do I do?
>>
>>37982722
Get diagnosed and beg the government to give you bux
>>
>>37982662
>>37982633
Holy fuck this is close to home. I tried explaining this to my dad and he gave me the "just b urself" / be confident meme speech and to have a firm handshake / speak with emphasis.

God I fucking hate that my dad is "are ya winning son" tier
>>
I work in our HR department and I get so tired of whiny autistic fucks calling me 4 times a week wondering about a position that's been filled for a month.
>>
>>37982722
Get welfarebux as above anon suggested. Or alternatively start your own home business selling things you made or bought or doing a service.
>>
I'm pretty sure this is code for 'we don't know who to pick lol'. I've had interviews where they said I got the job halfway, some were they stopped earlier out of consideration and not wasting my time. The last one that pulled the we'll call you bullshit I gave them a week and called them. If they are still deciding that's fine, but otherwise I don't stop until I get it or they say it's been filled. Maybe it's boomer think and they want to see the cucky dance, but it works. I really wanted the position so I even did a little underhanded stuff like asking to be put through to the directors office when manager was going nowhere. They liked the initiative and hired me.
>>
>>37981623
I called back after my first ever interview and the lady seemed almost rattled that I actually followed up to ask instead of disappearing.
>>
>university careers info evening
>one of our 5 invited speakers is an old boomer
>works in government
>got his job after finishing year 11
>never graduated HS
>no qualifications
>no experience
>just walked into the local council office and asked for a job
>tells us to get his first job now you need at least a bachelor's degree, years of work experience, pass a rigorous battery of tests and interviews including psychological testing
>"but the job really hasn't changed that much"
>>
>>37982775
They wouldn't do that if you would tell the truth. This is like weather man complaining about people wanting him to do weather reports. It's what you are paid to do. If that's too hard find another line of work.
>>
>>37982662
>ywn graduate college in 1970 studying history
>ywn take your resume down to the local bank, say you've just graduated and are looking for a job
> ywn be hired after a short interview with the bank manager and firm handshake
>instead, you will have to apply dozens of jobs in a day, filling your resume with meaningless buzzwords in the hopes that it stands among the literally hundreds of other resumes
>Even then, you have to interview with some HR Stacey and hope one of the other candidates doesn't meet some diversity quota
Worst timeline
>>37982722
Die
>>
>>37982851
College is a fucking meme
>>
>>37982633
>>37982662
So true. When I was younger I actually took pop's advice about just walking in and they looked at me weird and told me to apply online. So it was both a waste of time and an embarrassment.
>>
>>37982893
Mate, we get paid to do the exact opposite of that.

You do not waste time calling everyone you interviewed up and to tell them they didn't get the job, you call the guy who was hired and leave the others dangling in case he doesn't work out.

It's not uncommon to call people who you interviewed two months earlier if things go really south.
>>
Yeah the last time they said that after my 3rd "Test interview" I told them you wont call me back, fuck you and walked out. They called back and got me the job the next day.
>>
>>37982956
The diversity quota is the fucking worst. I've seriously consdered putting my religion as Islam and sexuality as gay on the job application to have a better chance at getting the job

>"So it says here you're a homesexual muslim, could you tell me about that?"
>Accuse interviewer of discriminating against me
>"S-sorry sir my mistake here we are big fans of diversity, you start on Monday"
>>
File: 1493654685845.jpg (59KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493654685845.jpg
59KB, 640x560px
why is that shit jobs don't even pay enough so you can feed yourself and rent a cuckshed? they used to.

i don't get why so many people have to constantly compete for these high powered fast moving corporate careers these just to be able to pay bills

people use to be able to work in a bakery or a supermarket and pay their bills wtf happened to that
>>
>>37981572
>Why the FUCK can't employers tell you right off the bat that they don't want you?
Did you remember to bring your copy of Fallout 4 with you to the interview? Don't be subtle, just place it on the table when you arrive.
>>
>>37983199
In the uk the answer to this question is the Tories
>>
>>37982993
Ah, so it's a waste of resources to ensure job security type thing. No shame there considering hr can be had done to justify budget wise. Still, if I were manager I'd make it policy to say the position is filled or that we are still considering when they call to inquire. Then I'd work on an automated job agent that emails applicants with updates on the positions they are interested in and automates the personality tests so they do them at home. I'm almost done with my MBA and would rather not do HR though, I'm more interested in industry side of things. I should have gone into something else but I fell for the memes.
>>
typical checklist of my job experiences
>5 different job application sites, even a shitty "customer service" dedicated one that just throws a bunch of scammy call center jobs at you
>apply everywhere in the area to an extent of 40 minutes to drive to because fuck that for a min wage job
>get maybe one or two interviews
>go in looking my best and do the best silvertongue bullshit i can do
>half oan hour of questions like "your team has to finish a huge project by the end of the day, how do you get it done????" for a fucking pet store cashier job or similar

>we'll call you for a second interview, handshake, walk out smiling
>hear nothing so call back once every week or so as to not look too desperate
>get shit excuses, eventually give up

>during time of no job
>family members all say "you need to go into stores and have them call the manager down to speak to you" "hurrdurr shake their hand"
>they dont fucking realize that is essentially suicide for your chances
>try it at a few places in front of them to prove what I'm doing
>"uh you need to apply online, or monthly at our instore kiosk" as they walk the fuck away annoyed
>family members still not satisfied, that place "is just run by an asshole"

>go to all the local stores in my area that are supposed to be hiring people like me
>shit for hours so they dont have to give you any benefits
>hellish work where older people treat you like an actual robot and expect no mistakes in a place like wallyworld or they'll YELP YOU!!!!
>people who are already hired aren't young, they're 60-80 year olds who blew their retirement and now have to stock shelves without breaking a hip in a minimum wage grocery store job

fuck the whole entire job system, I just want to make enough money to survive while learning a trade or something
>>
>>37983199
The labor market has been flooded with foreigners in most Western countries.

Your wage goes down or stays flat while demand for what it takes to live goes up.
>>
File: ynn13f4695hnuxis84f7.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ynn13f4695hnuxis84f7.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>tfw this is the stacy that interviewed me last week
>spilled spaghetti everywhere
>>
>>37983475
You absolutely nailed this mate, its such fucking bullshit
>>
File: mKrJST9.png (727KB, 759x416px) Image search: [Google]
mKrJST9.png
727KB, 759x416px
>apply to job
>get acceptance email months later after i had already taken another job
>>
>>37983199
companies realized
"oh hey if we hire two part timers we can give them trash for hours AND the bare minimum of legal pay and it'll come out cheaper than paying one person for fulltime with benefits like health insurance/dental/etc"

so now all those jobs one person could juuuust make it by on now make less than people who panhandle (depending on the area), not even lying
>>
>>37983531
Its not a zero sum game because the economy is tricky, but some areas have more growth, demand, and wages than others. Don't enter a stagnant or declining field. We have shitloads of statistics and projections available to us. Just play on easy mode instead of making things artificially difficult.
>>
>>37983531
Absolutely this, straight from the originality's mouth.
>>
>>37983574
also to broaden what i mean by panhandling

a huge thing now (at least in my state) is that people got fed up with normal jobs, and they now go into the streets caked in dirt like its makeup, shitty ripped up clothing, and hold cardboard signs begging for money like actual homeless would do

they make a few hundred dollars a day, run back to their hidden car after they've been out long enough, and go home to their houses making more than minimum wage employees do
>>
>>37982633
My dad actually knows its hard to get a job cause he was unemployed for a few years 2 decades ago so he doesn't pester me about this, and he knows things have gotten worse since then, but pretty much all of my extended family do this and act like it's the easiest thing to get a job. And then when I finally did get a job they give me this look like "That's the best you could do?" without actually saying it, while my parents are just glad I got a job.
>>
>decide to finally volunteer at the local animal shelter
>look at their website
>to volunteer you need to attend an information session then apply for a position
>all the positions have requirements, require you to submit a cover letter and resume, and go through an interview
>all of the positions that put you in direct contact with the animals are internal applications only
How the hell have they gone from begging for donations to smugly demanding 6 months experience to clean a litter tray? Some of these IT roles would elsewhere pay about $23/hour. They not only want it for free, but they're willing to demand you jump through hoops just for the chance. They're out of their damn minds.
>>
>>37983650
Because so many people want it so they'll get away with it
>>
>>37981600
This. They typically don't choose until all of their candidates are interviewed.

Don't wait around for an employer, just keep searching for work until one calls you to tell you you got the job.
>>
File: 1480030270052.jpg (7KB, 237x192px) Image search: [Google]
1480030270052.jpg
7KB, 237x192px
>>37981572
Anyone else awkward? My resume was a slamdunk but I couldn't answer their "icebreaker" questions. I even said "So do I come in on Tuesday to start?" since it was clear I was qualified

the guy just stared at me and literally fucking non-verbally said "you ain't getting hired".

I'm gonna burn his house down.
>>
>>37983679
>non-verbally

so he just stared at you and said nothing?

what a cockhead.
>>
>>37983536
That shit is so infuriating. Especially when it's a good 20% higher wages than the one accepted too. Are we supposed to be job hunting on the side while already employed? When between jobs we can't just sit it out because watching the emergency fund slowly dwindle is sickening.

>>37983574
Only a few jobs get away with it. Between regulations and training each employee is very costly. It's better to have less people to reduce management, legal compliance, and continued education costs down. It's also better for morale and culture.
>>
>>37981572
>We'll let you know

Code for "into the trash you go." If you pass the interview they either hire you right there or give you a date to come fill out paperwork, that's how all my successful interviews went, except for the one where they called me at night saying "we need you tomorrow" aka "we hired some Chad/Stacy/Tyrone and they quit on day one to go out drinking with their friends." So could also mean "we'll settle for you if no normies show up to interview." Basically if you hear that it's a queue to hop up on their desk and take a huge dump because that's the only waging you'll be doing there is waging a doodoo war.
>>
>>37983610
Just because the economy grows on some spreadsheet, that doesn't mean life gets better for everyone dude.

I'd rather have more affordable housing than cheaper burritos.

Just who are you and how have you capitalized on your "play on easy mode" strategy. lol. You sound like a basement dwelling libertarian.
>>
Does anyone else recall that person (I can't remember which board, maybe /biz/) who said that when he compiles applications for hiring someone, he immediately "shuffles" the stack and throws out the top or bottom half?

Do you think that really happens?
>>
>Get 1 interview out of 30 applications
>Manager said she'd call by next Monday if I got the job
>It's 6 right now
>Getting the urge to find and murder whoever got the job
>>
>>37983650
You could also try working for a pet store.
>>
>>37983697
He said he was gonna call me but with a really disgusted face.

It was just a call center job. But they kept asking me these really "jokey" questions and I kept answering seriously. I guess they thought I wouldn't be a good fit for "water cooler talk". Apparently that's a job requirement now.
>>
>>37983849
That's probably what I'll end up doing. If I'm going to have to apply for a job, it might as well be a paying one.
>>
>>37983861
"this guy clearly doesnt watch game of thrones like the rest of us, pssssh"
>>
>>37983861
>"water cooler talk".

fuck that shit. stay away from cell centers, man. they are the devil.

that guy is a fucking prick, and if he gave a face like that during an interview, then he's probably a huge douche when you have to work with him.
>>
>>37981572
Because time is money and taking 5 seconds to send a copy paste rejection email to you doesn't make them any money. Unless they want something from you, you don't exist anymore to them
>>
File: 1498379203668.png (17KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1498379203668.png
17KB, 633x772px
>tfw no job and hungry.
>>
File: 1441482420579.jpg (29KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
1441482420579.jpg
29KB, 640x519px
I'm tempted to just bullshit an entire application and resume for my next try at a wagecuck job. Look at the requirements and tailor my resume so that I'm the perfect candidate for the job

Should I?
>>
>>37983756
Of course it doesn't get easier for everyone, just the smart ones. I said as much in the post you're replying to. That's why it's good to actually think instead of making choices at random.

I'd rather stay anonymous so I won't say who I am. Young cishet white male shitlord in southeastern USA. As for which track to easy mode I chose, healthcare looked like an evergreen field. I got my BS and started out around 60k and shitloads of benefits while only working 3 days a week. It's not exactly easy or anything near cushy but with my current plan I should be able to move up to at least 90k and as high as 170k depending on what I decide for the masters and doctorate. I want to get a few years experience and network before settling on anyone direction. Might as well make entry level count. We don't really have basements in the region I live in, but I do tend to lean libertarian on a few issues. I'm more republican than anything though. Lolbertarians are ass backwards on most things. I just want rights for myself. Owning machine guns and selling heroin to children sounds interesting, but not if it means open borders and no public roads.
>>
>>37983955
You could set up a program that takes email addresses from all applicants, removes the successful ones, then sends all the rest a form letter rejection. You would think it would be built into their application software.
>>
>>37983975
If it's a crappy McJob that you don't actually want long term then yes 100%
>>
>>37983955
It doesn't take nearly 5 seconds for an automated system to generate a response. It takes a lot longer to waste man hours on phone or email replies though. In this case it is about not wasting money. HR can't make money because they don't provide any product or service to the market. It's all internal, think maintenance. Kind of like management in a way. It's a different entity from customer service, R&D, sales, and production.
>>
>>37984025
A system like that still relies on HR editing the list instead of just phonecalling the successful candidate and moving on.
>>
>>37984009
BS in what and what do you do?

What is the career path?

That's great for you bro, but are you really defending the insane levels of immigration we currently have? It not only destroys quality of life for people stuck at the lower end of the income ladder, but the culture suffers as well.

If you're really a "shitlord" you wouldn't be defending the policy you're defending. MAybe you don't know what it means. Maybe you're a phony.
>>
>>37983975
You mean you aren't already doing that with all applications? Shotgun approach rarely works, you have to tailor each submission, and bullshit is just par for the course when it comes to resume building. Unless you graduated from Harvard and Yale as valedictorian while still in middle school and regularly have conference calls with world leaders they won't look into it too deeply.
>>
>>37983104

I already do this, im a transsexual, mentally ill, gay muslim of non-white origin for every interview.

Im none of those things, I get more interviews.
>>
who else here
>"this personality test is 75 multiple choice questions and may take up to an hour to finish"
>you can not submit your application without taking this test

>question 1: if you saw a coworker stealing would you, report them, ask if they need money, assume they really need it, shit on the floor and screech
>>
>We'll call you if you got the job
>Oh, that's weird. I was eavesdropping on the interview you conducted with the girl who was ahead of me, and you told her to come in tomorrow, bringing some ID and to wear black pants and a black collared shirt. Seeing as this is just a fast food job and all, I would think once you find someone who's good enough, that's it, you hire them right there. You don't wait and see if some super-smooth master chef is gonna walk through that door to flip pre-made burgers and say "Have a nice day". So by telling me this, I can take it that I don't have the job, but you're just too big a PUSSY to tell me that to my face, so now you're gonna fill me with false hope and jerk me around. I mean, that's what everyone I know told me that means, that you're not interested. But I should just take that cue, right, I'm the one who's outta line for this. Except you're banking on the ambiguity, because if you knew I knew for sure what was going through your head, and that I knew you knew I knew, it would be just as awkward for you as the straight answer, so it's pretty clear you don't want it to be clear, never mind the fact that I am stressing out for a job here and will desperately cling to hope that maybe you will be different, you really WILL call me in the next few days. Oh no, the priority is that you feel comfortable. What's that? You're NOT trying to deceive me at all? You want me to walk away with no false hope, walk away knowing that I don't have this job? SO WHY NOT TELL ME THAT TO MY FACE YOU SLIMY LITTLE KIKE!!!!!!!!!!!

He respected me so much after that speech that I was promoted straight to manager.
>>
The last job interview I had, they said "we'll call you" and then within an hour they actually did call me to say I didn't get it. I don't know why they didn't just tell me in the interview room if they decided literally immediately that they didn't want me. At least I was told though.
>>
>>37984210
god fucking this

Job center mandates 34 hours of hunting a week, with the length of applications that shit averages out to like 5 job apps
>>
>>37984145
Nursing science. Odd choice of name for it as it's all practice. Any research we do is carried out on the floor so I wouldn't call it STEM until you get into some of the advanced practice roles. Currently I'm just a regular asswiper/floor nurse in a high acuity setting. Career Path is more likely Anesthesia or Informatics, but I'm not writing off Administration or Practitioner(acute/gerontology) just yet.

I'm not really defending it though. Immigration is the main reason I reject libertarian dogma and voted for Trump. I'm just defending my ass. I'm too lazy to become a terrorist so I see what the current situation is and try my best to navigate the sea of shit we're in. It's not a yacht by any means, but it sure beats the hell out of drowning in shit. I might be a phony but it's not like anyone else has a clue what they're doing. I have a half decent plan and am making it up as I go. Keikaku doori only exists in anime.
>>
Anyone else boycott businesses after they've rejected?
>>
>>37981572
luckily i just got on the bux, so finding a job isnt huge but still. i have been applying and it is just impossible it seems, i actually have work experience, i thought having some years under my belt as a programmer would finally mean the job search wouldnt be a pain but this is the hardest i have had it looking for a job since i got out of college.
>>
>>37984210
Worst part is you cant even keep your answers consistent enough because they just reword the same 5 questions 40 times. So you do all of that and it says you are crazy or a liar and they auto reject you. I dont even bother with personality test applications anymore.
>>
>>37984145
I think you misunderstood something man
>>
>>37983861
Had a similar experience. Walk in interview, I know I could do the job and I bet they would agree but all the other employees I saw were young chads/Stacies. Clearly I wasn't gonna fit in. So I didn't get it. I'm not sure why that should matter, hell, the less talking we all do the more time we work, but bosses are stupid and have picked up on some new age "healthy workplace culture" shit. And maybe that matters in some high level tech jobs, maybe the trade off Is worth if, but it doesn't matter and is not a net positive at a fucking call center. But in their minds you have to be a social rock star to be worthy of working at their shitty company.
>>
>>37984216
What actually happened
>"We'll call you if you get the job"
>"oh... ok... thank you Mr. Sheklesberg."
>>
>>37983884
I wish you the best. Working with animals should be a steady and comforting experience.
>>
File: 1494290593264.jpg (172KB, 640x845px) Image search: [Google]
1494290593264.jpg
172KB, 640x845px
>at end of interview:
>"Ok well I'm not actually the one who decides who we hire. The manager decides and if she likes your application we'll give you a call"
If you have no bearing on the hiring process then what was the point of the interview? This has happened to me 4 times, and the last two times I've wanted to say that, but I always don't on the off chance that it's true.
>>
>>37982775
Yeah you are such a piece of shit that if this is b8
>>
>>37986227
That pic never fails to make me kek
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 473x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 473x315px
>>37983248
The real answer is anyone who isn't AnCap master race.
>>
>>37983969
What are you doing for food right now?
>>
>network engineering

>have all the requirements and certifications

>not eligible because I dont have a secret clearance

fuck that shit

the only ways to get one is from a company for a job or from the fucking military
>>
>>37983475
this hits really close to home anon
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.