[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me what's so funny or cool about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: download (14).jpg (13KB, 310x163px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
13KB, 310x163px
Can someone explain to me what's so funny or cool about this normie tier shit show?

I just don't fucking get it, when it came out I tried watching a few episoded but it's just really painfully unfunny to watch.
>>
>>37979494
They do a good job of taking high-concept science fiction and putting it in the background of sitcom relations. I think the family is terrible though, they could have done a better job on them, but whatever.
>>
>>37979494
I like it. It's pretty funny with all the ridiculous shit that goes on.
>inb4 redditfag
Who could ever imagine that someone would have their own opinion different from yours?
>>
What shows do you find cool or funny?
>imb4 no answer
>>
>>37979494
>Can someone explain to me what's so funny or cool about this normie tier shit show?
I dont get the people who praise or spit on it. I've watched - pretty interesting concept but it's far from being masterpiece. However it's not that bad.
>>
>>37979577
>le time travel alternate dimensions space guns aliens xD
this is high concept stuff? you should check out the Jetsons too, such smart and witty science fiction
>>
It's basically reddit the show. Bland concept, shit implementation
>>
>>37979494
The emperor's new school is fucking dogshit compared to the movie. You're right anon, I don't get it either.
>>
>>37979780
I swear every single thread were the op says he either hates r&m or doesn't get why people love it this deflection always happens
I agree with op i don't get why people like this show, tried watching the first episode and didn't laugh at all, the animation hurt my eyes and the voice acting hurt my ears so don't try and say
>it geds bedder :))))
>>
>>37979579
>le so random XDXDXD
When are you going to leave this website?
>>
>>37979947
You know the only people that watch it are reddit when every comment defending this garbage is
>I can see where you are coming from but
>thats your opinion and mine I'd this.

Why can't they ever just make a solid stand for anything?
>>
>>37979857
Reddit btfo. Seriously, good reply. Anyone who claims reddit and memey is high science or whatever is delusional.
>>
The humor isn't really my cup of tea, but I liked the cartoony sci-fi stuff, because it reminds me a bit of the Ratchet and Clank games that I played when I was younger.

Also that episode where Rick accidentally mutates the entire human population is interesting to me because of how grim it is.
>>
>>37979857
>you should check out the Jetsons too, such smart and witty science fiction
Kek
>>
It's a cancerous as fuck show that only normies watch
>>
>>37979494
What i like about it is it's generally nihilistic tone which you don't see a lot on tv and definitely not in American animation. Rick can do anything and everything yet he's depressed because life loses meaning when you have nothing left to reach for. While that's pretty gloomy it also has a light side to it. Because rick has everything he realized the only thing that's really important is his relationships and experiences with others which is why he takes his grandson morty on adventures with him all the time.
>>
>>37981243
>nihilistic
reddit
>depressed
reddit
>relationships and experiences
reddit
>>
>>37981283

>nihilistic
r9k
>depressed
r9k
>>relationships and experiences
r9k's unnatainable dream

Fixed it for you
>>
>>37979494

tell me what show you like, and why
>>
>>37981283
>Using bullshit identity politics as an argument
Ironically this is actually something reddit would do
>>
>>37981283
Can you explain why you dislike it then?
>>
>>37979577
>"""High concept science fiction"""

Read Egan cux.
>>
>>37980066
>Why can't they ever just make a solid stand for anything?

They're spineless and afraid of downvotes. There's never any debate, they're all scared of upseting each other
>>
>>37979857
I realize you think "high concept" means I'm saying that it's very smart and nice and good, but what I actually mean is that they take very specific scifi concepts and make it the backdrop of a given episode, and that they do a good job of rotating through ideas. You know, the actual definition of high-concept.
>>
>>37979494
Rick and Morty satirizes redditfags yet they're the only retards who watch the show
>>
>>37980114
Dropped you off my reply, but wanted to make sure you knew high concept and high science aren't the same thing you idiot.
>>
>>37979494
I liked the first season because it was very improvisational and didn't take itself seriously.

when season two ended with Rick martyring himself as Johnny Cash played I stopped watching.
>>
>>37979494
Dunno, but it really is a stain on the adult swim original show canon.
>>
>>37982008
>Johnny Cash
Oh dear
>>
>>37981914
>>37981949
You're just making shit up in order to justify being a redditor, but it's not helping your case, redditfat.
>>
I like it because of the pretty flashing colors and moving shapes also sometimes it gets sad and since I'm always happy I fond that interesting. Its high Quality entertainment like Scooby Do (BTW Scooby Do better than Sherlock) So you can eat it kid XD.
>>
File: 1497795190584.jpg (134KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1497795190584.jpg
134KB, 900x900px
I FUCKING HATE REDDIT. REDDIT IS LITERALLY THE FUCKING DEVIL. HANG ALL REDDITORS ON SIGHT
>>
>>37982062
You are currently using a computer, you can easily google it and disprove me, but you won't because I used that phrase exactly correctly.
>>
It's funny because it's le random. Szechuan sauce get it? hahaha.
>>
File: 1474230073268.jpg (154KB, 702x702px) Image search: [Google]
1474230073268.jpg
154KB, 702x702px
>>37982114
S-shut up leddit!
>>
I dont understand why people make a big deal about things they don't like, such as this faggot:
>>37979494
Its like, you have free will, and with it, you complain about shit that doesn't matter.

I hate the show Mr. Robot, and I hate Digimon. But I don't need to tell the internet.
>>
>>37982313
but mr robot is so cool and he's antisocial like me
>>
Fell out of favor with me, especially after I started watching Archer.
>>
>>37979494
Gods not real morty
>>
>>37979494
It's the 2010s version of the Big Bang Theory
>>
it's literally futurama 2: electric bogaloo prove me wrong
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.