[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT, most redpilled movies. >American Psycho Patrick Bateman

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (12KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 300x450px
ITT, most redpilled movies.

>American Psycho
Patrick Bateman has a robot soul wrapped in a Chad's body and personality. He may not be depressed or a virgin, but his apathy towards other people and the world are understandable. As we see this world throughout his eyes, we realize that it is nothing more than an a sanitized bee hive. The people he encounters have the look and the money, but are shallow drones. They have no meaning and no depth. The world of the movie is bland. Even Bateman is, as demonstrated by his lack of hobbies. He exists for the sole purpose of existing. His fantasies stay in the realm of dreams, and people cannot believe he could do such things as mauling and killing co-workers.

Ultimately I believe he's a good illustration of what a robot born in the wrong body would be, and that life, even with money, is pointless and not worth living.
>>
American Psycho is a very bad movie adaptation
>>
File: we're so edgy harhar.jpg (108KB, 495x350px) Image search: [Google]
we're so edgy harhar.jpg
108KB, 495x350px
every fucking 4chan autist that looks like (pic) thinks he's bateman lmao

it's so fucking cringe. like no, you look like fucking steve urkel
>>
>>37973668
Relating to =/= thinking you are someone
I relate with Hitler, but I don't believe I'm like Hitler.

>>37973658
I don't read books.
>>
>>37973853
I said what I said. They've also practiced talking like Bateman in the mirror and try to mimic his behaviors.
>>
>>37973658
It's not that bad, just not so gory.
>>
>>37973658
Well it leaves some quite important things out. Like his relationship with Jean. Well it doesn't leave it out, but for example that scene how they were kicked out of the restaurant and she laughed at it. That was actually my favorite moment of the whole book, because Patrick was faced with a woman who seemed to genuinely care for him and at times when he would start ripping into himself and having violent fantasies, she just simply laughed and loved him anyways. It just really showed how hard people can be at themselves and what kind of ridiculous thoughts could come to their mind even though there is no reason.

The gory scenes that were left out aren't my biggest concern. Overall I think the book was nice, but not because of the gore. I think Patrick was quite similar in a way to robots. He hated the world, always thought it was worse than it really was and was kind consumed by his hate, even though he had no reason to be. In his case particularly, since he had a good life. In a way I agree with OP. He was really a robot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.