[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw socially retarded >somehow landed a job in a movie

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1498366352335.jpg (417KB, 794x821px) Image search: [Google]
1498366352335.jpg
417KB, 794x821px
>tfw socially retarded
>somehow landed a job in a movie theatre
>start work tomorrow

What do lads?
>>
>>37968708
What do? Do laundry. You want to make a good impression on your first day by wearing clean clothes. Take some extra time in the morning to make sure your are as clean as possible, and don't smell bad.

Maybe review some grooming tips from the 1940's : https://archive.org/details/HowtoBeW1949
>>
File: 1485579474013.jpg (59KB, 439x386px) Image search: [Google]
1485579474013.jpg
59KB, 439x386px
>>37968708
You'll get used to it Its not so bad after awhile.
I work a job that requires me to talk to people a lot .
I'm still a fucking autist but I've learned how to fake talking to people and acting normal.
As soon as I'm out of work though its back to the same old autist shit.
went to a family gathering today legit just sat in a corner by myself.
people came up and tried to talk to me and I gave genuine response but I'm just no good at talking to people.
they would ask me about school or work then I'd respond it would get really silent then they would just walk away.
>>
File: 1498280038961.jpg (155KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498280038961.jpg
155KB, 600x600px
>>37968761
I debated trying the whole wearing a mask thing but I'm not sure how to do it. I try to tell myself I'm this person I'm not, but then I overthink why that's bullshit.
>>
File: 1484624556820.jpg (55KB, 280x454px) Image search: [Google]
1484624556820.jpg
55KB, 280x454px
>>37968797
Mines basically a set of lines I have that simulate a conversation but in reality I'm just running down a list of things so people don't think im a sperg lord. This generally works unless its my coworkers. they always want to talk about their personal lives. I don't care to hear about their personal lives nor do I have anything to share so I just end up walking around looking for shit to do.

In the end think about it less as putting on a mask and more as completing a task at least that's what helps me.
>>
>>37968708
Make sure to bring some gum to offer to your co-workers or to costumers. It's a neat trick to appear more likeable, it also gives you a topic of conversation.
Also try to wear whatever feels the most comfortable to you on the first day. People can sense you're uncomfortable, and it repulses them subconsciously.
>>
>tfw first day at my first ever job in wal-mart tomorrow

I wanna die.
>>
>>37968708
Also socially retarded working at a theater here.

Eventually, the scripts sorta burn themselves into your brain. You move into a sorta sunken-place state where you could socialize if you wanted but you're most likely gonna just repeat back "Alright, one for Transformers, that's gonna be in theater 6 on your left".

I had some really fucking hot girl come up today and I didn't say anything beyond what I'm programmed to say. It sucks, but she smiled at me so that was nice.
>>
>>37968708
At which position?
Ushers are pretty comfy, but Projectionist seems like the ultimate robot position.
>>
>>37969014
>gum gives you a topic of conversation

>"y-you like gum"
>"yeah"
>"woah, me too. whar kind of gum do you like"
>"just regular"
>"woah, me too"
>>
>>37968708
you sound exactly like me three years ago
I worked with a bunch of people who hated the job and just dicked about all day, so it was really tolerable until I made an enemy of the manager
>>
>>37969057
You can make it lad.

>>37969143
Customer Assistant. Cleaning screen rooms, serving customers, preparing hot food, etc.

>>37969431
What changed for you in the past three years, senpai?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.