[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>NEET for 5 years >finally decide to start job hunting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: 1497555369749.jpg (50KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1497555369749.jpg
50KB, 380x380px
>NEET for 5 years
>finally decide to start job hunting
>can't even apply for retard work like dish washing or janitor without professional references
>>
File: 20170420_131943.jpg (95KB, 298x362px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_131943.jpg
95KB, 298x362px
>be NEET
>officially working for parents business for several years now
>actually not working for them they only ask me to do filing every so often
>get paid weekly for doing nothing
>resume has several years of office work on it

I know its cheating but still.
>>
whats a job that a neet with no reference can get
>>
>>37962824
Volunteer work. Those place love being references
>>
>>37962824
McDicks will usually hire you even if you have no references, you could also just put your mom as a reference and put her name as something else.
>>
>>37962861
cant get paid tho need the the cash now
:(
>>
>>37962741
Just because they ask for a reference doesn't mean you have to give them one haha
>>
>>37962824
I applied to meijer online and got hired despite doing nothing for four years after high school.
>>
>>37962882
Too bad. You want references? You need to volunteer
>>
>>37962741
Lie you pleb.

Have you ever sold something on ebay?
- Meeting customer order/product demands and handling international shipping.
- Meeting demands in high pressure environment and negotiating with customers on an order to order basis.
- Self organization and initiative when providing support and assistance to customers who have had a problem with their item.

Bullshit until you make it, what's the worst that can happen to you after you've already lived as a NEET? You just go back to being a NEET.
>>
>>37962940
I work at Target and we will find out if you lie, and you WILL get blacklisted.
>>
>>37963126
blacklisted from what? the fucking work force?
>>
>>37963236
>>37963126
Thanks guys legit made me laugh. We're all gonna make it.
>>
>>37963126
doing the lords work anon
keep these guys scared off so no LOSERS slip into your workplace to STEAL the opportunity to make that minimum wage
>>
pena es... vomitar la once
>>
>>37962741
I felt the same way, theres one of two realizations you can make.

1. Employers don't give a shit If you actually have references/qualifications for a lot of these shit tier jobs, its just HR bullshit, you can be hired with an ok interview regardless.

2. Theres a good chance they wont call your 'reference' anyway, especially with a half decent interview. you can just lie on your resume. If you get caught, who cares?

3. Bonus meme tier advice. Just apply to as many jobs as possible. personally, I held myself back from applying to jobs I didn't feel like I deserved. Once I started applying, guess what? I got rejected from every single one for months, but It felt a hell of a lot better than sitting around doing nothing.
>>
>>37963992
I read the rest of the thread, don't listen to this blacklisting bullshit, these retards don't know what they're talking about

This place is a fucking crab bucket
>>
>>37962824
There really is none. You may be SOL
>>
>>37963126
Wow, being blacklisted from fucking Target. Talk about stuff nightmares are made out of.

I remember applying and getting a job at Target when I was in high school. I went, took the drug test and then decided I didn't want it. I just didn't respond to any of their contact attempts and never went back. So I'm pretty sure I'm blacklisted from Target, but it hasn't effected my life in any significant way.
>>
I want to do manual labor, but all the labor jobs are in the city far away. Either that or you need to already be some kind of master mechanic. Just let me mindlessly break rocks or something!
>>
>>37964119
No no, if there was hard work available that gives young men fair and livable wages, young guys would be far too free and powerful and not docile, and we can't have that!
>>
>>37964023
I'm going to keep typing, because its better than wading through more trap threads on this fucking shit board.

Eventually, you just have to take the red-pill that its all a numbers game. Sure, you can wait until the perfect opportunity to get hired, and only send out a small number of high-quality applications.

Or, you can spend an afternoon sending out wave after wave of application. change one or two words of your cover letter, go to your favourite job listing website, and go down the list. Turn off your brain. Are you under-qualified for this job? Overqualified? maybe its impossible for you to commute to this location, as its too far away. Doesn't matter, keep those applications flowing.

Sure, It hurts to be rejected, but even through the perspective of minimizing rejecting this approach makes more sense, as low effort applications being rejected many times hurts a LOT less than a few high-quality applications painstakingly sent out, to not even get a single response.

Just try it.
>>
>NEET for 8 years
>have developped a chronic sleeping disorder through out the years
>got hospitalized into a psychiatric hospital
>diagnosed with autism
>aquired legal right to receive unemployment welfare for disabled people
>never have to work ever
>>
>>37962824
Door to door sales. They hire literally everyone because they don't have to pay you unless you sell shit
>>
I've been trying to get a job since I was 16 (I'm 25 now). I applied to countless areas, did volunteer work (although it's was almost impossible to get since most spots are taken up by force to do it by the court system ), got an associate of arts, and had wonderful interviews (even came back for second ones). I always got the job taken away from me by a fresh out of high school stoner who can't even do basic math. What I'm trying to say is, it's all luck.
>>
>>37964249
Same thing here, but I don't have autism. I hate living off of society.
>>
>>37964345
>I've been trying to get a job since I was 16 (I'm 25 now)
>What I'm trying to say is, it's all luck.
You are literally retarded buddy. And I don't mean that in a rude way. It's like legitimately just the truth.
>>
>>37964249
What country do you live in, anon?
How old?

originoee
>>
>>37964397
Nope, I've never been lucky. I had a gf who was lazy af. Got shit grades in school. Never workerd. Never volunteered. Overweight and never interact with anybody. She got the first job she ever applied for.
>>
>>37964458
Dude if you've been trying to do something for NINE YEARS and had NO SUCCESS, you seriously are literally retarded. You're delusional too since you think you somehow had "wonderful interviews," which I'm sure is part of the problem.
>>
>>37964424

I live in Belgium.

26 years old.
>>
>>37962741
honestly anon what i would do is just fake some refrences and go off that and say that emplyeers my NOT contact these people. thats just what i would do
>>
>>37964397
>>37964249

I'd collect neetbux if i could.

I have a ba and my professors said I should look into graduate school. I did not get any letters of recommendation though, and I've been mostly unemployed ever since graduating (with honors), so I dont think a normal life iis possible for me.
>>
>>37963126
Sorry but your fake company store nearby went bankrupt, so you shouldn't cause any trouble.
>>
>>37964592
It also depends a lot of what country you live in. If you live in some west-european country with a highly developed social security... Then you're lucky. also here were I live , it's VERY easy to find a job. even with 0 xp or education.

but yea, for ppl outside of EU it's hard, I can imagine. don't know how it is in US tho, but I've heared Japan for example is hard to survive.
>>
>>37962741
You just lie and act confident. They wont check all the sources. Not a dishwashing job at least. It should be easy, you lie to yourself everyday you pathetic weeb peice of shit
>>
>>37964592
Sorry to here about that
>>
You'll find something anon.
>>
>>37964703
>they won't check
This is how I got fired from In N Out within the 1st week
>>
>>37964497
Fuck off chad. Youre an asshole
>>
>>37962784
You can't be a NEET if you have a job you dip shit
>>
>>37964834
you may have gotten fired from the In N Out, but you also got HIRED by the In N Out.
>>
File: 83.gif (1MB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
83.gif
1MB, 500x378px
>>37962741

I didn't even know what a job reference was and why they're important until recently.

Given that I've been NEET for years I don't have any work experience but couldn't I just ask my parents who are self employed to write down on my CV that I've been a managing director or something for them for years so I look all experienced and intelligent and shit?
>>
>>37962741
>>37962824
just lie on your resume retards. Its not like they are actually gonna check if you worked at Target/walmart or something. Even if they caught you lieing, who gives a fuck, just apply to another job
>>
>>37962741
You're supposed to have friends who pretend to be your references.
>>
>>37965344
They usually say your references can't be related to you.
>>
I've been hired at a majority of the jobs I've interview for with fake experience and references. I even got hired by 3 shit holes within 2 weeks so anyone telling you it doesn't work is lying. I quit all of them though because I have AVPD.

Keep in mind this will only work with shitty minimum wage jobs.
>>
>>37965545
I put my parents as my reference and got multiple min wage jobs.
>>
>>37962873
OP I can attest to this it was my first job, no references even asked and they didn't even interview me
>>
File: 1498176492613.jpg (143KB, 489x738px) Image search: [Google]
1498176492613.jpg
143KB, 489x738px
>>37962824
You can work as a health care provider for one of your elderly family members.
Im pretty much geeting paid to chill at my house.its the best of both world Neets and Wagecucks would never understand
>>
>>37965576
No min. wage employer will actually waste the time or effort to check into it. Slaves aren't worth it.
>>
>>37965608
Old people are so fucking entitled that they expect a young person to devote their young, hopeful life to taking care of some useless oldie. It's absolutely fucked up.
>>
File: 1497443823010.jpg (56KB, 697x675px) Image search: [Google]
1497443823010.jpg
56KB, 697x675px
>>37965644
Shes sort of a bitch but whatever. Its like doing chores around the house for like half an hour. I try to clean everything up really quickly so she stops bothering me about retarded shit.

Still there is no better job if youre a retard like me. And have a bareable relationship with your grandpa or grandma. Im getting paid 12.5 dollars an hour, 35 hours each week
>>
>>37965723
You probably have poor social skills. If you want a normie job will have to penetrate normie society and learn their ways. Only then will you be accepted and valued for your robotdom.

I know that's confusing, you may think, "But I have excellent social skills, I'm very nice! Etc". You will learn the hard way, that normie society is cruel and mean, sort of like 4chan but even worse. You must learn their ways. There may not be any job opening in your town, then working from home is an option, don't fall for the meme that "There's more jobs than people!" People create value, you can make a place for your self in the world if you use brain and body, or die trying.
>>
File: eK0YqmP.jpg (46KB, 610x600px) Image search: [Google]
eK0YqmP.jpg
46KB, 610x600px
I was in the same spot. NEET for 8 years, 33yo. I was trying to be a warehouse bitch, Walmart/ Farm Fresh night stocker, night auditor, or nighttime security guard for around a month. I had no references and didn't lie about my employment gap. No luck or calls aside from the bullshit you get from giving your info out online while applying. Still, you should try to get these jobs if you can, as they're common recs for threads like these to robotard NEETs.

I failed, so I bit the bullet and spread my cheeks. I saw an ad on craigslist for a dishwasher that was just a few hours old. I walked in and got the job basically, and went in the next day. The only thing is I fucked up and put in my preferred salary when I should've kept my mouth shut. I put in 9/hr when it would've been 10 like the owner said during the interview, but the owner saw afterwards and gave a bullshit story about messing up. Anyway, it's 75 a day instead of what would've been 80, but it's under the table so I don't get Jewcucked. Plus I got 2 free meals a day, new drug connections, and this tall chubby waitress sort of flirts with me and she might be DTF. I can buy a bunch of computer upgrades and drugs now. I'm also trying to build a homelab to learn CISCO shit for certs. Life is looking up for me, even if I'm still a huge loser.
>>
>>37966003
Call centers are a great job for getting into the tech industry. Any job on a resume is better than no job, because it shows you can hold down a job, and you have soft skills. (People skills, for the tech industry). This is all I know because it is all I do. Lying on your resume works too if you're actually capable of doing the job, and you can manage not to get convicted of fraud or anything.
>>
>>37966072
It's much better to craft a presentable resume. It's important that you keep this resume as time goes on, so you can make modifications and edits as appropriate. It might be useful to start with a template as to make it appear more professional.
>>
File: 1399617134770.gif (766KB, 402x360px) Image search: [Google]
1399617134770.gif
766KB, 402x360px
>>37966072
>call center
>mfw
I just want to have a cushy IT job with a lot of downtime for me to browse the internet or do bodyweight exercises while waiting for something to do that needs my skills. I heard CISCO/Networking is the path for such a thing, but a call center sounds like hell for someone like me/us/socially fucked NEETs.
>>
>>37966265
It's not that bad, but you'll probably end up getting your shit fucked by an employee or a customer and end up fired eventually. You'll learn from your mistakes though. Or if you're really fucked you won't be able to make it through training.
>>
>>37966405
Edit: It is really bad. It sucks. But for some people it's worth it. sadasasdhafhsghsdfhds
>>
File: banana 2.gif (407KB, 535x480px) Image search: [Google]
banana 2.gif
407KB, 535x480px
At least you don't have a criminal record. No business will touch me because of it so I do stuff like web design and writing sleazy romance novels to sell as amazon ebooks. The only thing that keeps me going is the faint hope that one day I'll win the lottery and be able to live a quiet life alone without this kind of stress.
>>
>>37966491
I have a crimal record but I got my felony sealed, my state allows for one felony to be sealed. But you have to not appear to be a criminal to get that to work. I got a DUI too, but I got a public attorney, and helped him work on my case ((which I was innocent)) and was never convicted.

I was innocent of the felony, but was convicted.
>>
>>37966535
I definitely did what I was accused of. Pled guilty and since I was a minor when I did it I got off fairly easy. I haven't broken laws since then but it's bad enough to be a scarlet letter.
>>
>>37964703
>dishwasher
>5 years experience REQUIRED
>3 at a 5-star establishment with glowing recommendation by management and head chief taken under extreme consideration
>>
File: 40.jpg (52KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
52KB, 500x471px
>>37962741
you don't need to have past experience to find a shitty job

just talk about shit you did at school that demonstrates some competence, market yourself as highly motivated individual who will come to work on time and will try to climb up the ladder

it's all a ruse, normie smoke and mirrors
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.