[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, does anyone here have "real" jobs or do you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

File: 1496452757705.jpg (128KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1496452757705.jpg
128KB, 800x800px
So, does anyone here have "real" jobs or do you just sit at home?
>>
>>37959230
I kinda do both. I have a real job, but I work from home. I'm a OA for an ok software company.
>>
>>37959230

I'm a banker. I have a corner office and do good work but I'm known as a no-nonsense pro that is anti-social. Pros are people don't fuck with me. Cons are I get all the hard shit since I do whatever it takes including canceling vacations and coming in on the weekends to get shit done.
>>
>>37959230
Im a forklift driver / warehouse peon
>>
>>37959230
Programmer.

Code by day, shitpost by night.
>>
>>37959278
>I'm a banker.

Fuck you. Scumbag
>>
>>37959278
Are there hard shit at a bank? When I worked at a bank the only thing the people in the offices did was make account. That was pretty much fill info in on the computer and the program would tell them what to do.
>>
>>37959230
No one wants to hire me. It's been over a year since I graduated.

t. electrical engineer
>>
>>37959372

Fuck you, retard. I work at a community bank. In the 6 years I've been here we only foreclosed on 4 people. 2 were voluntary and the other 2 were because we tried to work it out but the fuckers lied to us.

>>37959421

I'm an underwriter. I do the hard analysis and write approval packages that are typically 30-60 pages long for loans. The loan officers (sales people) have it easy. They just find someone who wants a loan and we in credit do all the hard work including reviewing all the legal documents. Tellers and secretaries typically handle making new accounts and what not, which I don't do.
>>
>>37959230
whos the qt 3.14 in pic related
orginal
>>
>>37959477
No, fuck you. Scum trash
>>
I'm a software developer but the corporation I work for is so big that I can basically get by doing nothing
>>
>>37959230
Well, i have a confession to make. I'm actually 13 so, no i don't have a job
>>
>>37959230
I work at a rocket factory reworking aluminum parts. The pay is pretty solid but I really really hate it.
>>
>>37959230
I'm a freelancer web developer and I just sit at home. I only go out once or twice a month to buy groceries. I haven't found a grocery store that has delivery. Once I found it, I won't need to go out ever again.
>>
>>37959230
I do IT shit at a local ISP, so probably not "real" job, but whatever.

At the end of the day, I either do a bit of overtime for extra money for something I want or just go home and masturbate/play video games. I have nothing else waiting for me at home.
>>
>>37959230
I'm a field engineer for a defense contractor.

Because I'm basically soulless and have no life, I let my employer send me wherever they want, whenever they want, to support ECE work on various systems.

Actually have a flight tomorrow. Don't know how long I'll be gone.
>>
>>37959493

Find a replacement for financial institutions. I'll wait, retard.
>>
>>37959230
Im a QA Analyst, im taking a good rest lurking in 4chan
>>
>>37959606
Bartering fish would be a step up from dealing with you human filth
>>
>>37959230
Drive for Lyft.
If you're an oldfag NEET the schedule syncs up perfectly with you
>wake up at 1pm
>normies go out to drink and 'party' at 11
>they finish around 3am
>all you need is mom's car
>come back at 4AM and watch anime till you fall asleep

You'll technically make less than minimum wage, but it's a job.

The only better bot jobs are mailroom, security guard or investing.
>>
I basically freelance doing computer stuff, among other things.
>>
>>37959644

>every society on earth except for some Indonesian, Brazilian, and African tribes moved away from barter systems thousands of year ago

So do you have a lip plate or a nose bone you fucking savage.
>>
>>37959676
>>every society on earth except for some Indonesian, Brazilian, and African tribes moved away from barter systems thousands of year ago

And yet it's still a step up from shit faced bankers, really activated my almonds
>>
>>37959705

You have no understanding about banking and yet you're here talking shit. Last week I closed a $7.3 billion dollar senior secured facilities for Transdigm Corporation - the largest aeronautical supply company in the world. Go online, get their financials (they're publicly available) and find me a better financing solution. I'll wait.
>>
File: 1495093162859.jpg (15KB, 406x406px) Image search: [Google]
1495093162859.jpg
15KB, 406x406px
>>37959845
Fuck you. You're a piece of shit, I hope your tires get slashed and your mom gets raped
>>
>>37959230
30 hours a week for 7 quid an hour working as a kitchen porter in a high end pub. gives me money for smokes and games so im happy
>>
>>37959883

>doesn't know shit about finance
>talks shit

Typical. Reminds me of the Occupy Wall Street days.
>>
>>37959883
Why are you being so mean to him? Did a bank throw you our of your home?
>>
I work as a financial analyst for a private equity fund.
>>
>on disability
>have a sugar daddy I'm not a girl, I'm only adding this spoiler because I don't want people to assume I am and get upset with me for it.
>program and do web design on the side, mostly for fun, but still charge for it
I actually have pretty decent cash flow given how little I spend. I'm pretty thrifty.
>>
>>37959535
MODS come get the b& !!! ! ! !
>>
Why does every in threads line these have cool jobs? I want a cool job. People with hs diplomas have cool jobs and I have an associates and haven't gotten called back for shit except sales work that I think are rip offs.
>>
I work as a baker and i babysit sometimes, its good fun
>>
>>37960066
WICHITA
I
C
H
I
T
A
>>
>R9K.
>Jobs.

Nice one mate.
>>
I transcribe from home. So does my gf
>>
>>37960103

Do you use a full keyboard or that annotated one they use in courthouses?
>>
I'm a chef, but Idk if I will be for much longer.
>>
>>37960149
At Wendy's? OriginaI
>>
I'm a surgeon. It's nice but I'm the only robot in a profession of normalfags.

I spend all my free time reading manga, listening to music and fapping.
>>
>>37960189
How the fuck do you even SURVIVE? I worked in an office setting for a few days and everyone there were turbo normies and I couldn't connect with them in the least. The roasties went on about their kids and the guys went on about playing poker together and their shitty music.
>>
How do I become a self employed engineer?

I want to just work odd jobs at home. Where would I even find paid projects?
>>
>>37960179
No, but I probably make the same. I work for a catering company that just got bought out a competitor
>>
>>37959672
>I basically freelance
So you're saying you're a delusional NEET?
>>
jobless, university student here (for system analist), 20 years old, no gf.

found 4chan yesterday, second comment I`ve made here.

I think I will be here for a long time
>>
>>37960138
Just a standard keyboard. I use a wave. I also use a foot pedal to play and pause audio
>>
>>37960249
5 years of med school helped me build up an immunity to it, I'm good at ignoring whatever inane shit they are going on about. I can talk to other doctors and health care professionals just enough that they don't think I'm an anti-social areshole but they still get the gist that I like to be left alone. Talking to patients is easy because you're thinking about a lot of other stuff when you're talking to them, it's not an idle conversation as such.

The worst is when co-workers assume you're like them. The type of surgery I am doing is particularly reknowned for attracting rugby playing 'lads' so they are pretty out-going which is a bit shit. It might cause some problems the higher up I go.
>>
>>37960189

>wanted to be a doctor
>did an shadow day with a surgeon back in high school
>car accident comes in
>five (5) ambulances come in
>multiple car crash
>2 adults and 3 kids
>adults are fucking crushed - not sure why they fucking bothered with an ambulance since they were DOA
>the kids are pretty fucked up
>2 quickly pass
>3rd one survives
>security called to restrain a lady out in the lobby
>turns out she was the grandma on a road trip with her family.
>she was out in the front car
>a big rig lost control and crossed the median wiping out her kid's car
>she watched it in the rear view mirror
>doc has to go out and say 4 of them are dead
>her screams still haunt me

Don't know how doctors do it desu
>>
How easy is it to get an IT job without any kind of college degree, robots?
>>
>>37960484
It's not. I'm sure you can find some guy who has a small business, but anything major will turn you away.
>>
Public Accounting. Fuck everyone in that profession. All everyone wants to do is work, drink, and play golf.

It feels like I'm living two lives. The real side of me that just wants to browse 4chan, watch anime, read manga, and masturbate and then the fake side of me who pretends to know about sports, goes out drinking, and joins boards for non-profits.
>>
>>37960408
>The type of surgery I am doing

What's that?
>>
>>37960468
You sort of just have to get on with it, you cant keep thinking about everything that comes in and doesn't make it because you'll never get your job done.

I remember when I was working in A+E before I got my surgical job a newborn baby came who wasn't breathing. We got access, managed to intubate, started CPR and kept wacking in adrenaline and whatever else we thought would help. We must have carried on solidly for about an hour before my boss called it off. The whole the baby's two parents were there and obviously completely broken down. Once everyone had stopped the mum completely lost it. We had to tell them that their child (first child as well) who was only days old had died, shit was pretty bad. And as bad as that was, we still had the rest of the shift to do.

I work in a major trauma centre right now so I see loads of car crashes, motorcycle crashed, falls from big heights and gunshots/amputations/assaults. You just have to think to yourself that you can only do your best and whatever happens will happen in the end.

Still, it's rare that you see that everyday, my day job is quite easy desu. But then again I haven't been doing it too long and when I get more senior I might get more annoyed with it.
>>
>>37960611
Trauma & Orthopaedics. We're stereotyped to be the dumbest doctors in any hospital. Pretty reasonable desu.
>>
>>37960283
You should leave while you still can. 4chan will literally decrease your chance at a happy life.
>>
I fuel airplanes. Its pretty boring, a lot of the time I'm just on my phone waiting. Whole process doesn't take much time. I'm trying to find a side job just to get my out of the house on my days off.
>>
I'm an unemployed college dropout, 24yo and no idea what do I want to do. So far I hated everything I tried, including being an unemployed neet
>>
>>37959230

I have a job but I know you fucks don't consider blue collar, jobs
>>
>>37959360
I'm Head of Digital at a design house. I have an app and several games that are selling on app stores, I make videos and do CG and I'm constantly surrounded by hot girls that I work with. We all take a yoga class together of which I am the only male. I used to be fat but i'm almost normal now. I just come here cos there's some interesting chats going on most of the time. I also frequent /g/ and /tv/ and /pol/ a bit
>>
>>37960064
good jobs take groundwork anon. Everyone with a good job probably had to eat a lot of shit to get there. I did.
>>
>>37960688
My brother is a paramedic. I suspect they're all sociopaths. They enjoy the drama but cannot be moved by it. Sounds like a shitty way to live to me.
>>
It AnalYst. 2nd 3rd line

Its mostly something to get me through the day. Being able to help someone really gives a meaning to my life that i dont value at all.
>>
>>37960283
4chan is mostly edgy reddit memes nowdays but welcome and hope you get a job. 21yo here. Skipped uni. Got it apprenticeship and ended up leaving after 3 years to make 30k britbongs year. I was lucky. Make sure tou work hard if you want a good AnalYST career.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.