[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If, hypothetically, a private World of Warcraft server were set

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: WoW.png (240KB, 555x247px) Image search: [Google]
WoW.png
240KB, 555x247px
If, hypothetically, a private World of Warcraft server were set up for /r9k/:
>would you play it?
>vanilla, The Burning Crusade, or Wrath of the Lich King?
>PvE or PvP?
>increased XP rate or not?
>>
Ho! I like to dream!
>>
>>37953979
i wouldn't want to play any MMO with people who are predominately from r9k.
but hey, for what it's worth, you could break records for the WoW server with the most traps and trannies.
>>
I'd play it, yes. I had a toon on Kronos but it was deleted, I guess. Nostalrius is gone.
>>
most of the people playing private servers are already robots
>>
>>37953979
> he doesn't play the secret release of Star Citizen
>>
I played on a bunch already. Nostalrius, Scriptcraft, Elysium, Emerald Dream. I'm tired of Vanilla.

So I'm looking forward to Gummy's TBC. It'll probably be abandoned quick but I don't care. The first couple months are the best time to play anyway. I'm thinking about going druid this time. Druid in BC was strong as hell. Also I could steal healing gear as feral "f-f-for my healer set guys!? pls??"

But then again I'm fucking 29 now and the game is getting boring now. I added up all my /played and it was over A YEAR of my life I wasted...

I want a burning crusade server that doesn't suck dick. Corecraft never.
>>
Yes
BC
PVP
Normal experience with standard rested EXP bonus along with fatigued experience gain.
>>
>>37953979
Id play it. But there arent that many of us to do raids i believe.

Also what if it gains traction and all the normies start flooding in?

Also 70% arelnt virgins in this board amd they will form their little guilds and discord chat rooms
>>
>>37955951
>wasted

True but what else would you have been doing otherwise. Most of us inevitably were sucked into the game due to being ostracized by our peers
>>
>>37953979
>would you play it?
Hell yes.
I've played since vanills. All three have their charms, but I honestly had the most fun in WotLK. Just something about it. I loved it so much
>PvE or PvP?
I was always a PvE player, but I enjoyed the occasional battleground or world invasion, like attacking Tarren Mill/Southshore. Having the option of world PvP is nice, but I'm not a fan of it being forced.
Since it's a private server, I'd prefer no exp boost, but have the option to start at level 1, 60, 70 or 80. That way, you can either enjoy the game as it should be, skip into specific expansions, or just jump into endgame content. More options are always better.
>>
>>37956224
I gained hundreds of pounds playing World of Warcraft. I was literally a 450lb monster. I remember raiding AQ20 when that south park episode came out and I felt really bad because that fat guy with no life...

...that was me
>>
>>37956251
I see. I looked it up and it wouldn't be difficult to set up a small one. I'd have an IRC channel or a Discord server (ugh) where users can make their accounts. I wouldn't bother with a website or anything since it's just for people from /r9k/. The only downside is that I haven't actually played much WoW... Maybe 40 hours total throughout my life. So I'd maybe need some advice from long-time WoW players for how things should function and stuff. I'd trust your judgement over my own as you're more experienced.
>>
>>37956251
>>37956484
Forgot to mention, the ability to skip to a certain level sounds okay with me, since we're focusing on mainly PvE (it won't be a PvP world most likely). But maybe I'd add some sort of notification so you know if you're playing with a boosted character or not. Not for elitism, but to stop people from mocking low-level characters or something. I'm not sure. I doubt we'd get more than 100 players anyway and that's okay. How many players do you think we'd need for it to be worthwhile?
>>
>would you play it?
yes in theory but im already on a different private server so youd have to really convince me to come and leave my shit behind
all are good but for me its wotlk>tbc>vanilla
>PvE or PvP?
pvp
increased XP makes it more accessible for everyone. if thats what you want im not gonna join. if you want a true social failure sanctuary non increased is the way to go
>>
TBC raiding. Inc exp would be nice since i already played Blizz-like on Elysium, i just want to experience the raiding again.
>>
File: 1455539508150.png (432KB, 641x617px) Image search: [Google]
1455539508150.png
432KB, 641x617px
>>37955055
The most people RPing traps and trannies*
>>
>>37953979
sure, if there's a pop

any, although i doubt anyone here could develop a server and the stock servers are shitty af

pvp

1x and instant max characters. 1x that get max level get some sort of goodies
>>
>>37956418
I know that feel but I was 550 lol.
I'm at 209 now!
>>
>>37956503
>How many players do you think we'd need for it to be worthwhile?
No clue. I remember how professions used to require other professions to make things. I can't remember specifics, but I think, for example, blacksmiths made tubes and alchemists made fuel for alchemists. I'm not sure when they removed these requirements, but you'd have to keep thst on mind if these were still around.

And I get the idea of this system. Force professions to trade amongst themselves. But if the population is low, good luck with that.
>>
>>37953979
no, mmorpgs are a stupid waste of time.
>>
>>37953979
Wotlk but with toned down stats on shit. Nothing rubbed my autism wrong more than having hundreds of thousands of health, while getting hit for tens/hundreds of thousands at once. Yes, it's literally the same thing as bc but with an extra zero attached but fuck man, no bueno.
>>
>playing wow under any circumstance
"No"
>>
>>37953979
There wouldn't be any playing so no, everyone would be in the goldshire inn doing homo erp
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.