[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>going $100,000 in debt and spending 4 of the best years of

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: college-photo_27088.jpg (157KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
college-photo_27088.jpg
157KB, 500x334px
>going $100,000 in debt and spending 4 of the best years of your life to study a subject that you probably won't enjoy so that you have the chance of making $60,000 a year in a soul crushing white collar job as opposed to making $40,000 in a blue collar job
Is college the ultamate normie meme?
>>
>>37939361
>40k debt for 30k job

thats my scenario. I majored in worthless shit to so honestly it couldn't have turned out any other way
>>
>>37939361
>don't go to college: work until you die
>go to college: work until you die or get lucky
>do a trade: retire but ruin your body
Everything is a meme.
>>
where the fuck are these ___k numbers coming from?
most college grads will be getting their pay hourly
>>
>>37939430
Life is struggle and suffering, it's that way for every living organism on the planet.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you can make the most of it.
>>
>>37939432

if you take that hourly pay and double it that's roughly how much you make per year

For example:

20 / hr -> 40/yr

$20 * 8 hr / day * 5 day / wk * 50 wk / yr

= 40 k

that being said I would assume most college grads would be paid salaries and not hourly
>>
At this point, it's better to work blue collar, work tons of OT at the start and invest wisely than getting into debt. Unless it's something like engineering, or healthcare. Even majors like finance and accounting and economics are getting flooded with shitty grads who'll work for minimum wage
>>
>neet
smugpepe.png
>>
>>37939361
I am on a full tuition scholarship, work as an RA so my housing and meal plan is paid (plus $120 bux a month stipend to boot) and I get gubbermint bux which pay my fees. $0 debt for my bachelor's which will net me likely a $50k or more per year job. Suck it, neetcucks.
>>
>>37939500
That's my plan, I finish my electrical apprenticeship next year. The idea is that I'll work my ass off on overtime around the country and use the money to either invest or open my own contracting business.
>>
>>37939474
That's why I've been a neet for the last four years.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.