[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>work 60 hours last week >boss calls me at 4 >night

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: 1498328708818.jpg (120KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1498328708818.jpg
120KB, 500x471px
>work 60 hours last week
>boss calls me at 4
>night guy called out and i either come in or i'm canned
>>
tell your boss to go fuck himself.

but thats just my advice, a fellow neet.
>>
good goyim, slave your life away like a good wagie
>>
File: decoratedCake.jpg (437KB, 1024x802px) Image search: [Google]
decoratedCake.jpg
437KB, 1024x802px
>>37938678
this
if you work the shift he will make you work another 60+ hour week next month, or maybe even next week
>>
>60 hours a week
You're a slave, not an employee
>>
Just tell your boss to fuck off. Sounds like there isn't anyone else so he can go ahead and fire you if he wants; he will be glad once he finds himself shorter staffed. In a week he will be asking you back, and you can demand a raise and set schedule or you walk again.
>>
>>37938659
It's illegal for them to fire you over that
If you are full time, you do not legally have to work over 40 hours if you are getting paid by the hour.

Its different when you have a salary job though
>>
>>37938659
>night guy called out
call out
>>
Tell him you weren't scheduled and you're taking your night off. No problems.
>>
>>37939137

In a right to work state, this is absolutely NOT true
>>
>>37938755
slaves don't get paid, just because work is hard doesn't make you property
>>
>people think they can tell their boss to go fuck themselves without repercussions

I remember when I was that naive, the truth is we are all slaves, you get canned, you don't get unemployment, your employability goes down. If you're some kind of highly valuable person that might not be a problem but when you're a wage slave struggling there's only more hell at the bottom of that glass.
>>
>>37939166
>what do you think the Judge will say when deciding unemployment?
try a baby step of logic?how does anyone in YOUR state ever qualify for unemployment payments?
>>
>>37938659
So did the night guy who call in get canned as well? Call his bluff and tell him too bad.
>>
>>37938659
Wagie wagie, eggs and ragie. ;^]
>>
So I'm guessing your job isn't that important if they don't need you
>>
>>37938659

Don't answer your phone, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
tell him to get cancer and that you quit, dont waste your life like this please anon
>>
File: 1498343678991.png (2MB, 1200x1505px) Image search: [Google]
1498343678991.png
2MB, 1200x1505px
>>37938659
start applying to better jobs
>>
>manager is leaving for a couple months
>I have to take over temporarily
>no pay increase
>will have no choice but to cover absolutely everyone who can't make it because it will be "my responsibility"
And nobody likes me so they'll all be taking advantage. Hello working 24/7.
>>
>>37940076
Haven't seen any of these before, oc?
>>
>>37940758
>>37940076
Oops, meant to quote this guy >>37940500
>>
File: 1497655365500.png (669KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1497655365500.png
669KB, 1000x1000px
*clears throat suggestively*
>>
>>37940777

>>>/biz/2594413
>>
>>37940562
learn to negotiate and then demand a pay increase
>>
>>37938659
Should have said you aren't scheduled and you can't while you had the chance
>>
>>37938659
ask him if the night guy will get punished for not showing up. If not tell him to fuck off politely
>>
>>37938659

If you live in burgerland, depending on the state, there are legal limits to this shit. I used to work in a factory where business was booming but they couldn't keep up with demand, so they were constantly begging people to work with less than 24 hours' notice. Over time, some people just didn't come in and several were canned (meanwhile I kept my head down and just rolled with it because I liked the OT and I didn't have anything else going on in my life). This clutch of people, under one's leadership, brought legal action which established that the company was in violation, secured back pay + some settlement for the aggrieved/terminated employees, and offered them their jobs back (about half came back afterwards). These were not particularly bright people, mind you, but the lead workers understood the law.
>>
>>37939172
Good got, repeat this mantra to yourself daily.
>>
>fell for the stem meme
>got a "prestigious" degree
>deep in debt
>get a "coveted" job
>usually work over 60 hours a week
>get a "high" salary
>cost of living, taxes, and student loan payments destroys it
>still asian american
>still short

only four or five more decades of this and I can retire

yay
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.