[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the worst parts about getting old is that the protagonists

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1455689551310.png (77KB, 491x541px) Image search: [Google]
1455689551310.png
77KB, 491x541px
One of the worst parts about getting old is that the protagonists in stories are younger than you.

90% of TV is about hip twenty somethings.
90% of anime if highschool happenings.

When you're older than the protagonists, are you past it?
>>
How old are you? I'm 25 and I happen to not watch shows, and actually enjoy aging so far
I just wish I could find a community that fits me, but after years of solitary I developed into something odd
>>
>>37937957
Watch Twin Peaks.
90% of the protagonists are older than you.
>>
>>37938088
Turning 28 soon.

I think I'm entering the phase of life where I'm supposed to know what I'm doing and what I am but I've realised it's not that clear cut.

So many people I know are getting married and having kids but I'm single.
>>
>>37937957
I'm 21, and I get how you feel, OP.
I just can't enjoy anime as much as I used to, because all the characters are 12-19. are doing fun stuff, while I'm slaving my life away.
It makes me feel shitty, and I just can't escape like I used to.
>>
>>37938129
Watch as it gets worse as well. I only started reading a range of manga recently due to the apps, but it seems like half or more of them take place in a high school.

When you're working 9-5 every day, or worse, it's actually rather sad. The carefree times where you'd have weeks off for summer and Christmas are long gone.
>>
>>37937957
>are you past it?

Past what?

I enjoy anime and the reason why they have most of them set in school is because school is the most dramatic and most socially active time of a person's life. They want to have a story going on.

There's of course a whole bunch of millions of middle-aged salarymen who enjoy those anime series as well as us older westerners.

If there was a movie or anime series or video game based on me and who I am and what I'm like and what I do - there's no way I'd want to look at that shit.

If it bothers you that much, look at the 10% of series that aren't high school shit. Movies in general too are based on older demographics.
>>
>>37938178
>>Past what?
The age in your life where everything's possible and your day to day seems meaningful and full of promise.
>>
>>37938112
>So many people I know are getting married and having kids but I'm single.
Is that something you want? Or do you feel left out?
I have bipolar disorder and come from a broken home so I'm not even sure I want kids or even marriage. People from broken homes tend to continue the cycle.

I care much more about a fitting job as anything else, though if I am honest I wouldn't mind stop being single and having somebody support me.
>>
>>37938112
I'm 31 and only just now figured that shit out.

>So many people I know are getting married and having kids but I'm single.

Don't compare your own life to them, or to anyone else.

If you compare your life to normies' you feel sad and don't do anything to improve it. If you compare your life to that of genuinely autistic fucked-up robots, you feel kind of not bad about yourself, but you still don't do anything to improve it.

Focus on yourself and no one else. That's what I wish someone had told me like 10 years ago.
>>
>>37938212
It is something I want. I'd love to have a wife and a ton of kids. I've had a handful of relationships over the years and I want all that before I'm too old.
>>
>>37937957

It happens in sports (any sport) too. When I was a kid it was good to think and fantasize about becoming the best player in the world or something like that. Now players I watch on tv are younger than me. Makes me feel like im way too old and im not longer the future.
>>
>>37938193
Well sure there are some limitations on what you can do as a 25+ year old, but that depends whether or not you just totally abused the shit out of your body.

I can't really name a whole lot of names, because again I stopped comparing my life to other people's. but I know for a fact that there are people who became extremely good at what they do and they started doing in their 20s or even 30s.
>>
>>37938271
That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. It's too late to take an interest in a load of things because my body's already too old.
>>
>>37938232
You still have time don't let it weight to heavy on you. I personally agree with what >>37938214, but we might have different personalities so I don't know
>>
>>37938214
What did you figure out exactly? Are you happy now?
>>
>>37938271
>>37938291

When I was 21 I felt the same way because Georges Saint Pierre was my age and a world champion. Then I spent 10 years feeling sorry for myself and getting fat.

Now it's actually too late for that. it's over only when you give up.
>>
>>37937957
Yes! I'm 33 and I love TV and anime and none of the characters are my age, unless they are playing the husband or the teacher. It makes me feel like my life is over.
>>
File: 1478656985158.jpg (16KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1478656985158.jpg
16KB, 231x244px
>>37937957
Your feels are my feels too.
>>
>>37938271
>>37938291
>Makes me feel like im way too old and im not longer the future.
Kek, I felt this really badly when I was at the supermarket, and some kid walked through the aisle with a fidget spinner.

Some older guy (50's-ish) and I see him, and the older guy looks over to me and said, "Kids these day!" and laughed.

Made me realize I'm no longer "kids these days" at only in my early 20's.
>>
>>37938112
I'm 31 and I still don't know what I'm supposed to be doing. I just exist until my body stops functioning, trying to avoid unnecessary pain until death.
My career recently took an upwards turn financially, earning me more money than 3/4 of the population but it did not change my outlook at all. I still feel like shit most of the time and still see humanity as vastly overrated. If there was a button that destroyed all of humanity, I would press it without a 2nd thought.
Normies who project all sorts of meaning and importance on themselves and arbitrary subjects. Life is pointless and graveyards are full of "very important" people.
The arrogance of humanity as a whole probably upsets me the most. Apes that learned a few tricks and see themselves as God because of it.
>>
>>37938447

Would you like a purpose in life if I could give you one?
>>
File: file.png (682KB, 622x617px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
682KB, 622x617px
>>37938426
Yeah, you're an adult now. You're the guy not getting the latest lingo and fads. You're supposed to be the one disdainfully looking at the young folks.

It's actually sort of sad, isn't it?
>>
>>37938467
I don't know what you would suggest but I'm not yearning for purpose at all.
>>
>>37938321
>What did you figure out exactly?

Well just what to do with my life, as a career and as person. Audio engineering and music production.

I spent 10, actually closer to 15 years of my drifting through pointless college classes and working part-time and numbing my brain with vidya but music was always what kept me going, even as a young teen and a kid when my life was actually worse. Music made me feel alive and I want to give that feeling back to people.

>Are you happy now?

For sure. I cut a lot of shit out of my life. I don't care about world politics and arguing about it on the internet anymore, I don't come on 4chan except for weekends and maybe at night on weekdays, I barely play vidya except again a bit at night and on weekends, I went through all my stuff and threw out everything that didn't make me happy anymore, I also deleted facebook years ago, etc.

I'm happier and more at peace.
>>
>>37938642
Thanks for sharing that. I think happiness isn't as obvious as people would suggest.
>>
>>37937957
YES
I was on suicide watch after finding out that Iron Fist was 25.

Thank god the Red series exists, same with Expendables, or Space Cowboys. Ha ha, old people amirite?
>>
Most tv shows and movies are about 30+ characters.
>>
I hate how anime is about high schoolers.
It's harder and harder to relate.
At least I look 14. But it doesn't help because I'm still 22
>>
I like video game characters where the protagonist is old, even if he has the vitality of a 20 year old. The witcher series for instance.
>>
>>37939270
Watch Ghost in the Shell
Best 30 something anime
>>
>>37938504
>fidget spinners
>beanieinthesummer

Tamagotchis and baggy jeans were better anyway.
>>
that's how it happens

everything you cling to to keep you sane turns into a horrible burden

I often try to get back into anime or vidya but then wonder wtf I'm doing I'm a stunted manchild
>>
>>37939395
>>everything you cling to to keep you sane turns into a horrible burden
Oh wow that hurts.

I remember being a teenager and someone asking me why I was still into childish things like Mario. Nearly 30 and it's the only game I'm looking forward to this year.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.