[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw literally born without imagination,a minds eye or mental

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: over.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
over.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
tfw literally born without imagination,a minds eye or mental imagery.its like im blind,my memory is shit and i cannot visualize anything not even something that i was in a million times.i can not remember my favorite songs,the faces of anyone...i have no childhood memories literally none.all i remember is words for example when i was 5 i went to the beach with my mum and she bought me ice cream but i literally cannot picture the beach or the ice cream but i can remember that the beach is sandy.

anyone else feel like this?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2083706-my-minds-eye-is-blind-so-whats-going-on-in-my-brain/

its called aphantasia and its literally hell,i feel like half a human and its probably why im so autistic depressed and logical and an intp.

explains why i cant draw and why im so good at abstract things like programming

im literally a ROBOT in the true sense of the world,literally a fucking machine who cant imagine or dream or visualise
>>
Hahaha op is a roaring faggot hahaha
>>
>>37934997
op is a massive faggot omg
>>
>>37935074
>>37935078
this is very distressing,you try being a depressed autist and you cant picture in your mind a different reality.its like being stuck in hell for eternity
>>
I'm a programmer too. I don't get it, does this also mean you are unable to understand charts and design graphics? Or are you unable to think of one in your head?
>>
>>37935102
i dont picture anything in my head except words and i go off that.for example when trying to get a picture of my dad in my head all i get is a very glimpse vague flash for a quarter of a second of him and then i just know his traits like dark skinned,glasses,balding but i cant tell you what his glasses look like or his hair color.
>>
stop crying about shit you cant change faggot. just own it, it makes you atleast somewhat interesting
>>
>>37934997
>tfw have all that and insane empathy
>can't watch horror movies
>cry at every tearjerker
>empathy wasted since I have no friends
Just kill me now.
>>
>>37934997

Hello friend,
I believe I have the same thing. I am unable to visualize anything. I remember being a child in school, there was often an exercise where we would be told to close our eyes and picture a beach or a square or some other object, place etc. I didn't see anything so I assumed its a theoretical thing like, everyone is describing a square to themselves like, 4 sides, 4 corners, sides are the same length. It wasn't until later in my life that I discovered literally everyone can picture things in their mind. I have done research into this and apparently there are different levels of ability however the majority have a strong ability.
I do however see colours when my eyes are closed, even when it is dark. The colours change like fading out to the next colour, blues, greens, purples, yellows etc.
>>
>>37935280
is your empathy visual or text based?,i cry in movies and anime but rarely get teary eyed when reading a post on 4chan or something
>>
>>37935303
just tried that beach thing and all i get is a very quick flash of a beach but none of the detail,like looking at something from space for half a second.you can make out the outline of stuff but its not accurate or detailed.how are you with music?do you remember tones and notes in songs?what about voices? i cant remember anyones voice except for example i remember i liked someones voice or that someones voice sounded girly or masculine
>>
>>37935303
>>37935280
>>37934997

I'm interested in neuropsychology and I have a random idea - have any of you tried mindfulness meditation? If what I suspect is correct, it may help in creating a sense of visual imagery
>>
>>37935388
i never tried it but im willing to give it a go if it helps.got any links to help?
>>
>>37935360
I can get the same sort of thing, a very brief undetailed flash. Sometimes just an outline. From the research paper I saw (it was done in the 1880s or something like that, you may be able to find it on google scholar), this would be the very low end of the ability range. If I remember correctly that's about what everyone who "can't visualize" can do, there doesn't seem to be a 100% lack of visualization, just very poor ability.
Up until a few years ago I heard music in a different way, I would not be able to hear any lyrics at all, it would all just blend together. I can remember some parts of the songs I like but only in my head, if I tried to sing it then it would be terrible.
As for people's voices, I unfortunately can't remember them and it's quite upsetting sometimes. I know I like some people's voices, I know they sound nice, relaxing and so on. But I can't remember what they sound like. Once I asked someone if I could phone them to hear their voice but it came across as weird because I'm pretty sure everyone else can remember what people sound like.
>>
>>37935423
Try downloading the Headspace app, it's got a free 10-day course introduction course that can help teach you the basics
>>
>>37935423
Also this link looks good

https://www.mindful.org/meditation/mindfulness-getting-started/
>>
>>37935500
what kind of music do you listen to?.do you feel as if the flash is very taxing on you and its like a rubber band that you can stretch for half a second before it snaps and you lose the image in your head?
do you know your mbti type?
>>
>>37935307
What kind of retarded question is that
>>
>>37935566
A variety of stuff I suppose but I tend to stick to the same handful of artists. Modest Mouse is good, but then I also like Death Grips, and Keaton Henson. So its a bit mixed.
I'm not sure about taxing but it is very quick and disappears before I've had time to really see it.
I don't know my mbti type, I could search for a test and tell you in a bit. I'm a bit wary of tests like that though because I'm pretty sure I could get any result by thinking about what sort of answers that type of person would give.
>>
>>37935635
if you read a story about some dudes dog dying do you get teary eyed?
>>
>>37935670
dont read the mbti types beforehand and answer as honestly as you can be with yourself even if you dont like the answer
>>
>>37935707
Your Results
The Logician (INTP-T)
Analyst
Constant Improvement

Introverted 90%
Intuitive 58%
Thinking 79%
Prospecting 57%
Turbulent 82%

Seems about right I guess.
>>
>>37935805
im also an intp-t.with very similar % iirc.are you a virgin neet as well?
>>
>>37935862
Not quite, I somehow managed to get a girlfriend with sex when I was 13, that lasted for a couple of months. And then a one time thing when I was 16. Nothing since.
>>
>>37935892
and how old are you now?my theory is that when people are young people cant tell you arent normal but as people get older it becomes more apparent something is wrong with you

do you remember what sex and a vagina feels/smells like?
>>
>>37934997
Do you think you could get bux from this? I actually think I might have this, I've never been able to see things in my mind, up until now I just assumed it was normal.
>>
>>37935985
maybe if you live somewhere with a really good wellfare state and you have other mental ailments
>>
>>37935950
23. I think that is true, as a child any differences are essentially ignored, as a teenager they are put down to being a teenager, it is only when you become an adult when it is blatantly obvious that something is wrong.

No, unfortunately not. I wish I did. I can remember that the inside of a vagina is sort of bumpy.
>>
>i can not remember my favorite songs
Wait, does it affect memory?
You have learned about Pepe jpgs, and where they are apropriately used. You can remember this website's address. Hell, you can remember how to type words.
Why should remembering your fav songs be any different?
Or is it more like "Cannot form attatchment to songs"?
>>
>>37936457
I Dont picture pepe in my head,i get a thought in my head that its a frog and thats its green.my memory is really bad but im really attached to music.music is really hard to explain for me but its just that music makes me feel good and some songs make me feel better than other songs
>>
>>37936457
I've thought about this and the only thing I can put it down to is factual information sticks with me more than non factual information. or well, not even information. I don't have an official ASD diagnosis due to conflicts with already diagnosed problems, but it may have something to do with the ASD, however ASD is a spectrum so it's difficult to say.

>>37936525
Like other anon I also am greatly attached to certain music but trying to recall the lyrics or tune when not listening to the song is very difficult.
>>
>>37936525
If you start listening to a song and you pause it can you hum the next 5 seconds of it from the previous audio that you were given?
>>
>>37936596
I'm >>37936566, I just tried this and as soon as the music is paused it is completely gone, I can attempt to make a few sounds but when unpausing the music it sounds nothing like the actual song.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.