[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

White to move. Here I can either take the d7 bishop, or give

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1.png (264KB, 536x553px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
264KB, 536x553px
White to move.
Here I can either take the d7 bishop, or give check on d5 and take the c5 bishop. What am I supposed to be thinking about to choose between these two options?
>>
>>37932136
The best move on this board is H4 to H5.
>>
Most of the time you should look to deny your opponent the colour of bishop you are likely to be attacking with.

I'd take the light squared one then look to open the A2-G8 diagonal by pushing the C5 pawn.

Then again, if you can outright win a piece it doesn't really matter.
Strong players almost insta-win after receiving that kind of an advantage.
>>
>>37932136
if you take the d7 bishop, your queen can be trapped after Bd6.
>>
>>37932136
yea he can trap your queen with rook to D8 and if you move and take pawn on c7 then he traps you with rook (king) on f7

just check em and take his bishop
>>
>>37932176
Stockfish disagrees.
>>
>>37932136
Think about the queen's placement after taking. If you take on d7, black can play Bd6 and win your queen the next move with the rook. You could play c5 and eventually trade your queen for a rook and two bishops though, but winning the bishop on c5 is easiest
>>
Hit the loper?
>>
what program is this? chess.com has an insanely detailed chess program for free. it has analysis, coach mode, and everything you need to get from beginner to not sucking
>>
>>37932424
This is the tactics training on Lichess.
>>
>>37932289

Knight to g5 prevents that since you can force a queen exchange by checking on e6
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.