[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what point in your life, did you finally come to the conclusion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0879.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0879.png
2MB, 750x1334px
At what point in your life, did you finally come to the conclusion that the way you live and what you experience is solely based on your genetics?
>>
>>37922457
It's not -- there are environmental factors as well.
>>
>>37922478

And there's also a magical gnome who lives in my head called Free Will, and he enables me to break the laws of physics and operate independently of all external factors AND the physical structure of my own nervous system.

So really it's 0% genetics, 0% environment, 100% free will. Because if environmental or genetic factors impinged upon Will, he wouldn't be FREE Will. He'd just be Will.
>>
>>37922457
i hate to say it OP but this is a meme. i've watched a nasally-voiced 5'7 epitome of a dorkus with asthma turn into a muai thai champ, fuck a few girls, now have a steady gf, and major in comp sci with a 60k job lined up.

unless you someone threw acid on your face or you have a micro penis, you can make improvements that will improve the quality of your life. maybe not to bilzerian-tier but better
>>
>>37922758
He could only live that way AFTER the fact he put in the effort, no one liked him for what he was before, therefore people only like him superficially. OP still has a point, life is a genetic game whether people hate to admit or not.
>>
>>37922809
yea i guess you have a point there
>>
>>37922730
Making strawman arguments of everything is probably why you have gotten further in life.

I too hate the kind of people who go "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE, FREE WILL" and dismiss all genetic/environmental factors. But it is possible to make yourself more resilient, think more positively and rationally, etc. For example, some people have a lower resting metabolic rate due to genetics. This makes them prone to obesity. This doesn't mean that they will be horribly fat no matter what, though it does mean they have to work harder than the average person.

Some people, on top of such genetic crap, may have abusive upbringings, i.e. there are lots of fat people who grew up with parents who forced them to overeat. Since it is extremely hard to rise above both a genetic disadvantage and past abuse, I don't judge them if they continue to be fat, but it is possible to break the cycle and become slimmer and fitter even then.

Have sympathy for people at a genetic/environmental disadvantage, but don't make excuses for yourself. Yes, that's a bit of a paradox, but it is the best mindset to have.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.