[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/r9k/ in 2008 The de-facto "smart" board of 4chan.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: 220px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg (13KB, 220x263px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Joseph_McCarthy.jpg
13KB, 220x263px
>/r9k/ in 2008
The de-facto "smart" board of 4chan. Self-moderated. Threads would stay up for days. A number of resident personalities known for the quality of their posts. Shunned low-effort shitposts. Population mostly consisted of people who wanted to get away from the recycled boring content of /b/. Putting effort in your posts was rewarded

>/r9k/ in 2016
Crawling with teenagers. ABSOLUTELY Crawling with teenagers. Known as board full of cringey virgins and not much else. Prides itself on its 'dank memes'. Same threads are reposted every day. Used by horny idiots to ERP. Full of highschool drama. Essentially unrecognizable from its former self.
>>
>>37915924
>The de-facto "smart" board of 4chan.
No. God no.
>>
File: sean-penn.jpg (300KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
sean-penn.jpg
300KB, 600x901px
>>37915924
the feels are terrible anon
>>
>>37915924
>US in 1957
No commies allowed, any communists will be arrested
>US in 2017
Crawling with communists. ABSOLUTELY Crawling with communists, pride themselves on "dank communist memes" every faggy left wing group uses direct quotes from the Communist Manifesto

McCarthy did nothing wrong, one communist in a school faculty is one communist too many
>>
>>37916142
I agree. Based fashy bro. MAGA anon.
>>
>>37916165
Fuck off Trump hasn't done shit, I'm still waiting for his wall
Kekistan kids are also fucking fags, Trump was voted in because he wasn't a smug globalist shit like Hillary
>>
"resident personalities" is the absolute worst thing on 4chan
>>
>>37916218
t. started browsing after 'we r lejun'
>>
File: 1493958264302.jpg (306KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493958264302.jpg
306KB, 1200x900px
>>37916215
patience, anonymous
>>
>>37916366
He's got 3 years to build it
He better start soon
>>
>>37915924
haha eat shit fag
>>
>>37915924
keep crying bitch

the quality of this board has increased and will keep increasing
>>
File: 1498177457931.jpg (6KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1498177457931.jpg
6KB, 150x150px
>>37915924
I honestly hate this board!

I was led on by a tripfag for months under the belief that she was a girl. I even had a w hole folder dedicated to her for fap material and recently she dropped that bomb that she was actually a trap all along. Now im fucking gay and absolutelty hate it
>>
>more tripfags means better
Seriously consider suicide.
Also, old /r9k/ is incredibly cringy by today's standards. Literally every post was dripping with fedora
>>
>>37916863
We both know you weren't even there.
>>
File: 00111what.png (377KB, 598x916px) Image search: [Google]
00111what.png
377KB, 598x916px
>>37915924
It was known for feelsposting and whining about their social lives. It's the reason why /adv/ was created.

>Self-moderated.
It isn't now?

>Threads would stay up for days.
That's not a good thing.

>A number of resident personalities known for the quality of their posts.
Tripfags have always been derided in western imageboard culture. Having a board full of namefags and tripfags is AWFUL.

>Shunned low-effort shitposts.
Go to /g/, /v/, or /a/ some time. Those are boards that actually respond to any and all weak bait. Robots are too depressed to bother.

>Population mostly consisted of people who wanted to get away from the recycled boring content of /b/.
It still is.

>Putting effort in your posts was rewarded
Then why was every post a greentext story?
>>
>>37917211
I forgot to mention old /r9k/ was so awful that it got deleted.
>>
>>37915924
This board is suffering the same fate as /b/, too many traps and fags spamming. Time to move on.
>>
>>37917281
It was deleted because it wasn't what moot wanted, not because the quality was any worse than it is now. There isn't an objective quality meter that triggers a deletion once a board slips below it. The fact of the matter is that the quality of your average post on r9k has only sunk since the board was brought back.

If you took a screen shot of the first page of r9k in 2014 and posted it on r9k in 2010 they'd think it was straight from /b/.
>>
>>37915924
/pol/ and /r9k/ are the worst boards on 4chan.

>/pol/
Invades other boards constantly with race-bait and trump threads
Huge gateway for reddit user from the_donald etc
Obnoxious, retarded, underage, dont pay attention to board culture
No good memes
Mods remove threads not fitting their agenda

>/r9k/
Massive amount of underage
Literally no theme except for self-loathing and taking pride in your own flaws
Lots of attention whoring
Huge gateway for tumblr, r/4chan, normies
No good memes
Most users dont browse other boards aka they arent 4chan users
>>
>>37917366
It wasn't what moot or anyone else wanted. It was often referred to as the shittiest board on the site, even after it came back.

Obsessing over the past is pointless. There are plenty of things to love about current 4chan and current /r9k/.

>If you took a screen shot of the first page of r9k in 2014 and posted it on r9k in 2010 they'd think it was straight from /b/.
/bant/ and /r9k/ are probably the closest thing we have to 2000s /b/. It just has less cringe and an older median age.
>>
>>37917441
>There are plenty of things to love about current 4chan and current /r9k/.
Name 3
>>
i was there when it was created
what actually happened was that it was le intellectual board for a very short period and then quickly became nothing but
>tfw no gf
threads
>>
>>37917526
"tfw" wasn't even invented until 2011/2012.
>>
>>37917541
whatever, it still devolved into nothing but people posting sob stories very quickly because that was the only original content people could provide, sad stories about their shitty lives
>>
>>37917481
Why don't you try naming three things that aren't awful about /r9k/ today? It's a good exercise in positive thinking.

You are looking at things too negatively. It's not healthy to obsess about the past and thinking everything modern is shit. The post rate is fast, but not absurd, there are a variety of threads to post in, the board is off-topic but not retarded like /b/, the median age seems to be higher than most other boards, most people here tend to be socially isolated and awkward, people aren't at each others throats like on /mu/ /a/ /v/ /g/ and others, etc.

If you can't think of three positive things to say about modern /r9k/, does that mean you think it's completely awful? If that is the case why are you posting here? There has to be something you like that keeps you coming back. If it wasn't a pleasant experience you'd naturally start spending your time elsewhere.

You probably don't go outside a lot. Why? Because it's not enjoyable, and it's probably stressful. It's "bad", "awful", "not pleasant". If you had to spend a large amount of time in public you probably would feel drained. Do you think that kind of feeling is the same feeling you get while browsing /r9k/?

Working out of depression starts with realizing how negative your perception is, and working to change it. It'll take years, maybe all your life, but it's worth doing.
>>
>>37917802
And when I say "realizing", I mean taking the time to sit down and question your own thinking. You can say you "know" you have problems with negative thinking, but could you give specific examples, and clearly explain all the ways your negative thinking affect your life? Probably not.

Imagine if you had to write a paper on why you feel bad, what would you say? It's the difference between "feeling" and "knowing". If your feelings are negative they'll only guide you into negative thinking. Knowing you're doing this, and more importantly knowing how you're doing this is the first step to stopping those bad habits. It helps immensely with depression, though it isn't a magical cure.
>>
>>37917802
I don't post here anymore. I just come to remind people that this board is a pale imitation of its former self every once in a while. A quick scan of the catalog confirms my belief every time.
>>
>>37917869
Why spend your time doing that though?
>>
>>37917899
Same reason you and everyone else spends time on 4chan.
>>
>If you can't beat them join them

Party rock in the house tonight!!
>>
>>37917936
I spend my time here because it's enjoyable to banter with other lonely, depressed weeaboos. I'm assuming that's not why you like to be here.
>>
>>37918036
So you do it because it amuses you, or you're addicted though they're really one and the same. How long have you been posting here anyway if I may ask.
>>
/pol/, /v/, and /r9k/ are shitholes yet I browse them 2 out of 3 of them minus /pol/ that's one shithole I would never go to. Only place that's moderated really well is probably /a/. /jp/ can be alright too if you're looking for something that's not fucking pepe maymays and underage faggots not knowing where the fuck they are.
>>
>>37918078
Yes, but that's me. Can you explain clearly why you do the things you do?

Using myself for an example, I like knowing there are other people like us out there. I feel comfortable talking with other anons while being anonymous. If I do something stupid or say something awkward I don't have to worry because it's not tied to my identity.

I'm not trying to be provocative, but can you explain why you like to come on /r9k/ and tell people it's not good anymore? If you can't it's nothing to feel shameful or bad about; We're hardwired to do things as automatically as possible. It probably means it's habitual, but even habits can be explained if you think about how and why you do them.
>>
>>37918078
>>37918163
Also I forgot to answer your question. I started browsing 4chan in late 2006.
>>
File: 1497298664980.png (148KB, 742x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497298664980.png
148KB, 742x720px
>>37918163
>I like knowing there are other people like us out there
Different anon here but that is what makes /r9k/ shit to me personally, I come here expecting to find other people like me but I find the same normalfags I sought to get away from. I only come here every once in a while but I reminded every time I do, there's only normalfags here.
>>
>>37918163
> but can you explain why you like to come on /r9k/ and tell people it's not good anymore?
Because r9k was my homeboard back when it was created and it was taken over by new posters, many of them underage, who made no effort to assimilate and treated it like it was /b/ and transformed what used to be a tight-knit community into a cesspool with low-effort shitposts, recycled memes, stale bait and so on that now i can hardly stand to look at it. The population of the board has more than DOUBLED since 2014, more than half of the posters on this board today probably started browsing 4chan in 2014 or later. I have nothing in common with them nor do I care to.

I feel absolutely no kinship with your typical r9k poster today.. As I said earlier, I rarely ever browse r9k anymore and haven't since mid 2015, though I still think fondly on what the board used to be.
>>
>>37915924

This was never, ever the case. There was however always a small population of insufferable "smart but lazy" faggots trying their best to ruin the board. Thankfully they never succeeded.
>>
>>37918334
>This was never, ever the case
Before /lit/, /sci/ and /his/ were created, what board do you think people used discussed those topics?
>>
>>37918093
>/pol/, /v/, and /r9k/ are shitholes yet I browse them 2 out of 3 of them minus /pol/ that's one shithole I would never go to.

These three are the only boards I go to. I used to exclusively go on /v/, then I got into the habit of coming to here and /pol/ a few years ago, for some reason. I think I dabbled with /co/ and /tg/ back in 2011 and 2012, but I got board with those boards.
>>
>>37915924
>Crawling with teenagers.
This is true. I know like 6 people who are under 18 on r9k and I know probably like 15 people in total who browse r9k.
>>
>>37918299
You find normalfags because you look for them. They aren't even the majority. It's not hard to ignore them.

>>37918355
/pol/, /news/, /n/. Hell, there was even some tripfag named Space Elevator who dumped lots of scientific articles every day.
>>
>>37918355

There is no better proof that you're a newfag than the fact that you think that early /r9k/ was some kind of center for intelligent discussion of science, literature and history. I've been a 4chan regular since 2006 and believe me, this board was never intelligent. Like I said, there was a group of people who considered themselves intelligent who tried really hard to meme this place into their little hideout and when it failed, they got super salty and have been claiming ever since that they succeeded and it was only afterwards that all their fine work was ruined.

It wasn't. We always hated them and we will never stop hating them. You can go suck a fat dick, "gentlemen".
>>
>>37918588
>You find normalfags because you look for them. They aren't even the majority. It's not hard to ignore them.
No, you're literally blind or delusional. I can't go 20 posts in a thread without seeing a normalfag complain about his gf left him. Or how he has had sex within the last 48hrs. Fuck those faggots.
>>37918427
I only go to /v/ because of I like JRPGs, mech games, fighting games and other stuff.
>>
>>37918617
What revisionism.
I don't know whether you're misremembering or if you're talking out your ass but your characterization is utterly bogus. There was no concerted 'group trying to force intellectual discussion' on r9k. It was only natural that the off-topic board that was slow enough to have serious conversations generated them. There are always posters eager to test their intellectual mettle and r9k facilitated that. Those discussions are gone today because there are now boards meant for those topics, not because there was some foreign element 'forcing intellectual discussion' that was discharged by the 'real' /r9k/.
>>
File: 1494095730860.gif (391KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1494095730860.gif
391KB, 500x372px
>>37916618
I was led on by a tripfag for months under the belief that she was a girl. I even had a w hole folder dedicated to her for fap material and recently she dropped that bomb that she was actually a trap all along. Now im fucking gay and absolutelty hate it
>>
>>37919446
Whoops, meant to greentext all that.
>>
>>37918793
The robot blocked all the laziest shitposts as well. I stumbled in here in 2009 and I remember a 200 post thread about neurolinguistic hacking in Lady Gaga songs, and although there were a fair share of fedoras talking out of their ass there was no moronic frogposting or tendie larping.
>>
>>37919678
It was just a different type of person who stumble onto 4chan in 2009 than it is these days. Back then 4chan was distinct from the rest of web2.0 and r9k was a kind of special place even on 4chan.

These days "robots" treat r9k like just another stop on their internet addicted lifestyle that includes reddit, twitter and facebook.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.