[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /nojob/? Trying to get a summer job but I just keep

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: tooangrytodie.jpg (37KB, 843x453px) Image search: [Google]
tooangrytodie.jpg
37KB, 843x453px
Who here /nojob/?

Trying to get a summer job but I just keep getting rejected places. Literally been getting applications out since like mid-May and haven't gotten called back for a single interview. The vast majority of my friends have good ass jobs and people talk about it all the time. My parents give me shit for being broke. I'm 19 with no car, no girlfriend, and no job. I'm a nobody. I hate it. I just wanna work somewhere, is that so much to ask? Fuck my life. Anyone else?
>>
>>37914303
Jobs are difficult to get during the summer because of the large amount of students trying to get summer jobs, your best bet is fast food or something
>>
>>37914303
I got a guaranteed job at autobell after I get my license. It's fucking hot out tho
>>
It's always something with everywhere, you even send in an application and they don't give a shit and tell you they'll call you back and never do

I've been looking for months, managed to get a day of work here and there to just lose the job a day later

I've just been doing gigs for cash but those aren't always around, it sucks we live in such a shitty world
>>
>>37914303
I've got a job working for an illegal immigrant hanging sheet rock. It pays well but its inconsistent and sucks not being able to understand your coworkers. But all in all not to bad.

I might actually start doing gigs soon so that's good as well, got kicked out of my parents house for buying a bass amp for less then half its value though
>>
I preferred being a neet my life has gone fucking downhill since getting a job
>>
File: krusty.jpg (59KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
krusty.jpg
59KB, 500x375px
>>37914303
>be me
>be looking for work because I am going to blow my fucking brains out if I have to live here any longer
>see ideal job online
>start application
>there's no place to put a resume or cover letter
>just a place to put contact details and a promise to reply
>fuck it
>get automated email reply with an address to visit and a name to ask for at the desk
>google map it
>looks like a regular office building
>get the phone number and call them
>guy who answers gets mad when I tell him I'm calling about the ad
>turns out it's some fucking retarded treasure hunt thing and the first one to find where the main office is gets the job regardless of qualifications or whatever
>the next address to visit for info is literally 150 miles away

I just want to move out and buy a statue of my waifu.
>>
File: 1495800874945.jpg (181KB, 2048x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1495800874945.jpg
181KB, 2048x1360px
>>37914303
yes i have no job but i dont want one

my dad is trying to pressure me to apply to places or whatever but i dont care, i suppose ill have to eventually but i have no interest in it currently and likely never will

my life is shit but its comfortable, i dont want money only to upgrade my pc which isnt enough of a motivator to spend my time working 5 days a week just to spend my 2 days off in dreadful agony of the week coming
>>
I don't understand how people even get jobs.

I worked for 5 years at this horrible software testing place with a completely random schedule and abysmal pay because it was all that would take me. Now I'm out of there and looking for work and it seems like everywhere is just uninterested or requires some kind of certification that I don't have money for. There are a few gun stores nearby that are hiring and sound like fun places to work but they also require gun licenses that I don't have. Things like that.

Naturally I've applied at hundreds of places and only gotten one interview that I bombed in some way because they told me off a day later.

Don't employers want employees? Why is this so hard? I just want a job that has set hours while the sun is up and a pay rate above 9 dollars. Why is that so absurd?

>>37915250
What in the actual fuck? This sounds too crazy to be real.
>>
>>37914521
ROFL. You got hired by an illegal immigrant! ROFL! Too good.
>>
>>37916373
You should be euthanized.

Original post
>>
>>37914303
Do you live in a small town? That pretty much makes finding a job hard af. My state has an unemployment rate of 4.2% but my town is like 9%. Rural areas don't really have much beyond farming and construction going for them. Even then those job sectors have the highest suicide rate of any
>>
Summer is not a good time for low tier jobs, landscaping is probably always hiring though.
>>
>>37916887
any reason why? though i agree they should make that legal

hmm let me guess, you're either a wagie ragie or a /pol/tard.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.