[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there two opposite types of reaction in face of a painfull

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: fap-level-9000_o_1601171.jpg (190KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
fap-level-9000_o_1601171.jpg
190KB, 640x492px
Why is there two opposite types of reaction in face of a painfull childhood?

1) I've known the hardships. I'm used to working hard to get little. My friends want a college degree. I'll be a chef, I don't care about long hours. I'll prove I'm good. (...) I'm so happy to discover the world outside my family : everyone is so much nicer than my family!

2) I'm used to rejection. Everybody always rejected me. Never managed to fit in. I'll prove them I don't need them. I'll grow my own style. People want finance or engineering degrees? I'll get a philosophy degree. (...) Fuck, how long can I stay in that fucking call center? Haven't had a gf in 5 years. I don't care about them. My vengeance will be terrifying.

(I won't reply to insults or memes)
>>
>image macro
>memecenter

no
>>
thnks for the bump
>>
I saged it nigger
>>
>>37908437
People are different but we all have similar reactions. I went through some bad shit during my childhood but my parents fixed themselves up and i have been slowly recovering ever since. I feel no anger towards either of my parents. I dont really care about that time in my life anymore though.
>>
>>37908766
I went out alone during a national celebration the other day, instead of brooding on the chans.
Approached several strangers, though I'm quite negative these days with the summer and the sexy shorts, out of reach.

I met an Indian guy in western europe. From the north of India. He works late as a chef, undocumented. He's paid half the minimum wage. More than 30y/o, he lives in a dorm, all guys, women forbidden. He would like to move because of the constant fighting. He tried to be a chef in Los Angeles, but was deported recently. So a very courageous guy, even if he's actually married (he couldn't bring his wife).

I'm a declasse... Well maybe he thought I was a positive guy because I offered help finding a better place to stay, I was drunk and approaching strangers. But during the hangover, I'm more into daydreaming about killing people. I don't take chances anymore. I have turned back to, if you don't like me, I don't like you. Of course the MSM harrass us with the "self-made man" ideology, as if everything that doesn't kill could make you stronger.

Also, I think it's interesting how very hardworking people can *snap* very suddenly. Like this algerian terrorist who studied in sweden, his brother says he was calling Al Baghdadi, head of ISIS, an "idiot". But then he ran amok and a pledge to ISIS was found on his computer...

So is it only a matter of faith?
>>
or luck?

also I'm wondering if an abused kid can become "entitled" in his own way?
>>
>>37908757
you can sage in /r9k/?
>>
>>37909233
Elaborate. my good man.
>>
>>37910623
yes, in every board
>>
>>37911180
well one would tend to think that a person who didn't receive a lot in childhood, and had to fight to stay alive, would become a humble, hardworking adult.

But then there is the kind who in adulthood continues to drift apart from society : used to rejection, he doesn't ask anything anymore to anyone. But somehow in his rage he feels that as he went through tougher shit, he would deserve more than your usual normie with a useful coolege degree and everything.

I tend to have a savior complex, but I find it hard to save myself, too low self-esteem maybe.

Question could be, is it true that everything that doesn't kill makes you stronger? Or can it make you numb instead? Like some real autists who have no reaction to skin burns...?
>>
>>37910623
AFAIK it doesn't do anything anymore.
>>
>>37912174
>Question could be, is it true that everything that doesn't kill makes you stronger?
No, it's not true for most people. It really depends on the mentality of a person. If they have a strong mentality and a clear goal, then hardships may help them grow indeed. But if you have no specific direction you want to go in life, and no pillar to support yourself on, you will most likely break.
>>37912174
>But somehow in his rage he feels that as he went through tougher shit, he would deserve more than your usual normie with a useful coolege degree and everything.
Indeed, some people have such mentality, and they tend to be self centered and selfish.
>>
>>37912467
>If they have a strong mentality and a clear goal
Well thanks for having given it a thought.
>>
>>37913018
A-Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell if you are, so pardon me.
>>
>>37912182
It's invisible so it's not used like a downvote anymore, but it still prevents your post from bumping the thread.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.