[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I was 'cured' of my narcissism >Work ethic

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1498149499833.jpg (245KB, 1365x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498149499833.jpg
245KB, 1365x2048px
>tfw I was 'cured' of my narcissism
>Work ethic disappeared
>Now dealing with severe confidence and self-image issues
>Developed GAD
>Developed a stutter
>Completly unable to focus
The fucking psychologist meme literally ruined my life.
I was self-aware before, I knew I was cocky and snobby.
But no she has to fucking take away any personal strengths I used to have because "lol it's bad anon"
Professional help is a trap
>>
>>37904593
narcissism isnt bad for you, it's bad for others
>>
>>37904616
So fucking what.
They have to deal with me less than 1% of their life.
I have to deal with me 100% of my life.
>>
>>37904593
She took away the crutch you'd been hobbling along with all your life, so naturally it's going to get worse before it gets better. You have to learn to cope like a normal person now.
>>
>>37904593
I kind of experienced this. It wasn't a psychologist though, I realised what a shitty person I was and how delusional and lacking in self-awareness I'd been after failing socially completely and becoming a shut-in

Completely killed my self-esteem and made me incredibly awkward and self-conscious. I don't know if I was a better person before it, but I was certainly happier.

My narcissism hasn't gone away completely though, and it still flares up from time to time. Sometimes it's a good experience, a feeling of power and confidence and superiority, and sometimes it's an experience of rage and anger and utter inferiority and hopelessness.

I don't know if I'd rather be a successful narcissist or a successful healthy person (successful narcissists command so much more respect and attention than regular people), or which I should try to aim for because right now I'm stuck in the middle and it's like the worst of both worlds.

I kind of miss the sense of serenity and confidence that came with denying my faults exist both to myself and to others, to the point of denying reality itself and gaslighting other people, and that comes with blaming all my problems and mistakes on other people.

I was such a scumbag and everybody could see it but you couldn't pin me down because I'd admit nothing and always turn it around on you. Like Trump. I hate that person so much and I was too inept to get away with it though. I wasn't worldly or competent enough to cope. It puts you way out on a limb and unless you're on your A game the entire time and in command of yourself and know what you want other people start to see through the facade and start to doubt you and are less willing to go along with you when you do something audacious.

I don't know what my point here is. I just wish I had the life skills and was well-adapted enough to be a normal, respectable person capable of having regular relationships. Instead I'm an awkward aloof attention whore.
>>
>>37904593
What the fuck? That's terrible.

All successful people are narcissists and sociopaths.
>>
>>37904616
>>37904593

Narcism can't be cured, it's personality disorder. So wrong.
Also narcism is not only bad for you, they're self-destructive at times, suffer anxiety and fuck themselves over...

They also fail at long term relations and sometimes develop other disorders.
>>
>>37906716
narcissism is not the same as narcissistic personality disorder
>>
File: nyehehehe.gif (1MB, 217x217px) Image search: [Google]
nyehehehe.gif
1MB, 217x217px
>>37904593
Sucks to suck cunt, it's rough realizing the world doesn't revolve around you. Narcissists are insufferable, it's nice to know at least one of them in the world has gotten knocked down a peg or two
>>
>>37904593

DEMIAN, by herman hesse

Read the book nigga, you have to pierce the egg to get your true self
>>
>>37904616
This is the redpill of narcissism
The most interesting people are usually narcissists but they're also the most difficult to control
Normies are always struggling for dominance so they feel that people who act like they're hot stuff are subtly insulting them when really they're not. They want to knock them down a peg because they get mad when others don't feel mediocre like they do (regardless of whether or not they actually are).
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.