[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any one ex-cult members here? How do you cope? How deep were

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

File: 300115rainbow.jpg (105KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
300115rainbow.jpg
105KB, 620x320px
Any one ex-cult members here?
How do you cope? How deep were you in? How do you deal with your seemingly supernatural memories?

I miss the community and fellowship of it all.
But the way it completly fucked my mind in hindsight is so fucking scary.
Like, I swear I had out of body experiences, and that I could 'feel' peoples thoughts if I simply focused on it and meditated often.
The way it all used to make sense too, like how somehow we are all just 'wavelengths', and that aliens run a secret world goverment.
I don't even know anymore, it's scary just how mallable the mind is.
>>
just looks like a gay summer camp
>>
Not ex-cult but I used to be in the military.

I miss the sense of community and fellowship too.

These normies that have never served are so fucking annoying.
>>
the problem with being in a cult, is leaving. That bond I never had with my family was there because I wanted it to be there, because I was told by others it was there, but what happens when you leave?

You might as well have died. They might still like you're memory but you are gone to them. It's such a horrible feeling of loneliness and rejection.
>>
>>37899562

There is a difference between being a solider and being a normal person. Your mind has been rewritten; you will literally only ever find friendship in other soldiers of the same doctrine.
>>
>>37899665
would you not be the one rejecting them if you left?
>>
>>37899497
Tell me about it, OP.

I'm already assuming you're a giant faggot, and not the good kind, so there's really no way to let me down.
>>
I'm very interesting in joining a cult? How should I go about finding one?
>>
>>37899497
do you mind going into a more detail? would like to hear about your experiences more in depth
>>
>>37899562
>sense of community and fellowship
>people without it that the normies
go wash some rocks with your many friends again dumb normalfag
>>
>>37899706
But I didn't leave, I just stopped believing what they believed. Their friendship and love started and ended at my title of "member".
>>
>>37899719
>>37899796
Well it was one of those cults about spirits and aliens.
Now of course it was not this in the beginning, at first it was about 'learning how to think clearly' and 'properly understanding emotions'. Both are red flags but I didn't pick up on it.
It's a slow indoctrination, at first everyone is really nice and it makes you want to keep coming back.

I am going to powerphrase, keep in mind it took me 4 years before any of this was taught.

It's scary how well one thing just leads to another. I have no idea how, but at the end of it I genuinly believed I was a 'traumatised' 300 million year old spirit inside a faulty flesh vehicle.
The reason our spirits were traumatised was because the original earth (Pangea) contained perfect beings of light, that communicated through thought alone, but despite being light we could still be interracted with. Then the earth was 'poisened' by the Martians (Reptile people) to cause the bodies of light to wither out, the spirits saw this mass holocaust of bodies and souls and were forever traumatised. In their panic, they scattered and randomly created new vehicles. There materialised as all the animals and plants on earth.
At first the spirits were scared and became violent, so that is why dinosaurs existed. As time went on, they grew more passive and submissive, and the dinosaur vehicles died out because of it. Instead flesh vehicles of mammals became the norm.
The martians then created faulty vehicles that were designed to be easily controlled, these vehicles were Homo Sapies.
They flooded earth with these empty vehicles, forcing all freed souls (Dead creatures) to take residence in them.
The Martians then started subtly manipulating us to become slaves without realizing.
and so on.
(Word limit so I'll stop here)

It also combined all major religions and religious texts, which I found intresting (Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and Egyptian mythology).
>>
>>37900184
Having been through a cult myself, I'm wondering if your ex-cult also had a leader who some how got all this information?

In a blind village, the man that can see is king. So naturally I've noticed most cults have a leader or leadership council who has control over the doctrine. With this control they become the ever needed teachers and interpreters for the now ever needy students. That's a very powerful position to create for yourself when you're a coniver looking for people to manipulate.
>>
>>37900184
thanks for bothering to reply, i find cults pretty interesting. seeing it all laid out it's easy to reject, but i can imagine getting sucked into believing it over time given the right circumstance. sounds like scientology

any favorite/nice memories? what made you stop believing? (if you have time to humor us)
>>
>>37900328
Yes it had a leader. He took the title of Religious scholar who read all these books and he would communicate with ascended souls (Ancients) (The ones that are pure light, but now reside on another planet), since earth is simply too dangerous and the ultimate goal is to leave it to be safe), by astral projection during meditation.
And, of course, he was the only one able to find the planet, and communicate with them.

>>37900374
Yeah it does sound a bit like scientology, although it was (luckily) not.

Honestly my 'Spiritual awekening' (t. Mental breakdown) was actually nice. Everything suddenly seemed so stupidly clear, everything made sense, I knew exactly what I had to do. I became a massive fanatic, too. I taught new converts all the time, I had passion at all times I was doing any spiritual practice. I meditated often. I could suddenly 'feel' and 'sense' peoples thoughts, allowing me to more easily tap into the feelings and thoughts of new recruits (No idea how but it actually was suprisingly accurate). I lost all need to participate with the outside poisoned world, meaning I had no cravings to watch movies, play games, read outside doctrine, or even visit family.
As fucked as it is, it's a nice feeling suddenly having a clear life purpose.

What made me stop believing was a slow decline. At one point during meditation I suddenly saw a weird creature I had never seen before, and it just screamed in this monotone loud but silent noise, as all my memories of my 'past life' flooded my head.
For some reason after that, I was back at the mental state I was 4 years ago, before the cult was a part of my life.
I decided to just get out.
>>
>>37900629
was there any pederasty going on?
>>
File: 1442076837477.jpg (146KB, 417x562px) Image search: [Google]
1442076837477.jpg
146KB, 417x562px
>>37900629
>At one point during meditation I suddenly saw a weird creature I had never seen before, and it just screamed in this monotone loud but silent noise, as all my memories of my 'past life' flooded my head.

I feel our subconscious mind is a fragmented place where the major parts of ourselves combine to form a whole personality, and when a part of our mind is screaming and looking around at the world like "WTF this doesn't make sense! Stop this!" it will eventually percolate through and be heard. After having a bad trip like that, I take the message seriously because I think my subconscious part sees something I'm ignoring.

What are your thoughts on that weird creature and its mono-tone scream?
>>
>>37900758
Well, souls were genderless and all were the same age, so the foundation for pederasty is there.
I never experienced it myself there, but age difference was more common that in normal society. There was a 19 year old guy with a 31 year old woman. There was also a gay couple.

Sex was overall... weird.
They believed in sexual energy and channeling it. Masturbation was banned. You wouldn't get shunned, but it was seen was wasting your sexual energy (Sacral Chakra). It was like being given a meal, but then putting it in your mouth and spitting it out until your plate was empty.

I haven't mentioned this earlier, but there was a commune further out in nature, where I would often go and live in the weekends. I even lived there for a while permanently as a teacher. It was an odd life. I earned no money, but the food and living was free. It was kind of nice, since I had no stress over my career or economy. I simply got to live and be. I even got to wear comfy clothing all the time which was cash. My time living there is actually what makes me, at times, want to go back.

But in terms of weird sex stuff, one 'Ritual' was mutual herbal oil massages. It was said to detox, and help your body restore the natural damage that comes from living on a poisoned planet (Earth), as well as rebalance charkas.
Now this was actually genuinly nice, since a lot of the experienced members knew how to give good ones, and I felt amazing afterwards. It is also a nice talent to have myself.
A side effect is that it completly destigmatized nudity and intimacy between members. Random people would just be naked, and no one would care.
I would at times do it with people who I only really knew the first name of and nothing more.
This might sound nice for a khv, that you get to touch boobies and asses all the time, but when you did it you focused much more on the spiritual healing than the sexual instinct. Kind of like how art students get nude models but don't get aroused by it.
>>
>>37901056
how attractive were the people? average? mostly uggos? and what was the living situation like? everyone lived together in some big facility?
>>
>>37901016
I still don't understand why it suddenly visited me at that time, and not earlier or later.
I think it was all my repressed feelings and thoughts.
My theory is that since Spirutual Awekenings are just a nicer way of saying Mental Breakdown, my subconcious was just slowly recovering afterwards, and it took years before I was even aware of what had happened.
I kept meditating as I left, actually, and other visuals started developing. Like fleshy roots entangling a building, and plants growing very quickly.

I think, me defecting was a one in a million chance as well. I usually dealt with other people suddenly being in doubt, and they were forced to talk with me (or another teacher) while I lived at the commune, since talking to other people was seen as spreading your poisoned spiritual damage. Think of it like having the flu, you don't go around sneezing on people, you go to the doctor, which were the teachers.
I had times were other people would report to me, come to be and say "Amanda has been showing damage, she told me she is doubting the knowledge and want to take a break for a while". I would then need to adress them myself.
The 1:1 sessions for healing were intense, or at least felt that way. A lot of people cried, and said sorry, and felt guilt.
All doubts, fears, and will to leave, was seen as the poisoned planet slowly seeping into people, causing damage.

I should actually have found another teacher and confessed, to get healed, but for some reason I decided not to. I felt like I could heal myself by continued meditation.
>>
>>37901161
Mostly average looking people. I actually found even 5/10 to be nice looking after a while, since all we were taught to care about was the spirit itself, and the human vehicle was simply temporary. Everyone was also thin due to the general attitude towards food.

Living at the commune were some decently put together small buildings, I would at times help with the more mundane and monotone work, like moving wheelbarrows working with wood, and so on. I had no construction experience or knowledge, but I still wanted to help.
Everyone didn't really live together, but there was a larger sleeping area. The entire floor was filled with cushions and blankets. It was used as the meditation hall during the day, and sleeping hall during the night.
It was mostly filled with weekend visitors or new recruits during the night. Others had more private living, which usually consisted of a 1-room house.

We would often meditate, eat, have lessons, public confessionals, yadda yadda, outside. We only really used the indoor area to meditate if it was needed to be private, or the weather was bad.

My own 1-room house had a low table, and a lot of cushions and blankets as well. I had 'sacred geometry' and 'religious scholarship' all over the walls. Only reason I was there was because I was a 'teacher' at the time. There werer 2 teacher 'houses' when I left.

Bathroom facility was a public one, with showers and all that.
>>
>>37900758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qnRv-fuxQ
>>
File: 1488908013425.jpg (138KB, 958x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488908013425.jpg
138KB, 958x960px
I was once mentally attacked by an entire town when I learned the truth about cats and dogs. Everyone was wearing sunglasses

The town was called Maharishi Vedic City and its in Iowa. I'm not joking. This is all true.

I didn't join them because of love and shit. But they let me go. I don't think they watch me anymore.
>>
>>37899497
I think /r9k/ is a cult
>>
>>37902260
>slowly warps your view of the world
>uses emotional attacks to get past logical reasoning
>promotes a totally useless and destructive lifestyle
>incredibly difficult to leave
yep, it's a cult. does that mean that everyone calls me a guru now?
>>
>>37900184
That's the Scientolgy story that only gets told to high level members, or at least it was until someone leaked the books
>>
>>37902353
Who made you the leader nigger
>>
>>37899497
Tell more about your cult experiences. I think it'd be pretty cool to be a cult leader like Jim Jones.
>>
>>37902671
f-foolish human! I have received divine revelation too powerful for your mortal mind to comprehend! Follow in my ways and make a donation of just $1,500, and I will spare your pitiful life!
>>
File: r13.jpg (61KB, 800x634px) Image search: [Google]
r13.jpg
61KB, 800x634px
>>37899497
Is it weird that I want to start a communist cult and take over the world?
>>
>>37902888
it's just won't works retard. open your eyes, see how greedy people are.
>>
File: fw2iofw2io.png (49KB, 571x757px) Image search: [Google]
fw2iofw2io.png
49KB, 571x757px
>>37902730
Not OP, but I study cults a on my own and actively, I am also slowly building a discord of people intrested in the subject. Discussion is important for understanding and learning.
I got some books to recommend if you want to further reading on your own.
discord gg/cRj4f4w
>>
>>37902777
...and fucking triple sevens. Kek.
>>
>>37902777
>Trips
>It's 7 too
Holy shit you might be the chosen messenger of Kek
>>
>>37902888
No, I daydream about doing that daily.
Nice trips.
>>
>>37902730
I've been answering questions throughout the thread (It's all the really long ones).
If you got any specific ones Ill be happy to answer.
>>
File: 1495476904016.jpg (48KB, 717x959px) Image search: [Google]
1495476904016.jpg
48KB, 717x959px
>>37899497
Planning on starting a cult some day.

Anyone got any tips?
>>
>>37903333
see
>>37902962
We got the answers for eternal salvation.
>>
>>37900184
>>37900629
>>37901056
>>37901403
interesting as fuck OP, I had my own new-age phase but it didn't last long and didn't had other people to hook me it
I'm interested in your outlook on life now, have you settled with someone? do you talk with your biological familly?
For me all these teachings seem like a way for people to avoid responsability with others and the world. At the end of the day, it's way more important how you get along with your mum than meditating 6 hours or having paranormal experiences (I get sleep paralysis sometimes and experience weird things)
I see around the city all these yoga and emotional healing classes, i realize now it's all a scam that catches vulnerable people. And I realize I can't change much of this, everyone has to climb himself out of the trap he falls in. The folks that attend them are still as petty as other people, but now they feel good about themselves because they "spiritually evolve", and not even them know what this means.
thanks for sharing this.I feel like the guru that makes these cults is like a predator, a psychopath that enjoys controlling all these broken people that come to him like lambs to the slaughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqn9fXzYWoo
music with video and lyrics inspired by the Heave's gate cult
>>
>>37903540
>I'm interested in your outlook on life now, have you settled with someone?
I am single at the moment.
My overall outlook has changed. I completly abstain from any kind of self-help, and my heart sinks a bit whenever I see someone practice new-age things.
>I feel like the guru that makes these cults is like a predator, a psychopath that enjoys controlling all these broken people that come to him like lambs to the slaughter.
Basically this, but as soon as the leader no longer interracts with almost anyone, then everyone in the cult are genuine people who just want to help.
They genuinly believe people are dying and will be stuck forever, and they NEED to be saved, the entire WORLD needs to be saved, and if they get stuck? If they die again and again and again? It's YOUR fault for not saving them.
If someone leaves, people get emotional, almost the same reaction as if the person had commited suicide.

>do you talk with your biological familly?
Not much, I never really liked either of my parents.
I do talk with my brother however.
>>
This thread has been an interesting read for me.
Reading this has made feel somewhat anxious about whether or not I regulate and manage what i believe properly.

I was never part of a cult nor have I dabbled in New Age, but there was a time when my pothead/acidhead phase lead me into an SpiritualistAlan Watts fanboy phase that lead me into my magick/Robert Anton Wilson phase. Luckily I've always had a strong aversion to power structures so this never lead to me ending up in a cult.

I still meditate daily and appreciate occultism/magick as a sort of applied phenomenology/psychology mix, but I feel like subscribing to heterodox views of reality can be a slippery slope. Then again who's to say the view of reality imposed by mainstream society isn't just as diluted. Perhaps it's best to take agnosticism to it's logical conclusion and remain skeptical about all forms of belief, both orthodox and heterodox.

>>37902144
Can you elaborate on what the fuck you meant by this?
>>
>>37902144
Yeah man, if you're still here, please tell your story.
I can find very little information about them online. While everything about the place screams cult, they have remained completly Low-key.
>>
>>37902144
>>37903999
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maharishi_Vedic_City,_Iowa
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maharishi_Vastu_Architecture
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Country_of_World_Peace

Jesus Christ someone should do something before a mass-suicide happens
>>
>>37899497
I'm so lonely I think I'll be joining a cult soon, at least they give you a sense of purpose and belonging
>>
>>37899719
>le faggot OP

Go back to /b/, you're not funny
>>
>>37903890
I like you anon I wish you the best
>>
>>37904118
This is pretty scary.
I wonder how much money that small town generates for the cult.
>>
File: 1423757040358.png (222KB, 915x694px) Image search: [Google]
1423757040358.png
222KB, 915x694px
>>37904118
>tfw America has it's very own cult town in the middle of fucking nowhere where schizophrenic white people LARP as ascended yogic beings
>>
>>37903971
>Can you elaborate on what the fuck you meant by this?
I let the doublespeak take over my life and my work life and home life converged. Everyone was in on it but me. I couldn't speak double but I could hear it. And everyone around me drove me crazy with it. Then they mentally attacked me.

>>37904118
I am from this town. I escaped it when 19. My parents are into yogi lifestyle and moved there when I was 3.
>>
>>37904644

how accurate is this post?>>37904627

also tells us more details about the life there, what you did as a kid and a teenager, how weird were the people?
>>
>>37904662
>how accurate is this post?
It's way worse than that. They only pretend to be raja yogi. I am scared to say because I think they might be watching the internet. It's far fetched but I'm still paranoid. They have an entire code they speak

>>37904662
The people and culture was very weird. Every kid was homeschooled, but it's mostly adults living there. It permanently messed me up, mentally and socially. I'm 28 now and have the social skills of an autistic 12 year old
>>
>>37904711
Did you notice anything shady in terms of money?
Did any people have more 'power' in the community?
>>
>>37904711

were you hypnotised and in trance at any point there?
is there violence of any kind going on there?
are drugs used?
>>
>>37904741
Yes there are 11 leaders. They decide everything. Most citizens have normal jobs maintaining the town (operating a local store) but some dont work at all. I have an idea where the money comes from but I'm too paranoid to say it
>>
>>37904777
I completly respect your hesitance to say this on a public website.
Would you mind adding me on discord?
I study cults a lot and this is very intresting to me.
I even have several experiences with cults myself.
discord gg/J5jeKu
This is a temp chat, I'll close the invite when you use it.
>>
>>37904771
>were you hypnotised and in trance at any point there?
Lots of times. they use chemicals (i think) in the water to mess with your brain and also make it register to certain signals. Like they can control you almost. I'm not making this shit up.
>is there violence of any kind going on there?
No but people "disappeared" sometimes
>are drugs used?
besides the chemicals, which I only theorize are there, illegal drugs are banned by the community and there's no way to get them there anyways
>>
>>37904777
>According to city officials in 2004, "more than $200 million of venture capital had been invested in Fairfield and Vedic City companies during the past 13 years
>The 2001 master plan includes two domes in the center of the city to serve as a venue for group practice of the Transcendental Meditation technique and the TM-Sidhi program, including Yogic Flying.

lmao someone uses these retards for their own social experiement in the middle of Iowa
>>
>>37904797
i dont know how to access it. i dont have a discord account but ive used it before with just a guest account. how do i do this?
>>
>>37904834
You just make an account and then copy paste the link. It needs to have a dot between discord and gg
>>
File: 1480702845363.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1480702845363.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>37899497
>it's scary just how mallable the mind is

when you're a brainlet or shizoid maybe.
>>
Did anyone notice that how these things are similar to religion?
It almost proves that religion is a big fucking lie.
>>
>>37905047

everything is religion and politics you retard

one or two people in a hundred will always get schizophrenia or be a schizoid no matter how much you try to not do this
we have mysticism and insanity wired in our brain, it's what gives rise to creativity
if you want to eliminate that you get autistic people obsessed with math and numbers that won't breed
>>
>>37905047
Religions are just cults for normies.
>>
>>37905081
You are right senpai. But I think that some people are too much IN the mystics.
>>
>>37900184
Sounds like a smash-fuck of scientology and david icke type of radical new-agers
>>
>>37899497
I used to be in Systemspace but I left after it became a tranny worshiping sanctuary filled entirely with newfags from this board. Thanks, assholes.
>>
I used to like Bioware Games
>>
>>37899497
Yeah, there is no half-human running the gov', and meditation can't help you to feel toughts and have out of body experiences :^)
>>
>>37900184
>I am going to powerphrase
Well it's a doggy dog world OP
>>
>>37904145
Fuck off newfag.

>You have been muted for 16 seconds
>>
>>37904118
Yup. That's definitely a cult. They even keep a bunch of Indian/ Hindus locked up as slaves in a fenced area.
>>
>>37907614
Hahaha holy fuck, I only just now realized he meant "paraphrase." I thought powerphrase was some term I'd just never heard.
>>
>>37907844
I thought it was some cult thing.
>>
>>37907844
SHIT
I dont know how that slipped by
>>
>>37904644
>my work life and home life converged
What do you mean? Where did you work?
>>
File: 1498049952813.png (291KB, 521x645px) Image search: [Google]
1498049952813.png
291KB, 521x645px
>>37904777
Actually wanted to look more in depth of this town, but do you think that redplling myself more about it would get my ass kidnapped?
>>
>>37899497

How do I join a cult anyway? I've been searching my whole life for belonging.
>>
https://youtu.be/dTYNwwPQH4k
>>
>>37902144 saw u on /x/
>>
File: IMG_1607.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1607.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>37904807
>the 2001 master plan
>>
I completed the scientology missions on gta 5, does that count?
>>
Why are there so many party rockers in the house tonight?
>>
Bump, this is so damn interesting, I've always been fascinated in things like these
>>
WE SHOULD START OUR OWN CULT

>>37912271
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.