[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here /no soul/? Honestly, if you have a soul you can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 1492030029245.jpg (47KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
1492030029245.jpg
47KB, 604x603px
Who else here /no soul/?

Honestly, if you have a soul you can't be a robot.
>>
File: laughing brits.jpg (83KB, 540x468px) Image search: [Google]
laughing brits.jpg
83KB, 540x468px
>he eats anything other than ramen noodles and live cockroaches
>he wears anything but anime merchandise
>he has over 4 remaining teeth
>he hasn't had all of his family members die yet
>he has gone outside at one point in his life ever
>he still considers himself a robot
>>
File: 1496317590211.jpg (59KB, 910x752px) Image search: [Google]
1496317590211.jpg
59KB, 910x752px
>Has heard a song before
>Still considers himself to be a robot
>>
No but for real I feel like I have no sense of self. Like my personality is purely just based on who I happen to be around at any given time. Its a horrible existence.
>>
I don't really enjoy anything anymore, nor do I feel emotions properly. It's sort of like the magic that underpinned life faded away until nothing was left. About once a week, I might feel some brief pleasure when I'm about to climax or listening to a catchy song, but it's not fully-formed, and it doesn't linger at all. Even sensations like being "comfy" or nostalgic or truly upset are foreign to me. I'm just kind of drifting.

So yeah, I'd say so.

>>37897280
I know what you mean. I feel that as I was growing up, I molded my personality to appeal to whichever acquaintance I was around in school, and I never developed a fully-formed one of my own. On the rare occasion that I was with two people and my personas conflicted, I was clueless.
>>
>>37897431
How long have you felt this way? The not being able to enjoy things. I also feel like this but I'm wondering if it's depression and I need medication. I've always been quite apathetic in general but lately it's been taken to new lows.

Also
>On the rare occasion that I was with two people and my personas conflicted, I was clueless.
Yep I can relate so much to this. Its like I begin to self implode and I don't know how to act and start contradicting myself constantly when this happens. I think my whole life its been because I've tried to mimic people to fit in but lately I've had enough and ive been trying to be as truthful as possible and understand myself, but my mind doesn't know how to deal with it, because really I don't think there's anything really there.
>>
>>37897557
It was a slow decay. I found out my passion for music at the start of high school, and I centered on it so strongly that I hardly noticed as all my other pleasures disappeared. At the end of high school, I lost my ability to enjoy music, and turned to other things only to find that none of them worked either. After that, only junk food and sex are able to give pleasure, but it's never very much, and dissatisfying due to being cut off from emotion.

It's been 7 months since I hit rock bottom (I'm 18), and it appears to be stable. After a while, you get used to it, and have the ability to reflect on it without panicking or cursing fate. I've long ago decided it's time to try meds, and if you're like me, I suggest you look into it too.

>my mind doesn't know how to deal with it, because really I don't think there's anything really there.
I know what you mean. Other people seem to have concrete personalities, but I've always been in some kind of flux based on what hobbies I'm into. When you disconnect yourself from other people like we do, that defines you in a sense, but you're not really developing unless you devote yourself to something.
>>
File: onceler.png (21KB, 128x125px) Image search: [Google]
onceler.png
21KB, 128x125px
i was once a moralfag but now who cares if a few trees are dying? how bad can i possibly be?
>>
>>37897792
Hhmm strangely enough it's been 7 months for me as well. The decline begun after quitting my job and really losing my sense of purpose. Dwelling on these things just seems to make it worse as well.

The whole getting used to it thing, I know what you mean. I don't feel highs or lows anymore, but instead just kind of numb to everything. Maybe it's the bodies way of protecting itself from trauma. I've heard that sometimes depersonalisation can happen because of trauma.

I think you're right about the meds. I'll have to give them a try and see if I can find things rewarding again. All of this is so weird to think about because what defines a person really? Really each person is just defined by their experiences, memories, the things they like, opinions they hold etc.. I have all of these things but there's something missing that I just can't place or put into words. Ahh it hurts to think about. Good luck anyway mate, hope if you try meds they work out.
>>
>>37898108
What keeps me going is the idea that there's a logical way out of this pit. And I think that defines me, in some major way. I'm not obsessed about statistics or problem-solving like the INTP stereotype you see in those Meyers-Briggs threads, but I really like people who can use their minds to come up with the best way of dealing with a problem. Not to say that it will immediately solve the problem, but it'll surely help.

For instance, not fucking up my diet and having poor digestion would help. Or getting back into meditation so I don't feel anxiety at work. All things that I can do to positively impact my situation, which I'm relatively hesitant on. And still so much more to work out in my mind.

If it's any consolation to you, man, it should be this: Those who have hit lows like this and climbed back up experience life's beauty to a degree that most people will never have. Our bodies right now aren't conducive to feel those experiences, but some day they will be, and it will be sweet. We just need to wait 'til then, a little more...
>>
>>37896943
>has ever thought critically
wow normans pls go
>>
>>37898208
Yea there must be a way out of this somehow.

That last bit you wrote sounds really nice. I hope it comes true and there is some way out of this. Maybe I'll just see this as a dark period in my life but through having it we'll gain a deeper understanding of life or at least an appreciation for the good times. That's a nice thought to dwell on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.