/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

finally got my license at 19. just wanted to go for a small trip

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 20170620_201930.jpg (251KB, 798x797px) Image search: [Google]
20170620_201930.jpg
251KB, 798x797px
finally got my license at 19. just wanted to go for a small trip in the car that my parents gave me. It's a lovely night and yeah.

turns out the clutch doesn't engage properly or some shit. basically my car doesn't actually move when I accelerate. currently waiting on my dad to come tow me with the jeep.

first thing that goes right for me this year, my license, has just become a shitty experience that I have to use my dad for help with.

not my fault the old ass car is shit tho I guess.

at least the stars and sky are fucking amazing out here.

how's your night, r9k?
>>
Life is what you make it, call me a normie, I don't give a flying fuck, words don't define this experience one bit anyways
>>
>>37882208
why the nonon .jpg?
>>
>>37882233
uh o-oh

nice digits
>>37882240
I like Nonon and had nothing else worth posting on my phone.
>>
File: 16.jpg (711KB, 850x1201px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
711KB, 850x1201px
>>37882208
i bet you just don't know how to drive

are you sure you know what you're doing? is it REALLY a mechanical error? not likely
>>
>>37882281
post a pic of where you are now
>>
>>37882289
fucking ashley from warioware? for fuck sake.
>>
>>37882208
>clutch
This is what happens when you drive an inferior car.
>>
File: 97.jpg (358KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
97.jpg
358KB, 800x800px
>>37882312
she's pretty cool

>>37882331
>manual
>inferior
the human brain can better comprehend the size of the universe than it can your stupidity
>>
>>37882233
that's exactly what a normie would say. It sounds like you're just too much of an idiot to really understand what's going on.
>>
>the clutch doesn't engage properly
>basically my car doesn't actually move

That doesn't sound right. If your clutch wasn't activating you wouldn't even be able to turn your car on shift out of neutral.
>>
File: 20170622_004249.jpg (544KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170622_004249.jpg
544KB, 2592x1944px
>>37882289
no, we knew the car had mechanical issue, it goes in on monday anyways, it's my fault for driving it but my driving abilities are not the issue here.
>>37882293
yes sir, rural oregon, not much to see
>>
obsessing over ashley from warioware is so... idk what to call it. i dont know if its as bad as weebs obsessing over anime characters. i think its just as bad. didnt expect fucking ashley from warioware to be fandom material
>>
>>37882367
im not quite sure how to put it as I'm not a mechanic and especially not for a manual transmission

I could be wrong but the problem is that it's done this before, just never to this degree

oh well, we'll get it fixed soon. It's a nice night, wish my camera picked up the stars for you anons
>>
File: 87.png (376KB, 423x552px) Image search: [Google]
87.png
376KB, 423x552px
>>37882384
so

your parents bought you a car, knowing it had severe mechanical issues that would prevent it from driving?

you're making it more obvious with each post that this is clearly user error, and not a mechanical issue, my friend

you should have better prepared and actually learned how to drive a stick, before trundling down the road and burning up your clutch
>>
>>37882355
>drive my grandfathers 4 decade old camaro
>works like a charm cause its a fucking automatic
>op drive his 8 year old shitshack manual
>breaks so bad he has to get towed
>doesn't even have AAA where he lives for free towing so he has to burden family with his shitty choice
Right....
>>
>>37882355
Damn, I've totally forgotten about her. Used to hear her song over and over again on the NDS
>>
>>37882424
no, I never said they bought it for me, actually

we got a second so they let me have this one, and yes, there was some user error in using it before this issue was fixed. I have a hard time believing that everyone that drives this car is so shitty that normal use makes it do this.
>>
>>37882355
Automatic cars with dual clutch transmissions are objectively fastest :^)
>>
>>37882208
it probably just needs more brake fluid

it's a safety mechanism of sorts, the clutch goes out before the brakes

check that first before letting a shop tell you X Y Z is broken and it will cost $1XXX to repair it
>>
>>37882431
it's from 98.

u right on the 2nd one tho. feels pretty damn pathetic.
>>
>>37882452
I'll keep that in mind. I probably made something worse by driving it to giving up point tonight instead of waiting, but this things only worth about 1k at it's best so worse comes to worst it's not a big deal.
>>
>>37882494
my dad's here, night anons. if it's still up when o get home I'll give car pics.
>>
I dont know shit about cars
>>
File: 107.jpg (309KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
107.jpg
309KB, 600x468px
>>37882445
i stand corrected, they GAVE you a car that has an issue so bad that it was ready to break down

why wouldn't they just give you a car that worked? do your parents hate you?
>>
WHY ARE WE CONTINUEING THE ASHLEY PICS?! At least replace them for WAAAA pics.
>>
>>37882508
OP has a manual car instead of an automatic.
You depress the clutch to disengage the wheels from the engine so you don't grind the gears while switching.
If its not the brake fluid then op may have fucked his transmission.
>>
>>37882607
It's likely just an extremely worn clutch plate that's given out completely.
>>
>>37882208
did you forget to put it in gear, retard?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.