[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>never feel comfortable enough to get close to people Any

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1497666042923.jpg (99KB, 623x512px) Image search: [Google]
1497666042923.jpg
99KB, 623x512px
>never feel comfortable enough to get close to people

Any anons know this feel? I can talk to people, make conversation and small talk, I just can't establish anything meaningful with people I've just met, it just feels like a lot of work that might not be worth the risk.
>>
>>37880976
You have autism, go see a therapist, might help.
>>
>>37880976
>get to comfortable
>open up to them
>get paranoid they hate me now
>never talk t them again
Kill me.
>>
>>37881260
Thanks anon, I'll be raking in the autismbux as soon as I can
>>
>>37881285
Dont worry too much about other people anon, take care of yourself first
>>
>>37880976
Fucking yes, ive had this my entire life, i guessing its avoidant personality disorder
>>
>>37881285
Ive felt this since i was 8 now im 23, What the fuck is wrong with us?
>>
>>37881345
This is my parents advice and yet ive still been living with this nightmare for a decade
>>
>>37881400
That's why I like here.
Do something wrong, you can just stop posting and it dies in a few hours. Connecting with people just feels way too... permanent?
>>
>>37881445
It just feels like it's better to keep the hope that they were like this funny character in your head, rather than getting to know them well enough to establish who they really are. At least I know where I'm going wrong.
>>
File: cxEuf5.jpg (114KB, 1192x670px) Image search: [Google]
cxEuf5.jpg
114KB, 1192x670px
Social anxiety runs deeper than a feeling of anxiety and dread when you're around others. Sometimes if you're stung by that feeling, over an over, you eventually associate the behavior of socializing with pain. I've found that anxiety is almost like it's own separate, parasitic mind. Anyway, this is something I'm struggling to overcome as well, Robots, it's all a matter of not fearing the fear. There is no risk to speaking with normal people beyond some vapid surface level judgement they may think to themselves. I'm undoing the system I've built by isolating myself, one painful sting at a time.

If it resonates with anyone, I'm not doing this because I desire tons of friends, I'm doing it because I want the pain to stop. You can't win when you're in pain for not talking to others and simultaneously experiencing pain because you're afraid of others. This shit is maddening.

>Pic related because character is motivating.
>>
File: 1481499451794.jpg (77KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
1481499451794.jpg
77KB, 500x674px
>>37880976
I'm at the level behind you. I don't feel comfortable around people and I cannot have any normal discussion with them. Whenever I have to talk to someone who isn't my parents my mind goes completely blank and all I can do is stutter out some monotone one word answers. I hate myself and want to die
>>
>>37880976
If you don't try to socialize you will never develop social skills, as simple as that, stop being worried about what other people think about you and just interact
>>
>>37881572
You're a smart guy anon. My problem is I get inside my own head and plan way too far ahead, I start imagining not being able to maintain close relationships with people before I even know their names. You're right though, it is just surface level interaction I need to learn to cope with if I want to be sociable.
>>
>>37881712
T. Person who knows the truth but can't modify information to pierce through the cognitive dissonance of your average robot.
>>
>>37881683
Asking questions is the easiest way to do, think of things your genuinely interested in knowing and they'll be genuinely interested in explaining how they feel about it.
>>
>>37880976
Same sorta. I think it's because I was rejected by my friends in middle school and became a loner because of it. Learned that people ignored me if I ignored them. I just try to keep a distance between myself and most people because I think no one really likes me and I don't want them to think I want them to like me or want to be friends or whatever. It's kind of like trying to keep the high ground, if I don't show that I want anything from them then I can't be rejected.
>>
>>37881775
Hopefully you're still here, I'm so glad that someone else is in the same boat that I am. I'm relatively new to R9K, but I resonate with this board.

Anyway, it's very common for the thinking mind to project a potential disaster. The thinking mind, while useful, will eventually lead a man to ruin. It eventually begins to try and avoid the unknown by projecting a dark future, keeping you away. When you're not worried about the future, it'll often bring up bad memories of the past in order to disrupt optimism or peace. We've been born into a period of time that lacks the actual threats that our ancestors once faced, forcing us to deal with the same emotions during non-threat situations. It's fucking hard, but in practicing getting my shit together, I've found that the pain is getting more and more enjoyable and I think I'm starting to see a brighter future ahead.

RAW RAW, FIGHT THE POWER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUQ1Y8nPz0Q
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.