[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /r9k/. I need some place to vent in my last moments. I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: 1480992940941.gif (619KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1480992940941.gif
619KB, 500x280px
Hey /r9k/. I need some place to vent in my last moments. I've had cancer for many years and this is basically the end. I've been taken off chemo and now I'm at home and have less than a week to live.

I was hoping to just talk to someone. I'm very afraid. I am so very afraid.
>>
hey if you post your kik or number (you have nothing to lose!) i'd deffo text you, im feeling very lonely myself
>>
>>37879148
Damn.
You want to talk on discord?
>>
>>37879148
Whats left to be scared of? You are dying on the clock. Time to start doing shit you think could be funny. Post you are dying on on tinder and swipe everything and cum on everything. Yell at people then say sorry you have cancer randomly.
>>
I genuinely dont know what to say here but I want to hug and talk to you.
>>
>>37879169
unfortunately I don't have my phone with me at the moment.

>>37879171
Sure. My discord is #0181
>>
>>37879148
i would hug you but i don't wanna catch cancer so just good luck i guess
>>
>>37879211
Well what's the name? you just gave me the ID.
Here, mine's Giant Joe#4344
>>
>>37879197
I wish I could. It's hard to move around. I'm still in a lot of pain even with the pain killers.

>>37879199
I need a hug.
>>
Godspeed op. You'll be remembered. Not until this thread gets deleted in the archives
>>
>>37879148
Although this vastly depends on your approach to life, you're free from any worries now. You have a week to practically do anything that's within your physical reach without much worry about consequences. Or you could do the exact opposite and just relax and simply use that time to ponder. Death is not something that needs to be feared. Use this time to accept what's ahead of you. This isn't the end.

Anyway, if you want to, you can talk about anything. I'm going to be here for a while, plus there are other anons here that can listen.
>>
>>37879245
What do you want to talk about about then op. I didn't even think about moving.
>>
>>37879245
we could all use a hug every now and then, here u go *hug*
>>
>>37879224
being this much of an underage
>>
>>37879263
I'm just afraid. There are people I'm leaving behind. People I love so dearly. I was talking to one and couldn't even make it through a sentence without crying.

>>37879283
I'm not sure... I'm just... afraid. I want to live. I really do. It terrifies me more than anything.

>>37879294
*hug* thank you
>>
File: IMG_1516.png (586KB, 471x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1516.png
586KB, 471x470px
>>37879148
I'm so sorry to hear that anon, you can vent about whatever you need to to me if you like. I'm no stranger to talking about death, dying and everything that it entails. Or we could talk about anything else you want to try and keep your mind off of it if you'd like. I can't even begin to imagine how frightening it is being in your position but if I can help, I will.

You can add me on discord if you'd like Eru#5754
>>
You in socal? I'll give you an irl hug
>>
Do you have any messages or words of wisdom that you would like to pass onto the people of r9k?

I won't let you be forgotten.
>>
File: side.png (178KB, 573x495px) Image search: [Google]
side.png
178KB, 573x495px
Just thinking bout this gave me major feels. I wish there was something I could say to help you, OP. Best I can do is wish you luck. Maybe I'll meet you on the other side.

Fuck man, life shouldn't be this way.
>>
>>37879387
Unknown/moving on is always terrifying. Your key is accepting this and using the moment for whatever you wish to accomplish at this time.
You never know what's on the other side until you see it. As for now, just don't be afraid. Changes are different, but could always be for the best.
If you're partially afraid of being left behind, don't worry: we'll remember you. We won't let you be forgotten; nor will those that are close to you.
>>
>>37879387
What scares you? Everything alive fears death instinctively, so it's not like you actually need any particular reasoning, but is there anything in particular? If it's not too much asking?
>>
>>37879148
Is there some kind of reluctant acceptance in knowing you're going to die? I've been drinking myself to death but it's not going too well, it's going to take me another decade at least to get liver and kidney failure and die
>>
File: 1498034274608.jpg (21KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1498034274608.jpg
21KB, 448x545px
>>37879148
I'll miss u even tho i never knew you. much love.
>>
My job is in cancer research, I'll be thinking about you at work this week. I wish you peace.
>>
>>37879148
I just saw this before going to sleep, so we can chat a lot from tomorrow onwards until you you get tired of me! My discord is Aquarius#3402, I really hope you can find some kind of peace this week anon
>>
>>37879426
Just treasure you life. Before I got cancer I browsed this board frequently. Life is so precious, even if you've never had sex with anyone. But you really don't understand the value until a man in a white coat says "you have 1 week left to live." Don't waste what you have. I'd give anything to be in your shoes right now.

>>37879418
Afraid not :(

>>37879415
I'll add you in a bit. I'm getting flooded with messages right now. You guys are the best friends I could ask for.

>>37879469
There's just so much I'm attached too here. So many people I love. So many places I want to see. And now it's all being taken away from me. It hurts me more than anything.
>>
>>37879148

If it helps anon, I'll try and remember you every Tuesday at this time. I'll have a notification on my phone that says "remember anon". And I'll keep it for what... let's say two years.

Will that make it better for you?
>>
>>37879387
Death isn't the end OP, know this and take comfort. I do t know what you believe religion wise but there will be a new existence waiting for you and it's going to happen in the blink of an eye. When your dead you don't perceive time or its passage, it stands still. This enough time will pass that you will again come to new kind of existence which could be anything to it will be as if no time had passed at all. It's all seamless and eventually when countless eons have gone and youve lived countless lives we might all come into existence as 4th dimensional beings that have conquered time be space itself and therefore death. You've lived and died before OP and this is just another cycle. You're going to close your eyes and immediately wake up to the next in whatever form it might take for better or worse. It's not the end OP. You will come to life and love again in a new form beyond your wildest dreams.

Or perhaps if we do in fact possess spirits that transcend death you will continue in that way. Either way you have nothing to fear. The only thing you have to fear are your own perceptions of how this life will end. Let go of them and you will be free.
>>
File: SalvationPepe.jpg (74KB, 720x511px) Image search: [Google]
SalvationPepe.jpg
74KB, 720x511px
Hey anon, sorry about your situation.

I used to think God was a meme but I suggest having a prayer and taking a look at the Bible. With God on your side, you have nothing to fear.

Best of luck in the afterlife, I hope to meet you one day!

Love, internet stranger
>>
>>37879567
>There's just so much I'm attached too here. So many people I love. So many places I want to see. And now it's all being taken away from me. It hurts me more than anything.

I think I understand. That's what scares me the most about dying.

If it's not too much asking, do you fear not experiencing life and the things and people in it anymore? Or do you fear that the people close to you will be hurt by you dying? Or just like it's not your time? Or some combination?

>>37879497
Good shit.
>>
Pics or it didn't happen.

>pretending to have cancer for (You)s
>>
File: virtualhug.gif (144KB, 354x369px) Image search: [Google]
virtualhug.gif
144KB, 354x369px
Here you go, OP. Hopefully we can make you smile.
>>
>>37879567
What's your name anon? If I ever have a son/daughter that'll be at the top of the list
>>
>>37879497
Look up hyperthermia, metformin, and other anti-cancer-stem-cell therapies if you're not already familiar. These have much more promise than ones that only target a particular mutation imo.
>>
>>37879628
More just not experiencing what I have. I know it's silly, but I have been reading Berserk a lot in the hospital. Knowing I'll never see it's conclusion really hurts me. Or that I won't be able to see the new season of Attack on Titan. Things like that you know? Just knowing I'll never get to finish some stories I write. A lot. And the people I left behind... god that hurts so damn much.
>>
>>37879716
I write software tools for researchers (yes, mostly analyzing SNPs and indels) so the research directions aren't really up to me but I'll look into those.
>>
>>37879148
>I was hoping to just talk to someone.
Isn't that what hospice is for? They should have a chaplain or something come and talk to you.
>>
>>37879722
>I know it's silly, but I have been reading Berserk a lot in the hospital. Knowing I'll never see it's conclusion really hurts me. Or that I won't be able to see the new season of Attack on Titan. Things like that you know? Just knowing I'll never get to finish some stories I write.

No, I get it. Doesn't matter if it's weeb stuff. The stories we tell are a part of life and they're wonderful. And it sucks when they don't get their proper conclusion.

As for being afraid of losing something silly, whatever. Every part of being alive, down to taking a good shit, is worthwhile and cherishable.

Is there any part of your story you want to tell? Or anything you want to say?
>>
>>37879817
They're silly mlp fanfics. I doubt any of you would want to read them. They're kinda depressing but I made a few people happy with them at least.

And if I could say anything, it's just treasure what you have. You never realize how precious life is until your days are numbered.
>>
>>37879888
Did you enjoy your life?
>>
>>37879888
I'd be lying if I said I had any interest in /mlp/ fanfics, but I'm sure you could get some anons to read them if that's something you want to pass on. You could also pastebin them somewhere, probably.

If it's not too personal, what kind of cancer do you have?
>>
>>37879148

I envy you so much. It sucks that people die before they really realize how worthless life is. Trust me that you would. Everything you'd hoped you'd experience in life, you'd realize was just a cheap illusion. You'd watch your dreams die while your regrets pile up endlessly. You'd watch the world pass you by. You'd give up on love and resign yourself to a life of dreary solitude. You'd be forced to admit that there was never any god or any higher purpose to any of this. We're dust, pleasure is just a trick to encourage us to survive and breed; the only reason we have any good feeling at all is because the organisms that didn't died out for lack of motivation. Pain is our natural state.

To die young seems like a tragedy, but once you get older, I promise that you come to realize that those who die young are so, so lucky.

Don't be afraid. Fear is just your survival instinct trying to encourage you to fight. But there's nothing to fight for.
>>
>>37879925
Not really. I have many regrets. I wasted a lot of opportunities. And now I'll never have a change to right them.

>>37879930
Pancreatic cancer.
>>
>>37880086
Are you too late to ask for any trial drugs for a sliver of hope?
>>
>>37879722
>I have been reading Berserk a lot in the hospital. Knowing I'll never see it's conclusion really hurts me.
I think this applies to everyone, t b h.
>>
>>37880080
so why don't you kys?
oregamically of course
>>
File: 1498010604204.jpg (69KB, 655x705px) Image search: [Google]
1498010604204.jpg
69KB, 655x705px
>>37879148
Show me a clinic document that proves you're condition or die a fraud
>>
>>37880129
Way too late. It's pretty much over. My body is failing. It's only a matter of time now.
>>
Timestamp your cancer
>>
>>37880225
Where do you live? Do you want to meet with anyone?
>>
Do drugs. You have nothing to lose, and the right drugs will make you accepting of death.
>>
>>37880086
>Pancreatic cancer.
That sucks. Not that there's any good cancer, but fuck that in particular. Killed my grandma's dad.

For what it's worth, I want to be a general surgeon. If you'd like, I'll swear an oath to fight pancreatic cancer in particular especially hard-one that I'll actually take seriously. If that's something you'd like done, I'll seriously do it, and you can consider the difference made because you said so.

>I have many regrets. I wasted a lot of opportunities. And now I'll never have a change to right them.
Like what? What do you want to have accomplished by your life?
>>
File: 921.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
921.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>37879148
By god the amount of sadness that overcame me just now. I cannot imagine being so close to death. Even though I don't know you, I'll miss you deeply. All I can wish is that your family and everyone here comforts you and that there's an afterlife fit for you. I'm sorry if I sound insensitive or a dick I don't do well comforting people.
>>
>>37879148
Sending my prayers and thoughts brother. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>37880249
Colorado. I would but my parents would flip if a bunch of random people on the internet came to visit me. I'm fine here.

>>37880344
It's unfortunately one of the most lethal. Runs in my family too. Took both my great and great, great grand parents. and I'd love that. If I can help you help others, at least I will have accomplished something in my life.

I haven't led the best life. Failed college twice. Got horrible grades in high school. Never had many friend. My biggest accomplishment is completing dark souls on solo. I've never done anything great but I have done a lot of things that are failures.

>>37880353
No it's perfectly fine. I love this site. So many caring people. This is exactly what I need during this time. I am a lot more relaxed now.
>>
>>37879148
I'm sorry lad, even though I don't know you, to get stuck in a rut like this where you need to post to this garbage pit for comfort whilst having pancreatic cancer is a terrible thing. I hope you have a blessed trip to the after life, and Jesus guides you to the heavens with open arms. We will all miss you and I hope to meet you one day in the after life. Farewell.
>>
>>37880464
>dark souls on solo
that's actually pretty impressive

t. still haven't beaten DS2 or DS3
>>
>>37880464
I'm glad you feel relaxed now. I just feel so horrible about what you have to endure and accept. If you need to talk to me and if you have a Discord my name is Nintenboxstation#2607
>>
File: 1479893253108.png (420KB, 581x395px) Image search: [Google]
1479893253108.png
420KB, 581x395px
>>37879148
Holy shit that sucks anon. I can't imagine being in your position. I wish the best for you wherever you're going next. I'm deeply sorry for what you have to experience :(
>>
>>37879792
Pretty much everything mentioned here--
http://www.lifescienceglobal.com/pms/index.php/jcru/article/view/469
>>
>>37879925
Does anyone? Honestly?
>>
>>37880464
>I haven't led the best life. Failed college twice. Got horrible grades in high school. Never had many friend. My biggest accomplishment is completing dark souls on solo. I've never done anything great but I have done a lot of things that are failures.
No need to blame yourself. Lots of people never do anything "great," and they're still worthwhile stories told, however mundane. And lots of people fuck up. Your only shortfall is dying. Everybody dies.

Have you ever made anybody smile? Anybody laugh? Have you ever appreciated anything worthwhile?

Every pair of eyes that exists to see the world in its beauty is worthwhile, and everything worthwhile and dear to people is worthwhile and dear because people love it.

If you were about to die right now, this instant, wouldn't you treasure the chance for just one more laugh or one more smile? Or the chance to speak to anybody, anybody at all, just one more time? Hell, wouldn't you appreciate it if you got one more chance to rip a really good fart? If so, you know every single instance of something good, however small, is worth it. The world is better because of whatever light you put into it, and there were moments only you got to see. That's worth something.

Besides, you're anon. There's the distinct possibility you've made me laugh or spoken to me when I was down, and I just don't know it.

>I'd love that. If I can help you help others, at least I will have accomplished something in my life.
I, J____ _____ ______ swear an oath on my mother's spark inside me, and on everything I love, to give a particularly big "fuck you" to pancreatic cancer, and you can consider it done on your behalf.

I don't forget or break my oaths. That's permanent now.
>>
OP is there anything you want us to do for you?
>>
>>37880464
Can you post a proof?

Not to be that guy but I've seen these threads semi often.

I still remember the one about the soldier about to commit suicide in his hotel room and the guy with the throat cancer who used to play a lot of Dota, he was terminal, that was last year.

Hope he passed on well. Both posted proofs, can you do so? You must be in a hospital setting right?
>>
>>37880464
Christ... why do so many bad things happen to good people like this anon?
>>
>>37879148
Torract#8043
I'd love to chat some time,I'll pray for you mate,I'm sorry to hear bout your condition,
>>
>>37879245
i promise think about you everyday so you don't die tell me your name pls
>>
Cucked_by_humby#9410

I wish you the best even if you choose not to add me. This is the first thread I've seen on r9k that's made me tear up
>>
>>37879148
I'm sorry, this is 4chan I'm not going to bullshit you and tell you you might make it ect who the fuck knows best of luck though.

Enjoy those opiates though, assuming you live in the US you have access to the opiate of your choosing.
>>
>>37879148
I hope you die a slow and painful death. Alone.
>>
you need Jesus OP he is real and changed my life believe on Jesus trust him to save you even if you die you will inherit eternal life who knows miracles have also happened but you must have faith and if you are dying then you have nothing left to lose even if you are not a believer just try it. ask God to reveal himself to you and show you if he's really real. a truly benevolent God has no problem answering this question if he exists
>>
>>37881127
A truly benevolent God doesn't send nonbelievers to eternal hell.

Checkmate
>>
When you meet death ask to flip a Coin to take his place he can't say no or he's a pussy
>>
>>37881126
Almost everyone dies alone in the end. I think I would prefer to be alone, at that time. Though hopefully not in the years leading up to it.
>>
Prove it or you're a faggot.
>>
>>37879148
Accept Jesus as Your lord now
>>
>>37879148
Why haven't you been drinking Kefir 4 times a day. Don't you know that Kefir is the cure to cancer?
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.