[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>suddenly remember music track from a MMO I used to play a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: 1434533069604.jpg (36KB, 300x360px) Image search: [Google]
1434533069604.jpg
36KB, 300x360px
>suddenly remember music track from a MMO I used to play a shitton
>get the fluffy and tingly sense of happiness I lost from years ago
>immediately start downloading the game once I'm back from work
>spend 1 hour trying to remember my login and eventually just reset my password
>log in
>desolate field
>no players whatsoever
>empty cities
>check friends list
>Last Online: 4 years ago
>check guild
>Last Online: 2 years ago
>note: Thanks for all the great memories guys
>end up bawling

Why can't I go back to when I was happy?
>>
Man I remember runescape back in 2012
I mean, I was a teenager, and it wasn't precisely runescape golden Era, but it was fun as fuck, it had its charm and it wasn't as convoluted as today.
Those were the times indeed.
>>
>>37879107
FFXIV is pretty good now OP.

>>37879173
shit game, had nothing on the best MMO of all time, Dark Age of Camelot.
>>
>>37879107
whats the mmo?
>>
>>37879173
I was on runescape in the golden era. Our dial up stayed on for like 3 hours before you had to do it again, so me my brother and my sister sat at the computer after school and got 1 hour each playing, most of the time spent scamming noobs and selling things at west varrock bank, I think I might cry
>>
Makes me miss EQ and my guild of dickheads swiping in to steal boss kills.
>>
File: CiCi_01.jpg (49KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CiCi_01.jpg
49KB, 600x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkR7zClEkAo

try to listen to this shit and not fucking cry jesus christ
>>
I want a new MMO to play really bad to help escape from my depression, any suggestions?

I've played WoW and OSRS/RS3 but haven't played in a long time.. Is gw2 any good?

Anyone wanna try a new one out with me?
>>
>>37879295
I'm literally tearing up, what the fuck have i become, its sad to think that this fucking song might be the reason i finally go through with this shit
>>
Lord of the Rings Online, anyone? Loved playing it in secret back in HS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGEBXDes3Y

Only MMO I was able to get into. It was so brilliant, every aspect of it...I'm so disappointed that shit like warcraft and starwars old republic made so much money and did so well while lotro struggled and is basically dead now.
>>
>>37879107
What game was it, anon?
Oil
>>
>tfw grew up without computer nor access to internet at home so never played even a single MMO
>tfw when twenty eight
>tfw olfaggots say they're shit now so there's no point in doing it now
>drink and watch old tv shows instead all day with no friends as a NEET
I'm jealous of you OP. People like you actually lived and still do. I'm too dead inside to cry, also.
>>
File: 1497655489231.jpg (20KB, 410x478px) Image search: [Google]
1497655489231.jpg
20KB, 410x478px
>>37879107
I get that feel too sometimes,
>be playing metroid prime again for the first time in years
>suddenly remember all the good times I had while playing this game as a kid
>it was a nice, comfy feel, metroid prime is a very comfy game
>tfw I will never be a kid again playing my favorite video game
Life sucks as an adult, I would do anything to become a kid again, everything felt good and fun as a kid, being a adult is boring, I feel like I wasted my youth and that's something I can never get back.
>>
>>37879299

I would Anon but at this point even online interactions give me anxiety.

>>37879295

I have an entire playlist on Youtube with nostalgic game tracks from my youth like this. The song makes me think of how magical and amazing MMOs were for me as a kid first getting into them. Entire worlds to explore that were full of people to meet. Nothing to worry about in life but my next online adventure. What a time.
>>
>>37879107
I used to play MMO's with my friend when I was 12-14. Happiest and comfiest memories. One day he was alone at home, got a seizure (apparently he had epylepsia), hit his head against the edge of the table and died after drowning in his own saliva and bleeding
>>
>>37879107
you didn't have mmo fun unless you played LEGO UNIVERSE
but seriously it sucks going on old stuff and seeing everything dead
>>
>>37879299
It's okay. A bit repetitive and the character customization/hotkey rotations are simplistic. Pvp is pretty good, a lot more fast-paced and kinetic (for lack of a better word) than others. Dungeons are not as cool as wow, and there isn't much to do other than pvp and map exploration for an endgame. Never done a raid but apparently they exist now.

Personally I like the setting a lot (even though the accusations that the expansion's storyline is a tumblrfest are not unfounded), and the maps are pretty cool. Classes have definite flavor and there are at least a few builds per class. Healers are not a thing really, people mostly self-heal so it's actually way easier to get by as a self-sufficient, antisocial robot.

It can be fun to just run around and zone out while listening to music, kind of relaxing with adrenaline spikes if you do pvp, but it lacks complexity and probably won't appeal to your autism like WoW may have, and the world is not as immersive as WoW either. The social sphere also is not as cool as WoW, imo, lots of memers and crass personalities, but I'm not very social so I don't really know.
>>
>>37879216
Don't be one of those elitist nerds, anon. That wasn't even the best MMO made by that developer.

Old runescape was good times. Now it's another social justice bludgeon where children playing video games receive S&M gear at the Lumbridge Pride Parade. I got muted in the game many years ago for some harmless shit, too. Sad.
>>
>>37879235
>>37879329
some gook grindfest RPG called Aion

It was a shitty game but I really enjoyed playing it with my guild members and friends
>>
>>37879313
>>37879378
I'm high as fuck and I think I just had an epihphany. When we're children, it's like we're high naturally 100% of the time. Everything is so wonderful and interesting and promosing. I started playing Runescape after I saw my older brother and his friends play it all the time on the computer my old house. He helped me start out and we would bond over this shit 24/7. Laughing at the dinner table together over stupid shit we did/saw in rs that day. Begging our parents to please give us $5 for membership
>>
>>37879595
>When we're children, it's like we're high naturally 100% of the time
I came to the same conclusion just by observing kids as an adult. The way they babble random shit and you're like, what the fuck is he talking about? Feels like a part of me died now that I can't understand them as well.
>>
File: 1478901993271.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478901993271.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
>>37879553
A.. are you me?
>Played infiniteaion coz 2poor to pay monthly fee
>Play for like 1.5y, make lots of friends
>Retail goes f2p
>Move to na server with some friends
>Make online autistic gf, usually spend 10h/day playing together
>Fast forward 1y, we break up
>Lose interest in game as everything reminds me of her
>Start playing normie games like lol or csgo casually
>Login into my aion account 1 or 2 times a year just to feel the nostalgia
I miss being happy
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.