[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished my bachelor's today. >I have been to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 1479670637849.jpg (116KB, 782x1168px) Image search: [Google]
1479670637849.jpg
116KB, 782x1168px
I just finished my bachelor's today.
>I have been to 0 parties during this period
>I've made 0 new friends
>I've interacted with females (except teachers) 0 times
>I can't really say I know more than when I started
>now 20k in debt
>no one will probably hire me anyway because I've zero networking skills
>at least mommy let me live rent free during this period
>now I have to become a wagecuck to live in a dumpster
>>
File: dfa.png (483KB, 1132x748px) Image search: [Google]
dfa.png
483KB, 1132x748px
>>37871391
university is for getting qualifications not for having fun and making friends, you just had unrealistic movie-inspired expectations.
>>
File: 1495705081953.jpg (29KB, 552x514px) Image search: [Google]
1495705081953.jpg
29KB, 552x514px
>>37871439
>get there early for my exam
>people everywhere around me talking to each other, laughing

>m-m-must b-be u-n-n-realistic movi-e-e expectations r-right?
>>
File: 1443741859656.jpg (125KB, 499x568px) Image search: [Google]
1443741859656.jpg
125KB, 499x568px
>>37871391
1) Contact your career counselor for your college ASAP. Have them look over your resume and cover letter. Ask about seminars and networking events nearby to where you will be living.

2) Ask 3 professors and the career counselor if you can use them for job applications. They'll say yes.

3) Make a LinkedIn and, for connections, copy and paste this, "Hi, I'm trying to build my network and I would like to add you." to anybody you recognize or is in your same position

4) Send out one job application a day. That's all you need to do to get a job in your field. The trick is to be annoying after you send them out. Contact recruiters - the ones who make the job postings. Ask them for information and opportunities to discuss the field. Add them as connections.

5) Show up to the networking events well dressed. Talk to people, ask to add them on LinkedIn. Ask about the jobs nearby. Ask how to be more qualified. You don't have shit to say, just a bunch of questions.

6) Take classes at the local community college. Take business, sales, marketing classes you think might come in handy to be more valuable and to pad your resume.

7) Show up to interviews well dressed. Rehearse answers to questions. Ask questions about the work environment and pretend to be somebody who could cooperate with the people who are already there.

There, now you don't have to work at WalMart. That sucks about your cucked social life, though.
>>
>>37871743
1)We don't have career counselors. All communication from the university exists through notifications on their website.

2) Strictly speaking my OP was incorrect. There is no personal contact with teachers, they give lectures, other stuff is given be tutors, who are older/past students.

3) I guess I can try that

4) all jobs require past experience, I do t have that.

5) what networking events?

6) my bachelor's is in finance actually. I thought getting good grades would be enough. I tought I could sit behind a computer and analyze/trade stocks without having to interact with people. Instead there was this guest lecture of some portfolio manager who's whole theoretical foundation existed of "buy low sell high" unironically. His entire work consists out of him and others sitting in a room "discussing stocks".

7) goes back to point 4, but even if I got a job interview. I've spend so much time alone and on the internet I've started to forget the language of the country i live in.

Thanks for trying to help though.
>>
>>37871391
rIIly mad me sink
>>
>>37871439
>op is being unrealistic for expecting to make friends in university
>university is a qualification factory, not an opportunity for personal development at all
wew
>>
did anyone here have a good time at uni? I'm going in a few months, im 21
>>
File: 1491112161629.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491112161629.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
I'm going to start my Sophomore year in August. I'm majoring in Neuroscience and have a 3.1 GPA. I've made 1 friend, and I'm not interested in parties at all. I haven't done any internships yet, but I'm planning to do so in my junior year.

Anyone have any advice for me at this point in my life?
>>
>>37871439
youre originally fucking retarded
>>
>>37871391
>Anyone have any advice for me at this point in my life?
yes. stop being a weeb
>>
I met my best friends and girlfriend here, but fucked around too much last year and lost my financial aid.

Grass is always greener, not saying I'd trade places with you but
>>
File: 1488501046317.jpg (38KB, 604x579px) Image search: [Google]
1488501046317.jpg
38KB, 604x579px
>>37872698
>stop being a weeb
lol
>>
>>37872733
>Grass is always greener
Let's not be delusional.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.