[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debating on breaking up with my boyfriend. We were each other's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1493785041231.jpg (15KB, 334x251px) Image search: [Google]
1493785041231.jpg
15KB, 334x251px
Debating on breaking up with my boyfriend.
We were each other's firsts and I fell in love with him thinking he was misunderstood and needed a push to start being confident and most importantly independent. I saw, and sometimes still see what he could be if he just got out of his own head.

But I don't think it's going to happen, my being with him just reinforces that it's ok for him to not look for a good job, or finish school, or make his own decisions. I'm trying to work on myself this year, and now I'm feeling resentful because I'm looking after myself while trying to teach him about life. I want us to be friends, and the sexual aspect isn't out the window, but that title of girlfriend. I don't know, I feel more like his handler.

I'm sure you could see yourselves as the boyfriend here, tell me your thoughts. Am I wrong, can we still work out?
>>
if someone can sleep at night and live with themselves being a complete leech, then there honestly is no hope for them, they need some kind of professional intervention that removes all doubt.
>>
>>37864332
Just wait like a month or so and if you still feel this way break it off, faggot. You cant force love.
>>
>>37864332
Depending on how active you are in trying to help him, it's really unfortunate he's not making a move to get better. Have you talked it out with him? have you told him you're considering breaking up with him if he doesn't start making moves to get better? is he depressed? maybe advise him to go to a psychologist for mental health guidance and then some one who can prescribe drugs, to help him?
>>
>>37864332

you said he needs to get out of his own head

is he the type of person who has a lot of plans and ideas but never acts on them? i know im like that.

if that's the case, hes basically locked in his own head. try to get him to talk about them in detail. help him develop them further, actively participate in them.

he might not even talk about them. if he's the same kind of person i am, he may be hesitant to reveal these inner thoughts and plans to you because you might think they are stupid or unrealistic. or perhaps he doesnt want to burden you with them.

try to get him to open up about them if that is the case.

be both a supporter and a driving force for him. help him bring his ideas into reality, but also push him forward out of his comfort bubble.

or he might just be an autistic neet with no ambitions.
>>
File: 541455.png (187KB, 758x631px) Image search: [Google]
541455.png
187KB, 758x631px
you can't fix them, just dump and move on.
>>
>Have you talked it out with him?
He knows what I want, but I also get the impression that he doesn't get why it's important; he's doing small things to appease me, but not because he believes he should do things for himself.
>have you told him you're considering breaking up with him if he doesn't start making moves to get better?
We were supposed to be on a break where I limited our contact. I haven't been stern enough about it, when we do see each other, we just have a lot of sex.
> is he depressed?
Most likely, but who isn't these days. My father died right before we started dating.
I'm trying to keep it together on top of being a wagecuck in a job I hate paying for my own apartment.
> maybe advise him to go to a psychologist for mental health guidance and then some one who can prescribe drugs, to help him?
We don't believe in medication, but maybe he does need a therapist.

>>37864527
Tried. He has dreams of being a tourneyfag like Memejustice and MKX da, so I tell him where the local ones are so he can play. Never wants to go because they're too far. Tell him that he could start local chapter himself and that I know a guy whose spot we can use. Doesn't feel like it.
>>
>>37864728
to be honest he just sounds kind of lame. maybe something is wrong, but if you've done that much and he's still a lazy cunt you may have the right idea
>>
>>37864728
You both sound like utter shit.
>>
>>37864977
Everyone tells me we need to break up. I really don't want to, but it doesn't seem like we're any closer to building a future.

>>37865097
Can you explain?
>>
>>37865197
Do some self reflection
>>
>>37865237
I am. That's why we're having problems, I'm trying to make sure I gave an identity and purpose outside of my relationship I'm going back to school, getting gud at my hobbies, and attempting to make friends. He just wants to stay indoors, fuck me, and not talk to anyone we know. Am I shit because you think I'm trying to get some Chad dick?
>>
>>37865315
No you are shit because you sound like shit IMO and don't act like you don't want some chad dick on top of it all.
But be my guest and ask /r9k/ for advice you dumb cunt.
>>
>>37865315
Also your bf sounds like a faggot because of the desire to tourneyfag.
Not wanting to go out and be social with your fag friends sounds reasonable to me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.