[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive never been a metal head but ive always thought it was kind

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: wowowow.png (685KB, 948x440px) Image search: [Google]
wowowow.png
685KB, 948x440px
ive never been a metal head but ive always thought it was kind of a cool genre not cool as in chad but in a geeky way

i only knew 1 metal head in my life and he was pretty cool laid back, but seeing metal heads in 2017 is so cringe worthy

>Why doesnt metal have that vibe/aesthetics in todays culture? like what happened
>>
>>37863185
Forced normalization.

Everyone used to enjoy being different, and nobody really cared when people were different. You had the punks, emos, goths, jocks, stoners, etc, in multiple age ranges from HS to adult.

Nobody gave a shit. Yeah, sometimes it sucked and they clashed, but people were just who they were.

Nowadays, we're being forcefed homogenization in the name of political correctness and not offending anyone. Being different has been shoved down our throats as being wrong. Thus, the vast majority of people stopped being different, unless they were 'being different the right way', i.e. slapping a title of a shitty new gender or something on them that's politically and progressively approved.

Even if we weren't like it before, we've been subconsciously conditioned to not accept things that are different anymore. We're being branded, shaped, and cattled around.

The metalheads still have their vibe and aesthetics, anon. You just can't see it anymore.
The punks aren't all emo faggots, and the stoners aren't all deadbeats. The rockers aren't delinquents all the time, and that dude in his 30s on a skateboard isn't in a midlife crisis.

You just can't receive the vibe anymore. It's not cringe worthy, you've just been trained to dislike and reject it.

Overall, it's actually incredibly sad.
>>
>>37863286
>Nowadays
It's been like this for decades. Hell, 30 years ago normies thought Judas Priest was killing their kids.
>>
>>37863337
You're not wrong; it's a shame that anything the vocal minority doesn't like gets trashed or shut down.

To be real, most normal people wouldn't give a rat's ass what everyone does.

Remember that whole Yu-Gi-Oh satanism thing? My dad threw out all my cards. Ended up apologizing to me years later because he saw the news and just went tardrage.jpg. Thought I was summoning demons.

He realizes now that it was probably his most autistic parenting moment, just accepting that without actually like, looking.
>>
>>37863286
This
All I listen to is metal but I think that the old image of a metalhead is now contrived. I definitely live by the attitudes of the music I listen to
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.