[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who >philosopher here? >become too woke >can't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1451917370143.png (80KB, 329x327px) Image search: [Google]
1451917370143.png
80KB, 329x327px
Who >philosopher here?

>become too woke
>can't really enjoy things anymore
>>
Really? I think basic study of philosophy has made me enjoy art and music and stuff way more than normies.
>>
>>37863054
Same as faggot above, also you might be going in the wrong direction.

Or you're just in the deep end of the shallow part of the pool.

Git gud
>>
>>37863054
>muh nihilism
>>
>>37863054
>babby's first existantialism xDD
>>
>>37863083
>>37863267
Not OP, but how do I get there?
>>
When you do philosophy enough, you eventually become woke enough that you realize the degree was a mistake
>>
>>37863054
>"I read half of this spoke zarathustra and can no longer enjoy life god is dead u guise"
>>
>>37863054
If you don't do drugs start
>>
File: 1497450847831.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497450847831.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>implying Stirner wasn't right
>>
>>37864862
This is good advice. Start with some kratom and work your way up to harder shit like heroin, poppy seed tea, hydrocodone etc.

If you've never done opiates your life is boring. Literally better than anything ive ever experienced in my life including sex.
>>
>>37865074
>smoke kraton and become a heroin addict
The worst advice ever posted
>>
>>37865200
Do cocaine or amphetamines, the white man's drug. Uppers are much better than downers.
>>
File: hermits_web.png (243KB, 472x300px) Image search: [Google]
hermits_web.png
243KB, 472x300px
This is why I prefer eastern philosophies. Dudes discovered how to be happy and content in the most horrible conditions.

The existentialists only made their own lives more miserable while deceiving themselves to be more enlightened.
>>
>>37865225
Where to start with them?
>>
>>37863596
Start with the Greeks, anon
>>
>>37865235
Sam Harris' "Waking up" introduced me personally.
>>
File: taoteching.jpg (20KB, 260x390px) Image search: [Google]
taoteching.jpg
20KB, 260x390px
We look but don't see it and call it indistinct we listen but don't hear it and call it
faint we reach but don't grasp it and call it ethereal
three failed means to knowledge I weave into one
with no light above and no shade below too fine to be named returning to nothing
this is the formless form the immaterial image this is the waxing waning we meet
without seeing its face we follow without seeing its back
holding onto this very Way we rule this very realm and discover its ancient past
this is the thread of the Way
>>
>>37865225
agreed completely.

originili
>>
>>37863083
i appreciate art and music, i don't enjoy it
>>
>>37865235
LSD.

books are just intellectualizations of what you directly need to experience.
>>
>>37865356
>LSD
>books are just intellectualizations of what you directly need to experience.
All of this tbqh, acid is the greatest thing of all time
>>
>>37865356
LSD is for bitch ass niggas
Real men take shrooms.
>>
>>37865408
lol, they're the same shit. anyone who claims there's a distinction is just too high on either to realize there isn't one.
>>
I'm a college dropout NEET, but I do still find philosophy interesting and have a stash of philosophy books in my eReader.
>>
>become philosophical
>form own philosophy about philosophy
>repeat endlessly nesting philosophies
>so woke I can't even form thoughts any more
>perpetual calm and happiness

Who here /transcended/
>>
>>37865439
Isn't LSD far easier to control?
I thought LSD was the same as being in control of a spaceship, while mushrooms is like being tied to the back of a spaceship.
>>
File: untitled_400x400.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
untitled_400x400.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>37864908
Stirner-senpai, best waifu.
>>
>>37865223
Amphetamines do wonders when I'm reading philosophy. Never did it on cocaine though, but I find the effects of the latter too short-lasting. Plus, it being structurally close to methylphenidate, my body doesn't metabolize it properly, so I don't experience that rush of euphoria every user talks about.
>>
>>37865491
People's experiences are very different on hallucinogens, it's very hard to assign a single "rule" to how you'll feel
For instance, I prefer LSD because I get a very soothing euphoric feeling where with shrooms I just have a pretty regular mindset but with wacky colors
>>
>>37863054
I could unironically study it and probably eventually get funding. But I have no self-confidence so I don't pursue it.
>>
I haven't read anything in years and the last thing I read was At the Mountain of Madness
How do I get used to reading again?
>>
>>37865489
Say hello to ataraxia.
>>
File: 1492710508157.png (19KB, 612x201px) Image search: [Google]
1492710508157.png
19KB, 612x201px
Post more memes please
Oregano
>>
>>37865223
Spotted the coke fag who doesn't know that noddin off your ass is way more enjoyable than sweating your ass off hoping you're not about to have a heart attack.
>>
>>37865200
Lel you dont smoke kratom you fucking nigger, the alkaloids would be destroyed from the heat if you did that. No nigga, toss and wash. Kratom can honestly be better than most percs if you know how much to take and which strains sedate and cause euphoria.

t. kratomfag who knows his shit
>>
>>37865489
Sounds like me, fellow transcendental. Giving up the artificial human-thought seperatist nature for the ethereal and constant nature of non-sapience is the final step for being one with the universe. Anything percieved as "human" is seperate from nature and thus not intended to be affiliated with us, so why should we continue to follow it?
>>
>>37865532
>where with shrooms I just have a pretty regular mindset but with wacky colors

Sounds like you didn't do enough.
>>
Who here /delusional/ here?

>think I'm woke even though I'm an uneducated, lazy brainlet
>I become unable to enjoy life because muh "to smart too feel happiness"

Seriously the only person you're fooling is yourself op.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.