[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>parent's are making me work at their new restaurant

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: squidward-pepe.jpg (49KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
squidward-pepe.jpg
49KB, 800x800px
>parent's are making me work at their new restaurant
>they don't have anyone to clean the dishes and cooking stuff so they put me in charge of that
>I've never had a job before so its my first job
>I hate every second of it
>its disgusting and exhausting
>after the first day I wanna kms
>I ask my parents how much I'm getting paid
>they tell me they can't pay me right now cause poorfag family
>they tell me I should be working there to help them and not to get payed
>at this point I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't wanna work there
>but at the same time I don't wanna leave my parents behind
>also I still live with them and I have a feeling that if I quit they'll kick me out of the house

WHAT THE FUCK DO I DO?!?!
>>
File: why tho.jpg (9KB, 244x252px) Image search: [Google]
why tho.jpg
9KB, 244x252px
>>37853267
>your parents have a worthwhile business that you can help out in
>it shouldn't even be considered work because you can get comfy and do things knowing you're helping your family
>eventually you're be higher up in the business
>yet you still want to quit
>>
Anyone here would consider themselves extremely lucky to have the opportunity that you have.
>>
Is there a job in the restaurant that you want to do? You can always ask to do a different job. I manage the website of my family's business and it's great
>>
>>37853331
yeah, because I'm not "just helping them out"
the task they put me in is a work space that should be filled in by an employee. not someone that is "just helping out"
>>
>>37853331
How the fuck is it worthwhile if they can't pay him
>>
>>37853267
op I'll take your fucking job lol
applied to a place looking for your exact position a week ago and no one has gotten back to me
>>
>>37853371
no, I already asked them
I also asked my sister
>she's the cashier
if we could switch jobs, but she understandably said no
>>
>>37853412
you probably live in the US
I don't live there
>>
>>37853267
I was in an eerily similar position as you are. I worked there as a greeter/bus boy at my moms restaurant for a few months, but the anxiety got so bad that I would break down every day. Simple shit like breaking a glass or spilling something sent me too the bathroom crying. I ended up quitting and now I lay in bed all day. But instead of being anxious I'm depressed. Restaurant jobs are actually disgusting though, and all the people who come are usually awful. Good luck op.
>>
>>37853498
>Good luck op
thanks anon
>>
File: 1470356926221.jpg (38KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1470356926221.jpg
38KB, 500x372px
>>37853267
Dead honest if you're an adult make your own fucking choices. Get your own job and move out. If you don't want to comply to your parents rules then don't, become independent yourself. Be honest with them, especially about how you feel about the job and if they disagree then move on with your own life, yet show them respect / sympathy at the same time.
>>
>>37853524
the problem is anon that if I get my own job it would most likely be what I'm doing right now since I'd probably have to work at some fast food and I'd be in the same place as I am now but even worse cause my parents would by angry/sad
>>
>>37853584
Atleast you'd be getting paid if you got a different job. If your current job is as bad as you say then you might have to make your parents angry/sad. There's no point in wasting your life doing something you hate every second even if its for the benefit of others.
>>
>>37853719
well, they said that when we're profiting they can pay me
but how long is that gonna take? like a year?
also, like I said. they'll probably kick me out of the house if I quit
>>
>>37853267

damn, dont see it like a problem you have to see it like one oportunity.

they give you food and a place where you can sleep, so do as this anon fellow say. >>37853331

get in charge, work and work hard, very hard.
if they cant get you paid damn son, work more and even more. be part of the family business.

soon or late they gonna pay you, even better you are going to pay yourseft. but you have to be smart. and make you a very important part of the business.

>you say its dusgussting
bear with it, there are more disgustings things in the world and even worst jobs
>>
>>37853843
I guess you're right
I'm also not used to this environment
the kitchen is cramped and hot in temperature
the cheff is a friend of my stepfather's but he's your typical Chad
he's always sneaking out of the kitchen for a smoke break and whenever my stepdad catches him you can hear loud arguing
>>
File: fan.jpg (24KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
fan.jpg
24KB, 500x374px
>>37853933

yeah but you never going to get used. nobody born being used to anything, if you keep with that mind its going to be more hard for you.

change that mind

think and explore how to make it best place for you get comfy in your work, i mean if its hot. find a way to make it coolest
>>
>>37853267
Fucking loser.
Chad normie here earning six figures and banging hot white chicks. Now having lots of white babies and preserving the future of the white race. Just donated to a bunch of right wing NGOs. Also I support Trump, really he's the best president. Long live the God Emperor. Goddamn I love being me than you losers who spend your precious time on posting poo poo pee pee memes and how autistic you chavs are. Lol robots fuck off. I could buy this site and tell the mods to ban you repeatedly. Robots fuck kill yourself for being a loser. Your parents are right you should just die because you are a burden and a welfare leech is useless. If you don't kill muslims and nigger while your leeching then you are useless. Just die already and take others to die with you fucking silly robots.
>>
File: 1486680612336.png (65KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1486680612336.png
65KB, 550x550px
>>37854729
just ignore this comment, its original!
>>
>>37853267
I'm in a semi-similar situation
>go to college and drop out after 1 semester
>go to navy and get out after 4 months
>move back in with mom
>try working full time for about 6 months
>now trying to help my mom/step dad's business

>she owes me debt from before I lived with her again, since I moved backed, and some more since the business started
>I don't want to ask about pay on top because I know she literally doesn't have the money to pay me, or at the very least my debts back

I don't want to leave, because I get free rent, food, and I would like to see this go somewhere. At the same time, she has me babysit her kids and it takes its toll on me, plus all the other little things.

I just want to pay my debts off and then walk across the states and hopefully die along the way
>>
>>37854920
its nice to see that other people are going through a similar situation
>>
>>37854920
Tell yo mummy to pay denbts and risk invasion with the EU army.
>>
>>37853267
You sound underaged as fuck.

Grow the fuck up dude, your parents obviously need the help and this is good experience.

You're getting paid alright. You just don't know it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.