[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

18 year old me: >addicted to MMORPGs, hate work, hate school

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1358539061044.png (12KB, 423x409px) Image search: [Google]
1358539061044.png
12KB, 423x409px
18 year old me:
>addicted to MMORPGs, hate work, hate school
>even get annoyed when friends want to hang out because it takes away from vidya time
>set a goal to get the easiest job I can find so I can spend all my time playing vidya and never worry about anything

Me now (30)
>still play Everquest, an 18 year old game, even though I hate it strictly out of nostalgia because everything else bores me even more
>have a job making almost 6 figures a year where I "work from home" (aka play vidya while I have outlook open on my laptop) 3 days a week
>mfw I achieved my goal in life
>mfw I'm more miserable than I have ever been

Anyone else achieve what they thought they wanted in life and still want to die?
>>
what job do you do buddy?
>>
How do I do what you do? Seriously pls tell me pleeeeaase.
>>
See a psychiatrist. Your insurance should provide.
>>
>>37848427
I'm sorry you still feel unhappy, but hopefully you feel somewhat accomplished in that you were able to get yourself into this position that you thought you wanted. What do you do? Maybe this job can open doors for you
>>
>>37848427
The problem is that you have no goals and aren't improving, anon. An easy place to start is to improve your mind and body, exercise if you didn't already and read some philosophy every day. While you're doing that and start to feel like you're improving, find a hobby or passion. You seem to have more than enough disposable income and time to chase it and luckily you're youthful enough too. Personally I'm into martial arts and I try to improve every day, you might find something else to get good at.

Also, count your blessings. Currently you have so much time, money and health that the entire world is open to you. Recognize how lucky that makes you.
>>
Give us the rundown on how to score a gig like that op
>>
>>37848466
>>37848474
>>37848486
>>37848525
I second all of these posts, cmon op don't be a faggot on us
>>
>>37848525
Greedy faggot has the secret to the best life for robots and he doesn't share.
>>
>>37848427
A lot of people think working from home will be great, but it's actually pretty alienating if you aren't completely asocial.

Go back into the office. Sexually harass chicks in their 20's.
>>
>>37848427
Oversaturation, anon. Find new hobbies.
>>
>>37848427

What's your job? What's that easy job you found?
>>
>>37848466
>>37848474
>>37848525
I've got a master's in accounting and I stayed away from big firms/auditing. The pay isn't as good as in public accounting but it's still more than enough for a single guy.

>>37848486
Have thought about that for years, just don't like the idea of being on antidepressants. On the other hand I self-medicate with weed anyway so why not give the pills a try?

>>37848519
Probably true, I did start taking jiu jitsu earlier this year, which made me feel a shit ton better at first, but I've had to slow down in recent weeks because of a rib injury.

I know that by most measurements I'm a lot better off than most people I know, but I always only end up comparing myself to the guys who have it better. So while I've got a ton of free time and disposable cash, I'm looking over at the guys I know from HS/college who make twice what I do and have hot ass wives who love them.

The hedonic treadmill is a bitch, 10 years ago I was psyched if I had a free afternoon with no responsibilities to just play vidya all day, 5 years ago I was psyched if I had enough disposable money to see a movie or buy myself some chipotle, now I've got all the free time in the world and $20k in my checking account and just sit at home bored because nothing interests me. Doesn't help that all my old friends are married with kids and too busy to hang out with the loser who's still single at 30.

inb4 someone tells me how easy it is to get girls when you're "rich." I can't exactly go around introducing myself like "hi, I'm anon, I make $95k a year!" even though that would be nice, I've seen plenty of qt cashiers and shit at fast food places who might actually be impressed by that.
>>
>>37848747
Damn should have used an ID, didn't expect some faggot to use my sob story to try to get more twitch subs
>>
>>37848790
Just be aware that some medications are hell to start on (they start working properly in a month) and you need to watch for interactions.
>>
>>37848747
Report post. Make /r9k/ great again.
>>
>>37848790
Do you want to chat OP? N-not even romantically but idk.... Discord?
>>
>>37848790

I thought you said you hated school, now you got a Master's?
>>
>>37848922
Sure I guess, got a channel?

>>37848945
I hated it because I found it boring and it got in the way of my vidya time, but I was always a great student, the shit came easy for me and I knew that if my grades ever started to slip even a little bit the first thing my parents would do was blame the video games and take them away
>>
>>37849034
Mine is Zero#2430 but I have a comfy small robot server too I can add you in if you want. I won't be on til later though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.