[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people post the suicide hotline all the time? What's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 970206ca5aa1a81a5b80c1f4c6e4f.png (545KB, 707x1131px) Image search: [Google]
970206ca5aa1a81a5b80c1f4c6e4f.png
545KB, 707x1131px
Why do people post the suicide hotline all the time? What's the point? Who ever needs someone to tell them the suicide hotline number? You think they can't find it on their own?

>woops shame I couldn't google that hotline number I guess my only choice is to now end my life if only someone had given me unsolicited suicide hotline numbers and I also memorized them, then maybe it wouldn't have to end this way.
>>
Wouldn't it be so scary to die like that
>>
It's usually normies that do that shit, virtue signaling to pretend they care. The types of people with meme-depression and "social anxiety" but could easily get 100+ likes on a selfie, have more than 1000 followers on social media and have had everything handed to them in life.
>>
File: ccb11e8bc7b97f4b797c7d53aeac1.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ccb11e8bc7b97f4b797c7d53aeac1.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
And also if you're that worried you're such a good tv writer that your depiction of suicide will make people do it themselves, maybe you shouldn't show the scene at all instead of shoving the responsibility off to the hotline which may or may not save them after you so brilliantly brainwashed them.
>>
>>37847737
>It's usually normies that do that shit, virtue signaling to pretend they care
This.
It's especially sneaky because it means not only can they act like they did something but it means they can actually pin the blame on the person who died if they do kill themselves.
>Poor anon, I tried to help him but he just wouldn't follow through. Sob sob.
>OMG, don't cry. You did everything that you could.
>>
>>37847582
because that sort of thing can actually start a conversation. Suicide is usually planned out, but the actual act is often fairly impulsive, meaning the person in question is not thinking very level headed and rational at that exact moment. Just seeing those words and the number might convince someone to call at the last moment. Doing this can actually save lives.
>>
>>37848379
should have added, I'm a clinical psychologist with a specialization in complex disorders (autism and personality) where suicide is common. I have also done research and worked at a suicide prevention hotline. That's a looot of investment just to virtue signal lads.
>>
>>37847582
I have literally never seen anyone post that, in 10+ years of endlessly browsing 4chan.
>>
>>37848433
agreed, this thread is retarded.
>>
>>37847582
What's the point of a suicide hotline, anyway? If you want to kill yourself, you aren't looking for excuses not to. If you're looking for excuses by calling those faggots, you don't want to kill yourself and should therefore just not.
>>
>>37847582
The biggest flaw with suicide hotlines is they're often, in my experience, manned by people who are there just for volunteer brownie points and virtue signalling or the highly religious, who, through self delusion, have never had to confront of the benevolence that likely sent you that way.

Essentially they're manned by people who do not understand on a fundamental level and as a last refuge, that can be enough to give the person a final push.

source: happened to a friend who complained about the quality of the samaritans 3 times before finally doing it
>>
>>37847582
desu I go to a local church confessional room where you speak to a priest unseen, it's really nice as they don't call the cops if you're suicidal.
>>
>>37847617
That's not even in the top 100 scariest ways to die.
>>
>>37848831
Those type of staff could be fine if they knew what they were doing.
The problem with those helplines is that not only are the who are people manning them untrained, they are literally not allowed to help. They aren't trained mental health professionals and in the (very likely) event that the person goes on to kill themselves after ringing the organisation doesn't want to be held accountable.
The job of the people on the suicide hotlines is literally to be a human voice, refer the person ringing to other services that can help and most likely call the cops.
>>
>>37847617
Drowning only hurts until your lungs fill with water. It isn't that painful.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.