[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it about the 80s and 90s that makes the era so appealing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: assdeaddicks.jpg (37KB, 564x483px) Image search: [Google]
assdeaddicks.jpg
37KB, 564x483px
What is it about the 80s and 90s that makes the era so appealing? The economic boom? The optimism? The overuse of synth music?
What the hell is it, robots?
>>
White people ruled.
>>
>>37847225
There wasn't such a racial divide. If racism in the USA was shaped like a horseshoe, the 80's and 90's would be close to the bottom, whereas current day would be rising closer and closer to the top.

Also I like synth music.
>>
File: IMG_20170122_225520.jpg (89KB, 640x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170122_225520.jpg
89KB, 640x850px
Survival bump
Oreganolio
>>
I find the '60s and '70s more appealing, but whatever.
>>
>>37847225
That wAs the heyday of cuckservaties. Illegal immigrants got amnesty. Offshoring was rampant. Crime rates were high af. Only teens think it was awesome. Everyone else falls it shit
>>
Rose-tinted glasses.
>>
>>37847225
I remember being bullied at school being afraid of going there every morning, and being afraid I won't wake up the next morning in the first place, as my body will vanish into the air during I sleep, as a result of nuclear explosion. Otherwise it was quite lovely.

https://youtu.be/-vMBp6iUJzk
>>
it was not good, vaporwave's concept was against the nihilistically vapid nature of the 80s and 90s. but i guess that went over most people's heads because "woah that cover reminds me of my childhood!"
>>
>>37847225
The illusory promises of technology and a variety of comfortable illusions. Also, the last generation raised under postwar semi-social-democracy coming of age.

It's a bit of a shame all that had to come crashing down, but politically and economically that was a pretty nightmarish period, with the financial sector really establishing it's hegemony and traitors on the left (Clinton/Blair) taking power and solidifying the changes of their predecessors.

What I want to know is: what the hell was with the random triangles, waves, etc? Is there some pattern that I miss to actual media of the 90s, or was it really just random shapes for no reason?

>>37849066
Agree more or less. If you really look at reams of economic data, you can often find those were the best periods. (For the bad rap that the 1970s gets in Britain in particular, on most measurements 1976 was the best year on record for things that correlate with happiness, while most people ended that decade with overall income growth - the UK is about to see a decade where most people haven't seen a pay rise...)
>>
>>37847225
I mostly liked how cheesy and OTT everything was desu
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.