[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm so tired of going to therapists, doing what they tell

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

I'm so tired of going to therapists, doing what they tell me to do, keeping appointments and commitments when for the last year I've never felt any hope I'll regain my life 3 years ago and I'll just kill myself in a couple years when it's no longer bareable.

Should I just stop going to therapy, lie in bed all day on laptop? as it is the more I do the worse I feel and the less I'm able to engage in escapism which is the only brief relief I get from this Hell
>>
I don't know. Self improvement is the biggest meme of them all.

My psychiatrist makes me uncomfortable, they make me come back once a month. Telling me to get my lithium levels tested but not telling me how. There is nothing to do. Torrent a game I'll never have the motivation to play.
>>
>>37840553
Give up on therapy if you wish, but don't give up on life. Don't stop trying to improve. Don't stop fighting.
>>
same feeling I have right now, been going to psychiatrist for 3 years and have not gained any hope or motivation to self improve, it always ends in misery anyway and I end up feeling worse
>>
>>37840822
AhhhhhhahHHHHHHHGHH!
Please go away, please please please. Not being ironic. I honestly wish people like you would go away. You realise depression makes things uninteresting? You come here, spout your normietier bullshit expecting to get a pat on the back because
>I dun gud guise
And yet it isn't going to do anything because there is no meat to what you say, there is no "why" just do it man, like just get happy, keep going man it'll only take a random, ever increasing amount of time for you to get happy

Honestly, the best thing you could do is go away
>>
>>37840822
what are your qualifications? have you dropped your life, let it pass by and move on without you for years, become NEET/shutin/depressed with no hope and then come out of it feeling happy with how you are compard to how you were before your life was destroyed? even if I get rid of my anxiety I can't get back the friends I used to have and I can't make new ones that I'll like. What's the point trying to improve if I have no motivation to improve? I've always hoped there's a wonder drug that would give me the enthusiasm I'd need to get out,and maybe there is, but I've only got ssri's to choose from

not trying to be an asshole but you really need to listen to >>37840919. Can call us assholes, say we're selfish for giving up on life, but there's no real improvement if there's no motivation/enthusiasm

>>37840845
I feel you anon. I've been doing therapy for 6 years and they haven't been able to help me with anything other than OCD. it's like they've never met a case of a classical shut-in, they could've stopped this early on the warning signs were all there. Now I've become so isolated and everyone's outgrown me and I've got nothing to live for and it's too late to stop my life from disappearing (it already has).

Psychiatrists and therapists are fucking useless
>>
>>37841047
This is me all over. I hate it when family/therapists keep saying the only person that can change you is you. Well yeah that's correct, but if I have no motivation to change I'll never change, I've yet to see something that I would want to pursue be it hobby, job, relationships, friends etc.
>>
The last few things that interest me are reading, guns/weapons, and spending time in nature. I have a backlog of books, so I don't need money for that, guns require too much money, and nature is free. I honestly have no idea why people say it gets better. None of them experience this.
>>
>>37840919
Take it or leave it this is my own experience with depression
I got depressed a year after highschool, I still don't know why.
I quit my job and everything and ended up on a down spiral
At my worst I spent months not getting out of bed, I just wanted to sleep my life away and had massive panic attacks all the time especially when I was outside
I went through 10 different anti depressants Wich where all shit and none of them worked
I tried to Sudoku
And then after three years I slowly got better and I still don't know why
Am I happy? No
Am I better off because I was depressed? No
Did it give me a different Outlook on life? Yes, now it's worse
Was it worth it to put up with it? Meh
Would I put up with three years of depression again? Fuck no I would jump in front of a train day one

Point being you can kill yourself you pretty much can't do anything else about it, chances are you will get over it eventually without any explanation why
>>
>>37841177
Ok and then what? Once again, you state a point with nothing there. It's pretty cool that you had depression, but is that supposed to convince me or any other depressed person not to kill ourselves?
>>
>>37841206
no, killing yourself is a valid option, i would kill myself if i got it back
point being that you cant do anything about it and it goes away on its own
its like a disease, you lay in bed forever feeling like shit and then it goes away
>>
>>37841242
Ok. So are you or are you not the faggot who I originally sperged out on?
>>
>only thing thats kept me going for the past decade is a scrappers attitude and a misplaced sense of pride
>make one slip up
>mother is now convinced i'm an alcoholic
>is making me choose one of the 4 rehab centers she chose plus a therapist
How fucked am i and how bad will this be?
>>
>>37841268
im not
originafuckthebot
>>
Therapists are a joke, they are telling you stuff anyone already knows.
In the end, if you are willing to change, you can most probably do it yourself..
If you have given up, like myself, nobody and no medication will change anything about it.

I am 30 years old and things will only get worse.
>>
>>37841177
i have been depressed for over 5 years you faggot.Stop spouting out bullshit.
>>
>>37841177
nigga, I've had severe anxiety since I could fuckin remember it ain't just gonna go away. I've had depression since I was 12 so over a decade now that shit doesn't fucking end when u get older, it gets worse
>>
Therapy is trash. Pseudo-science garbage. Practically shamen, voodoo'ing you into giving them money. Fuck them all. Absolute trash.
>>
>>37841288
I see. I am sorry for being disrespectful
>>
therapists can give you a professional diagnosis that i can use to get NEETbux right?
>>
>>37841393
better to go to psychiatrist instead of psychologist for neetbux
>>
>>37841206
Different anon here, I still have bouts of depression, ever since 10 years ago. It came with no reason, but mellowed out with also no reason.

So unlike the anon you replied to, i still have these bouts every few months, just less severe. I do hate that I keep trying to be more productive, but every now and then these bouts come in and wreck things. However, since I've regained the ability to feel pleasure from activities, I have reasons to live, even though I still hope for these bouts to disappear completely. So yeah, hang in there, because it's fully possible that one day you look back and realize all the pleasant things you wouldn't have been able to do, if you had died.
>>
>>37841461
dont psychiatrists just try to load you up on medication? what if i'm not interested in taking pills that will fuck me up even worse
>>
>>37841393
>>37841612

Psychiatrists are actualy docs, while psychologists simply graduated from psychology major.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.