[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news /2017/jun/19/otto-warmbi

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: goofed.jpg (48KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
goofed.jpg
48KB, 620x372px
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/19/otto-warmbier-dies-coma-student-north-korea-prison

Thoughts on this? At the time I was pretty smug about some arrogant Chad having to face the consequences of his shitty actions for the first time in his life but now I almost feel sorry for him.

What the hell is happening to me?
>>
You've been FLUORIDATED. Enjoy those man boobs you tap water drinking faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 720x678px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 720x678px
>>37839363
I never wished him ill, but I did think he was a Chad.

Then I saw how kind of exuberant/goofy/cringy he was. Then I saw the footage of him in court crying his eyes out from fear.

And I realized he wasn't really a Chad. The only people really mourning him are his family, not some wide circle of cool friends. He had no girlfriend.

He wasn't exactly a robot, but he definitely wasn't a Chad. Either way he didn't deserve what happened to him.
>>
>>37839363
It's called basic empathy OP, congrats. He was an idiot yes, and a frat boy and all that, but still a guy who was tortured for mild theft, died young, was scared shitless, has people who genuinely care about him and who are now grieving, etc, etc
>>
>>37839640
>>37839675
Hey, robots aren't as devoid of empathy as you might think you know.

I guess at the time I avoided looking at any of the trial footage because I wanted to indulge my own narrative of arrogant frat douchebag getting his just desserts, set myself up a nice little strawman and avoid anything that might burst that bubble. Why would anyone empathise with a semi-fictionalise caricature?

Looking back on the videos retrospectively it's actually quite chilling
>>
>>37839363

Chad got what he deserved. No sympathy.
>>
>>37839363
Same thing happened to me.
I feel sick thinking of what they did to him for something so meaningless in the long term. I am a very emotional person though, so I may not be the stereotypical robot.
>>
>>37839794
Humans are just complex. He could have acted ultra-chad-douchebag at his frat parties for all we know, but most people have a good/human side as well. Even so-called villains like pablo escobar, who lots of people have good reason to hate, care for their families deeply (i'm glad escobar is dead but i'm just saying)
>>
Fuck him. Its like feeling sorry for someone jumping into a lions pit, I wouldn't even step foot in N.korea, fucking retard.
>>
He was a normie, not a Chad.
>>
>when whitey realizes he has no white privilege in ncorea
>>
>>37839956
Yeah, I agree. Normie but a bit goofy, 'Chad' wasn't my first thought when I first saw he was detained. I'm genuinely saddened by what has happened.
>>
>>37839893
Yeah, I think part of the reason I found it hard to feel for him initially was the fact that anybody could be quite so pants-on-head retarded made the whole situation kinda surreal
>>
>>37839363
>some chad kike who acted like a fuckwit in a country notorious for punishing fuckwittery gets memed on

Like I give a fuck

Plus,

Seppos die I laugh
>>
>>37839363
Don't feel bad, he broke the law and deserved to be punished. The North Koreans are a very orderly people that don't take kindly to foreigners breaking the law.
>>
>>37839640
>Then I saw the footage of him in court crying his eyes out from fear.
He wasn't crying from fear, you goofball. He was putting on an act of sincerity and compunction in hopes of being released by those deranged savages. Once back in the US I'm certain he would loudly and vilely condemn them with great vitriol.
>>
>he willingly goes there, agreeing to rules of conduct.
>he breaks the rules of conduct knowingly and gets memed on
>he cries and is shocked that real consequences can actually touch him

He was spoiled by a prior life without any real negative consequences for pulling shit and he darwin awarded himself feeling like he was untouchable.

His delusional, smug genes are now out of the gene pool thanks to based north korea.
>>
>>37839363
He was an idiot but it's sad that it ended this way. I always assumed america would call Nks bluff and he would released after a year. I was pretty shocked when i read it in the news
>>
>>37839888
>He is verbally abusive to the waiter but he is nice to me xD
>>
>>37840373
No you have autism. He was obviously shitting himself just like anybody would if they where in his possition
>>
>>37840366
I'm not well versated in this case, but, on one side North Koreans might have just decided to fuck that guy in particular by claiming he's a spy stealing propaganda. On the other why would any sane man set foot in North Korea?
>>
>>37839363
Nothing wrong with having empathy. Ignore the 16 year old edgelords here.
>>
>>37839875
The term robot is really vague anyway. Everyday you see threads saying things like "you aren't a robot if you don't have x". This whole thing about deviding society into robots, cyborgs, chads, normies, is retarded
>>
File: 13134310.jpg (21KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
13134310.jpg
21KB, 620x320px
>>37839363
PIECE OF SHIT HAD IT COMING FUKIN CHAD BET HE GOT PUT IN A GULAG CAMP AND COULDNT HANDLE IT KEK
>>
>>37840538
Your fatass wouldn't handle it either. After three days you'd be practicing autocannibalism
>>
>>37840501
You would understand if you were a robot.
>>
>>37840590
I'm probably one of the biggest losers on this board anon. But i don't consider myself to be a "robot", i'm just Me.
>>
File: 1492903605849.jpg (18KB, 592x436px) Image search: [Google]
1492903605849.jpg
18KB, 592x436px
>>37840443
this desu, Chad

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>actually beliving it was a 22 year old student

lel this guy was 100% cia
>>
>>37840786
No way was he cia. Nk would have made a HUGE thing about if that where the case. He was just a poor bastard that got caught doing something stupid
>>
>>37840833
why would they kill a student tho
>>
>>37840864
Because they have a beef with the u.s and it sends a message to the world that they are dangerous and people shouldn't fuck with them
>>
one more normie down
>>
>>37840373

Lmao I'm starting to understand why you call yourselves robots if this is how you think. You truly are hopeless.
>>
>>37840500
if you empathise with a chad, then you don't belong here, chad
>>
>>37841008

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE IM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAYJJJJJJJJJJ
>>
>>37839675
This is what we should do with every thief and criminal. That kind of fear and helplessness will make sure it doesn't happen again
>>
>>37839363
Chad vs real life 0-1

This what happens with these arrogant fuckwits when they finally get punished for breaking the rules.
>>
>>37840443
Women love this. I dated a girl for years because she knew I was an asshole but thought I wouldn't be an asshole to her. She was a girl who hated everyone but didn't hate me. She couldn't understand why I was an asshole to her if she didn't hate me. Dumb cunt

>>37839888
Why do you hate Pablo? Some dumb fucking maymay show you saw which told you he was bad? Or is helping the poor with his vast wealth a bad thing?
>>
hmmmm where should I act like a fuckwit and steal shit
mmmmmm north korea sounds good
>>
>>37840971

upvoted u go girl tell him awfffff Lol
>>
>>37841061
It's funny you should talk about real life when you spend your days behind a computer screen. What the fuck do you know about life m8. You think you're in a position to sit and judge other people? Yeah
>>
>>37841111
Quads wasted on bait
>>
File: 1493638182672.jpg (55KB, 650x402px) Image search: [Google]
1493638182672.jpg
55KB, 650x402px
>wake up
>notices thread about Chad being btfo'ed by best Korea

It's pretty good day until now lads.
>>
>>37841117
It's not bait it's the truth and my quads prove it, sucker
>>
>>37840538
Americans have survived in NK gulags before. I think he tried to escape or something.
>>
>>37841147
Go to hell.
I mean it.
>>
>>37841280
Oh shit he actually means it. Really got me this time
>>
>>37840443
I wouldnt date someone who's rude to waiters yet good to others, but their death would be a pity unless they were psychopaths. For example, lots of people here laughing over someone's death like they are actual psychopaths without basic human empathy, but for all i know, they are horribly lonely and depressed teenagers and have some kind of good side
>>
>>37841314
Stop it. You aren't making a statement here. Leave me alone.
>>
>>37841325
Nigga i'm just answering you. And i am making a statement, i think you're a spineless bastard who thinks it's funny to laugh at other peoples suffering
>>
File: b52.png (1MB, 1294x1230px) Image search: [Google]
b52.png
1MB, 1294x1230px
>>37840311
Yet another bitter strine shitposting from his slow ass ISP.
>>
>>37839363

No he's had too pleasant a life/upbringing for me to feel bad for him, whether or not he's guilty is irrelevant. From what I hear they make you do 10 hours of labour and then put you in isolation for the rest of the day, considering he was graduating in months and was well on his way to investment banking he must've had a lot to think about.
>>
>>37841129
I think the general consensus here is that he was a normie to be sure but not a Chad
>>
>>37839363
>Chose to go to norkistan
>Chose to poke the nork bear
>common knowledge how they treat their OWN GODDAMNED CITIZENS

And thats where everyone should stop feeling bad about his fate.
>>
>>37841427
Go to hell. I really mean it!!
>>
>>37839363
>chad goes to a country notorious for human rights abuses and imprisoning American citizens on a whim
>is pants-shittingly retarded, tries stealing from the regime and gets arrested
>gets fucked up while in North Korean custody
>waaahh, poor, poor chad, how could this happen?
Fuck that guy. He's basically a darwin award
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.