[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to see my psychiatrist in about 9 hours today, on the notion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (71KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 480x454px
Going to see my psychiatrist in about 9 hours today, on the notion that I may have undiagnosed ADD/ADHD

All signs point towards having it, so I don't have much doubts about getting diagnosed properly. What I am worried about, is being labeled as a drug seeker or something and never getting the help I need because I may act sketchy or nervous in the appointment.

Has anyone done anything similar?
>>
>>37838049
niBBa just be yourself
>>
I am a literal drug seeker and they still prescribed me meds
>>
>>37838049
If you are a burger, you should get the meds easily, Where I live, adult ADHD is very rarely diagnosed, so I specifically browsed for doctors who had written about it. Found a guy nearby who had given a couple of talks on the subject, went there, got my stims
Be sure to have a few anecdotes about your simptoms in mind, they have to occur in different areas (not only at work/college, also at home, with friends etc)
>>
>>37838049
I thought this was a fake disorder? i have every symptom of this and even failed school entirely because of it
>>
>>37838049
are u unemployed? how did you get anyone to believe you have it?
>>
>>37838049
in order to avoid being a drug-seeker, take their recommended drug (probably an anti-depressant), and then 1 month later, say it don't work and pop the adderall question

patience padawan. Waiting 1 month is totally worth it for adderall.
>>
>>37838049
I fucking hate hearing about Adhd i obviously have it but nobody i know believes its a real disorder
>>
>>37839349
It's a meme disorder, but not fake. It's a spectrum, we all forget about stuff and have difficulty paying attention. However, if you are at the lower end of the spectrum, your inability to focus will fuck you up in a modern society, so it's called a "disorder".
Also, most psychiatrists are not comfortable stuffing people with amphetamines if they can't justify it as """treatment for a disorder""". It's just stims that help you focus, and that's fine.
>>
Anon, do not take the Amphetamine Jew unless you absolutely have to.
>>
>>37839392
I spent my entire school life failing nearly every class because i couldn't concentrate i Got fired from my job because i couldn't focus on what my boss was saying, now im just drinking my life away I wish it was a real disorder it would explain so damn much
>>
>>37839367
Not OP but i live where only rit can be prescribed for adhd. Not sure if adderall would be more effective, but the ritalin does help literally every adhd person i do know, in getting their shit together (for some reason, i have a very disproportionate number of friends with adhd). That said, any of these stims have some addictive potential, but that's mostly from people who want to chase some stupid high and up to recreational doses
>>
>>37839438
Boi, you are 100% diagnosable with ADD. In your case, it would make a hell of a difference. The fact that it's a meme disorder doesn't mean that the amphetamines won't help. Go to your closest Shlomo Shekelstein and get your meds
>>
>>37839480
im a guy who's been prescribed ritalin for 30 days and adderall for 30 days. Adderall is like 100x better.

don't waste your time. Adderall is the official drug for adhd anyway.
>>
>>37839633
Nah no one in my family believes its a real disorder and im sure you need them to get an official diagnosis
>>
uppers downers inners outers... at the right times do have very beneficial(and sometimes fun) uses.

But be carefull in your endeavors getting a script to not brainwash yourself into thinking those meds are a silver bullet fix for your problems. They're good for times when you want to focus or to just get a buzz on sure...

kind of like treating a head ache from being dehydrated by just taking aspirin instead of drinking water

Just like xanax to chill out or taking an ambien to sleep is all good... if you're not careful next thing they're the only way you're able to stay calm or go to sleep in the long run and heaven knows I'm much more productive when I'm not wired.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.