[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, they're developing technology that will detect if

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 11

File: az.jpg (163KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
az.jpg
163KB, 800x450px
Robots, they're developing technology that will detect if you're going to commit suicide.

>this means that if someone runs the device on you
>and a loud warning siren comes out.
>they will tackle you and restrain you and lock you in the hospital
>you won't be able to leave for weeks/months till you stop being suicidal
>they will force you to take meds & therapy till you're happy
>if they still detect you to be suicidal
>they will tell your whole family & all your friends and employer
>everyone in your life will know you're suicidal and your life will get ruined.

Are you guys okay with this?
You can no longer hide the fact you're suicidal.

Imagine if employers use the device and scan you. Then reject you if you're suicidal and then a swat team rushes into the building to beat you up.
>>
>>37821149
Are they really developing something like this?

I t wouldn't surprise me. Just shows how normies are. They hate suicidal people. You know, killing yourself is essentially a destruction of government property.
>>
>>37821149
ITT Normie worries about their family and friends thinking they're suicidal.
You're not as good at hiding self harm as you think
>>
>>37821149
>suicidal scanner device

haha good joke OP. Who is "they"?
>>
>>37821149
This will just lead to more suicide by cop and mass shootings. Not only is it evil to force someone to live that doesn't want to, but it will have severe consequences for society. Stupid normies talk a lot of shit about stopping suicide, but they never want to address the causes.
>>
>>37821149
>suicidal scanner device
this will just be used by the government to forcibly capture people lol
>>
I guess I live in a hospital now
>>
>>37821243
https://www.reddit.com/r/science/comments/6i5luh/science_ama_series_im_dr_jessica_ribeiro_a/
>>
>be suicidal teen
>scanned
>forced into a padded room and forced into antidepressants

>becomes more suicidal
>whole life is robbed from him
>>
>>37821400
It's almost as if some people don't share their suicidal tendencies for a reason.

The fact that these professionals can't even FIGURE THAT OUT, shows they're completely inept at giving help.

I blame all the autistic suicidal kids who are suicidal because they got a B instead of an A in math class. People with their meme depression is hurting the credibility of others.
>>
>>37821336
This is insane. Look at all the people celebrating it. They actually think it's sensible to ruin someones life and make him live because he wants to kill himself?

Are they serious? Don't they see just how deranged they are?
>>
>>37821579
This is going to cause people to avoid going to hospitals/doctors altogether just to avoid any scenario where they might get scanned for suicidal urges.

Which will cause far more problems.

Then imagine this, if this became mandatory for things such as applying for a driver license, or if you were going to college they made sure all kids are scanned for suicidal tendencies.

If they find out you're suicidal they tell all the staff at the school or where you work to observe your behavior. (as if you're some kind of psychopath.)

The worst I'd see is if they tag your ID/driver license with a mark that lets people know you're suicidal.

That way you're not allowed to touch a knife or anything dangerous lul.

INB4 this prevents you from buying a gun and having forced curfews.

Normies will say they're helping reduce suicide and pat each other on the back.

>inb4 someone reads this reply and actually thinks this is all a good idea and tells the government.
>>
>>37821706
looks like psychopass shit.
It's bad
>>
>>37821706
It's a terrible idea. Why make someone suffer longer? I just don't understand it.

Why do they think it's so bad for someone to take their life? I'd really like an answer.
>>
>>37821751
they're atheist
>>
>>37821751
They have no empathy and believe that people can't be suicidal for a reason.
Want proof that they have no empathy?
When was the last time a normie asked you WHY you're suicidal?
If you tell someone you're suicidal they will tell you to see a therapist or call a hotline. They will NOT ask you WHY you're suicidal.

They can't comprehend such a possibility that you guys might be suicidal for a reason
>>
>>37821809
So am I. Honestly I think they're afraid. They're afraid of how simple is it to end it.

Normies always try to push through even when shit is bad for them. And truth is other than the few really succesful people, most of them work hard and get almost nothing back. But they justify it. It scares them to see people quitting the dumb game they keep playing even though the rules are completely unfair.
>>
File: maxresdefault-11.jpg (232KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-11.jpg
232KB, 1600x900px
they're telling us what the future might look like as well

this is the danger of centralized power

this is the danger of human frailty
>>
I'm not even remotelt suicidal, though it is comforting to know if everything absolutely goes to shit, I have a way out. This scares the shit out of me. I don'tunderstand why Normies are so against it, if someone is suffering enough to be done with life, let them kill themselves. If they truly wanted to be humane they'd figure out ways to let these people die in the most peaceful and painless way possible.
>>
>>37821848
but they think existing and suffering is better than not existing.
>>
>>37821945
And that's where they are wrong. Would you rather live the rest of your life being constantly beaten and raped or would you rather be dead?
>>
>>37821945
This is how I personally feel for myself, though that's completely my preference, I don't understand people trying to force that on others. If someone wants to be done, or a way out of this life, let them.
>>
>>37821336
>be autismo
>can just say it's a false positive because my brain don't work normal and they're being ableist
>>
>>37821149
the government doesn't give a fuck if you kill yourself, if you're already that depressed ur probably doing jackshit for society anyway
>>
>>37822017
You do realize YOU are paying for our healthcare right?
If someone is suicidal or has clinical depression it comes out of taxes.

You are paying for all our help, our meds & therapy and everything.

It is making doctors rich. Suicidal people are very profitable as long as you keep them on the brink of death.

If you fix their problems you will stop making money, so you have to keep them suicidal but not enough to make them end it. But enough to give them hope to keep giving your hospital money.

It's one of the most profitable meme's in the medical industry.
>>
Wasn't there a videogame based on shit?
>not psychopass (sorry for not knowing if videogame or not)
>>
>>37821149
Why do they want us alive so bad? Why can't I go to the government to buy a lethal dose of barbiturates to kill myself comfortably?
>>
>>37822133
Well you know how it is. For there to be winners, there have to be losers.

If Chads gets a lot out of life for little effort, that means there must also be robot losers who work all their lives off and aren't even average.
>>
>>37821751
It's because they believe life is worth living for everyone. Even if you're in endless psychological torment, at least you're not a starving child in Africa, at least you're not being actively tortured, at least you COULD get better. Basically, going off the idea that "it could always be worse".

Also the impact it has on friends and family, but that doesn't matter here.
>>
>>37821243
The 'they' in 'thats what they say'
>>
>>37821149
I've never even seen Psycho-Pass but I kinda want to now.
>>
>>37822156
>Even if you're in endless psychological torment, at least you're not a starving child in Africa, at least you're not being actively tortured, at least you COULD get better. Basically, going off the idea that "it could always be worse".
I never understood this point to be honest. It's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>37822199
you could have been a starving white child in africa.
Does it make sense now?
I know you don't consider africans human
>>
>>37822320
It doesn't.

Just because my life could have been even worse due to circumstances out of my control does that mean I have to be glad for the shit that I take now?
>>
>>37822199
>I never understood this point to be honest.

Me neither

>Normalfag passes by a man being stabbed in the street
>He's coughing up blood, heaving through pained moans as his assailant renovates his insides
>Normalfag leans down toward the man
>"STARVING AFRICAN CHILDREN" he screams
>Man dies
>Normalfag walks away feeling dandy about himself
>>
It's not a fucking scanner you dipshits. It's like some sort of ai. It's a program that looks for signs you are a suicider. They won't be out scanning people and throwing them in mental hospitals. They're going to use it in mental hospitals to diagnose people. Even that isn't possible. The lady in the AMA seems to know very little and this doesn't seem like it's actually going to happen. Just read the thread.
>>
File: madara uchiha winners and losers.jpg (69KB, 1024x1021px) Image search: [Google]
madara uchiha winners and losers.jpg
69KB, 1024x1021px
>>37822146
yes. Nicely said dear boy
>>
>>37822361
More so when for many people normalfags are actually the reason they are so fucked. Just look at all the bullied and humiliated robots on /r9k/. They get humiliated in their formative years, due to that they are fucked up and normies will just tell them to be happy they're not starving african children. So hillarious.
>>
>>37821706
I already stopped going to counselors and psychiatrists for my depression because I got sick of their bullshit and trying to pump me full of pulls that made me much worse. If they start scanning yiu so you can be involuntarily committed that would be the last straw.

>>37821751

Normies think death is the worst fate one can have because they live happy, sheltered lives in which that is true. They are either unwilling or incapable of accepting that there are fates worse than death, and that for many, suicide is the more appealing alternative. In short, they lack empathy.
>>
>>37822361
>Normalfag passes by a man being stabbed in the street
more likely to happen in africa too
>>
this might sound crazy, but an outside force has infiltrated my mind to try and get me to do something with my life

it's scary because I can't live up to it's expectations, it even tells me to kill myself sometimes part of it's mind games

something questionable is happening to humanity
>>
>>37822320
whenever a woman gets raped I tell her "at least he didn't kill you :^)"
or "at least he used lube :^)"
>>
>>37822416
>In short, they lack empathy.
Normies have empathy. But only for women, children and cripples.

Men who got fucked by society aren't on their radar.
>>
File: Wehappyfew.jpg (189KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wehappyfew.jpg
189KB, 1920x1080px
Don't forget to take your joy today /r9k/!
>>
>>37822460
only certain cripples at that
>>
>>37822375
implying that after it's built they won't base the scanner off this technology.
>>
>>37822460
That's still a lack of empathy if men as a whole are left out of it. They do not care about us, they make no effort to understand the causes of our suicidal urges, and the most they are willing to do is to try to force us to stay alive so they can feel good about themselves at our expense.
>>
File: lovelight.jpg (66KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
lovelight.jpg
66KB, 604x604px
>tfw you've fused with the collective unconscious of /r9k/

>your thoughts change the reality of /r9k/
>it's thoughts change the reality of your life

stop fucking this up for me guys
>>
>>37822540
>think traps aren't gay
>suddenly trap threads pop up all over /r9k/
>suddenly I'm bombarded with proof that traps aren't gay
Wala
>>
>>37822509
We are expendable. That's the point.
>>
>>37822720
Then why oppose our suicide so voraciously?
>>
>>37822756
Because they consider us to be their assets. Something to further their superior life. If we are to be expended, they expect to get some us out of us (like in war). If they can't use us, then our death was useless. Like if you killed yourself right after finishing your studies. Huge waste for them.
>>
>>37822015
Hahaha fuck you Jerry I told you my autism wasn't worthless.
>>
On the positive side it should help "them" understand what the risk factors behind suicide are and perhaps "they" will begin to understand how to prevent those factors from occurring rather than suppressing the results of them.

You know how "they" are. "They" have to poke and prod at everything before "they" can understand it, intuition is a lost art. Hopefully "they" won't use it to fuck us but it might be a smokescreen desu.
>>
>>37822972
Normally I'd call this some extreme conspiracy bullshit, but I'm past that sort of view.
>>
>>37822798
Ah, so it's not our lives they want, it's our labor and a return on their investments? That makes sense; kind of like how women get pissed whenever they see a man relaxing rather than slaving for them
>>
>>37823011
Exactly. This way of thinking perfectly explains why normies hate suicide.
>>
>>37822997
It was sort of a joke, with the quotation marks
I'm using "they" as a pronoun for just about anyone, but just about anyone is so divorced from humanity that they might as well be """"them"""", as in aliens or ghosts or cultists or some shit.
>>
it is a fact that normies only worry about suicides because it reflects badly on them if someone they know snuffs themselves
it's a real irksome stain on their reputation to be perceived as an non-compassionate, or aloof acquaintance to a hopeless and hapless individual
>>
>>37821149
If someone tried to forcibly restrain me for being suicidal I'd start shooting and tell the cops they were assaulting me. But that doesn't matter because this device you speak of doesn't exist, likely never will, and theyd never use it in this manner you delusional faggot
>>
>>37823090
why are normies so much more hateful than us?
>>
>>37821149
Highly unlikely and impossible to implement both financially and physically besides People will find ways to circumvent it or oppose it.
This is just click bait bullshit and you have all fallen for it.
>>
>>37822146
but I'm an uneducated female from a blue collar middle class family and I have no desire to become some guy's breeding cow. I'm too much of an idiot and shy to go the Mother Teresa route. Suicide is really my best option and decapitation by train is my best method to do it. Which is really fucking shitty for a number of reasons. There's no good reason for why someone shouldn't be able to go to their government for assisted suicide.
>>
>>37823176
""'"""human"""""" detected
I got my eye on you
>>
>>37823035
It somehow feels worse to only be valued for your contributions than to not be valued at all.
>>
>>37823189
Well don't this as me agreeing with what I'm gonna say.

However what you desire or not doesn't matter. The way they see it, you are here to be their breeding cow. And they will stop you in any way from not fulfilling your role.

Why would government kill of inferior males? Their assets? It would make no sense from their perspective. You think of yourself as human, they think of you as an asset.
>>
>>37823176
psycho pass is not clickbait
It could happen
>>
>>37823189
>female

Stopped reading there.
>>
>>37823189
You don't have to be my breeding cow, but can I have some money please.

I'll let you peg me.
>>
>>37823189
hey as a female you have value. You have a vagina and many people want that dude.
YOU'RE VALUABLE
>>
>>37823189
You know, having countless people care about you regardless of what you say/think/do means you have inherent value.

Men however are only valued based on what they do. They have no inherent value. They will never be loved for who they are.
>>
>>37823258
Women have value by simply existing unlike men.

"Women are human beings. Men are human doings." Just more proof that life as a woman is life on easy mode
>>
>>37823275
>>37823258
Don't listen to these losers. You're a human meatbag just like anyone else, and you can kill yourself like any person.
>>
>>37823221
You are right it's fictional
and unlikely to be implemented in here in the states not with so many people willing to fight for their freedom and die for it.

>>37823196
>""'"""human"""""" detected
What did they mean by this?

Thirsty you fucking faggots?
>>37823220 >>37823223 >>37823242 >>37823258 >>37823275
>>
>>37823189
>There's no good reason for why someone shouldn't be able to go to their government for assisted suicide.
Time, money, and controversy senpai
If your government had assisted suicide programs they could produce propaganda meant to steer people with certain attributes towards them. It'd become a fucking mess really fast. Suicide should always be the loneliest choice you will ever make, because if it isn't it's almost always disguised murder.
I know no one asked for this life so it shouldn't take so much effort to end it but forcing a suicidal person to take their own initiative is the only right way to handle it from an individualist's perspective. If you're into coercion and fascism and shit, though, then I guess it might be ok.
>>
>>37823327
You can always spot a roastie by them being triggered by the truth. The only thing they hate more than the truth is responsibility.
>>
Wouldnt it be better to get help than to suffer?
>>
>>37823363
"Help" only prolongs your suffering.
>>
>>37823335
I don't think that many people would be willing to die for it in the future, if anything people have already proved that they don't care if the government spies on them as long as they get to go about their daily lives.
>>
>>37823363

Normies don't help though. They will never acknowledge the cause of your suicidal tendencies, and will instead pump you full of drugs so you operate like a zombie despite the misery. They have no interest in your well being, just in ensuring you contribute your labor for their benefit. Dead men can't work.
>>
>>37823363
Depends on what help is, and who's helping. The problem is that normalfags think they're allowed to take control of the situation because you're "insane" (a conclusion they only arrive at because they can't understand alternate perspectives), and they often do more harm than good.

The truth is that most psychs and normalfags in general don't have the ability to help you, but they also don't want you to die, whether it's because they want to avoid the pain of seeing you die, virtue signaling, genuine love, or whatever else. So they force interventions that don't do anything to stall in a desperate attempt to make reality conform to what it ideally would be rather than what it is, and failing spectacularly. You have to give them credit for giving a shit at all, even if it's just to mine you for more resources or whatever people are saying ITT. It's better than actively encouraging suicide imo.
>>
>>37823444
This is why I think those that say a totalitarian, dystopia future can't happen are idiots. People will eat an incredible amount of shit and give up almost everything as long as they have their "Bread and circuses" and their day to day life is ok. Just look at how many rights we've already lost in america without anyone really caring. Almost the whole Bill of Rights is violated daily and it's so normalized that the document is basically toilet paper now.
>>
>>37823363
they don't "help" people. If they helped people they wouldn't be making as much money as they do now by giving you false hope and prolonging your problems.
>>
>>37823337
We shouldn't be getting in the way of natural selection. If someone can't survive they shouldn't survive. That includes people who can't think for themselves. Let the people who deserve this world have it.
>>
>>37822756
No one likes broken toys.
>>
>>37823484
I stopped caring a long time ago, it can't be fixed anymore. I decided to stick around until mid thirties to see if there's a sign of a great war or robot waifus, if not then bye.
>>
>>37823543

I'm really only sticking around for the thought of robot waifus and/or manufactured women. Also space travel, but humans are too retarded to pursue the final frontier so I gave up on that one.
>>
>>37823502
>someone disagrees with me
>is a social darwinist
Not surprising at all. Good thing that although your ideology is surprisingly predominant, it's not the only one in existence and there's enough competition preventing the gov't from creating gas chambers that it guilts people into thinking they want to enter when really they don't.

This is a huge anti-suicide meme, but it applies, so I'm gonna say it: personal conditions are temporary. Some people who can't think for themselves could become brilliant if they're given the opportunity to instead of slaughtered at the very first sign of weakness. Ruthlessness might cut out a lot of crap but in the end it's for the shortsighted and it has probably cut out a lot of other beautiful stuff that we will never know because of it. Can't expect a flower to grow unless you water it nigga, it's not faulty if it fails to when you don't.
>>
>>37823564
Even if space travel happened people would form countries out of the new worlds and just go to war each other. Even if we escape from here's no escaping humanity.
>>
>>37823564
>>37823543
>they think a machine modeled after a human will make them happy

Hate to break it to you guys, but you're the only person that can make you happy.
>>
>>37823377
>>37823453
>>37823457
>>37823495
Therapy and medication works though. Your severe depression is your enemy making you feel hopeless
>>
>>37823587
No one is talking about slaughter. But if someone wants to kill themselves, they should have the right to do that without getting their lives ruined.

Not him by the way.
>>
>>37823595
>implying I actually want to form an emotional connection with a hunk of metal
I just want a robo maid it's not that much to ask for
>>
>>37823617
Typical. Except wrong.

All the reasons why I'm miserable are objective. I am short, ugly, poor, my family is also poor, I have a small penis, am stupid. Want me to go on?

All objective things which mean that even if I work my ass off I will get less than people who got born gifted. It's not depression that is my enemy. It's my inferiority.
>>
>>37823637
>But if someone wants to kill themselves, they should have the right to do that without getting their lives ruined.
I agree wholeheartedly, which is why I come from the position that the government, and society in general, should have no power at all to influence another's right to die. Sentiments can be made known but as someone pulls some involuntary hospitalization or mind-reading app shit, they've crossed the line. Government assisted suicide is also, on the flipside, crossing the line.
>>
>>37823593
Shit, at least it'd be in space. If we have to deal with the same bullshit then we could at least do it somewhere cooler. Would you rather starve to death in a dark cellar, or out in a beautiful forest?

>>37823595

That's hilariously wrong. Having access to companionship and sex is hugely important for your mental well being and happiness. Most depression is due to men being deprived of some of the most basic necessities of a social, sexual creature that humans are.
>>
>>37823617
Shut the fuck up you dumbass.
I took medicine & therapy for 6 years.
It didn't help.

So I stopped taking it, and got friends and it fixed those problems for me.

You're an asshole for feeding people lies. People like you WANT people to be miserable by telling them these lies.
>>
>>37821181
Fuck thats soo deep.
>>
>>37823685
*but as soon as
>>
>>37823617
I've been on over a dozen meds and been in therapy for half my life. You're wrong, or have you not heard of Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder? It's a meme that depression can be fixed. At most, if you're lucky, your depression will become manageable enough that you can tolerate existing. THATS a success story.
>>
You guys are letting your depression talk. Its almost like you want to be misetable.
>>
>>37823747
Funny how this sentence alone can render anything you say invalid in minds of normies. It's great. Any opposition gets discarded as mental illness and you get drugged. Perfect.
>>
>>37823747
t. normie

If you can't understand us, or at least have a modicum of empathy, then don't post.
>>
File: 1497855692072.jpg (128KB, 737x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497855692072.jpg
128KB, 737x720px
>several years ago
>thirteen at the time
>talk to therapist to work out problems
>tell them im suicidal
>call in doctor
>send me to psychiatric center
>practically punishing me for trying to better myself
>they make me be around edgy kids
>ask me if im better
>i still want to die
>pretend i dont
>leave
>thousands of dollars in debt for family
>>
>>37823692
I'd probably just wander somewhere until wildlife gets me.
>>
>>37823797
>anon actually believes that almost the entire planet is composed of a group of conspirators called "normies" that is poised against him and others like him
Hmmm sounds like paranoid schizophrenia to me
>>
>>37821149
I'm not suicidal and never have been. It just doesn't make sense to me. The comparison I use (which some people disagree with) is dropping out of school to avoid bad grades. That shit don't make sense, because grades only matter in the context of school. Similarly, committing suicide seems to me to be like dropping out of life, just to avoid something (failure, negative emotions, personal drama, whatever) that only matters in the context of life. I can see other legitimate reasons for suicide (absolute ennui or constant physical pain), but I wouldn't liken those to bad grades in my comparison. Ennui would be disinterest in education; it makes sense to drop out if you don't give a shit. I can't really see a good comparison for constant physical pain though.
>>
File: 082.gif (980KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
082.gif
980KB, 305x320px
>>37823805
>thought my story was unique until I read this.
So not only did I suffer, but my life has been done before?
>>
>>37823851
You're doing the same thing now.

But it is the truth. People do think alike in many ways. And most people who lead normal lives actually are against suicide. So it's a big group of people, that are trying to strip me of my rights. Paranoid? Keep saying that.

What else is missing. You gonna tell me it's for my own good?
>>
>>37823805
I'm almost glad that I was laughed at and told I was wrong when I confided in my family and the school counselor that I was depressed. I probably would have killed myself if I was put through that. Scorn and derision is preferable.
>>
>>37823858
Why are you posting here then? This thread is not for you, and you added absolutely nothing of worth by sharing your normie views here
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>37823872
Billions of times
Fuck, the sheer scale of repetition on just this planet alone, this tiny fucking planet, not even a noticeable fraction of the universe or even galaxy, makes me want to blow my brains out
>>
>>37823897
Why even tell anyone? How would anyone even be able to help me?
>>
>>37823889
I was joking anon I was actually trying to spin a legit criticism into some stupid bullshit like a normalfag would. Sorry for being undetectably sarcastic, it's the cancer that's killing the internet and I just contributed to it.
>>
>>37823938

Well, I shared then because I still believes in the whole "we can help" deal. Being laughed at and told I was lying by those closest to me taught me how stupid that idea was. We were all naive at one point.
>>
>>37822481
Fucking this
This is how we're going to end up if this shit ends up working
>>
>>37823958
No need to apologize. I thought you were being sarcastic, but i still thought I should reply because normies often say shit like this.
>>
I tried, and obviously failed, to kill myself a few years ago, but I think I feel a little less suicidal than I used to, so maybe I can hide it. If all else fails, I can follow >>37822015's lead and say my tourettes is screwing with the device.
>>
>>37823923

Being suicidal isn't a robot requirement, it just so happens that some robots are suicidal.

And if we want to get pedantic, OP didn't specifically address suicidal people, he said "you guys", which I took to mean robots in general, then followed it up with a statement ("you're suicidal") that is not true in my case so I posted my general thoughts on suicide and why I'm not.

In a more direct response to the questions OP asked, I guess I'd say it depends on how it's used. In some cases it makes sense for people to be aware of someone's probability of killing themselves, especially in a situation where the suicidal person has responsibilities and is depended upon.
>>
>>37823872
they did the same thing to so many girls i met there. you go to a therapist and try to confide in them, and they literally strap you to an ambulance bed and ship you off to a mental hospital.
they gave me meds and when i got off them, the withdrawl gave me splitting headaches.
>>
>>37824112
I said why are you posting IN THIS THREAD. Not very smart, are you?

Even beyond that, you didn't even address the OP itself. You didn't share your thoughts on suicidal tendency detecting tech, you just spouted normie bullshit about how you lack the empathy to understand why people would want to kill themselves. No matter how you slice it, you weren't on topic.
>>
>>37821149
Nobody cares if we live or die that much at all.
>>
>>37824301
Yeah desu this is actually the real truth
Which is sad in and of itself
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. So sad. Sosososo sad.
>>
File: 0072 - gu0XYfy.jpg (10KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
0072 - gu0XYfy.jpg
10KB, 234x250px
I genuinely wish that I had never been born. The only constant in life is death. I want to die and I am afraid of dying at the same time. What is this hell. Also it's too fucking hot in the UK and I am sweating my balls off in my underwear even in an air conditioned room.
>>
>>37824401
At least you have AC. It's 90 and I don't have a fan or AC. I'm buck ass naked and I have sweat stains on my bed in an outline of my body.
>>
>>37824255
>you didn't even address the OP itself.
I just did in the post you're responding to.

>why are you posting IN THIS THREAD
I already answered you. My original post was a response to an implication that "you guys" i.e. robots, are suicidal. If you think a comment needs to directly respond to a question posed by an OP in order to be on topic, you're not very smart, are you?

>you just spouted normie bullshit about how you lack the empathy to understand
I can understand someone having strong emotions, psychological distress, or depression. I just can't understand why that would lead them to the conclusion that death is a solution. I'm curious to know why, and I'm also curious to know why you're so dismissive of what I had to say, and why you continue to insist that I'm a normie.
>>
>>37824416
ouch, that sucks. Sorry to hear that anon. As someone with hyperhidrosis I know the pain of living in a puddle of one's own sweat far too well.
>>
>>37824401
>>37824416
>live on a planet with virtually no temperature fluctuations on a cosmic scale
>billions of years of evolution coalescing so that we can survive and thrive in our environment
>still can't tolerate it
That's IT. This is FUCKING RETARDED.
>>
>>37824420
Not in the initial post, which is why I called you out. Lots of retards on here today, thanks summer.

>I just can't understand why that would lead them to the conclusion that death is a solution

And that's why you lack empathy. If you legitimately can't understand how someone could be so miserable that death I'd more appealing than their horrid life, then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>37824439

Thanks. Wasn't trying to minimize your problems or anything, just trying to put a positive spin on your situation. It's not all bad, at least I'm not working in the sun like usual.

>>37824448

I can tolerate it, it's just uncomfortable.
>>
>>37823335
No one is thirsty for you. Fuck off.
>>
>>37823805
And this is why the US should be nuked.
>>
>>37824477

>so miserable that death Is more appealing than their horrid life
Maybe they just have overdrawn expectations about how life should be and aren't sufficiently cynical and disillusioned.

Also you seem to hold a misconception about feelings shared by many people, which is that it's necessary to act on them, fix them, control them, remove them, or do something about them. This is false. Feelings don't actually matter that much, and it's futile to attempt to control them.

And for someone accusing another person of being un-empathetic, you haven't even tried to understand what I said, you just dismissed it as "normie bullshit".
>>
>>37824735

So when you are told that you lack the empathy to understand how a suicidal person feels, you instead switch to blaming the suicidal person. Charming. It's like you're reading from the normie handbook, Mr "I'm totally not a newfag normie".

I do understand what you said. Me dismissing it for being both incorrect and misinformed isn't a lack of empathy.
>>
>>37824735
can you fuck off?
You're making things worse for everyone here.
Also stop making your posts so long.

You have these essay's that don't contribute to anything. No one gives a fuck about you, leave faggot.
>>
>>37824845

>blaming the suicidal person
I don't blame them for their feelings or their situation. I think that their judgement is in error.

>Mr "I'm totally not a newfag normie".
The fact that you continue to bring this up makes me think I've been here longer than you. If you need me to compare e-peen with you, I'll say that I've been on 4chan since 2008 and r9k since at least 2012. Time flies and memory fades. I haven't had a single friend since high school, and I'm an everythingless virgin living with his parents at 24. If you find that hard to believe, or think that I'm "laying it on thick", I'd understand, but you'd be wrong.

>Me dismissing it for being both incorrect and misinformed isn't a lack of empathy.
You haven't once attempted to put forth any sort of argument, you've simply deemed me incapable of understanding and beneath consideration. I'd call that a lack of empathy, and an abundance of hypocrisy and laziness.
>>
>>37825037
there's no point in arguing with people, anon.
it doesn't matter.
>>
You autists realize that for most people suicidal thoughts (especially in teenagers) are something temporary and fully curable?
>>
>>37825194
Curable how? Is it a temporary fix like drugs? Because I'm not doing that.
>>
>>37825037
Well, frankly I don't give much of a shit and you're not even pretending to be on topic anymore so I'm going to ignore you now. Think what you want, normie, just do it quietly.
>>
>>37825037
Quit making this about you anon.
You are just here to tell everyone their wrong hurrdurr fuck off.

If you were actually a robot you'd know why what you're doing right now is stupid as fuck.

Do you like it when some Chad walks up to you and tells you the reason you have no friends and you're a virgin is because you dont' know how to "be yourself"

You're that Chad right now.
If you weren't a virgin and if you had friends, you'd be spending your day on r9k telling all of us that you dont' understand how someone can be a virgin.

You are picking on people who you view beneath you, and you are completely unable to empathize with them. yet you have the nerve to demand empathy from us.

You're a piece of shit failed normie.
People like you are the type who try to blend in & pretend he's "one of us" but will backstab us as soon as the moment comes up.
>>
>>37825194
Yeah, by committing suicide.
>>
>>37825194
>says this despite there being oldfags who are on their 40th year of therapy

I think it's cute how you see some 59 year old faggot who is still taking meds for his anxiety and therapy yet he says "it works".

If it worked you wouldn't need to keep using it.
>>
>>37825286
Like I said in an earlier post, the best you can hope from meds and therapy is to make your condition tolerable. There is no cure, unlike what the retarded normies claim, and if you ever stop you'll likely be worse than before
>>
>>37825420

>something temporary and fully curable

I was replying to someone who said it's fully curable. He didn't say "tolerable"

Even then chances are if you're here, the medicine isn't making shit tolerable at all.

A huge portion of us have tried medicine therapy before but dumbdumbs think they know better than us.

Fuck meds, I'm better now that I'm off them.
>>
>>37825509
Yeah sorry, I think I misunderstood the conversation I butted into. I'm in complete agreement with you. The meds are poison and therapy is at best blowing smoke up your ass, and at worst hurts yiu due to normies being incapable of comprehending your experiences.
>>
>>37825262
>>37825176
>there's no point in arguing with people, anon.
>you'd know why what you're doing right now is stupid as fuck.
I do know that arguing on the internet is pointless, but I have a weakness, and a misguided hope that maybe someone will say something to help me understand their position.

>You are just here to tell everyone their wrong hurrdurr fuck off.
wrong.

>Do you like it when some Chad walks up to you.
Doesn't happen to me, because I don't talk to people IRL and therefore have no occasion to interact with Chads or be accosted by them.

>If you weren't a virgin and if you had friends, you'd be spending your day on r9k telling all of us that you dont' understand how someone can be a virgin.
Pure speculation. I don't know what I'd do in that situation. Maybe I'd be posting feels in failed normie threads about how having sex once and never again is worse than never period. I can't imagine myself being chad in any world.

>You are picking on people who you view beneath you,
No, I don't view them as beneath me. I never said anything like that.

>you are the type who try to blend in & pretend he's "one of us" but will backstab us as soon as the moment comes up.
? Now I have no idea what you're talking about.

Allow me to reiterate. I want to know why suicidal people are that way. I do not consider suicidal people beneath me. And I have not "demanded" anything, I've simply tried (unsuccessfully) to have a conversation with people who hold different views than me.
>>
>>37825592
not reading that shit.
At the beginning you're already saying I'm wrong.

Fuck. off. Stop making long posts that don't contribute to anything.

You're an asshole who just wants people to feel worse.
>>
File: 1497301182817.jpg (39KB, 600x583px) Image search: [Google]
1497301182817.jpg
39KB, 600x583px
>>37825592
Damn nigger, nobody fucking cares about your normie bullshit opinions, fuck off.
>>
>>37825592
>I want to know why suicidal people are that way
Have you ever felt as though your perspective is completely meaningless? There is no value, everything you do is a detriment to your own development and the development of others into something of greater or more distilled meaning than whatever you or they see now. Like you're a corrupted program and you know how but you don't know how to change it. You have standards but you don't live up to them, you can't live up to them, and lowering them would be accepting mediocrity.

You can't. You know what you have to reject and when you yourself fit into your view of what needs to be rejected you need to reject yourself. Or the world in general, maybe. Something that a change of scenery can't fix.

It's like that trope where you ask a supercomputer AI to solve a paradox and it can't so all of its fuses blow and it dies. There's no way out except to not exist. Sure, someone with a greater level of something or other could probably solve that problem, but not you.
>>
>>37825703
>You have standards but you don't live up to them, you can't live up to them, and lowering them would be accepting mediocrity

I can understand having high standards. My recommendation would be to lower them. See >>37824735
>Maybe they just have overdrawn expectations about how life should be and aren't sufficiently cynical and disillusioned.

Thanks for the genuine reply in a sea of shit anon. Now I need to sleep.
>>
>>37825922
> shits up the thread with his off topic posting
>actually has the audacity to get upset about being called out on it

Glad you're going to sleep, maybe we can salvage this thread now. Don't come back.
>>
>>37825680
you and your unsightly computer geek buddies have made it your entire lives. its almost like you were all sitting around with no reason to live until i arrived.
>>
>>37825703
Or, more simply, you have a function but you can't execute it. Your reason to live literally cannot exist.
>>
>>37823858
the "context of life" is all-encompassing. simply put, you are just as retarded as your shitty analogy and should fuck off back to normieville.
>>
>>37821336
Talk about government tool
>>
>>37821809
Wow, you're seriously retarded.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.