[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when you realize humans are LITERALLY animals >you're

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 19

>when you realize humans are LITERALLY animals
>you're just as much an animal as a chimpanzee, dog, cat, lion, snake, goldfish
>you're literally a cousin to everything that's alive right now
>when you realize civilization is ONLY 12000 years old

why didn't they tell us this in school? are YOU ashamed of being an animal?
>>
>>37820475
We are organic life like a tree is or minuscule microorganisms are
What about it?
>>

Biologically? Certainly.
Behaviorally? Absolutely not.
The only other animals that could possibly rival us are primates, and even then they have a long way to go.
>>
>>37820491
does this not give you a new perspective? since i've thought about it i've been noticing these very animalistic behaviours from people in everyday life and even in global events, and this comparison never gets brought up.
>>37820548
>Behaviorally? Absolutely not.
no two species are alike, though, so isnt' that a given? i'm just trying to point out that humans adapted to this ecosystem that existed along other animals so there are similarities

i'm trying really hard to not sound like a hippie right now
>>
>>37820548
>disrespecting cetaceans this hard
>>
>>37820607
>i've been noticing these very animalistic behaviours from people in everyday life and even in global events
Definitely. We have social rules just like any animal and we're mostly driven by desires to reproduce and protect our own groups so our offspring can reach adulthood and continue the process. Not to mention primal instincts and pleasure. Hell, even our emotions are just the way our instincts drive us.
>humans adapted to this ecosystem that existed along other animals
We're actually more akin to a virus, which changes its environment rather than adapts to it.
>>
>>37820709
i agree, but now i don't know what to do with this information.

i guess it's just an interesting obeservation/perspective
>>
>>37820475
What school did you go to? In most countries they do tell you that at school.

Civilization is only 12000 years old IF you rely on a very narrow definition of "civilization".
Most, probably all, features of civilisation were present in tribal societies before that.
>>
>>37820827
You have two options. Do absolutely nothing with this information and just continue to live your life until you die like everyone else. Or you can learn human psychology and manipulate people into doing what you want by tapping into their dumb animalistic mindset.
>>
>>37820860
>Most, probably all, features of civilisation were present in tribal societies before that.
Sure. What i posted was just a rough estimate I had to look up to make sure I got it right.

> In most countries they do tell you that at school.
Of course i was told about evolution but I feel like it wasn't emphasized enough, or It's entirely possible just don't remember it. But I'm pretty sure I would have payed attention and have thought that it was awesome that we're actually animals. I guess nobody really phrases it in such a simple way "Humans are animals". That's a sentence everyone can understand I think.
>>37820901
Can i do #2 without manipulating people? I don't need / I am not interested in getting what I want from people, I just want to know more about why someone does what they're doing
>>
>>37820954
Fine, be a fag about it. Learn all about why people do things the way they do, but never use that knowledge to benefit yourself or anyone else.
>>
https://youtu.be/vaIH5tLmC8U

Sheeeeet bruh. I know but what the fuck do we do lul we are the highest of the high when it comes to the food chain. Were so high up there that we care about other species. I guess the line of importance we put on animal is there capabilities to do things. For example a rolly pollys life is meaningless compared to a lion or a chimp.

Until were able to fully communicate they will never ever have the worth of a human life in the eyes of the masses. Youre also romanticising animals when their nature is just like ours if not worse. Your cousin timmy the tiger would dismember your body and leave a trail of blood as he bites into your neck with its sharp teeth and drags your body while you try your hardest to breath and escape to no avail

In first second and even some third world i think its a common census that we dont want animals to go extinct. We all care about the animals to some extemt even the hunters who shoot deer ans all these other things. They dont want the species to die off. Coming from a top predator thats more than the other animals could possibly ask for
>>
Delete this thread OP if you don't want to get v&nned.

Anti-Buddha should be here in a few minutes anyways but just to be safe...

Yes, you are exactly like a jellyfish, kangaroo, giant squid, black widow spider, etc. Homo sapiens aren't the only species in the universe which is IMPLIED through western education and social conditioning.

Anybody can be anything and everybody is anybody and everybody is everything.

You are literally everything - the entire universe and God.

People will call you insane and lock you up for holding this sentiment, however, which REALLY gets those neurons firing.
>>
Really you'd think this would be common sense but apparently not.
Religions condition people to think we're somehow special.
>>
>>37821122
i'm not romanticising anything!! i'm not saying i can walk into a forest like fucking pocahontas.

>Coming from a top predator thats more than the other animals could possibly ask for.
Nice thought. I'm def all for preserving as much as we can but I don't know what I can do about that

>>37821133
>Homo sapiens aren't the only species in the universe which is IMPLIED through western education and social conditioning.
That's exactly how i feel! But it's perfectly normal for a human to know the most about humans. Nothing wrong with that, but it should also be acknowledged that we started in this ecosystem that we kinda grew out of.

>Anti-Buddha should be here in a few minutes anyways but just to be safe...
I doubt it man

>>37821047
I never said I didn't want to help people but I want to be responsible. I don't want to start shit, just know what to do in times where this knowledge is aplicable

>>37821261
For sure it's a major part of why people think like this. How do you think people would respond if on the street you told them "hey, you are literally an animal"? I think most people wouldn't like it very much
>>
Listen up ye motherfarkin' schitkarnts, I am a farken' 4chan EXPERT and me is farken' sick of yer bloody booshit fargetry cloggin' up muh board. It's booshit I tell yer, farken' BOOSHIT! Get yer farken' transfag buttboy nigger ass normie cancer off muh FAHCKING board before I chuck me booze at yer n' torch yer farken' libtard party n' make yall real roasties haHaHAHOho, I swear to da fucken' devil ye need a retard leash put on y'all n' why don't ye make yerselves useful n' fucken' hang yerselves on it cus yer good for nothin' fuckass NORMIES, F ALL Y'ALL OFF MY BOARD NORMIES, I will fucken' put muh cigar out in yer bloody eye sockets if ye dare come back 'ere. Abandon all hope fer this gerd fersaken board. RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: GPN-2000-001124rsz.jpg (2MB, 1900x1927px) Image search: [Google]
GPN-2000-001124rsz.jpg
2MB, 1900x1927px
>>37820475
Can animals do THIS?

Don't sell yourself too short OP
>>
>>37821501
well, apparently they can!
>>
File: 133204858413.jpg (649KB, 1400x1390px) Image search: [Google]
133204858413.jpg
649KB, 1400x1390px
>>37821514
Really makes you think

>You have been muted for
>>
>>37820475
technically true, but not really in any sense of mental capacity.
>>
>>37821642
Let's say humans meet life with a much higher intelligence. Would it be fine for them to consider us as animals since they have stronger minds?
>>
>>37820475
They told you all of this in school.
Dude.
Where do you even live.
>>
File: 1489103151860.jpg (232KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
1489103151860.jpg
232KB, 979x832px
>>37821711
They might not have that same concept like we do if we are talking about a species 100% separate from humans, and from anything on Earth that exists or ever existed. This question is asked in the context of our knowledge/experience but theres may be something so beyond our understanding that they may not have such concepts or mindsets at all.

So it's a moot point desu
>>
>>37821748
>theres

theirs*
>>
>>37821711
Eh, I'd say the baseline should be setting up a society that at least attempts to punish those who harm others, which humans have done. I can't really think of any animals that have something like this.
>>
>>37821802
>punish those who harm others

Crows are believed to do this believe it or not, read up on Crow courts and gatherings, some really surprising shit.

Crow intelligence is fascinating, but of course nothing compared to human intelligence and that goes to every other semi-intelligent species on this planet
>>
>>37821711
it's very likely the intelligence would be incomparable
>>
yeah, i'm not ashamed of being an animal but i don't particularly like being human
could be worse though, at least i'm "white"
>>
>>37821748
>So it's a moot point

Whether or not the species is from earth is irrelevant in his hypothetical question you half wit.

Why are more intelligent beings considered less of an animal?
>>
>>37821928
Theres no higher intelligence than humans on Earth so his hypothetical higher intelligence will have to come from elsewhere and be an alien species unlike anything before or since on Earth so yes it is a very relevant point to his hypothetical you half wit
>>
>>37820548
There is absolutely nothing in human behavior that isn't normal animal behavior.

Do we build things that are more complex? Yes, but so what. Spiders are the only things that make spiderwebs, termites are the only thing that builds arcologies, so does that make them apart from all other animal life? I think it's obvious the human way of thinking leads us to unnaturally favor exempting ourselves from the idea we have of all other life, because we are mean as shit to all other life.

Oh, and language- how well understood are the complex sounds made by other social animals? Can you say with certainty that they aren't language?

Try an experiment. If you are a racist, classist, or hater of trump supporters or anything similar that denigrates some particular group of humans, try thinking of everyone you think of as "better" as instead the same as the people you dislike- find negatives or hateful stereotypes about everyone, and lower all people to that level.

I think much of the effort to deny these kind of "people are animals" ideas is trafficking in an imaginary good guy team you wish to belong to, a special club you imagine, the ones going to heaven, the righteous crusaders, the ones you can rationalize giving dangerous agency to in your imagination. It's okay for me to have nuclear weapons, because I am the good guy.

There's a scorched earth empathy to admitting you are no different than the cockroaches you step on or the pigs you eat.
>>
>>37820475
Nah. If we're animals, we're leagues above any other animal. If anything it makes me feel a little better, because mentally I had always put humans in a different category.
>>
>>37821965
> hypothetical higher intelligence will have to come from elsewhere

There is not logic in that. Do you not know what a hypothetical question is?

I can simply say what if a species evolved on earth with much more intelligence that humans which makes your entire messy argument MOO. I shouldn't have to explain that to you, but you are probably american and therefore dumb.
>>
>>37822034
>Nah. If we're animals, we're
>blah blah blah
are you retarded? what do you think we are, fungi?
>>
>>37822034
>because mentally I had always put humans in a different category.

stop doing that and try and try observing the world then

it's a trip
>>
Aristotle: It is evident that the state is a creation of nature, and that man is by nature a political animal.
>>
>>37821992
>There is absolutely nothing in human behavior that isn't normal animal behavior.

How can you just so blatantly come out with such a false and wrong statement like that and display your ignorance so proudly? First off consider the way we used to hunt on the savannah, we're the only species that tracked and followed animals to exhaustion over long distances, that isn't normal animal behavior.

Now consider farming, cultivating food and crops, herding livestock and cooking our food and roasting it over a fire, again nothing found among other animals. The use of tools, the use of weaponry the use of language, the written recording of language and history, reading and writing are all examples of human behavior that isn't normal animal behavior.

These are just a few of a multitude of examples of human behavior that isn't normal animal behavior.

>Do we build things that are more complex? Yes, but so what. Spiders are the only things that make spiderwebs, termites are the only thing that builds arcologies, so does that make them apart from all other animal life?

The difference is those creatures build those things because evolution programmed them to do so for their survival and propagation. There is no evolutionary benefit from building statues, making art or writing books but we do that anyways.

There is no evolutionary benefit to traveling in space, we were not designed to travel in space, space is a hostile environment to humans without life support and proper protection - but we do it anyways. And space travel is perhaps the ultimate human behavior that isn't normal animal behavior - we have to take animals to space if we wish to study how they behave up there because they won't be building, designing and launching rockets themselves, only we will.
>>
>>37822248
>There is no evolutionary benefit from building statues, making art or writing books but we do that anyways.

Oh really? Education isn't meant to advance humanity?
>>
People are animals.
Cheetahs are animals.

Cheetahs are the fastest land animals.
People are at the top of the food chain and destined to rule over all of nature and beyond.

Just because people are animals doesn't mean we're not the ultimate life form. That's just our thing. Like all animals have their own animal thing, our thing is to be the best at blowing the fuck out of whatever nature can do.
>>
if humans are literally animals how come they can change the original usage of a word like literally from it's original sense to mean the complete opposite

more to the point though, if humans are really just animals, how come they have an innate sense of right and wrong, as exhibited when a child senses the pain of injustice, even before it can articulate such a concept?
>>
File: Apollo_17_Cernan_on_moon.jpg (2MB, 2400x2476px) Image search: [Google]
Apollo_17_Cernan_on_moon.jpg
2MB, 2400x2476px
>>37822293
The very concept of advancing a species to greater and greater heights and enhancing the collective knowledge and potential of a species is only a uniquely human behavior anon.

You won't find the desire for space travel and the search for another world suitable of hosting our way of life among any other species, we alone do so.
>>
>>37820475
>why didn't they tell us this in school?

is OP from kansas or something. i've known this shit since i was 12
>>
>>37822248

You retard. Go back to school. Everything we do is animalistic in origin. Just as my dog looks in the mirror and tries to understand how he can see himself, I look at the sky and wonder my own set of mysteries.

Even your and my reaction right now (hostility) is purely animalistic, and a pointless reaction for a "transcended" being. It's territorial.

Basically, wake the fuck up.
>>
>>37822248
you're just wrong anon. lots of animals hunt other animals to exhaustion - why do you think sharks have the ability to smell blood in the water from miles away?
corvids, octopi, cetaceans, chimpanzees, they all use tools.
leafcutter ants have fungal agriculture.
space travel and sculpture do have an evolutionary advantage, it's a cultural domination thing that lets people live feeling more fulfilled and less likely to commit suicide out of nihilism I guess.

but the fact of the matter is, none of that is an argument anyway. We are animals biologically, there's no debating this. If any other animals were as smart as we were, they'd also go to space and probably build pyramids and eiffel towers if they felt emotionally rewarded by it. Don't confuse our intelligence with being un-animallike, there's just no other animals to compare ourselves to.

If we were really un-animal-like, we'd just do random crazy shit like psychopaths and defy our natural instincts (more than we and other animals already do, I mean).
>>
File: all-1.png (320KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
all-1.png
320KB, 800x450px
>>37822363
Also you will not find the capability to imagine in any other species, imagination sets us apart from the rest of the creatures on this planet as well

And as Einstein famously said- "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."
>>
>>37822363
>>37822346
>>37822431

>innate sense of right and wrong
>advancing a species to greater and greater heights
>imagination

Couldn't also this just be evolutionary? These traits obviously shaped how civilizations are formed, we needed them, but at the end of the day they are just chemicals in your brain determined by evolution.
>>
>>37822431
>Also you will not find the capability to imagine in any other species, imagination sets us apart from the rest of the creatures on this planet as well
wrong, they do, they're just not as good at it, see >>37822428

>corvids, octopi, cetaceans, chimpanzees, they all use tools.
>If any other animals were as smart as we were, they'd also go to space and probably build pyramids and eiffel towers if they felt emotionally rewarded by it. Don't confuse our intelligence with being un-animallike, there's just no other animals to compare ourselves to.
>>
>>37822423
Your understanding of the term "animalistic" here is flawed

Animalistic in the strictest sense may refer to the reptilian brain, yes it can guide our actions but we humans also have the other parts of the brain including the relatively new pre-frontal cortex that is not "animalistic" in nature.

The Pre-frontal cortex is concerned with long term planning, and future oriented thinking, as well as other functions, if you call this "animalistic" as well then you are just arguing in a round-about statement that any behavior we have as humans is inherently animalistic because we have brains - yet you won't find such highly developed brain in any other species on Earth
>>
>>37822248
>we're the only species that tracked and followed animals to exhaustion over long distances, that isn't normal animal behavior.
Bull fucking shit, while persistence hunting is rarer than ambush hunting several different animals use it including African Wild Dogs and Wolves
>>
>>37822484
well if you presume evolution, then you're going to ascribe every trait to evolution, aren't you?

but how does a small child feeling the pain of being wronged further the survival of the species?
>>
>>37822569
you sound really clueless about the evolutionary advantages of social structures and morality
watch some fucking Jordan Peterson videos mate, it'll blow your mind
>>
>>37822506
Cool, call me when those dogs use tools to make other tools, then KEEP those tools for later re-use.

That's the literal litmus test for intelligence in animals.

the ONLY animal in nature that does two of three of those things is the Raven.
It uses tools to make other tools, but it discards them after use. It cannot conceive of needing the same tool later, even if it makes the same tool the next day.

The thing that separates humans from animals is the ability to plan for the distant future.
>>
>>37822569
Steels their resolve and gives them emotional/interpersonal intelligence.
>>
>>37822600
you sound incapable of answering these questions without an appeal to authority

don't you have any thoughts of your own?
>>
>>37822607
>The thing that separates humans from animals is the ability to plan for the distant future.

This and its partly due to the highly developed pre-frontal cortex of our brains which no other animal has. And is entirely separate from the more primitive, reptilian brain that you can claim makes some species animalistic.

But just because we have a reptilian portion of our brain left behind from evolution does not make us animals in the same way as every other creature on Earth, because we don't use that portion of the brain alone to guide us in our decision making, planning and thinking/executing actions and goals.
>>
>>37822607
so why do you contend that it's not just a difference of magnitude? of course dumber animals act dumber, but at the end of the day we're fundamentally the same

>>37822627
Jesus christ anon, I'm just trying to recommend an awesome youtube channel that explains it better than I could and that you can watch on your own time. No need to assume I'm trying to give you the slip like some kind of weasel, using a slurry of logical fallacies
>>
>>37822569

>if you presume evolution, then you're going to ascribe every trait to evolution, aren't you?
well, it's the best explanation there is and it's certanly the one i'm basing my original post on, no doubt, i'll admit that

>how does a small child feeling the pain of being wronged further the survival of the species?
very good question, i'm going to look this up

>>37822607
>The thing that separates humans from animals is the ability to plan for the distant future.
is this really so unlikely? i would not be surprised at all if an animal species was discovered to do this
>>
>>37822607

We plan for the immediate future. Human's will go extinct by our own hand.

We make ourselves aware of issues relating to our survivability, and then (as a society) do nothing about them. Even such things as having children would one day have to be regulated if we're to survive. We will probably face extinction sooner rather than later, whereas the "stupid" raven will likely thrive in our absence.
>>
>>37822607
Ants do this too with their agriculture. Ants have no need for tools because their hivemind allows them to turn their bodies into tools.
>>
File: Frazetta Neanderthal.jpg (220KB, 1000x1249px) Image search: [Google]
Frazetta Neanderthal.jpg
220KB, 1000x1249px
>why didn't they tell us this in school?
lol at Burgerclaps being raised on Jesus and TMNT
>>
>>37822607
>>37822692
Hell, hibernation practices qualify.
>>
>>37822666
>but at the end of the day we're fundamentally the same

No Satan, we're not, I'm catching onto your dirty tricks, trying to drag humanity down into the dirt and make us think we're no different from the rest of the animals that inhabit this planet.

This whole thread is full of examples in how we are not fundamentally the same
>>
>>37822714
i'm eastern european, as i already explained in a post, i was taught evolution in school but nobody really put it like this : "you are an animal"
>>
File: 1497855234868.png (362KB, 838x574px) Image search: [Google]
1497855234868.png
362KB, 838x574px
Consciousness is what separates us, no other animal is capable of questioning their own existence, their purpose in life, to introspect and imagine alternate possibilities for themselves and their collective species.

We are the only species on this planet that has developed a total conscious awareness to this extent, and I'd say it is because of that fact that we are different from animals.
>>
>>37822768
that's because Slavs are half angel and half grey alien
>>
>>37822666
> so why do you contend...

i don't think i've made any particular argument... yet

> of course dumber animals act dumber,

tangentially related, but if we're speaking to 'intelligence' - if one is really just an evolved primate, geared toward survival, then how can one trust an evolved rationale; since it is not necessarily fit for the purpose of observing reality, but instead relies on selected traits for getting through a cruel world

rather than having a sense of overwhelming hurt when treated harshly, wouldn't it be much better for humans to fatalisticly accept that 'life is tough, get used to it, nothing personnel kid'?
>>
>>37822854
>how can one trust an evolved rationale; since it is not necessarily fit for the purpose of observing reality, but instead relies on selected traits for getting through a cruel world
very good question, but what other options do we have? we can't really operate on any other rationale or even totally turn off our emotions to act
>>
>>37822692
>very good question, i'm going to look this up

i liek u
>>
File: STS-116_spacewalk_1.jpg (1MB, 2500x1649px) Image search: [Google]
STS-116_spacewalk_1.jpg
1MB, 2500x1649px
>>37822832
And so far as we know with the best of our current, limited knowledge we are the only species in the universe that has developed consciousness to this extent.

We are perhaps truly unique. I don't say this with certainty but with a good degree of plausibility.
>>
File: my life.jpg (9KB, 325x259px) Image search: [Google]
my life.jpg
9KB, 325x259px
>>37820475
why are humans so depressed most of the time while animals are almost always happy?

we are just an animal right? I agree with you I want a real answer to this...
>>
>>37820475
They're not animals. We're mammals. Not all animals are mammals, not all mammals are animals. Why do you think a lot of people turn to religion? Plus if you look at it like we're all animals the world gets really uglier looking than it is in some ways. It's rather unhealthy to approach things from that perspective.
>>
>>37822751
>This whole thread is full of examples in how we are not fundamentally the same
Like what?
(assuming and hoping the other ideology stuff in this post is self-aware and ironic)
>>
>>37821992
Don't mind me just behaving like any other animal would, nothing unique about this at all
>>
>>37822904
>very good question, but what other options do we have?

well not to be contrarian for the sake of it, but what if we aren't merely evolved creatures - and the evidence of such things as a universal belief in concepts like 'right and wrong' indicate a higher ideal that we inherently ascribe to?

and while people-groups may differ on the details of what is good and bad, the fact that we all perceive the world through the lens of morality from the earliest age, might suggest that their is a 'higher law'

and if there is a higher law, then that would necessitate a Higher Law Giver

... wouldn't it?
>>
>>37823023
>Like what

Like our ability to argue and debate over this very question perhaps?
>>
>>37822963
Happy? They're animals. They're running software that's too basic for "happy". They're just either Hungry, Horny, Sleepy, or in Pain. If there isn't enough of any of these 4, they're just content.
>>
>>37823065
Animals can get depressed though
>>
File: IMG_0340.jpg (131KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0340.jpg
131KB, 1200x750px
>>37820475
When will fedora tippers stop spreading this fucking garbage. This is why I'm going to home school my kids. We were created in gods own image, we didn't come from some shit flinging monkey.
>>
File: mammal.png (7KB, 310x203px) Image search: [Google]
mammal.png
7KB, 310x203px
>>37823016
>not all mammals are animals

Holy fuck this is one of the most retarded things I've seen on here.
>>
>>37823058
I'm all for it but I really dislike the approach of "i don't know so higher power done did it". Trough history, the need for higher power to explain things gets smaller and smaller exponentially. And it's not even an ego thing, I would not mind at all being a creation
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyC3OSC-3iE
>>
>>37823099
You must not read the things you write then.
If you're an animal you don't have human rights. Think about it. If you wanna convince me you're not a human just a dumb flesh bag of an animal I am willing to consider that it's a fluke and you specifically are in fact an animal, while humans as a whole are generally not.
>>
>>37823148
>you wanna convince me you're not a human just a dumb flesh bag of an animal
i'm not him, but you're taking this a bit differently than I think it's intended
You can still be a good person with morals, upstanding citizen, you name it. You can be a good person it's just that in order to fully understand ourselves we have to change the definition for these things to have root in nature and evolution, because those things shaped us / society in the end.
>>
>>37823065
Have you ever been around a dog? Even if we anthropomorphize on them frequently for more complex emotions they very obviously have reactions that can be dubbed "happy" and "sad" that have nothing to do with the 4 categories you mentioned, like their owner coming home despite being fed, spayed/neutered, walked and well rested.
>>
>>37823213
God shaped man in his image. He might of used evolution in part to do it. I don't believe man is an animal aside from that. Had a common ancestor with other animals I can accept because it was just a building block that got turned into a lot of different things. Adam got made from 'dust' of the earth, to me that sounds like he got shaped by the environment which works with evolution.

If you wanna be an animal and get treated like one go right ahead.
>>
>>37823112
i hear you, i really do

and i agree with you, it would be irrational to just assume a 'higher power' without evidence

but as we've just seen, there is one small indication that there may be something transcendent to our nature

and many people around the world hold that there are further evidences of something greater than ourselves

for instance, the 'cosmological argument' which speaks to the unlikelihood of something coming from nothing

and then of course, there's the 'fine tuning' argument, which elaborates on the numerous unlikely chances that had to happen to create an ordered and observable and logical universe - not to mention, the chances that a planet would find itself in a goldlocks zone of cosmic good fortune where life could prosper... and then on top of that; the chances of life actually emerging

such folk would argue that there's just too much going on to simply accept it as happenstance
>>
>Philosophy
>Religion
>Meta-cognition
>Theology
>etc

Name me one animal philosopher, name me an animal religion, you can't.

Name me animals that think about how they think (meta-cognition) like we do, you can't.

These are but more examples of how different humans are from animals. And you cannot claim these are similar to other behaviors in nature because they are not.
>>
>>37822832
How do you know that some monkeys don't think these profound thoughts and that they just can't tell us?
>>
>>37820548
> The only other animals that could possibly rival us are primates
Well, there are also dolphins and corvids who are hella smart.
>>
File: CetaceanPhotoFact_3.jpg (1MB, 2083x1042px) Image search: [Google]
CetaceanPhotoFact_3.jpg
1MB, 2083x1042px
>>37824334
facts bro, dolphins are very smart and there are more traits of their intelligence we discover every year
>>
>>37820475
what kind of school did you fucking go to???
>>
>>37822346
We're animals with a more advanced thinking and scheming tool, that's it. Feelings and morals like that are just byproducts that come with higher intelligence.
>>
File: 1485663756884.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1485663756884.png
227KB, 635x661px
>>37820475
Sometimes I wish to leave civilization behind and live in the wilds like an animal. Just leave all this shittiness behind and become a feral man.
>>
>>37823533
just look at sloths man their great they dont need no morals
>>
>>37823533
We're still animals though, just a much more advanced animal that can think about thinking (for better or worse), create language and philosophy and so on.

We're still controlled by sex and the desire to procreate just as animals are. A few people can and will try to rise above it but unless you cut your balls off it's not happening.
>>
the people who say "were just animals" are usually the exact same people who say "the mind is a blank slate dude, gender is a social construct"
>>
>>37826746
Nice argument.

estate cliff
>>
>>37826775
its not an argument because im not making a claim or speaking with anybody, im simply stating my experience with hypocrisy
>>
>>37820475
I'm an apeman I'm an ape ape apeman oh I'm an apeman
I'm a king kong man I'm a voodoo man oh I'm an apeman
>>
>>37820548
humans are primates retard
>>
>>37826273
You could just do that, but deep down you know that you can not survive and it's harder than the current situation anyway.
>>
>>37820475

well, even if you are it's kinda pointless. you were an animal before realizing it, you just hadn't realized it yet. nothing's really changed.
>>
>>37820475
I have a lot in common with owls in that l don't give a hoot!
>>
>>37822569
>but how does a small child feeling the pain of being wronged further the survival of the species?
Monkeys LITERALLY can experience that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meiU6TxysCg

>>37826746
I don't see how the two statements are correlated, I agree with the former, not with the latter.

>>37822248
>The difference is those creatures build those things because evolution programmed them to do so for their survival and propagation. There is no evolutionary benefit from building statues, making art or writing books but we do that anyways.
>implying people don't write book, make art, or study science just to improve their position on the social ladder. To gain better status in the clan just like chimpanzees are programmed to do through other means

Guys, we used to be gorillas, we aren't much more than that now. If you look at how certain people approach things, or at mob mentality, at social interactions you would see our behavior isn't that different.
Just consider how much people think about sex, it really is a biological imperative as for animal as for humans.
>>
File: 1488985359280.jpg (12KB, 385x299px) Image search: [Google]
1488985359280.jpg
12KB, 385x299px
>>37820475
You JUST realized this, OP? Are you twelve?
>>
>>37820475
The older I am the more obvious it is to me.
>>
>>37827251
Of course but your outlook on things changes, which in turn can provide you with a better life, being more aware
>>
>>37827654
I knew it all along but never paid attention to it
>>
God made man in his own image. There is nothing shameful about this. The body is just a vessel anyway. The soul is what matters.
>>
File: kjzhgg.jpg (88KB, 900x703px) Image search: [Google]
kjzhgg.jpg
88KB, 900x703px
ITT: children that can't face reality and hide behind their emotions and bargain-bin philosophies

Here's the thing: there's nothing BAD about being an animal.
I mean shit dude, have you SEEN the rest of the universe out there?

The majority of it is non living.
Like as far as we know, earth is the only place in the universe with life.
AND on top of that, we each pulled a pretty good card, and were born as human beings.

Could you imagine if you were born as a dolphin?
I'd be having fucking nightmares every night about killer whales and great white sharks.

It is funny though watching people try to grasp and fumble at concepts to argue against it, with their feeble human brain operating over their animal brain-stem functions.

Like that guy who posted the moon rover.
We didn't go to the moon because we fucking felt like it, it happened because 2 huge ass human tribes felt they were in competition over resources, and spent huge effort trying to assert dominance over each other.

You have to be delusional and narcissistic to think you're really different than any other creature that came from the same planet as you.
>>
>>37826273

You'll enjoy it, up to the point that you get some infection or illness, and realize you know nothing about making medicine or healing the human body.
>>
The fact we ponder this alone is enough solid evidence that we are unlike any other animal.
>>
>>37828956
yet were still animals
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.