[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age do you think it becomes pointless to even try bother

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 93295902390523.png (8KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
93295902390523.png
8KB, 253x199px
At what age do you think it becomes pointless to even try bother making friends or getting a girlfriend?

I'm turning 30 this year and everything seems pointless.
>>
>>37817610
it s never pointless. It only becomes harder every year.
>>
>>37817610
probably 22 after I finished college and had made no friends
>>
>>37817610
>interacting with humans on an intimate level
It is always pointless
>>
>>37817610

ad
asdasdasdasd
>>
>>37817610
watch james paterson.
>>
File: for real.png (288KB, 542x529px) Image search: [Google]
for real.png
288KB, 542x529px
Normies don't want anymore friends, they're so suspicious and some of us including me get too attached. normies don't want anything deeper than acquaintances.
>>
>>37817610
18. Some of you will dispute this but look at it like this:

>you missed nursery
>you missed primary
>you missed secondary
>you missed sixth form

And in uni, people are there to find casual party friends & network with people for their own benefit.

Unless you made friends in your youth, you will never have true friends ever.
>>
It's not an age thing.

Some people are just meant to be alone, age isn't going to change that.
>>
File: 49er pepe.png (422KB, 545x563px) Image search: [Google]
49er pepe.png
422KB, 545x563px
>>37818054
>Unless you made friends in your youth
I did, they faded away though time. sucks because we were close, they became lawyers and engineers;most married. I wasn't even the dumb one out of the group either, I was the bookish one reading books on plants and animals. I got hit with depression at age 14 and it fucked me over bad.

I went to community college and got top grades then the next the depression came and hit like a mack truck and couldn't bring myself to study and lost all my newfound acquaintances. they wanted to give me pills but my mother refused

I'm now a 27 hkv
>>
>>37817959
>he thinks people who don't even know themselves have friendships.
Can we stop pretending normies have personalities and are intelligent enough to even have a relationship deeper than various shades of acquaintances?
>>
>>37818054
Bullshit. I was a shy shut in for 4 trimesters
Came back 5th trimester and turned Chad mode after a holiday in Thailand boosted my confidence.
Just be friendly, smile and be CONFIDENT. fuck social anxiety, TAKE IT On

I'm twenty btw.
>>
Honestly i think once you hit 31 you realize there is literally no point trying anymore. I'm 32 and have totally given up. I bought a recumbent bike in January and it's been sitting in it's huge box in my living room since then.

I live for the weekends. But my weekends consist of buying 4 hamburgers and some kfc and a 1L bottle of rum and just gorging myself watching various youtubers, essentially living vicariously through them while eating for hours on end getting rapidly drunk. Then I basically lay in bed hungover all day Saturday until I eventually bring myself to get up (usually when my phone battery dies), then go out and do it again.

The KFC is always better on Saturday because a better manager works there on Sat night. The bitch on Friday nights at KFC is a wretched whore who I hope slips on a tendie and falls head first into the deep frier.... McDonald's on the other hand is always consistently good, except when I have to go to the waiting bays while everyone drives past me, but that's pretty rare.

Then Sunday I again lay in bed all day hungover oh sometimes I'll jack off to increasingly disturbing content too. Like crossdressers and shit like that. Like really amateur stuff.

Then I have to go and face the normies at work on Monday who ask me how my weekend was " oh the weather was so awesome we had a BBQ and a fire pit it was so nice, how was yours?". "yeah great" I never bothering to elaborate anymore. I used to make up tame lies to seem more normal but honestly I can't even be bothered doing that anymore.

I have no doubt that I could work my ass off on that recumbent bike and get a fat girlfriend on tinder, but the really scary thing is that, im actually realizing that.. I don't want to? Why would I want to ruin my Friday night food and rum feasts by having to pretend to like some disgusting roastie?

That's the mindset I have now, and it's almost as scary as it is depressing.
>>
>>37818167
35 is when your brain fully matures
>>
>>37817610
19. It's the age I am and despite going out with friends and that I have no social life or a gf. Exististance is pointless
>>
>>37817610
I honestly think it depends on how old you are and your level of social isolation. I've basically spend like 2-3 hours reading about it due to another thread at this point and if you're in your late teens/early 20's and it's not been for too long you can turn it around. Once you get over 30 if you haven't had any social interaction you're constantly mentally and emotionally stunted forever and have undergone psychological changes at a genetic level that make it difficult to gain satisfaction from social interaction or establish meaningful relationships.
>>
I really blame r9k for alot of my current attitude too. Like I'm 179cm tall and my entire life I've never felt short. But ever since I came here I've fallen for the manlet meme, and it's genuinely fucking with me. I'm suddenly noticing how average/below average my height is. It's like when you buy a new car and then you start noticing it everywhere. The worst part is the women.

I'm probably shrinking too because of my extreme weight.

Honestly op get out of this site while you can, it is genuinely and honestly bad for you psychologically.
>>
>>37818167
I'm turning 30 this year. Seems like the entire dating age group is taken (20-30). I can't get a GF if every girl has a bf.

I can't date women my age (30). Because they are in "marriage" mode or want kids soon. I still feel like I have an entire career ahead of me and cannot slow it down for kids. Plus, It'd be like my first relationship. Imagine how weird it'd be to go from NEVER dating to dating and the woman wanting kids in 1-2 years.
>>
26-year-old female, I'm done for.

I'm not emotionally or socially stunted, but I live in a extremely rural area and most people here are significantly older. I don't mind being alone, like my location and have accepted that this is probably where I'll be forever.

I wouldn't say I've "given up" but I've stopped looking, online and IRL.
>>
>>37817610
I'm 20 and have no idea how. To me, it's been pointless for a while.
>>
>>37817610
It's never too late anon. You just have to pretend like you've had one before. I had my first one when I was 25, I'm almost 28 now and I'm still with her. To this day, she still assumes she wasn't the first person I ever dated / had sex with.
>>
File: 1471901449868.gif (1003KB, 250x251px)
1471901449868.gif
1003KB, 250x251px
would you do it with a fairly ugly woman even if you were a virgin?

i am in a situation like this and im not sure i can do it even though my mind is telling me to do it anyway just to not be a virgin
>>
File: 1486103615793.png (832KB, 1240x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1486103615793.png
832KB, 1240x1118px
>>37817610
Probably after you finish with school your tutorial ends and your purpose in the machine shifts to aiding new generations get through the tutorial.

Eternal meaningless cycle of relearning everything, why :(
>>
>>37818469
I'd say yes, but not because being a virgin is particularly important, but rather you should always aim to gather new life experiences if you have the opportunity to do so with little cost.
>>
Thank God I made friends when I was in elementary prior to my severe anxiety hit. I will almost definitely die a virgin though so it's a trade off. Also I moved away and only see friends a few times a year.
>>
>>37818303
You know you can just open your legs and get horde of beta Orbiters and Chad boyfriends dumb slut
>>
>>37818503
thats what im thinking besides not like im george clooney in the looks department

makes me feel like a hypocrite
>>
>>37818611
It doesn't really make you a hypocrite, women value many things besides just looks, whereas men almost exclusively want looks. What you lack in looks you may make up for in other departments.
>>
File: feel cry.jpg (66KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
feel cry.jpg
66KB, 509x619px
>>37818303
>I live in a extremely rural area and most people here are significantly older
I think I could handle this a lot better.
I can handle being alone, if I'm actually alone.
But I'm never really alone, I'm always surrounded by people.
I have to hear them talking and laughing with each other, see all these people enjoying each other's company, their friendships and relationships, knowing that I can't enjoy those same things.
Even in my home, I can hear my neighbours talking and moving around, talking on the phone, and having visitors

It feels like I'm missing out on so much, and I have to be reminded about it constantly.
It feels like I'm starving, surrounded by food that smells delicious, but is out of reach.
>>
Men get married and even have kids when they are 50. Nothing is impossible, you are just wasting time, faggot.
>>
Never too late to make friends. Hell my grandpa is 85 and he's always telling us about the new friends he made out walking the dog or playing bowls
>>
>>37818759
literally the only food analogy i've seen that isn't bullshit
>>
I've been a shut-in NEET for nearly 15 years, 30 in a few months.

I started seeing a psychologist this year and it's not helping at all, infact it hasn't helped 1 bit. I'm pretty sure that I'm too far gone.
>>
I'm 21 and I think it's already too late. At some point I came to realization people get friends during school or being somehow connected at some point in the life. I live in shithole 20km from a big city and people living around are peasants and can't really hang out with them no matter what. I've met few people I kinda like in highschool, but they live too far away to be hanging out on daily. I feel kinda used to being lonely, smoke weed everyday but my whole life started bothering me recently. I don't enjoy things I used to, even when I hang out with some of my old friends it feels weird and awkward most of the time. We smoke and sit in silence, I'm putting an effort to build a conversation but it's all for nothing. It's like smoking and waiting to smoke again and no other purpose. It's scary at this point, because I came to realization I won't get more friends any time soon. I don't even know what I'm expecting from interaction with people/friends but I would like to enjoy it, instead of thinking I would spend that time better at home. I think I need new friends before my life becomes beyond saiving, but how do I acquire them?
>>
I'm 23. Stopped bothering somewhere around 18. It's better than gnawing your soul over tfw no gf stuff. I also hate being touched by other people and all tgat relationship thing is based upon tactile contact.
>>
>>37819676
Oh, and on friends. There are few peopke I talk to about vidya, politics and other such things. Do not consider them close friends, though, and have no need of such concept.
>>
>>37817610
Maybe 40. I've seen girls fall for guys that are ~20 years older than them (and no, they're not muslim)

There is hope OP
>>
File: theday.png (192KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
theday.png
192KB, 640x480px
>>37817610
what age realistically does it become pointless to try making friends or get a gf?
The Modern Age
>>
>>37818566
Because I have some standards and self-respect. I wouldn't settle for someone I didn't love and I don't care about sex much to the point that I need casual sex.

I have other cool things going on and I'm still happy without a bf.
>>
>>37819719
They are falling for their wallets and for becoming widows early.
>>
>>37819993
I'm talking about guys that aren't super wealthy either.
>>
>>37817610
Friends? I haven't had them for years so it's not like I need them now. I don't need a gf either. It's just asking to be exploited.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.