[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>amicably break up with fiancee >final hug was in tears

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1351107810960.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1351107810960.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>amicably break up with fiancee
>final hug was in tears and promised we'd always love each other
>three months later see her at an event
>see that she sees me
>actively avoids me the entire time

Don't know why, but that fucked me right up. It's not that I expected or even wanted to talk to her, but it felt like she either had disdain for me, or I simply meant nothing to her anymore.

Have you ever encountered your ex after the fact? How did it go and how did you feel about it?
>>
>tfw you saw this thread yesterday
Awkward.
>>
File: 1303469864831.png (3KB, 183x218px) Image search: [Google]
1303469864831.png
3KB, 183x218px
>>37816710
I don't have anyone to talk about it and I'm seriously hurting. :(
>>
I encountered my ex last week at a party for a mutual friend

It went really well and I plan on hanging out with her more platonically, sorry to say OP
>>
How does an amicable breakup work? How can you keep composure when you're losing someone you love?
I have no experience, but I wouldn't want to talk to that person politely when they leave me. I'd just say don't talk to me ever again and leave.
>>
Why did you break up in the first place?

You gotta move on, isn't that why you broke up?

Also you should know by now a woman can never love a man as deeply as a man can love a woman. She most likely moved on without a hitch, as women tend to have way more romantic opportunities than men do in the first place.
>>
She forced the feelings down anon. Something to do with her idea of "moving on", probably, but people never actually move on. You're not the only person who continues to think about people even years after the fact. To be fair, from an external perspective you probably seemed the same way.
>>
>>37816754

>Also you should know by now a woman can never love a man as deeply as a man can love a woman.
Ahahah ahahahaha.
Look at this gullible, sour-grapes, pretentious idiot who is so stupid to be brainwashed by r9k and the internet.
>>
>>37816752
>How can you keep composure when you're losing someone you love?

It all comes down to your mindset, expectations and how you view relationships.

Personally I don't expect to be with a single partner for the rest of my life, I believe that human relationships have limits and when they are reached it's best to walk away.

In this way I view every relationship I've ever had as a wholly positive experience. They didn't cost me anything, they were each beautiful little self contained chapters of my life and I'm thankful to all the girls for sharing their time with me, enriching the time I have here.
>>
Break up with bitch ex
Last day in our apartment before we part ways she starts crying and tries to hug me
Hold her at arms length
"You know what you did, you cunt"
Her mom never came to pick her up
Ended up having to drive her to her grandmother's house
Our puppy was there
Couldn't face that dog that i loved like a daughter
Still wonder if she's ok and how she's doing (the pup)
>greentext
>>
>>37816641
She just wanted some space. Told me she loved me. But wasn't "in love" with me and we needed a break so she could work out what she wanted. Also said I didn't have to agree to the break because people are free to do what they want.

Saw her at the mall with Chad the next day. Think they're married now.
>>
>>37816793

And what if your partner ends your relationship before your definition of limit? Surely you'll feel sad.
>>
>>37816641
>fiance
Fuck off back to rebbit.

>>37816774
t. Roastie
>>
File: 1354999116108.jpg (92KB, 643x760px) Image search: [Google]
1354999116108.jpg
92KB, 643x760px
>>37816752
>>37816754
We were in a rocky point of our relationship, and she had fallen for someone else. I gave her an ultimatum and she chose me. Then we talked for days to work it out, but by then I realized I had already lost her anyway. We were delaying the inevitable, so I made the choice to end it. Not a day goes by where I don't regret that choice, but I have to live with that now. Should've worked harder at it, gave it some more time, etc...

>>37816754
>>37816774
She went to the other guy straight away. (That was her absolute right, because she was no longer my fiancee). I think both of you are right in a way. I'm cynical and I don't ever want to put myself in a position again where I can be (heart)broken so profoundly. She was supposed to be 'the one'. Now I have nothing and she has it all.

Don't think it's 'sour-grapes'. It's about being broken and becoming so afraid.
>>
>>37816825

Of course I feel sad, but I'm not angry at them. I don't feel like I'm losing something because I always expected it would end eventually.

I don't regret any relationship I've ever had, the good times have always been worth the bad and I would do any one of them over again.
>>
>>37816793
>people are expendable
>There's nothing worth fighting for
Destruction of western civilization, thy name is (you).
>>
>>37816842

I'm not even a woman. There goes your only argument.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>37816947

not expendable, but definitely not as unique or special as everyone wants to believe they are.

the concept of 'the one' is complete and utter bullshit, there's no scientific basis for it. There are hundreds of thousands of women with which you can be happy.
>>
>>37816641
>break up
>promised we'd always love each other
How exactly is that supposed to work? You break up, you move on. You're not supposed to carry a torch for one another for life. This isn't a Hollywood movie, you're not going to meet up again in 25 years, realize you never should have parted ways, and then fade to black holding hands on a sunset-painted beach.

>three months later see her at an event
>actively avoids me the entire time
Stop reading so much into it. She knew that trying to have a conversation with you now would just lead to a few stuttered greetings and then a long, awkward silence. There was no disdain and no lack of feeling, just feelings that you both would have trouble expressing at this point post-relationship.
>>
>>37817008
Sure, hundreds of thousands of single women who I can be happy with, just waiting for me to autisticly charm my way into their hearts and will love me despite all my flaws.
Just put urself out there bro! You'll find someone! No one ever dies alone and unloved!
>>
>>37816774
I've dated many women/girls >Inb4 reee lol and I've always found it to be true
>>
>>37817052

you can't expect a woman to stay with you when she's unhappy just because you are afraid of trying to find a new partner

that's your problem, not hers. trying to enforce lifelong monogamy because it's easier for you is not "saving western civilisation"
>>
>>37816822
That's the most retarded fucking excuse I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. And it LITERALLY ALWAYS means that she's hopped onto Chad's dick. It happened to me, as well. Very sorry, anon.
>>
>>37816848
No, you absolutely 100% made the correct choice (well, almost. You should've broken up with her immediately once you knew she'd fallen for another guy, but it's really hard. I understand - I've gone through the same thing, actually. Just for future reference). Don't let anyone ever try to convince you otherwise.
>>
>>37816641
>fiance

What makes you think you'd be welcome here? Fuck off.
>>
File: 1401807478705.jpg (48KB, 468x317px) Image search: [Google]
1401807478705.jpg
48KB, 468x317px
>>37817217
This place is for the broken, damaged and miserable.

A pristine virginity is irrelevant when it comes to that.
>>
File: adrian ha.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
adrian ha.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>37816848

>I made the choice to end it. Not a day goes by where I don't regret that choice, but I have to live with that now. Should've worked harder at it, gave it some more time, etc...

Nah man, it's all cool. You 100% made the right choice. It's better for you to end it, rather than going into a marriage which is going to crash badly. Now, you don't have to pay for shit! You just ended it without anything going bad.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, she was likely already cheating on you. If she fell for a guy, chances are that she was already fucking him anyway. She just didn't tell you though.

Look, you're new to this, but just realize that women don't work like men. They don't truly "love" like we can. Men can love so hard that we fall in love with literally fictional characters. Women just care about men who can provide for them the most and are the most "alpha".
>>
>>37817074

Then you dated the wrong ones and have terrible taste in women.
>>
>>37817217

Babby got triggered and needs trigger warnings.
Develop a skill and create your own image based anonymous internet forum and then you can make the rules, babby.
>>
>>37816641
Sorry, anon but what did you think was going to happen?
>>
>>37818858
It was the 'I expected nothing but was still disappointed'-type of thing.

I thought I was moving on, but I realized I was also still so heartbroken and... In love with her. It's just such a struggle. That's all. :(
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.